User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance

Bronchiectasis
3.1

Summary of Albuterol reviews 5.1 152 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It really doesn't work. I do not feel the powder release. I'm confused as to whether or not to take another inhalation. If I don't the problem will still be there and if I do I might overdosed. I have an appointment with my Primary Doctor in 2 days and will ask her to prescribe the albuterol I was taking before."

Krystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I felt nothing after taking it. Always had to revert to nebulizer. Decided to open it up and found the powder in cluncky form. I had to smash it up back to powder. Afraid of using it when it's a life/death situation."

Zar (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am using the Proair Respiclik correctly but don't feel any of the powdered medicine coming out"

lh (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Crummy product. DOES NOT WORK"

Glory (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I bought a very good scale and measured the canister before and after dosages. The weights varied by 40%."

Poor dose delivery (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am not able to suck hard enough to release the medicine. How is someone having asthma supposed to do a quick powerful inhalation?! After watching Respiclick tutorials and following instructions several times, it did not work. With the aerosol Albuterol, I feel instant relief in the tightness in my chest. The respiclick it gives me zero relief. I have called the manufacturer and will be reporting my experience to the FDA."

S (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Why is this still on the market? The inhaler as I already did complain about years ago, does NOT puff adequately at all into the lungs or even the throat, it barely puffs into the mouth! Not enough medicine gets to the back of the throat or lungs!!! This is a weak inhaler - take this off the market!!"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I find that it doesn't work either; I was having bronchospasms a few times this season, and the ProAir RespiClick does nothing. First I thought that it was because I had shortness of breath, but with the HFA inhaler, I was still able to get a fairly decent dose, even in the middle of an attack. Trying to see if I can switch back to old school inhaler"

SDM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Hi- I just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation regarding Ventolin. Ventolin does NOT help me at all when I have an asthma attack. I use Pro-Air and though it is not great it at least helps me to get a breath and breathe. Yes, I've been told numerous times they both contain Albuterol. All I can figure is the inert ingredients are not the same or possibly where they are manufactured, ventolin (UK), Proair (US). I surely wish Ventolin (salbutamol) helped me, it's the only inhaler my insurance covers/pays for and Proair costs me $70 a month to not go to hospital. Sometimes ginger tea helps me till I can get a refill. Hope this review helps someone."

Gigi May 29, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I love being awake for three days during allergy season because I can't breath. It's the best! Almost as great as the $60 I'll never see again for wasting on this placebo!"

Heideggar May 23, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy induced asthma, depending on how harsh the allergy season is I might have no symptoms or I might get really bad asthma. So in late April through May I will typically have my asthma symptoms and attacks. This year I was given this ProClick powder inhaler and it really does do nothing. The first few doses it did leave some residue on my tongue but now after using it for 3 days it's not making a difference and it doesn't even feel like it's dispensing any medicine! $45 copay and I'm sure my insurance picked up a pretty big chunk of the cost. Total waste! The company who makes this inhaler should be investigated for fraud, imo this is a defective product."

Kevin (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Like most I also find ProAir RespiClick has no use. It doesn't help me. I want my aerosol instead. I would like the money back on 3 of these . I was told it would be my old aerosol and when I go pick it up it's this ProAir Respiclick ."

sharron. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I absolutely hate this "new inhaler " it does not work !"

Shatterd70 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I had asthma as a kid. I kind of grew out of it. Recently, I have been getting very short of breath. Turns out I have a respiratory infection that brought my asthma symptoms back. I was given a prescription for a respiclick inhaler. I remember when I was a kid the feeling of the inhaler kicking in and being able to breathe again. That doesn't happen with this inhaler. I don't remember what medication my old inhalers had in them but they were a lot more effective"

Fuzzy (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Used to use albuteral for my reactive asthma, for when I occasionally smoke which I know I shouldn’t. Guess I’m going to have to stop because this stuff literally does nothing for me whatsoever even after like two times the dosage. This product is going to kill someone because of its lack of symptom relief. I’m happy/ disappointed to see so many other having the same issue"

