User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Learn more about Albuterol.

Albuterol Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, acute

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I previously used the old ProAir, the traditional design, and it worked great could jog twice as far without getting short of breath, mow grass, etc. I was at the doctor and asked about a refill & she told me about this amazing new design that you don't have to squeeze. The idea sounded great, but in reality it doesn't work. After I use it shortness of breath is slightly decreased, but the chest tightness/pain remains and starts to take on a different character, & it also makes me extremely nauseous. Yes, it is convenient, but people who need a rescue inhaler would rather it work & provide relief than to have 1 less button to press."

Edgi July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Worse rescue inhaler ever!!!!! I'm resorting to using my nebulizer in order to get relief. Who's bright idea was it to switch from a pump inhaler to a inhaled powder??? Half the time I don't have enough breath to inhale and I don't get a good dose, and let's not forget the fact that I have to make sure that my lips do not block the airflow window. Unfortunately I can't even switch to a different one because my insurance will not cover any other brand. Someone help me I can't breath and my back hurts so bad as a result."

Tamekic H (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "Used proventil for 20+ yrs. Proair was substituted once many years ago and received NO relief. Cigna stopped covering provenil in 2017 and now my only option is proair. Have been unable to breathe for over a week and finally went to Dr for a shot. I STILL CANT BREATHE!!! "

ICANTBREATHECANYOU June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now."

Ben - Louisville, KY (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler."

Mother of Asthmatic Child (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks"

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled."

Smoochie Maberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): "Sleeplessness"

Chuckeybaby March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Useless !!! I took it to my pulmonary doctor and told him nothing comes out. He said don't tip it that the powder will fall out. Well I kept paying for them trying to get some relief but never did. My copy being 40.00. I just kept thinking I was imagining there was nothing there. I decided to open one that showed zero doses left to see if the meds was gone. Guess what all the med was still in it. No residue from the power anywhere except inside the area they put it it. This was like the 4 th inhaler I paid a 40.00 copay for. I feel like a repayment should be in order. That's not including all the freaking anxiety attacks I had trying to get medication out of these defective devices. My other powder inhaler Anita works great. Different device"

Blueyeezzz March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Agree with everyone else. I am glad I didn't pay for it and only had a free trial. It's really useless. Could tell no difference after using it. I got more relief from an empty regular pro air (with just some residue coming out!)"

JulieS1970 February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "The respiclick simply does not work. I have used it repeatedly when my asthma has flared up and never experienced ANY relief. Not even sure anything comes out after the click even. I have been relying on my maintenance DULERA inhaler for rescue situations. Annoyed and will be talking to my doctor tomorrow about an alternative. Garbage product."

R.p. (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Why does ProAir keep making bigger and BIGGER inhalers!?! Over the years they have gotten huge and hard to carry around. I often carry my inhaler in my pocket or in my purse (which is small), but I just picked up the new ProAir and it's way too big. I can't even put it in my pocket. Plus I find the fact that you can't take it apart and wash it really disgusting. Directions say to wipe it off, but this thing is going in my mouth...I prefer soap and water which you can't do with this inhaler. I'm going back to the old stuff."

Nicky787898098098 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "My son used this medicine and told me that it didn't work. He ended up I the ER the other night because it offered no relief. Don't buy. Use the regular proair."

Asthma Sufferer December 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin (albuterol): "I took 3 puff I woke up puking my brains out went to er I was wicked dehydrated had get 3 bags if fluids.has any one ulse experience this!!!!!?????"

Blue green November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I have had the last 6 inhalers clogged. I still have medicine in them and they will not work. What is going on? It is undependable! Asthma is a condition that cannot wait!"

Unhappy customer November 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin (albuterol): "I was admitted to hospital for an asthma attack. Had never taken any kind of breathing medication before, even though I'd had trouble with breathing (shortness of breath, tight chest, can't take deep breaths) for a while. I was given Ventolin. I didn't respond to the first few puffs through the inhaler and chamber spacer, so they gave me burst therapy, which involved taking 4-5 puffs every 20 minutes for 2 hours. After the first 40 minutes, I was shaking like crazy, couldn't sit still. This shaking persisted until I went to sleep that night. The ventolin inhaler they gave me DOESN'T help - only a very large dose of ventolin seems to ease the symptoms. Overall, good in high doses for severe asthma but comes with side effects."

diceable (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I escaped seasonal allergies for most of my life, but upon moving from an East Coast metropolis (no seasonal allergies ever) to the Central Valley in California, I've gone through Allegra, Zyrtec, Benedryl, and Claritin, and am currently on a daily dose of Xyzal and Fluticasone Propionate. However, occasionally my allergies are so severe (precipitated in California by the serious wildfires, here in Arizona during dust storms) that my lungs in effect, shut down and constrict. For those rare occasions, I use the Ventolin (used five times since March 2015) which helps my lungs relax and the "tight" feeling in my chest subsides. Downside: racing heartbeat occurs for about 5-10 minutes after dosage. Benefits far outweigh the risk/side-effects."

DesertTopaz (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It doesn't seem to me it does much."

LaLouSo September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I have been using ProAir for the past couple of months because my insurance company would not cover Ventolin. I have found that ProAir is not nearly effective and does not help my breathing nearly as quickly or as well as the Ventolin. I am very disappointed in the way it sprays! When I compare a spray of Ventolin to a spray of ProAir in the air side by side, you can see and hear the difference. The ProAir is weak and slowly dispursed whereas the Ventolin is a strong great spray with quick result."

Chidda September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ventolin (albuterol): "Ventolin works perfectly, effective after 10sec."

human13 September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "With the old inhalers you could test fire it to make sure it was working. Now, how do you tell? I’ve used rescue inhalers for many years. The key word here is rescue. When I have an attack lose the ability to breathe deeply. When I use the ProAir RespiClick I can sometimes taste it on my tongue, just like with my old inhaler but I don’t get relief. The instructions say you have to wait over 5 minutes to get relief, but the medicine never seems to kick in. My doctor recommended this especially since there was a coupon."

Bad Medicine 2016 (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I just read these reviews as I was no longer getting any relief from respiclick. I read someone's review stating they replaced their old respiclick with a new one and the new one worked. There is a design flaw for sure. I just opened a new one and it works now. I was about to set up a doctor appointment because I haven't been able to breath correctly for weeks. Seems like it can go bad at any moment. Not good. I will be switching as I don't have the money or the time to deal with a design flaw especially when it comes to my ability to breathe."

Oliviaestrada77 July 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Had no heart racing or itchiness side effects with this product, likely because it wasn't effective either! Had free coupon to try, will be going back for $50 proair...."

DrJen June 20, 2016