User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

COPD, Maintenance 13 reviews 46 medications

Bronchiectasis 8 reviews 150 medications

4.2
Summary of Albuterol reviews 102 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Albuterol

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler."

Mother of Asthmatic Child (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks"

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Horrible and dangerous. Always clogs. I have had to suffer through many mild attacks because of this "rescue inhaler". Now, if the pharmacy gives me this, I just send it back and get the original brand"

Taynkal (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled."

Smoochie Maberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "After taking this for the first time (prescribed by my doctor due to coughing and wheezing from the flu) I can't even begin to tell you how amazing I felt. I have always felt a little tight / heavy in the chest. I always got out of breath quicker than other people around me. When I took this - I felt like years of bricks were lifted off my chest. I had once thought that the heaviness in my chest was my heart - but now I know all along it was my lungs and that I probably had undiagnosed allergies I'd been living with and ignoring. What a relief ! It began working within 5 minutes."

My chest felt light as air (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Does not open lungs and does not assist when needed."

Mick lane (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Sleeplessness"

Chuckeybaby March 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Not providing any relief at all."

Jenbungle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "I never received any relief.Not sure if it even works. I followed directions, just awful product."

Dan Allen March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Useless !!! I took it to my pulmonary doctor and told him nothing comes out. He said don't tip it that the powder will fall out. Well I kept paying for them trying to get some relief but never did. My copy being 40.00. I just kept thinking I was imagining there was nothing there. I decided to open one that showed zero doses left to see if the meds was gone. Guess what all the med was still in it. No residue from the power anywhere except inside the area they put it it. This was like the 4 th inhaler I paid a 40.00 copay for. I feel like a repayment should be in order. That's not including all the freaking anxiety attacks I had trying to get medication out of these defective devices. My other powder inhaler Anita works great. Different device"

Blueyeezzz March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Right now, I am waiting for my doctor to renew my prescription so I can get my medication. The inhaler I am currently using shows it has 122 puffs left, and its empty. This isn't the first time I've had one of these go dry before its used up. Now, without an inhaler, I have to hope that the doctor on Monday will send in the renewal. Fortunately, unless the pharmacy will provide a new inhaler to compensate for the defective one, I am out the money that was paid for it. Oh, it does work, when it has medication in it."

Richland Washington Davis. February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Agree with everyone else. I am glad I didn't pay for it and only had a free trial. It's really useless. Could tell no difference after using it. I got more relief from an empty regular pro air (with just some residue coming out!)"

JulieS1970 February 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm not a complainer but this medicine is the worst. I normally use the regular Proair inhaler and it works great but I just got back home from picking up a refill and relied it was this Proair Respiclick. I can't imagine it working for anyone as a rescue inhaler. Did they really test it on real asthma patients? We can't breathe well enough to breathe in this medication. I pray,to God they don't try to phase out the inhaler with this joke of a medication!"

Shelly Welly (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchiectasis: "Taking for bronchitis. Using ProAir HFR inhaler. Used 2 puffs x every 5 hours seemed to be helping very nicely till I tried to go to bed. I did get a steroid shot this morning so that is working against me also but I am absolutely not sleepy and it is now 1am. I usually am in bed by 930/10pm religiously. I am now coughing again and needing another dosing. I took my 5 cc of codeine cough syrup at 9pm thinking that would help be drop off to sleep but noooo. I am going to take 1 puff of the inhaler and one 5mg Ambien. I was sent home from work to REST and I can't. I have to start the Medrol dose pack tomorrow and that has always affected my sleeping without throwing anything else in on top of the mixture."

nurse nadine (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout."

mathgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Took regular for about 3 weeks. Started severe muscle cramps, bone pain, cough, sputum production, sleeplessness,, voice change,spinning sensation, blurred vision, respiratory infection. Stopped about 2 months. Still having severe muscle cramps and bone pain. How long will this last?Could it have lowered creatine kinase , potassium, or magnesium."

Ugly girl December 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "The respiclick simply does not work. I have used it repeatedly when my asthma has flared up and never experienced ANY relief. Not even sure anything comes out after the click even. I have been relying on my maintenance DULERA inhaler for rescue situations. Annoyed and will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about an alternative. Garbage product."

R.p. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "Why does ProAir keep making bigger and BIGGER inhalers!?! Over the years they have gotten huge and hard to carry around. I often carry my inhaler in my pocket or in my purse (which is small), but I just picked up the new ProAir and it's way too big. I can't even put it in my pocket. Plus I find the fact that you can't take it apart and wash it really disgusting. Directions say to wipe it off, but this thing is going in my mouth...I prefer soap and water which you can't do with this inhaler. I'm going back to the old stuff."

Nicky787898098098 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "My son used this medicine and told me that it didn't work. He ended up I the ER the other night because it offered no relief. Don't buy. Use the regular proair."

Asthma Sufferer December 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????"

Blue green November 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I have had the last 6 inhalers clogged. I still have medicine in them and they will not work. What is going on? It is undependable! Asthma is a condition that cannot wait!"

Unhappy customer November 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: "Did not work at all for me ! I was on for one week..."

Peg44 October 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: "I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016