User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

COPD, Maintenance 13 reviews 46 medications

Bronchiectasis 9 reviews 150 medications

3.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 110 reviews 5.7

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This inhaler is terrible !!! It's too loud !!! Makes so much noise on inhalation and that clicking sound !!!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I must take numerous puffs in order to get any relief from ProAir."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "The worst inhaler I've ever used. I feel like absolutely nothing comes out of the inhaler, and it doesn't help me at all. I'll be asking my Dr. about another type, because this one is just terrible."

tomorrowsdream (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I previously used the old ProAir, the traditional design, and it worked great could jog twice as far without getting short of breath, mow grass, etc. I was at the doctor and asked about a refill & she told me about this amazing new design that you don't have to squeeze. The idea sounded great, but in reality it doesn't work. After I use it shortness of breath is slightly decreased, but the chest tightness/pain remains and starts to take on a different character, & it also makes me extremely nauseous. Yes, it is convenient, but people who need a rescue inhaler would rather it work & provide relief than to have 1 less button to press."

Edgi July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Worse rescue inhaler ever!!!!! I'm resorting to using my nebulizer in order to get relief. Who's bright idea was it to switch from a pump inhaler to a inhaled powder??? Half the time I don't have enough breath to inhale and I don't get a good dose, and let's not forget the fact that I have to make sure that my lips do not block the airflow window. Unfortunately I can't even switch to a different one because my insurance will not cover any other brand. Someone help me I can't breath and my back hurts so bad as a result."

Tamekic H (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Used proventil for 20+ yrs. Proair was substituted once many years ago and received NO relief. Cigna stopped covering provenil in 2017 and now my only option is proair. Have been unable to breathe for over a week and finally went to Dr for a shot. I STILL CANT BREATHE!!! "

ICANTBREATHECANYOU June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now."

Ben - Louisville, KY (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchiectasis: "I was given a proair respiclick the other day after being diagnosed with acute bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection. I've used proair inhalers in the past and they have always worked. I cannot suck in enough air to get the medicine out and it has not helped me at all."

proairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler."

Mother of Asthmatic Child (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks"

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Horrible and dangerous. Always clogs. I have had to suffer through many mild attacks because of this "rescue inhaler". Now, if the pharmacy gives me this, I just send it back and get the original brand"

Taynkal (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled."

Smoochie Maberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After taking this for the first time (prescribed by my doctor due to coughing and wheezing from the flu) I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt. I have always felt a little tight / heavy in the chest. I always got out of breath quicker than other people around me. When I took this - I felt like years of bricks were lifted off my chest. I had once thought that the heaviness in my chest was my heart - but now I know all along it was my lungs and that I probably had undiagnosed allergies I'd been living with and ignoring. What a relief ! It began working within 5 minutes."

My chest felt light as air (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Does not open lungs and does not assist when needed."

Mick lane (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Sleeplessness"

Chuckeybaby March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Not providing any relief at all."

Jenbungle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "I never received any relief.Not sure if it even works. I followed directions, just awful product."

Dan Allen March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Useless !!! I took it to my pulmonary doctor and told him nothing comes out. He said don't tip it that the powder will fall out. Well I kept paying for them trying to get some relief but never did. My copy being 40.00. I just kept thinking I was imagining there was nothing there. I decided to open one that showed zero doses left to see if the meds was gone. Guess what all the med was still in it. No residue from the power anywhere except inside the area they put it it. This was like the 4 th inhaler I paid a 40.00 copay for. I feel like a repayment should be in order. That's not including all the freaking anxiety attacks I had trying to get medication out of these defective devices. My other powder inhaler Anita works great. Different device"

Blueyeezzz March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Right now, I am waiting for my doctor to renew my prescription so I can get my medication. The inhaler I am currently using shows it has 122 puffs left, and its empty. This isn't the first time I've had one of these go dry before its used up. Now, without an inhaler, I have to hope that the doctor on Monday will send in the renewal. Fortunately, unless the pharmacy will provide a new inhaler to compensate for the defective one, I am out the money that was paid for it. Oh, it does work, when it has medication in it."

Richland Washington Davis. February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Agree with everyone else. I am glad I didn't pay for it and only had a free trial. It's really useless. Could tell no difference after using it. I got more relief from an empty regular pro air (with just some residue coming out!)"

JulieS1970 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm not a complainer but this medicine is the worst. I normally use the regular Proair inhaler and it works great but I just got back home from picking up a refill and relied it was this Proair Respiclick. I can't imagine it working for anyone as a rescue inhaler. Did they really test it on real asthma patients? We can't breathe well enough to breathe in this medication. I pray,to God they don't try to phase out the inhaler with this joke of a medication!"

Shelly Welly (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bronchiectasis: "Taking for bronchitis. Using ProAir HFR inhaler. Used 2 puffs x every 5 hours seemed to be helping very nicely till I tried to go to bed. I did get a steroid shot this morning so that is working against me also but I am absolutely not sleepy and it is now 1am. I usually am in bed by 930/10pm religiously. I am now coughing again and needing another dosing. I took my 5 cc of codeine cough syrup at 9pm thinking that would help be drop off to sleep but noooo. I am going to take 1 puff of the inhaler and one 5mg Ambien. I was sent home from work to REST and I can't. I have to start the Medrol dose pack tomorrow and that has always affected my sleeping without throwing anything else in on top of the mixture."

nurse nadine (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout."

mathgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016