Tommy May 4, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Nothing comes out even if you use it according to instructions. Dangerous--I reported it to the FDA. If you have the same problem, please do it too."

kfbris (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am sick of feeling horrible with this inhaler. I never get any relief. My pharmacy tells me this is the "preferred" drug of choice with my insurance plan. I pay $25.00 copay and am getting no relief for my asthma at all. I wanted to go back to my aerosol inhaler, however the insurance denied that request. We should not be made to purchase a drug that the insurance company feels is in our best interest. Listen to your patients-This needs to be recalled before someone dies from an asthma attack"

Lynnie (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I specifically asked my Dr. to switch me off of the Ventolin inhaler to the ProAir inhaler. The Ventolin inhaler seems like it does not give a big enough puff, whilst the ProAir inhaler gives me a smooth problem free puff without having to take a second one."

Brad is breathing fine. (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2018

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This is the only rescue inhale that works for me. I use a cortical steroid inhaler for maintenance and this is my rescue inhaler for those rare instances I need something. For some reason my insurance company has stopped covering this inhaler and they keep forcing a substitution with ProAir HFA which is worse than useless. Ventolin HFA needs to be doing a better job marketing their product to the insurance companies so their users are having to constantly scramble for coupons to pay for it."

WheezerInLeesburg (taken for 10 years or more) April 25, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I use an inhaled cortical inhaler daily for maintenance but for those occasional times I need a rescue inhaler, the ONLY ONE that works is Ventolin HFA - 1 puff and almost instant relief. I could suck up half the cannister of ProAir HFA and still not be able to breath. This stuff is awful and my insurance company forces it on me. Reading all of the terrible reviews of this product from actual users like myself, I can only conclude that ProAir HFA is giving substantial kick-backs to insurance companies to get them to force this rubbish product on subscribers."

WheezerInLeesburg (taken for 10 years or more) April 25, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "ProAir is the worst inhaler ever made. My job's rx plan used to cover Ventolin and Dulera. I used the Dulera once in the morning and once at night. Ventolin in emergency situations. The Dulera helped manage my asthma. When I did need to use the Ventolin inhaler, it delivered a strong blast that opened up my airways. As mentioned before, my job's rx plan stopped covering it. So I had to use my inhaler more often. Then they stopped covering the Ventolin. When I had to get the ProAir, I noticed the difference right away. The blast was very weak. Plus the container gets clogged 8/10 times. My son has asthma as well and he has autism. What is one of us or both have to use this cheap inhaler and nothing comes out? I'll you what would happen......we wouldn't be able to breath because the damn thing doesn't work. How can this device be clogged so much? Why is this inhaler even allowed to be sold? We all should band together and sue the makers of ProAir."

Leo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My insurance forced me to switch after having great results from Ventolin HFA for years. I had an attack yesterday and this did absolutely nothing. Luckily I had an older spare Ventolin inhaler in my car that helped me. I will never use this garbage again."

gsmanning1974 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I don't feel like any medicine is coming out!! If the medicine is coming out than it doesn't help at all!"

Brenda (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for : "This thing is total garbage. It was prescribed to me for a bronchial spasm and it doesn't help what so ever."

Lindsay (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The ProAir RespiClick is HORRIBLE! I had called my pharmacy to have this prescription refilled, and they mentioned my old prescription for HFA had expired, and that they would call my doctor to have it updated. At this point my doctor's office nor the pharmacy wants to admit they had changed me to this medication, and now I'm stuck with three of these that provide absolutely no relief to me whatsoever. I had to google videos on how to use this while I'm almost dying trying to figure this out. Once I guess I figured it out, it was terrible, they mention it's some powder, and I had to do 5 inhales, which is ridiculous, because if I can't breath, how can I inhale this? Who creates these things? I can't even get a refund now for these 3 unused units! The units are horrible to use, so much they made my anxiety worsen, which made me breath with even more difficulty."

DarkFire March 28, 2018