User Reviews for Albuterol

Also known as: AccuNeb, Airet, ProAir HFA, ProAir RespiClick, Proventil, Proventil HFA, Respirol, Ventolin, Ventolin HFA, Volmax, Vospire ER

Albuterol Rating Summary

4.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, acute.

Reviews for Albuterol to treat Asthma, acute

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I have used Ventolin, ProAir and Proventil for most of my life. ProAir is the only one that absolutely helps me during attacks and helps prevent them fairly well before work. The rest I need to use MUCH more frequently. Every inhaler clogs. Even the maintenance inhalers. Like that one person said somewhere in these reviews “warm water” and “shake it” while it’s in the warm water works really well to unclog, then let air dry on a window sill or somewhere similar. Don't use it again til it is completely dry."

Angel (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol): "Wow. I’m completely surprised by the reviews on this. I think it goes to show every human being is different. Ventolin does nearly nothing for me. I was looking around to see how others felt. Mind blown."

Angel (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2018

"My pharmacy filled my prescription with the pro-air (red dispenser) in place of the Ventolin (albuterol - blue dispenser) about 6 months ago. I decided to give it a try and after several times of using, I couldn't feel any medication coming out of the dispenser at all. I would then have to take 2 to 3 puffs out of it, when normally I'd only need 1 puff of the Ventolin."

Asthma Patient January 24, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I had Lung infection/asthma/wheezing and this provides no relief at all. Nothing comes out. I even shook it and no powder came out. My wheezing is so loud I can't sleep."

Sun8678 December 20, 2017

Proventil (albuterol): "The worst medicine ever. I feel very bad when I take this medicine. I also get welts and bruise like sores on my back and arms after I inhale this medicine. It appears every time. I don’t feel better at all. This medicine makes me sicker."

Austin Scott December 7, 2017

Ventolin (albuterol): "Ventolin is a good product actually it makes me feel relieved whenever asthma hits me, I take 2-3 puffs and after a short span of time, I can breathe easily already. But I would like a Ventolin that doesn't need to be refilled because it so pricey that sometimes I have to sacrifice some things in order to prevent my asthma from hitting me from time to time. I would really appreciate it if someones innovates this kind of product."

Sally Quindo (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "Just started using this one particularly, but every brand of MDI has similar issues people are complaining of here. I saw lots of reviews about it clogging and being useless. Just thought I'd recommend what I've learned to others to fix this problem. If you put warm/hot water in a cup and let it soak for a few seconds.. (I'll even shake it around in the water to help clean it) then dry it on a window sill or somewhere warm. You'll find that it will unclog the dispenser and is good as new (as long as it is dry before you use it again). Happy breathing. Xoxo."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "This Respiclick design is horrible! In fact a few inhalers have switched to a non aerosol type recently and people who cannot breath, or have acute asthma or COPD cannot breath IN fast or hard enough to make the powdered med enter the lungs! I switched back to aerosol type inhalers on most of my inhalers because of this. You need to have a certain amount of force in the lungs to take this, and during attacks you simply don't have that breath strength and a medical manufacturer ought to know that. It also leaks and clogs up constantly. It is the same issue I had with another powdered inhaler. This is I think why others also are getting no relief. This needs to be recalled and re done! It could cause deaths."

meecepeece November 15, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Doesn't work! This is a totally ineffective inhaler. I gave it one star because I can't give it a lower rating."

Rose R October 25, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "No relief."

Shandrea (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I thought we were doing it wrong! This thing feels like it does absolutely nothing. We open the click cap and I tell my son to breathe in deep (which is a lot to ask when he is coughing) and he feels nothing and it does nothing. I even tried it and can usually feel the albuterol in is nebulizer and other inhalers and feel absolutely nothing. Really what a piece of garbage, a 40 dollar co-payment and my insurance is paying like 200+ for it in addition. What a waste -- we should be reimbursed or given a replacement. Thanks for letting me know we weren't crazy!"

cuties_mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "This inhaler is terrible !!! It's too loud !!! Makes so much noise on inhalation and that clicking sound !!!!"

