User Reviews for Omeprazole to treat Erosive Esophagitis

Also known as: Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Omesec

Omeprazole has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis. 89% of those users who reviewed Omeprazole reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Omeprazole Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Erosive Esophagitis.

Ardesal · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 29, 2020

“Sorry to read how this drug omeprazole has cause many people on here problems. My nickname for this is my wonder drug. Had reflux problems most of my adult life. Got to the stage food was getting stuck in my esophagus. It was a miserable time ending up with me being hospitalised. Got diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis and a hiatus hernia . Scarring on my esophagus from the acid reflux caused narrowing. Was put on this omeprazole. A week in to it was eating normally. Had a procedure to fix the narrowing. Was told I'd have to be on this drug 20mg daily for life. Long term it may give side effects that I've yet to experience but what ever they are I'm still grateful I can now eat and drink what I enjoy again. Good luck to all.”

Southerngirl2 · Taken for 10 years or more November 24, 2016

“I had food stuck in my esophagus and it was very painful. The gastroenterologist did the procedure to stretch the opening and that has to be done again every 2 - 8 years. Then she placed me on one 40 mg of omeprazole capsule every morning. It works like a charm. Then I will suddenly lose the ability to swallow smoothly again. I will go have the procedure again. Then the omeprazole will work again very well until I do something stupid with my diet. I mess myself up with my diet or try to eat too fast. As long as I am careful about the method of which I chew my food and swallow it safely and not in such a dumb rush, I do okay. And the omeprazole works plus doesn't cause any side effects. Mornings B4 U eat is best but don't miss a dose.”

Rattlebox84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2016

“With having discomfort for years after i had been to the doctors and they weren't quite sure what was wrong with me and diagnosed me with ibs. After years of not getting better they decided to do a endoscopy and it showed I had esophagitis. They started me of on 20mg for 2 weeks then increased to 40mg I must say I had no side effects and not one bellyache or chest pain or heartburn since I am overall happy with this drug.”

hannahleila July 9, 2014

Prilosec (omeprazole): “I have taken Prilosec or omeprazole for years and in increasing doses over time it has given me perfect control over my reflux and heart burn problem. Nexium made me so sick after 5 days of use that I could not get out of bed. Nothing else has ever worked so extremely well than this medicine.”

tooeret April 26, 2008

“My Doctor diagnoised me as having Acid Reflux over 2 years ago. He put me on Omeprazole. I take 2-20mg capsules per day and I have'nt had a problem with Hartburn ar Acid Reflux since!!! It is GREAT medicine!”

Anonymous April 21, 2011

Prilosec (omeprazole): “Got control of the condition with Prevacid 30mg for a few months (felt sick most of the time on it) and then switched to Prilosec OTC after a mild relapse. I loved this medication and it worked like a charm for quite a few years. (3-4) Then gradually it became less effective and I had to go from 10 mg to 20 mg. Overall I am pleased with the product.”

calvanator September 26, 2015

“I was getting food stuck n my throat ended up n the hospital they put a balloon down n my chest stretched it open a little & put me on 40 omeprazole it really helps with no side affects that I can tell but if I go over 4 or 5 days without taking it I'll get choked on food but I read u should only take this med for 14 days @ a time. I have taken 1 for 2 years every morning if I miss for a few days I start getting choked on food again should I keep on taking it? I guess either that or choke to death”

Anonymous November 5, 2011

“I found this medicine very helpful. Took away the discomfort I had in my stomach and chest area. The only negative I had was a dry mouth and a few mild headaches.”

Vii March 5, 2009

“Slight nausea, I already have an over-sensitive stomach. But the benefits out weigh the discomfort.”