User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 3)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 269 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Unbeliever · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 24, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I ditto every negative response to the use of this product. I thought I was using it wrong or something was wrong with me. The people who stated whoever made it has no clue what it’s like to have to suck in when you have an attack, is totally correct. Did they even have product testing and trials before putting in the market. What about the FDA quality control???”

Mikey · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “Used for 3 months and my condition became worse than better”

Brookie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I don't know whose idea this was. It dispenses the medicine in a powder instead of finer air size particles This obviously doesn't work very well because air can be breathed into your lungs whereas a powder gets stuck somewhere along the way from your mouth to your lungs. I can literally feel the powder getting stuck in my throat instead of going where it's supposed to. My expired pro air puff inhaler works better than this and I know because I've had to dig around to find it when I'm having an asthma attack since the respiclick does nothing.”

ND · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “My ProAir RespiClick doesn’t seem to work when I need it to. It doesn’t work for pretreatment when I exercise at all. It sometimes works as a rescue inhaler. Also when I pretreat for exercise it gives me a dry awful feeling in my chest and extreme chest pain when I finish.”

MN181818 February 27, 2020

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “Ventolin HFA 90 MCG Inhaler 100% effective NYS Covered”

aconde01 · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have used ventolin for many years and find that it works very well. My insurance switched me from ventolin to pro air and it was horrible. My asthma attack became worse and I ended up in the ER. I could not breath at all. I told my doctor and she is trying to get me back on ventolin and it is a battle. The do not want to put me back on it. I guess I have to die before they see that pro air does not work!”

Tookie · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I do not like anything about this new RespiClick and want to get the original inhaler back. It’s not easy to use and it does not last long at all.”

Brent · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “This is a new drug for me. I was surprised I had to inhale the medication. Thank goodness I don’t have asthma. I would be frightened to death trying to inhale this medication during an attack. I’m being treated for complications after pneumonia. I did feel/ taste the powder on the back of my tongue so I think it worked. Can’t say l feel differently having taken it about 30 min ago. Keep in mind the vast majority of medications are made over seas. Do you think the FDA has teams living there to surprise inspect?”

JD · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have watched videos on correct usage, it is NOT user error. This does not work for me at all. With the old inhaler, I could feel, even taste the medicine. I could feel my lungs relax. This one... I feel nothing. my lungs feel just as tight as before. This is a piece of garbage and the Teva company should be ashamed of this product, 300 patents wasted. 3M tried this type of inhalator 20 years ago and that was proven to not deliver medicine either. Please learn from the mistakes of the past companies.”

Dude · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “Ventolin seems to work well. I do not do the prescribed amount daily and only use it when I feel shortness of breath or the need to exercise. So far so Good.”

kkheflin3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This is a dangerous product! I had always used Albuterol spray for intermittent asthma. On a Sunday I had an asthma attack and was unable to find my inhaler and went to Urgent Care. They gave me a breathing treatment and a prescription for this ProAir Respiclick. That night I had another attack and was considering going to ER but first scrambled around house and thankfully found old inhaler with a few puffs left! The next day I went to my primary doctor who said she had heard so many terrible things about this product she wouldn't prescribe it! She gave me an RX for the regular spray Albuterol. I think everyone needs to report this to the FDA! When one is wheezing and unable to breathe this worthless powder won't go past your tongue and you don't even know it is working at all!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This isn’t horrible or awful, it’s “horriawful”. I’m an athlete that was left ”sidelined” due to the design of this product. Thank goodness I still had my old inhaler around or this could have been a different post. Why aren’t zero ratings allowed as this rating a 1 is way to high! Note: google how to hack the respiclick into an ordinary inhaler ”

7312 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Just. Awful. Period. Return as soon as you can.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Who designed this thing? You have absolutely no idea if you’re getting medicine or not. For a device you rely on to save your life, you just need to believe that maybe it worked, maybe it didn’t? And when you’re already short of breath, sucking hard to get the medicine out is not really an option. On the flip side, it makes you want to keep giving yourself dose after dose after dose because there’s no indication whatsoever that you’re ever getting any medicine. Horrible horrible product!!”

phil · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 19, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Started using albuterol inhalers about three years. Seemed to work fine but over time I noticed I was having certain neurological issues. Trembling, lack of coordination, headaches, random pains, lack of concentration, and other symptoms. Had a complete battery of neurological tests and nothing was found. Quit using the albuterol inhaler and the symptoms went away gradually after a few weeks. Has anyone else seen these kind of symptoms?”

Eve · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have asthma for over 40 years. Pro- Air is the worse inhaler for any asthmatic. As with several others , insurance switched my Ventolin to this Pro- Air. When I needed it only made things worse during an attack. After giving this inhaler a try of 3 months- I explained what was happening and My Doctor made notes to make insurance company out me back to Ventolin.”

Michigan Man December 30, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I agree with all the other comments. My expired ProAir (with spacer) works 100X better as a rescue medicine than the do-nothing ProAir Respliclick. I found absolutely no relief from the $60 Respliclick. (My insured cost). Respliclick is a scam. Stick to the old inhalers if you want to breath.”

Gennie · Taken for 10 years or more December 30, 2019

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have been using this product for 35 years. It's quality has gone down hill ever since the govs outlawed CFCs. It is not the same formulation. I have also noticed inconsistencies with the product. One time I can get one that works great and another time I need 6 puffs just to get a little relief. This company needs to be examined by health Canada. Pharmacists have told me that this product isnt what it used to be.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I would have rated Pro-Air as zero if it gave that option, as it is that useless. I am a health care provider and have found this issue with Pro-Air to be the case with most patients as well. My insurance company insists that this product be ordered instead of generic Ventolin, which works better by far. I asked my pharmacist why this was so and he stated that the insurance companies receive kickbacks from the pharmaceuticals now if the name brand is ordered. However, that comes out of the consumer's pocket!”

Becky December 20, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Horrible!!! No relief after using!!! Had to call the company to complain and they said it might have been a bad batch.... If this is for rescue just pay more for the other kind.... It the worst inhaler I've ever had.”

Gogo grammy 47 December 15, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “For some reason I don't seem to get the same emergency treatment from respiclick that I do with the Proair inhaler, but it is all my medicare and insurance will cover.”

cjg12345 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 14, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “This inhaler is so overpriced it is a joke. I experience side effects from it immediately as bronchospasm. Pharmacies should have to pay patients to use it, rather than paying the docs.”

Christine · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 13, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “With the ProAir HFA I have found after using this product, it runs out, when there should be 30-34 doses left.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2019

For COPD, Maintenance: “Albuterol is the worst. Every time I use it, I get severe heart palpitations - anxiety attacks!! This happened to me on two separate occasions. Once I get back to using Pro Air, my vitals are normal.”

JJ October 9, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I absolutely, 100%, loathe this ProAir inhaler!!! Complete garbage. My insurance company tries to deny my Ventolin prescription (the inhaler that actually relieves my asthma symptoms) every year and tries to make me purchase this one instead instead. I honestly don't understand how Proair is still being sold, especially considering the negative reviews and comments regarding it or just the simple fact that it does not work.”