User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, acute

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "The respiclick simply does not work. I have used it repeatedly when my asthma has flared up and never experienced ANY relief. Not even sure anything comes out after the click even. I have been relying on my maintenance DULERA inhaler for rescue situations. Annoyed and will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about an alternative. Garbage product."

R.p. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Why does ProAir keep making bigger and BIGGER inhalers!?! Over the years they have gotten huge and hard to carry around. I often carry my inhaler in my pocket or in my purse (which is small), but I just picked up the new ProAir and it's way too big. I can't even put it in my pocket. Plus I find the fact that you can't take it apart and wash it really disgusting. Directions say to wipe it off, but this thing is going in my mouth...I prefer soap and water which you can't do with this inhaler. I'm going back to the old stuff."

Nicky787898098098 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "My son used this medicine and told me that it didn't work. He ended up I the ER the other night because it offered no relief. Don't buy. Use the regular proair."

Asthma Sufferer December 6, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol): "I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????"

Blue green November 30, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I have had the last 6 inhalers clogged. I still have medicine in them and they will not work. What is going on? It is undependable! Asthma is a condition that cannot wait!"

Unhappy customer November 1, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol): "I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

"I escaped seasonal allergies for most of my life, but upon moving from an East Coast metropolis (no seasonal allergies ever) to the Central Valley in California, I've gone through Allegra, Zyrtec, Benedryl, and Claritin, and am currently on a daily dose of Xyzal and Fluticasone Propionate. However, occasionally my allergies are so severe (precipitated in California by the serious wildfires, here in Arizona during dust storms) that my lungs in effect, shut down and constrict. For those rare occasions, I use the Ventolin (used five times since March 2015) which helps my lungs relax and the "tight" feeling in my chest subsides. Downside: racing heartbeat occurs for about 5-10 minutes after dosage. Benefits far outweigh the risk/side-effects."

DesertTopaz (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It doesn't seem to me it does much."

LaLouSo September 24, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I have been using ProAir for the past couple of months because my insurance company would not cover Ventolin. I have found that ProAir is not nearly effective and does not help my breathing nearly as quickly or as well as the Ventolin. I am very disappointed in the way it sprays! When I compare a spray of Ventolin to a spray of ProAir in the air side by side, you can see and hear the difference. The ProAir is weak and slowly dispursed whereas the Ventolin is a strong great spray with quick result."

Chidda September 15, 2016

Ventolin (albuterol): "Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec."

human13 September 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon."

Bad Medicine 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe."

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Had no heart racing or itchiness side effects with this product, likely because it wasn't effective either! Had free coupon to try, will be going back for $50 proair...."

DrJen June 20, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): "I have had asthma for 45 years. I started on this medication when I was very young. It's always worked very well for me. I have had physicians try to change it to something else but I always end up requesting they change me back to Ventolin. It just works."

Montry (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "If I could give the Pro Air HFA inhaler a zero rating I would. They are very expensive and clog after just a few puffs so your money is down the drain. I have a whole drawer full of them still mostly full but clogged. I have tried rinsing the holder with hot water and letting them dry completely (even used a blow dryer) and they will work for a few more puffs then clog again. My insurance limits on which albuterol inhaler I am allowed to get and Express Scripts pushes the Pro Air HFA. I am sure it is because we have to keep ordering to replace clogged ones."

Mariahsmomma (taken for 10 years or more) April 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I had asthma as a kid. I recently got bronchitis and my asthma returned. This inhaler should be recalled. It does not work. It is dangerous. I just found my girlfriends pro air hfa inhaler and it worked perfectly. I have been suffocating for 3 days on this horrible dangerous poorly designed product."

Mthreetimes April 11, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Have your doctor give you a real inhaler. A doctor told me about how you get so much more medicine with this thing. Not sure if that is incorrect or if the medicine is just ineffective, but either way, its not good."

MP99 (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Zero effectiveness. BEWARE!!! This inhaler will not rescue you from an asthma attack. This is dangerously ineffective."

Mo M March 8, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It did not do anything for me! Awful product!"

Goat1082 February 12, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Horrible ! My husband has asthma and his doctor switched him to the RespiClick and he gets little to no relief. With 1 or 2 hits on his old inhaler his lungs would open up, the wheezing would stop. With the RespiClick, it often takes 4 or 5 hits just to open up a tiny bit, often leading to a breathing treatment to get real relief. Why they would consider this a "rescue" inhaler is beyond me. Avoid this inhaler even if you get the "free" coupon. Not worth it."

Queen Runkle (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I also switched to the respiclick. It was zero help. It did nothing to open my airways. I didn't work what so ever. The regular HFA works like a charm. I don't understand how so many people suffer from lung problems and the pharmaceutical companies make this medication so expensive. This medication should be on the $4 plan at Walmart and Target. I have to pay 50 every month which is expensive and that's with insurance."

Newyorkcity123 January 18, 2016

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I'm 53 and have had acute bronchial asthma my entire life. ProAir is by far the least effective and most problematic delivery system for albuterol I've experienced. While the inhalers are supposed to have 200 metered dosages, they fail through leakage and clogging. We realistically average 50-75 uses per inhaler. Air travel almost always destroys usability. Because of clogging and priming, actual dosage is inconsistent with this particular brand. It is a health hazard, a deeply flawed delivery system that endangers patients. DO NOT RELY upon a single inhaler if you use ProAir as even "full" and "brand new" units are prone to immediate failure."

DurbusTweeb2 November 9, 2015

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I was given Pro-air Respiclick by my pharmacy instead of HFA shortly after it came out because they had a coupon that gave me a better price. During a bad bout of seasonal allergies I found that the Respiclick gave me little-to-no relief, even when used every 4 to 6 hours. I have used Pro-air HFA for years for similar symptoms. I'll definitely be switching back. (BTW, a family member with COPD also tried Respiclick and found it less effective than the HFA)."

Miramoo (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015