User Reviews for Albuterol systemic

Also known as: AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil HFA, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance

Bronchiectasis
3.8

Summary of Albuterol reviews 4.8 172 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Can't inhale hard enough to get the powder past my tongue, totally worthless. The aerosol inhaler works as it is supposed to but not this respiclick piece of junk."

J j l (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I understand some medicines do not work as well on certain individuals, that's not the case with these new inhalers they they don't work for anyone who really needs one. These powder inhalers ineffectiveness is upsetting to say the least. Any trial studies should have clearly shown this. The Incompetence behind this product is staggering, if not criminal, I've recently had to resort to using some older out of date inhalers so I could breath, I've disregarded the powder inhaler, I wasted my money on."

Seth (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Its awful. You can't even tell if it's working. I don't think I can even breathe deeply enough to get the powder to come out. Even if it is coming out it's doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid $60 dollars for a useless piece of plastic."

Em (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "I was diagnosed with bronchitis after one nurse said oh you just have a head cold. This went on for a week and I got worse and finally went to urgent care and the PA told me you have a bad case of bronchitis. He put me on a Zpack, prednisone, the proair inhaler and a non-narcotic cough medicine. I have finished the Zpack and prednisone but still take the cough syrup at night and use the inhaler during coughing attacks which are less frequent. I was so bad the first 3 days of Bronchitis I coughed constantly and took Robitussin around the clock every 6 hours and it did not help. I could not sleep as my coughing woke me up constantly thru the night . I work in cubicles, 4 per cubicle. One lady coughed constantly for a week and a half. 2 weeks later I was sick. The following week our 3rd cubicle mate was out for a week. We found out 2 people had pneumonia. I live in Utah where we have an inversion every winter (pollution hanging over the valley making people sick)."

MamaCoughs January 31, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have been forced to use this horrible inhaler by my Insurance Company. They stopped offering anything except this useless inhaler. I WAS using Ventolin which worked great for me, but then got dropped. ProAir clogs constantly and delivers spotty doses if any. HATE this product - they must be giving the insurance companies a lot of kick-backs because it seems like most only offer this. I want my Ventolin back! I have a son-in-law who is from the Philippines. He had to make a trip back there a couple of months ago, so while he was there he picked up 20 Ventolin inhalers for me (which is sold over the counter there with no script required) for $10 each! We are getting so ripped off by the American pharma industry! Something needs to change!"

LaserLady (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2019

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Does not work have had this for months. I take it when I suffer from breathing on my bad days, 2-3 times those days but notice no effect. In the docs office they have given me rescue inhalers that work for me but this is what my insurance covers, I plan on trying to change when I go back."

Jacqueline (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I cannot suck hard enough to get the powder out when I'm in need of "rescue". I probably go through about 5 "doses" before I feel like I got a dose and after all that the medicine doesn't help anyway. I got better results with the mist."

Sunshine (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

Ventolin (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Have been on Pro Air and my insurance company did not want to provide it to me anymore. The provided Ventolin and from the first time I use it I could tell it was not the same. Does Not Work. When you need a rescue inhaler you want to get relief in minutes not twenty minutes later. Most time I had to use four to five puffs and still no relief. They say it is the same medication but one works and the other does not. Pro Air # 1."

Slim January 8, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It is VERY difficult to tell whether you have gotten ANY of the medicine into your lungs. This design is awful, and it is difficult to use. Breathing the air in the room will give you the same result....NOTHING. I do not recommend this product."

MrsHubbyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This NOT a rescue inhaler, in spite of it's marketing. As many have stated on here in the past, when you are having an asthma attack, you can't breath in deeply or quickly enough to get an adequate dose and in between each dose you have to close the cap, shake and reopen it. I guess this company will need to be sued when someone dies from an asthma attack to make the FDA pull it off the market. Totally useless."

Buck (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I've been a nurse with a private asthma and allergy practice for nearly 4 years, now. I have also used the ProAir RespiClick device for my reactive airway symptoms to determine why my patients are complaining that they aren't experiencing any symptom relief with it. I have no idea how the ProAir RespiClick even made it through trials to be approved for patient use. This device is only activated if the patient is able to inhale forcefully and deeply enough to cause the powder to be released and inhaled. In the event of an asthmatic episode, the patient is already struggling to breathe deeply/forcefully, hence their urgent need for relief. If someone can't breathe, it makes no sense that their lifesaving medication won't work unless their lung function isn't compromised. That would be like asking someone who is choking on food to swallow a pill to dislodge the food and save their life. No common sense here, manufacturers."