Anonymous September 15, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "I must take numerous puffs in order to get any relief from ProAir."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I previously used the old ProAir, the traditional design, and it worked great could jog twice as far without getting short of breath, mow grass, etc. I was at the doctor and asked about a refill & she told me about this amazing new design that you don't have to squeeze. The idea sounded great, but in reality it doesn't work. After I use it shortness of breath is slightly decreased, but the chest tightness/pain remains and starts to take on a different character, & it also makes me extremely nauseous. Yes, it is convenient, but people who need a rescue inhaler would rather it work & provide relief than to have 1 less button to press."

Edgi July 19, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Worse rescue inhaler ever!!!!! I'm resorting to using my nebulizer in order to get relief. Who's bright idea was it to switch from a pump inhaler to a inhaled powder??? Half the time I don't have enough breath to inhale and I don't get a good dose, and let's not forget the fact that I have to make sure that my lips do not block the airflow window. Unfortunately I can't even switch to a different one because my insurance will not cover any other brand. Someone help me I can't breath and my back hurts so bad as a result."

Tamekic H (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2017

ProAir HFA (albuterol): "Used proventil for 20+ yrs. Proair was substituted once many years ago and received NO relief. Cigna stopped covering provenil in 2017 and now my only option is proair. Have been unable to breathe for over a week and finally went to Dr for a shot. I STILL CANT BREATHE!!! "

ICANTBREATHECANYOU June 3, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I have been on albuterol inhalers since the 80s. I went online to watch how to properly use this respliclick inhaler and quickly learned that medicine is actuated each time you open the cap and also not to let my lips block the air vent as it is right at the back of the mouth piece. Feeling equipped with good info I felt I was ready to go. Then came the moment I needed it... I opened the cap emptied my lungs the best I could (I was having an asthma attack so...could only do so much). Then I breathed in all I could...my lungs went into a vacuum (negative pressure) and they stayed that way until I released my lips from the device. Nothing left the inhaler and entered my lungs, not medicine, not air, nothing. I tried three times and the pain was so bad I don't I think I dare try again. After 3 hours with no relief I used my expired ProAir HFA and got instant relief. I am calling the FDA compliant line now."

Ben - Louisville, KY (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "This inhaler has caused my family much grief. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WILL NOT RESCUE. We used it for two days as we watched our child's condition steadily worsen to a full blown attack two days ago. A call the pediatric respiratory specialist prompted a prescription for the aerosol version of proair. After just one use of the aerosol replacement inhaler, our child's condition quickly improved. I am SO glad we were able to get back to the aerosol inhaler."

Mother of Asthmatic Child (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Got the inhaler for my son on Friday. Does not work , then pro air does not want to refund my money, but wants to replace their garbage product with another rubbish Pro Air Respiclick.. Big Pharm sucks"

Gotscrewedbyproairrespiclick (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I called The pharmacy today, because this thing doesn't work. I had a asthma attack and had to use my breathing machine. It needs to be recalled."

Smoochie Maberry (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2017

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): "Sleeplessness"

Chuckeybaby March 26, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Useless !!! I took it to my pulmonary doctor and told him nothing comes out. He said don't tip it that the powder will fall out. Well I kept paying for them trying to get some relief but never did. My copy being 40.00. I just kept thinking I was imagining there was nothing there. I decided to open one that showed zero doses left to see if the meds was gone. Guess what all the med was still in it. No residue from the power anywhere except inside the area they put it it. This was like the 4 th inhaler I paid a 40.00 copay for. I feel like a repayment should be in order. That's not including all the freaking anxiety attacks I had trying to get medication out of these defective devices. My other powder inhaler Anita works great. Different device"

Blueyeezzz March 12, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "Agree with everyone else. I am glad I didn't pay for it and only had a free trial. It's really useless. Could tell no difference after using it. I got more relief from an empty regular pro air (with just some residue coming out!)"

JulieS1970 February 18, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "I absolutely despise this inhaler. It honestly takes a lot for me to get so upset over a product, but this one is ridiculous. There have been multiple cases where I've had attacks, and my lungs are not strong enough to get the medicine out of it. I have to use it multiple times to even find a little bit of relief. I do not recommend this product"

LexiEnri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2017

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): "It is extremely difficult to Use during an acute asthma attack. It is rather terrifying trying to be able to breath enough to actually take this medicine. My husband dug around for an empty Ventolin to stop the attack."

todolist December 26, 2016