User Reviews for Omeprazole

Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Summary of Omeprazole reviews 7.6 170 reviews

Reviews for Omeprazole

Steve · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: "Well, after months of problems swallowing, up in the night I went to my GP, who prescribed 20mg Omeprazole and hey presto day 1 cured. On a month trial, but after a week just good as new, no side effects. Brilliant."

Melon · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2019

For Stomach Ulcer: "I was prescribed this drug as I was suffering from stomach pain whilst taking ibuprofen for a dental abscess. I took 3 doses over 3 days and then stopped it, as I was suffering from chest, shoulder and arm pain, anxiety, tearfulness, raised blood pressure and pulse and extreme heartburn, which I do not usually suffer from. I also felt extremely unwell. One week later and I am beginning to feel better, although still suffering from heartburn. This drug obviously does not suit me."

Anonymous August 4, 2019

For Indigestion: "I have been taking omeprazole for 2 weeks and it was horrible, it cause my stomach to have more gas and bloat which is the opposite of what I feel it should do. It also cause constipation and loss of appetite I would never take this again after 1 day the abdominal pain got better! "

KatB · Taken for 10 years or more August 2, 2019

For GERD: "I've been on this omeprazole over 15 years. Couldn't get off of it, until I lost my pills. I knew could make it 2 days without too much heartburn but that was iffy. 3rd day no backlash! 6th day same. I suffer terribly when I don't have it. "

Jim · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 28, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus: "I was taking omeprazole for GERD and after 6 months of taking it , a primary doctor said to stop taking this for awhile because of the long term side effects . Of course I did and only had occasional heartburn. But unknown to me at the time, I had developed Barrett’s esophagus and started having problems with acid reflux again . After an EDG, they diagnosed me with Barrett’s and to go back on esomeprazole 40mg. But I didn’t stay on it for long because I was thinking about the long term side effects . Wished I would of, really wished I would of stayed on omeprazole because now after a gastric ulcer, the surgeon discovered esophageal cancer. So after cancer treatments of radiation and chemo, I am currently taking 40mg of this again, twice daily . I truly wish I would of stayed on it, thus possibly avoiding esophageal cancer"

ladylaura · Taken for 10 years or more July 28, 2019

For GERD: "I have been taking Omeprazole 20 mg daily - for over 10 years to treat acid reflux. I also have asthma and a tendency to get chest infections. At the beginning of the year I developed a cough; different to any cough I had previously experienced. The cough would exhaust me during the day and keep me awake at night. I was eventually sent to an ENT specialist who told me I had a GERD cough and to double my dose of Omeprazole, which I did. After I increased the dose my cough became much worse. I decided to stop the Omeprazole and try to manage with over the counter remedies. Within days my cough improved dramatically and now, 3 weeks after stopping Omeprazole it continues to improve. Whilst I never attributed my worsening asthmatic problems to Omeprazole I noticed that suddenly my chest was much better and I was not needing to use my bronchodilator inhaler."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: " Omeprazole is highly effective in helping with reflux issues. No more agonising sore throats and congestion in sinuses. However, I do feel it has raised my anxiety considerably and brain fog is noticeable. I have also suffered from muscle twitching/jolts. All these symptoms started a couple of months after I started the omeprazole."

Grace · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

For GERD: "I was prescribed this after being diagnosed with GERD. I currently take Adderall XR and Lamotrigine. I've taken antacids with both medications before without any issues, but after my second dose of Omeprazole, I felt awful. not only did it feel like it completely disabled the lamotrigine, causing me to feel dizzy and like my entire body was made of static, but it also gave me pretty intense nausea. I tried it for 4 days and it was like having the flu for 3 of those 4 days. All of those days I had to take Ibuprofen or Tylenol, several antacids, anti nausea chews or emetrol, and zantac, and that only lasted a few hours of comfort until it would come back. These pills are the worst thing ever to come out of a bottle. I'd rather take zantac the rest of my life than take this stuff ever again. The worst part is I was told this wouldn't interact with anti-seizure meds, and it was beyond wrong."

Betsy · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 12, 2019

For Hiatal Hernia: "Dr. prescribed omeprazole 5 yrs. ago and I have tried 4 times to slowly taper off. Last time after 6 weeks got extremely ill felt like a heart attack. Had to go back on the omeprazole and the Dr. said I may never get off them. Talked to my pharmacist he said " Good luck I have been trying for 12 years to get off them" please don't even start them!"

Lola · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For GERD: "When I took the first ever Omeprazole tablet about a month ago, I was feeling a little sick, that went away an hour later, but I started to feel vertigo in the afternoon that day and my vision was so blurred I felt like I was drunk however I took my next tablet in the evening and then the next one in the morning next day and that was it. I was feeling very dizzy and my vision was significantly affected (I literally felt as if I was drunk) for the next nearly 2 weeks - it took 2 weeks for those side effects to go away after stopping taking omeprazole. It didn't give me any relief in terms of acid reflux."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2019

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "Tried this stuff (omeprazole) for about a month, since doctor put me on it for acid damage in my stomach. First day I was minorly nauseous with it slowing building up more each day. For the past to weeks I have been waking up and vomiting for several hours even if my stomach is empty. Yesterday I was completely incapacitated due to the vomiting. Looked up side effect and saw nausea and vomiting so decided to not take it today and I feel 100% better. Will not be taking this again."

