User Reviews for Omeprazole to treat Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Also known as: Prilosec, Prilosec OTC, Omesec

Omeprazole has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux. 25% of those users who reviewed Omeprazole reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Omeprazole Rating Summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Laryngopharyngeal Reflux.

Lulu · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2021

“I was given Pantoprazole first but it was not effective so they switched me to Omeprazole and I am doing much better”

Dan · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2020

“Prescribed Omeprazole, 40mg once per day for Silent Reflux. After a few days being on it, I started experiencing rib pain...thought I might have strained them. Starting having strange spasms lower right ribs with sharp pains at night. After 3 weeks of being on it, I read about the side effects and rib cage pain is one of them. I went off of it and by the next day, the pains were gone. Switch to 150mg Ranitidine (had 2 containers from Costco). Taking them even though they were recalled. Not too worried about it. Omeprazole did help a bit for the reflux. Not worth the pain/side effects”

LarryNYC · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 13, 2020

“Been on this medication (20mg/day) for years. No issues, no side effects. Definitely helps, when I go off it, I have heartburn. When I take it continuously, no heartburn.”

Enid L. October 16, 2018

“This medicine is worse than the acid reflux itself. I had no symptoms of GERD other than a bad cough (which I believe was asthma anyway). I was prescribed 40MG daily for one month. The first 2 weeks were fine. however, I began to develop severe anxiety and insomnia. Worst of all, I began to feel a knot in my throat which wouldn't allow me to eat --anything for DAYS and WEEKS! I lost nearly 15+ pounds during the time I took this medicine. I then got a panic attack on a plane (I fly A LOT and this has never ever happened). When I get to the urgent care later that day, my blood pressure was through the roof. This was my last straw. I stopped taking it after that. The anxiety that I developed while taking omeprazole has slowly been going away. I recommend everyone to google omeprazole and anxiety and you will read about THOUSANDS of people complaining about similar experiences. Please don't take this and if you can, try a holistic approach.”

Han · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2020

“I just started Omeprazole about a week ago. I got prescribed it for my acid reflex. I’ve had the worst stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, & depression. I’d honestly rather have acid reflex than what I am going through currently. I truly, don’t recommend this. But, then again every body is different & I'm sure it works good for some.”

Kai · Taken for less than 1 month July 31, 2020

“I had issues with Laryngopharyngeal Reflux LPR about 4 yrs ago. Took Prilosec OTC and was fine....well I have it again and like usual bought Prilosec and I also have Anxiety/Panic disorder. This medicine is horrible! Ive had dizziness, brain fog, palpitations, panic attack. I literally just came home from the ER because I thought i was having a stroke! After reading these reviews I'm convinced it is Prilosec doing this. I had 4 more to go and I threw all of them in the trash. I'll take gaviscon until my appointment with the GI doctor. I'll never use that meds again. The dizziness is unbearable!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 24, 2019

“ Omeprazole is highly effective in helping with reflux issues. No more agonising sore throats and congestion in sinuses. However, I do feel it has raised my anxiety considerably and brain fog is noticeable. I have also suffered from muscle twitching/jolts. All these symptoms started a couple of months after I started the omeprazole.”

STACY · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

“Starting taking this just over 3 weeks ago per doctors request. Was diagnosed with silent reflux (had dry cough, lump in throat, tightness in chest) Within the 1st week of taking this my chest and lump in throat went away. By 2nd week, no more cough. But I began burping quite often and I NEVER burp- so this was strange for me. So, week 4 I am weaning myself off this med. I have been making dietary changes along with the meds so hoping those dietary changes and natural supplements that I have begun taking will take over for the fact that I am stopping this med.”