User Reviews for Omeprazole to treat Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Also known as: Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Omesec

Reviews for Omeprazole

Han · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

“I just started Omeprazole about a week ago. I got prescribed it for my acid reflex. I’ve had the worst stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, & depression. I’d honestly rather have acid reflex than what I am going through currently. I truly, don’t recommend this. But, then again every body is different & I'm sure it works good for some.”

STACY · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

“Starting taking this just over 3 weeks ago per doctors request. Was diagnosed with silent reflux (had dry cough, lump in throat, tightness in chest) Within the 1st week of taking this my chest and lump in throat went away. By 2nd week, no more cough. But I began burping quite often and I NEVER burp- so this was strange for me. So, week 4 I am weaning myself off this med. I have been making dietary changes along with the meds so hoping those dietary changes and natural supplements that I have begun taking will take over for the fact that I am stopping this med.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

“ Omeprazole is highly effective in helping with reflux issues. No more agonising sore throats and congestion in sinuses. However, I do feel it has raised my anxiety considerably and brain fog is noticeable. I have also suffered from muscle twitching/jolts. All these symptoms started a couple of months after I started the omeprazole.”

Enid L. October 16, 2018

“This medicine is worse than the acid reflux itself. I had no symptoms of GERD other than a bad cough (which I believe was asthma anyway). I was prescribed 40MG daily for one month. The first 2 weeks were fine. however, I began to develop severe anxiety and insomnia. Worst of all, I began to feel a knot in my throat which wouldn't allow me to eat --anything for DAYS and WEEKS! I lost nearly 15+ pounds during the time I took this medicine. I then got a panic attack on a plane (I fly A LOT and this has never ever happened). When I get to the urgent care later that day, my blood pressure was through the roof. This was my last straw. I stopped taking it after that. The anxiety that I developed while taking omeprazole has slowly been going away. I recommend everyone to google omeprazole and anxiety and you will read about THOUSANDS of people complaining about similar experiences. Please don't take this and if you can, try a holistic approach.”