User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 2)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 269 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Worst thing ever · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I'm not sure why this generic inhaler doesn't work properly but it does not produce the proper amount of medication for each puff. This is the worst inhaler I've ever used and have asked my doctor to switch me back to the other cuz this is the worst! I'm having take four puffs instead of two for it to work and it makes me all shaky.”

Chelle · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2020

For COPD, Acute: “I have pretty severe asthma, COPD, and lots of allergies. I just received the Perrigo albuterol rescue inhaler. It is horrible. It smells and tastes like swamp water, my throat burns and my lips itch. I had to take a benadryl after using it. It is also difficult to take the cap off, the holder is awkward to use. And the funny thing is, I have no recourse. I am low income and can't really afford to replace it. But too bad for me! I want my Teva Pro Air Inhaler back. It never failed me. And after reading these other reviews I am appalled that it hasn't been recalled.”

Chey May 28, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I have used ProAir albuterol inhaler and was given the Perrigo Albuterol inhaler. It is horrible. When I contacted the manufacturer they had me rinse it out with warm water. The representative told me since it worked after being rinsed they would not replace or give me a refund. I got one dose and it stopped working again. Even when it worked I could not tell I had received a dose. I finally went back to my pharmacy and purchased the ProAir inhaler out of pocket since my insurance would not cover it. They need to recall this product immediately.”

Anonymous May 27, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Before picking up my albuterol refill a few weeks ago, I was using the other generic albuterol sulfate inhaler by TEVA. A few weeks ago I go to pick up my refill and it was albuterol sulfate by Perrigo, so I had never taken it before. Didn't think too much of it. First of all, I had to squeeze it like six times to get the therapeutic amount I needed. A week later I started to notice the back of my throat very red, irritated, and sore. Oh and did I forget to mention I am severely constipated?? I wouldn't recommend this generic brand to anyone!!!”

MJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I find myself having to use the Perrigo inhaler 3-4 times per day vs. 1-2 with Proair. The dispenser is awkward and hardly anything comes out. This is my first week using this product. I have wmphsyma and asthma I will not buy it again.”

Meeeeee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Just received the new inhaler manufactured by Perrigo. I agree with the other opinions that this inhaler is horrible. Can't tell if I even received a dose, and I find I have to use it every couple hours whereas before I was only using an inhaler every 4-6 hours with the one manufactured by Prasco. The Perrigo inhaler is an awkward device to use. Not sure if complaining here will do any good, but I'm going to contact my pharmacist at Walgreens in the morning to complain, especially since I know others are having the same issue and that my experience is not an isolated issue.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have had asthma since 1982 and I am a respiratory therapist. I have to used various inhalers and SVNs over many years. I've always thought the ProAir was awful but the Perrigo Albuterol, generic for ProAir, is the WORST. This inhaler is not safe to be used as a rescue inhaler. I believe that patients will flock to the ER because the inhaler gives NO relief. I had to buy a new inhaler within a couple days of this purchase because its THAT BAD. When I get refills now, I refuse to take this brand. Its absolutely useless and the taste so bad.”

Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This new inhaler is terrible. Just ask the doctor for my old inhaler back. Even worse. My insurance insists I use this new one and doesn’t cover my old style inhaler. Gonna have to pay more so I can breathe. Terrible idea.”

aintjemima · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “I was given the new Perrigo albuterol inhaler by my pharmacy after getting the generic ProAir inhaler. The first Perrigo inhaler stopped working with 44 inhalations left. I decided that it might need to be cleaned. The delivery device has a clear plastic cover over the canister and is not possible to remove without using a screwdriver to pop the clear plastic part off. It is very poorly designed. Once I removed the canister, the delivery device fell apart. I cleaned it but it still did not work properly. The pharmacy once again gave me the same inhaler and I thought I would give it another try. This time it stopped working with 110 inhalations left. I believe this is such a poorly designed inhaler and it can be dangerous for someone who needs immediate relief.”

Ascot May 19, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I'm allergic to the propellant in the CFC free Ventolin. I have to use a powder. I first used the GSK rotahaler with no problems. The powder is in a capsule that spun in the rotahaler as you breathe in. You knew if it worked or not. Breathing in the powder is no different to the puffer. It still has to get to your lungs. I saw a demonstration video of the Respiclick. I definitely DON'T want to use it. The fact you have to open the mouth piece each time to take a puff would be incredibly dangerous in an attack when you're trying to breathe and also trying to open/click the thing. Non-asthmatics designed it as asthmatics know better. I use an Easyhaler. You have to press to release the medication but once again you have no idea if the medicine came out as you can't always feel it when you breathe in. I found myself checking whether it was still working and you're never 100% sure if you got any and how much you got. I prefer the GSK rotahaler but they discontinued it.”