Asthma Allergy Nurse (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "3rd time getting this inhaler and it’s the 3rd time ProAir stopped administering the medicine early. This last time is the worst. Less than a week with 175 counters and it’s empty. Anyone have this???"

JSea (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This pump is a joke I just sprung $52 out of pocket on this and was so disappointed! DON'T BUY THIS"

Anna November 10, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "More powder on tongue than in my lungs. Counter broke at some point so was never sure if there was still medicine or not. Definitely not possible to get deep enough inhalation needed to get meds into lungs when having asthma attacks. (Used advair until I couldn't afford it and it came out of the disk easier.) Only chose this because of coupon offer since atomizer was too costly. Did like that the “freezer burn” feeling from the atomizer didn’t occur since I use the rescue inhaler at least 6x daily. I"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I’m so afraid of having an asthma attack with this inhaler because I don’t feel any benefit and that’s probably because nothing is coming out. This is crazy!"

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I have asthma that is triggered by allergies, stress, illness, and changes in temperature. Albuterol has worked well for years and has saved my life. I get an elevated heartrate and shaky hands for only a few minutes, but my lungs are instantly free and clear for hours after 2 pumps. I will never leave home without it."

Tulip211 (taken for 10 years or more) October 4, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I love my proair, but I do have many issues with faulty inhalers. I am constantly having to clean mine out because it will just not press down anymore and get clogged up quite easily. Does anyone else have this problem?"

Cami (taken for 10 years or more) September 26, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have to say that this inhaler is nothing but a joke, perpetrated by the manufacturer. First, the medicine is never effective! Second, the delivery system constantly clogs and you have to soak it and wait for it too dry. Last, the counter does not work right. More than half the time it just does not work because something is wrong with the delivery system and will not be replaced by the manufacturer! That they make you go without is a crime against every user! This product should be outlawed! This is a very poor inhaler! I do not recommend anyone to use this product. If your Doctor prescribes it ask for a different one! If I could have given a rating of minus 10 I would have!"

Really (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Due to weather and humidity along with smoke in the air ended up with breathing problems. Used a Prepair Inhaler DID NOT WORK. My wife found a Provental Inhaler in her purse (carries for me in case if Asthma problem) INSTANT RELIEF with the Provental Inhaler. I think 2nd class item Pro Air needs to be taken off the market!!"

Hawkeye August 24, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Unfortunately I have to decline. I don’t like Proventil at all!!!! I used just about every HFA inhaler that you can think of. ProAir, Quar, Ventolin & Proventil . And I must say out of all of those that I listed, I like Ventolin the most! It actually does the JOB! ProAir is too soft & in my opinion, doesn’t really do the job. You basically have to take more than 4 puffs for it to work. Quar is okay. Proventil makes my chest feel tight & I get crazy chest pains. When I breathe in & out it hurts & I feel like it didn’t really do it’s job. The whole purpose is to rescue me from an asthma attack. But in fact, it makes the breathing a lil more difficult and gives me crazy chest pain. I never experienced this with Ventolin. And FYI I have Allergy Asthma. I hope I’m saying it right "

Day Day August 15, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It really doesn't work. I do not feel the powder release. I'm confused as to whether or not to take another inhalation. If I don't the problem will still be there and if I do I might overdosed. I have an appointment with my Primary Doctor in 2 days and will ask her to prescribe the albuterol I was taking before."

Krystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I felt nothing after taking it. Always had to revert to nebulizer. Decided to open it up and found the powder in cluncky form. I had to smash it up back to powder. Afraid of using it when it's a life/death situation."

Zar (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am using the Proair Respiclik correctly but don't feel any of the powdered medicine coming out"

lh (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Crummy product. DOES NOT WORK"

Glory (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I bought a very good scale and measured the canister before and after dosages. The weights varied by 40%."

Poor dose delivery (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018