User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Asthma, Maintenance 14 reviews 116 medications

Bronchiectasis 7 reviews 150 medications

4.8
Summary of Albuterol reviews 89 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Albuterol

For Bronchiectasis: "Taking for bronchitis. Using ProAir HFR inhaler. Used 2 puffs x every 5 hours seemed to be helping very nicely till I tried to go to bed. I did get a steroid shot this morning so that is working against me also but I am absolutely not sleepy and it is now 1am. I usually am in bed by 930/10pm religiously. I am now coughing again and needing another dosing. I took my 5 cc of codeine cough syrup at 9pm thinking that would help be drop off to sleep but noooo. I am going to take 1 puff of the inhaler and one 5mg Ambien. I was sent home from work to REST and I can't. I have to start the Medrol dose pack tomorrow and that has always affected my sleeping without throwing anything else in on top of the mixture."

nurse nadine (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout."

mathgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Took regular for about 3 weeks. Started severe muscle cramps, bone pain, cough, sputum production, sleeplessness,, voice change,spinning sensation, blurred vision, respiratory infection. Stopped about 2 months. Still having severe muscle cramps and bone pain. How long will this last?Could it have lowered creatine kinase , potassium, or magnesium."

Ugly girl December 24, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "The respiclick simply does not work. I have used it repeatedly when my asthma has flared up and never experienced ANY relief. Not even sure anything comes out after the click even. I have been relying on my maintenance DULERA inhaler for rescue situations. Annoyed and will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about an alternative. Garbage product."

R.p. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Why does ProAir keep making bigger and BIGGER inhalers!?! Over the years they have gotten huge and hard to carry around. I often carry my inhaler in my pocket or in my purse (which is small), but I just picked up the new ProAir and it's way too big. I can't even put it in my pocket. Plus I find the fact that you can't take it apart and wash it really disgusting. Directions say to wipe it off, but this thing is going in my mouth...I prefer soap and water which you can't do with this inhaler. I'm going back to the old stuff."

Nicky787898098098 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "My son used this medicine and told me that it didn't work. He ended up I the ER the other night because it offered no relief. Don't buy. Use the regular proair."

Asthma Sufferer December 6, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????"

Blue green November 30, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have had the last 6 inhalers clogged. I still have medicine in them and they will not work. What is going on? It is undependable! Asthma is a condition that cannot wait!"

Unhappy customer November 1, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Did not work at all for me ! I was on for one week..."

Peg44 October 2, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

For Asthma, acute: "I escaped seasonal allergies for most of my life, but upon moving from an East Coast metropolis (no seasonal allergies ever) to the Central Valley in California, I've gone through Allegra, Zyrtec, Benedryl, and Claritin, and am currently on a daily dose of Xyzal and Fluticasone Propionate. However, occasionally my allergies are so severe (precipitated in California by the serious wildfires, here in Arizona during dust storms) that my lungs in effect, shut down and constrict. For those rare occasions, I use the Ventolin (used five times since March 2015) which helps my lungs relax and the "tight" feeling in my chest subsides. Downside: racing heartbeat occurs for about 5-10 minutes after dosage. Benefits far outweigh the risk/side-effects."

DesertTopaz (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It doesn't seem to me it does much."

LaLouSo September 24, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have been using ProAir for the past couple of months because my insurance company would not cover Ventolin. I have found that ProAir is not nearly effective and does not help my breathing nearly as quickly or as well as the Ventolin. I am very disappointed in the way it sprays! When I compare a spray of Ventolin to a spray of ProAir in the air side by side, you can see and hear the difference. The ProAir is weak and slowly dispursed whereas the Ventolin is a strong great spray with quick result."

Chidda September 15, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec."

human13 September 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Asthma and COPD for 50 years. This product is unusable. I work outside ALL weather. To big for a pocket, AND DON'T get wet. What good is a rescue inhaler if one can't take it with them where it may be needed. Now taking a round of prednisone. First time since 2012."

never smoked (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon."

Bad Medicine 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

Proventil (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Getting a lot of blisters on my top of my hands stop using this for a while and blisters disappear"

Laflin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 1, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Does not work. Doesn't even look like it dispenses anything. no relief. I might as well throw away this pos."

DanaLi (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe."

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used three medications for my asthma but it seemed like they're not effective anymore. This medication was prescribed to me at the Urgent Clinic and I loved it. I can breath freely and I can walk or go upstairs without having to breath heavily and feeling tired. Was going to give 10 pts but the puffer clogs. I wish they could do something about it because it's kind of expensive. It really works for me and I don't suffer any side effect, thank God."

GreemLynch June 23, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Had no heart racing or itchiness side effects with this product, likely because it wasn't effective either! Had free coupon to try, will be going back for $50 proair...."

DrJen June 20, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have had asthma for 45 years. I started on this medication when I was very young. It's always worked very well for me. I have had physicians try to change it to something else but I always end up requesting they change me back to Ventolin. It just works."

Montry (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: "Inhaler clogs and does not deliver meds. Pharmacist says they work and gave them back to me."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 1, 2016