User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

COPD, Maintenance 10 reviews 44 medications

Bronchiectasis 5 reviews 148 medications

4.2
Summary of Albuterol reviews 70 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Does not work. Doesn't even look like it dispenses anything. no relief. I might as well throw away this pos."

DanaLi (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe."

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used three medications for my asthma but it seemed like they're not effective anymore. This medication was prescribed to me at the Urgent Clinic and I loved it. I can breath freely and I can walk or go upstairs without having to breath heavily and feeling tired. Was going to give 10 pts but the puffer clogs. I wish they could do something about it because it's kind of expensive. It really works for me and I don't suffer any side effect, thank God."

GreemLynch June 23, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Had no heart racing or itchiness side effects with this product, likely because it wasn't effective either! Had free coupon to try, will be going back for $50 proair...."

DrJen June 20, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have had asthma for 45 years. I started on this medication when I was very young. It's always worked very well for me. I have had physicians try to change it to something else but I always end up requesting they change me back to Ventolin. It just works."

Montry (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Inhaler clogs and does not deliver meds. Pharmacist says they work and gave them back to me."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Helps control allergy related inflammation of my throat and related airway. Ventolin pump seems to work better than others in delivering medication deep into throat area."

Clt resident May 17, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "It does absolutely nothing. I used the HFA and it was more effective. The new one it is just fancy, too expensive and it does not work."

Mona777 May 10, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "If I could give the Pro Air HFA inhaler a zero rating I would. They are very expensive and clog after just a few puffs so your money is down the drain. I have a whole drawer full of them still mostly full but clogged. I have tried rinsing the holder with hot water and letting them dry completely (even used a blow dryer) and they will work for a few more puffs then clog again. My insurance limits on which albuterol inhaler I am allowed to get and Express Scripts pushes the Pro Air HFA. I am sure it is because we have to keep ordering to replace clogged ones."

Mariahsmomma (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I had asthma as a kid. I recently got bronchitis and my asthma returned. This inhaler should be recalled. It does not work. It is dangerous. I just found my girlfriends pro air hfa inhaler and it worked perfectly. I have been suffocating for 3 days on this horrible dangerous poorly designed product."

Mthreetimes April 11, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Have your doctor give you a real inhaler. A doctor told me about how you get so much more medicine with this thing. Not sure if that is incorrect or if the medicine is just ineffective, but either way, its not good."

MP99 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "does not work and company doesn't stand behind the product"

adman 3 March 31, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Zero effectiveness. BEWARE!!! This inhaler will not rescue you from an asthma attack. This is dangerously ineffective."

Mo M March 8, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "I was given this to help with bronchiospasms due to illness. After two months of this not working, I got a refill. The second one worked. The first one did not. I called 1-888-482-9522. This is their complaint line. They requested to send me a fed ex package so I could return. I requested a refund for there is still 11 doses on the clicker. They don't give refunds."

Chris from Indiana March 1, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After about 20 puffs, it clogs up. Useless after that."

Babbuddy February 14, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It did not do anything for me! Awful product!"

Goat1082 February 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Horrible ! My husband has asthma and his doctor switched him to the RespiClick and he gets little to no relief. With 1 or 2 hits on his old inhaler his lungs would open up, the wheezing would stop. With the RespiClick, it often takes 4 or 5 hits just to open up a tiny bit, often leading to a breathing treatment to get real relief. Why they would consider this a "rescue" inhaler is beyond me. Avoid this inhaler even if you get the "free" coupon. Not worth it."

Queen Runkle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Received coupon for a free trial pharmacy will not accept the offer. Out of pocket expense too much..."

can't breathe (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been using ProAir HFA for many years now & I highly recommend it. It works when I need it & I don't have any bad side effects. Sometimes I get dry mouth after using it, but I can't complain since it does its job so well."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 10 years or more) February 2, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance."

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for : "I get chest colds and asthmatic symptoms in the beginning of the winter for my entire life. This inhaler works better for me than the older ones I'm glad I have it even if I only need it once or twice a year..this is by far the best inhaler I have ever used"

Anonymous December 12, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Too expensive. I use sparingly and often have to go without when I can't afford the high cost of the refill since my insurance doesn't cover it."

MichelleKennedy (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2015

For Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: "Albuterol tablet has serious side effects. I have been trembling, extremely tired, muscle weakness, unsettled and completely abnormal feeling for 24 hours. I had to take off work today due to Side Effects Not my initial ailment! Please be careful prescribing this Docs."

Jennify November 12, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I was given Pro-air Respiclick by my pharmacy instead of HFA shortly after it came out because they had a coupon that gave me a better price. During a bad bout of seasonal allergies I found that the Respiclick gave me little-to-no relief, even when used every 4 to 6 hours. I have used Pro-air HFA for years for similar symptoms. I'll definitely be switching back. (BTW, a family member with COPD also tried Respiclick and found it less effective than the HFA)."

Miramoo (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015