User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance

7.2

3 reviews
Summary of Albuterol reviews 5.4 134 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My insurance forced me to switch after having great results from Ventolin HFA for years. I had an attack yesterday and this did absolutely nothing. Luckily I had an older spare Ventolin inhaler in my car that helped me. I will never use this garbage again."

gsmanning1974 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I don't feel like any medicine is coming out!! If the medicine is coming out than it doesn't help at all!"

Brenda (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for : "This thing is total garbage. It was prescribed to me for a bronchial spasm and it doesn't help what so ever."

Lindsay (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The ProAir RespiClick is HORRIBLE! I had called my pharmacy to have this prescription refilled, and they mentioned my old prescription for HFA had expired, and that they would call my doctor to have it updated. At this point my doctor's office nor the pharmacy wants to admit they had changed me to this medication, and now I'm stuck with three of these that provide absolutely no relief to me whatsoever. I had to google videos on how to use this while I'm almost dying trying to figure this out. Once I guess I figured it out, it was terrible, they mention it's some powder, and I had to do 5 inhales, which is ridiculous, because if I can't breath, how can I inhale this? Who creates these things? I can't even get a refund now for these 3 unused units! The units are horrible to use, so much they made my anxiety worsen, which made me breath with even more difficulty."

DarkFire March 28, 2018

For Bronchiectasis: "Respiclick is horrible, not effective, I am already under stress and panic from shortness of breath. Pro air HFA has worked well for me for many years and is superior product. Very disappointed to have been switched"

Anonymous March 28, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance: "I can not get my breath after taking albuterol"

dick March 26, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been using ProAir HFA on and off throughout the course of maintenance for asthma. I fine it works well and it does get clogged from time to time, if that happens all you have to do is take the aerosol bottle out, locate where the small opening is at which the spray comes out of on the red container then run it under warm water, dry it some where in the sun and put the aerosol bottle back in and it's ready to use again - it does have to been dry before you use it. I keep an old clean one ready to go if my current one blocks"

mig (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "This product (as stated in all the other comments) is simply garbage. I had to google the product to figure out how it worked and it just doesn’t. All the “medicine” did was make my heart race. This product gave me no relief in any way."

Dylan (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have used Ventolin, ProAir and Proventil for most of my life. ProAir is the only one that absolutely helps me during attacks and helps prevent them fairly well before work. The rest I need to use MUCH more frequently. Every inhaler clogs. Even the maintenance inhalers. Like that one person said somewhere in these reviews “warm water” and “shake it” while it’s in the warm water works really well to unclog, then let air dry on a window sill or somewhere similar. Don't use it again til it is completely dry."

Angel (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Wow. I’m completely surprised by the reviews on this. I think it goes to show every human being is different. Ventolin does nearly nothing for me. I was looking around to see how others felt. Mind blown."

Angel (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

For Asthma, acute: "My pharmacy filled my prescription with the pro-air (red dispenser) in place of the Ventolin (albuterol - blue dispenser) about 6 months ago. I decided to give it a try and after several times of using, I couldn't feel any medication coming out of the dispenser at all. I would then have to take 2 to 3 puffs out of it, when normally I'd only need 1 puff of the Ventolin."

Asthma Patient January 24, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Was switched by new insurance company to RespiClick after using Ventolin FHA for years with good results. Got absolutely NO relief. Very frightening. Found Ventolin inhalers with a small amount of doses left and that got me through the night. Complained to the insurance company because this unauthorized substitution with a TOTALLY ineffective delivery system put my life in danger. "Rescue" inhaler. If you don't get rescued, you can die. RECALL this product NOW!"

777Rosie999 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This is complete trash. The only reason I used this is because they had a coupon. I feel nothing with this. Not even sure I am getting medication rather than sucking in normal air. If I could give this a negative rating I would This is a complete joke of a product and I hope they get rid of this respiclick. Just make a stronger delivery inhaler pro air. I really wish the generic albuterol in the white can was still available."

AsthmaGuy (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I had Lung infection/asthma/wheezing and this provides no relief at all. Nothing comes out. I even shook it and no powder came out. My wheezing is so loud I can't sleep."

Sun8678 December 20, 2017

Proventil (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "The worst medicine ever. I feel very bad when I take this medicine. I also get welts and bruise like sores on my back and arms after I inhale this medicine. It appears every time. I don’t feel better at all. This medicine makes me sicker."

Austin Scott December 7, 2017

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Ventolin is a good product actually it makes me feel relieved whenever asthma hits me, I take 2-3 puffs and after a short span of time, I can breathe easily already. But I would like a Ventolin that doesn't need to be refilled because it so pricey that sometimes I have to sacrifice some things in order to prevent my asthma from hitting me from time to time. I would really appreciate it if someones innovates this kind of product."

Sally Quindo (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Just started using this one particularly, but every brand of MDI has similar issues people are complaining of here. I saw lots of reviews about it clogging and being useless. Just thought I'd recommend what I've learned to others to fix this problem. If you put warm/hot water in a cup and let it soak for a few seconds.. (I'll even shake it around in the water to help clean it) then dry it on a window sill or somewhere warm. You'll find that it will unclog the dispenser and is good as new (as long as it is dry before you use it again). Happy breathing. Xoxo."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This Respiclick design is horrible! In fact a few inhalers have switched to a non aerosol type recently and people who cannot breath, or have acute asthma or COPD cannot breath IN fast or hard enough to make the powdered med enter the lungs! I switched back to aerosol type inhalers on most of my inhalers because of this. You need to have a certain amount of force in the lungs to take this, and during attacks you simply don't have that breath strength and a medical manufacturer ought to know that. It also leaks and clogs up constantly. It is the same issue I had with another powdered inhaler. This is I think why others also are getting no relief. This needs to be recalled and re done! It could cause deaths."

meecepeece November 15, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Every time my daughter & I use this about 40% through it starts malfunctioning and the medicine doesn't come out. Our insurance has forced use to get this & when we don't get the medicine we need, we get sick, but the insurance doesn't care. it is very frustrating."

tickmenot (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Doesn't work! This is a totally ineffective inhaler. I gave it one star because I can't give it a lower rating."

Rose R October 25, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "No relief."

Shandrea (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I thought we were doing it wrong! This thing feels like it does absolutely nothing. We open the click cap and I tell my son to breathe in deep (which is a lot to ask when he is coughing) and he feels nothing and it does nothing. I even tried it and can usually feel the albuterol in is nebulizer and other inhalers and feel absolutely nothing. Really what a piece of garbage, a 40 dollar co-payment and my insurance is paying like 200+ for it in addition. What a waste -- we should be reimbursed or given a replacement. Thanks for letting me know we weren't crazy!"

cuties_mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This inhaler is terrible !!! It's too loud !!! Makes so much noise on inhalation and that clicking sound !!!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I must take numerous puffs in order to get any relief from ProAir."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "The worst inhaler I've ever used. I feel like absolutely nothing comes out of the inhaler, and it doesn't help me at all. I'll be asking my Dr. about another type, because this one is just terrible."

tomorrowsdream (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017