User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance

Bronchiectasis
3.1

Summary of Albuterol reviews 5.0 159 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "More powder on tongue than in my lungs. Counter broke at some point so was never sure if there was still medicine or not. Definitely not possible to get deep enough inhalation needed to get meds into lungs when having asthma attacks. (Used advair until I couldn't afford it and it came out of the disk easier.) Only chose this because of coupon offer since atomizer was too costly. Did like that the “freezer burn” feeling from the atomizer didn’t occur since I use the rescue inhaler at least 6x daily. I"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I’m so afraid of having an asthma attack with this inhaler because I don’t feel any benefit and that’s probably because nothing is coming out. This is crazy!"

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

For Asthma, Maintenance: "I have asthma that is triggered by allergies, stress, illness, and changes in temperature. Albuterol has worked well for years and has saved my life. I get an elevated heartrate and shaky hands for only a few minutes, but my lungs are instantly free and clear for hours after 2 pumps. I will never leave home without it."

Tulip211 (taken for 10 years or more) October 4, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I love my proair, but I do have many issues with faulty inhalers. I am constantly having to clean mine out because it will just not press down anymore and get clogged up quite easily. Does anyone else have this problem?"

Cami (taken for 10 years or more) September 26, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "I have to say that this inhaler is nothing but a joke, perpetrated by the manufacturer. First, the medicine is never effective! Second, the delivery system constantly clogs and you have to soak it and wait for it too dry. Last, the counter does not work right. More than half the time it just does not work because something is wrong with the delivery system and will not be replaced by the manufacturer! That they make you go without is a crime against every user! This product should be outlawed! This is a very poor inhaler! I do not recommend anyone to use this product. If your Doctor prescribes it ask for a different one! If I could have given a rating of minus 10 I would have!"

Really (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Due to weather and humidity along with smoke in the air ended up with breathing problems. Used a Prepair Inhaler DID NOT WORK. My wife found a Provental Inhaler in her purse (carries for me in case if Asthma problem) INSTANT RELIEF with the Provental Inhaler. I think 2nd class item Pro Air needs to be taken off the market!!"

Hawkeye August 24, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Unfortunately I have to decline. I don’t like Proventil at all!!!! I used just about every HFA inhaler that you can think of. ProAir, Quar, Ventolin & Proventil . And I must say out of all of those that I listed, I like Ventolin the most! It actually does the JOB! ProAir is too soft & in my opinion, doesn’t really do the job. You basically have to take more than 4 puffs for it to work. Quar is okay. Proventil makes my chest feel tight & I get crazy chest pains. When I breathe in & out it hurts & I feel like it didn’t really do it’s job. The whole purpose is to rescue me from an asthma attack. But in fact, it makes the breathing a lil more difficult and gives me crazy chest pain. I never experienced this with Ventolin. And FYI I have Allergy Asthma. I hope I’m saying it right "

Day Day August 15, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It really doesn't work. I do not feel the powder release. I'm confused as to whether or not to take another inhalation. If I don't the problem will still be there and if I do I might overdosed. I have an appointment with my Primary Doctor in 2 days and will ask her to prescribe the albuterol I was taking before."

Krystal (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I felt nothing after taking it. Always had to revert to nebulizer. Decided to open it up and found the powder in cluncky form. I had to smash it up back to powder. Afraid of using it when it's a life/death situation."

Zar (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am using the Proair Respiclik correctly but don't feel any of the powdered medicine coming out"

lh (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Crummy product. DOES NOT WORK"

Glory (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I bought a very good scale and measured the canister before and after dosages. The weights varied by 40%."

Poor dose delivery (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am not able to suck hard enough to release the medicine. How is someone having asthma supposed to do a quick powerful inhalation?! After watching Respiclick tutorials and following instructions several times, it did not work. With the aerosol Albuterol, I feel instant relief in the tightness in my chest. The respiclick it gives me zero relief. I have called the manufacturer and will be reporting my experience to the FDA."

S (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Why is this still on the market? The inhaler as I already did complain about years ago, does NOT puff adequately at all into the lungs or even the throat, it barely puffs into the mouth! Not enough medicine gets to the back of the throat or lungs!!! This is a weak inhaler - take this off the market!!"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I find that it doesn't work either; I was having bronchospasms a few times this season, and the ProAir RespiClick does nothing. First I thought that it was because I had shortness of breath, but with the HFA inhaler, I was still able to get a fairly decent dose, even in the middle of an attack. Trying to see if I can switch back to old school inhaler"

SDM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 28, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Hi- I just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation regarding Ventolin. Ventolin does NOT help me at all when I have an asthma attack. I use Pro-Air and though it is not great it at least helps me to get a breath and breathe. Yes, I've been told numerous times they both contain Albuterol. All I can figure is the inert ingredients are not the same or possibly where they are manufactured, ventolin (UK), Proair (US). I surely wish Ventolin (salbutamol) helped me, it's the only inhaler my insurance covers/pays for and Proair costs me $70 a month to not go to hospital. Sometimes ginger tea helps me till I can get a refill. Hope this review helps someone."

Gigi May 29, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I love being awake for three days during allergy season because I can't breath. It's the best! Almost as great as the $60 I'll never see again for wasting on this placebo!"

Heideggar May 23, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have allergy induced asthma, depending on how harsh the allergy season is I might have no symptoms or I might get really bad asthma. So in late April through May I will typically have my asthma symptoms and attacks. This year I was given this ProClick powder inhaler and it really does do nothing. The first few doses it did leave some residue on my tongue but now after using it for 3 days it's not making a difference and it doesn't even feel like it's dispensing any medicine! $45 copay and I'm sure my insurance picked up a pretty big chunk of the cost. Total waste! The company who makes this inhaler should be investigated for fraud, imo this is a defective product."

Kevin (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Like most I also find ProAir RespiClick has no use. It doesn't help me. I want my aerosol instead. I would like the money back on 3 of these . I was told it would be my old aerosol and when I go pick it up it's this ProAir Respiclick ."

sharron. (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I absolutely hate this "new inhaler " it does not work !"

Shatterd70 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I had asthma as a kid. I kind of grew out of it. Recently, I have been getting very short of breath. Turns out I have a respiratory infection that brought my asthma symptoms back. I was given a prescription for a respiclick inhaler. I remember when I was a kid the feeling of the inhaler kicking in and being able to breathe again. That doesn't happen with this inhaler. I don't remember what medication my old inhalers had in them but they were a lot more effective"

Fuzzy (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Used to use albuteral for my reactive asthma, for when I occasionally smoke which I know I shouldn’t. Guess I’m going to have to stop because this stuff literally does nothing for me whatsoever even after like two times the dosage. This product is going to kill someone because of its lack of symptom relief. I’m happy/ disappointed to see so many other having the same issue"

Tommy May 4, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Nothing comes out even if you use it according to instructions. Dangerous--I reported it to the FDA. If you have the same problem, please do it too."

kfbris (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I am sick of feeling horrible with this inhaler. I never get any relief. My pharmacy tells me this is the "preferred" drug of choice with my insurance plan. I pay $25.00 copay and am getting no relief for my asthma at all. I wanted to go back to my aerosol inhaler, however the insurance denied that request. We should not be made to purchase a drug that the insurance company feels is in our best interest. Listen to your patients-This needs to be recalled before someone dies from an asthma attack"

Lynnie (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I specifically asked my Dr. to switch me off of the Ventolin inhaler to the ProAir inhaler. The Ventolin inhaler seems like it does not give a big enough puff, whilst the ProAir inhaler gives me a smooth problem free puff without having to take a second one."

Brad is breathing fine. (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2018