Butterflyliz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 23, 2019

For Gastritis/Duodenitis: "I had an endoscopy done and was told I have gastritis and hiatal hernia. I was given Omeprazole. 20mg twice daily I felt better it worked I was feeling like myself again. But it's been over 9 months and I feel that long term use is causing some bad side effects - headaches, dizziness, constipation and flatulance. I thought the gastritis was getting worse or my hernia. But then I stopped taking the Omeprazole 20 mg. It's been 2 days. And I feel like my self Again I'm thinking taking this medicine for a long time will start causing you to feel sick"

Honey77 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2019

For GERD: "I took omeprazole for 5 day continuously, because I have acid reflux and a lot of burping all day also migraines for 3 days. This medicine works, I feel a lot better I didn’t know about this medicine until a friend told me about it, I took different antacid and didn’t work, the only thing bad it’s , this medicine give me constipation ,but not bad ."

Sasha · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2019

For GERD: "Dr recommended omeprazole for GERD symptoms . I felt fine this morning (other than GERD) and so took my first ever omeprazole pill and got a severe headache and dizziness. Can't wait for this to be out of my system!!I I have no idea if this works but I won't be using it again."

Nessie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 16, 2019

For GERD: "I started taking omeprazole for my GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) about a year ago and it has made all my symptoms go away. It started working the next day and I have been fine ever since! This drug is amazing and has given me my life back!"

SCR February 27, 2019

For GERD: "This medication at 20mg was enough to relieve the symptoms of GERD but for months I started to suffer with symptoms I've never really experienced - anxiety, major lack of concentration, brain fog, aching on days where I had done no physical training. I have come off the medication for 2 weeks and already started feeling better and the side effects have disappeared, I have changed my diet to combat the GERD effects, although this hasn't completely solved it, I also take a good multivitamin now. The medication was not worth the side effects."

Teta · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 3, 2019

For Barrett's Esophagus: "Have been on omeprazole for 10 years. Take one 20 mg. Each a.m. prior to Breakfast . No acid reflux, or gas, Or unpleasant side effects. Also Very affordable. Have endoscopy Every 2-3 years. Seem to have my Condition under control. Works for me."

J · Taken for less than 1 month November 18, 2018

For GERD: "Have been taking the prescription of this drug for a week now after having been on rabeprazole 20mg for 4wks with no relief. and for the most part the omeprazole has taken away that stuck in your throat feeling. The downside is that the nausea feeling is terrible and I get stomach pain something that I didn’t have with the previous PPI. Anyone else having bad nausea?"

Nic · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 8, 2018

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "This was a game changer - nothing else even remotely helped with my terrible pregnancy heartburn except Prilosec. It helped reduce the symptoms by about 80-90%."

yizuman · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2018

For GERD: "I had developed GERD a few months ago and also had my gallbladder removed. Since I started Omeprazole, within 2 weeks, I started having anxiety and headaches. However, it does control the acid reflux, but it's the side effects I do not care for. When I started weaning myself from it, my anxiety and headaches started disappearing. I will be consulting with my doctor about alternatives that will not give me the same symptoms."

Enid L. October 16, 2018

For Laryngopharyngeal Reflux: "This medicine is worse than the acid reflux itself. I had no symptoms of GERD other than a bad cough (which I believe was asthma anyway). I was prescribed 40MG daily for one month. The first 2 weeks were fine. however, I began to develop severe anxiety and insomnia. Worst of all, I began to feel a knot in my throat which wouldn't allow me to eat --anything for DAYS and WEEKS! I lost nearly 15+ pounds during the time I took this medicine. I then got a panic attack on a plane (I fly A LOT and this has never ever happened). When I get to the urgent care later that day, my blood pressure was through the roof. This was my last straw. I stopped taking it after that. The anxiety that I developed while taking omeprazole has slowly been going away. I recommend everyone to google omeprazole and anxiety and you will read about THOUSANDS of people complaining about similar experiences. Please don't take this and if you can, try a holistic approach."

Supreme_Court_Judge · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 2, 2018

For GERD: "This med has saved my life, I was in terrible shape before the meds. I highly recommend it. No issues with side effects."

Pete · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 17, 2018

For GERD: "Major side effects, such as uncontrollable bowels and bleeding. Switched back to pantoprazole which resulted in an immediate halt of these."

Elliebeth · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 28, 2018

Prilosec (omeprazole) for GERD: "I took this to help control acid reflux and it seemed to help that but it gave me IBS-D (irritable bowel syndrome , diarrhea) that took me years to control, where I couldn't work or leave the house. Still to this day I deal with it - 6 years later but improved. I never made the connection until I went back on Prilosec a few months ago and it flared up like crazy again. I never had problems like this before Prilosec."

Shaggy · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

For Hiatal Hernia: "I was having terrible indigestion due to hiatal hernia, was prescribed this medication and got terrible side effects. I am having trouble paying attention and I often times forget what I’m saying in the middle of talking. I stoped taking it and I’m hoping these cognitive problems clear up cause it’s really troubling."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)