Jj12345 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 19, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “They don't work”

Ace · Taken for 10 years or more May 17, 2020

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I HATE the new inhaler. The canister is fine but the new outer part is HORRIBLE!!! It doesn’t let a full pump out & it gets clogged. It waste so much of the medicine & it is horrible.”

Melissa · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “It works...but it tastes awful.”

JoJo · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “I want my ProAir back!!! I have pulmonary Sarcoidosis and severe asthma. The Perrigo inhaler is absolutely horrible. It has a horrible taste that stays in my mouth no matter how many times I brush my teeth or use mouthwash. The taste chokes me up and dries my mouth out. It doesn't help me at all. I feel it makes everything worse. How can it be a rescue inhaler if it's clogged up when you need it. It clogs up every 2 or 3 sprays. I'm in the ER quite a bit for my breathing. This inhaler will just send me there more often and cost the insurance company a lot more.”

Kaylacasper · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “Doesn’t help with my asthma . Worst tasting thing I’ve ever had. Every time I use it I want to throw up ! I do not recommend for anyone !”

Squee · Taken for less than 1 month May 10, 2020

For Asthma, Maintenance: “I am using Perrigo albuterol inhaler for the first time. It's horrible!! The dispenser is so awkward. It's hard to hold. It's difficult to press down on the albuterol canister and there is a guard around it that sticks up too high. It's hard to know whether a dose has been delivered or not. Terrible design of an inhaler! I am thinking it would almost be worth paying the extra $30 just to get Ventolin.”

Nene · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “This new inhaler is horrible! The medicine has burning like taste to it and it doesn't open up my airways as effective as the Proair. The Proair was fine just the way it was and should have been left alone.”

Iny · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “The generic Proair is DANGEROUS. My Teva Proair always opens my airways. This does not open them well. Delayed time for any opening you do get. Horrible taste. Burns your nose inside ? I will get Proair Brand cannot go this stuff.”

Erix · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

For COPD, Maintenance: “My Insurance company only covers this new generic version of Albuterol Sulfate HFA 90MCG Inhaler manufactured by Perrigo. It is terrible. First, it does not come in a sealed packet, it is just in the box. Secondly, the safety cap is not attached to the spray unit and is difficult to remove. Thirdly, the spray is very, very weak. I have used Ventolin and other versions of Ventolin in the past and was alway completely satisfied. This new generic version is terrible!”

Lizlizardrn · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For COPD, Acute: “This new inhaler Perrigo Albuterol Sulfate is terrible! It tasted awful and I can’t get it apart to clean. I don’t feel like it opens my airways like the other inhalers I usually used in the past !!!! Great for my insurance if it’s cheaper but if I can’t breathe .... that hospitalization I’ll end up with will be costly !!!”

Echo7777 · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “My most recent prescription they gave me Perrigo Albuterol Sulfate ( normally I get the Teva ) the Perrigo design is very odd . Cannot clean it properly . And the taste is horrible . Not sure if it’s allergies (it’s spring ) but it doesn’t seem To open my airways as well as other brands . I have had it two days and asked pharmacy to please get me a Teva one . I have to pay out of pocket for it but I can’t use this Perrigo one . It’s worth the money to have an inhaler I know that works for me”

KC April 28, 2020

For Asthma, acute: “Perrigo generic albuterol.... horrible. Canister cannot be removed to clean mouthpiece, plastic canister guard is in the way of use of the product, and hardly anything comes out. I take it for Seasonal allergic wheezing ”

Arthur · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 25, 2020

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My Ventolin inhaler has always given me relief when I have an asthma attack or am short of breath. I find that after so many uses, it will clog. After removing the canister, rinsing the actuator with warm water and letting it dry, should unclog it.”

Lola · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Neither myself or the pharmacist could get anything out of this inhaler. We put it on a black surface, click the inhaler and banged it on the black counter and absolutely no powder or mist came out. We did the black surface test after I took the thing back because I could get NOTHING out of it.”

Vera · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2020

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Teva-Salbutamol or Generic ventolin is dangerous. I had to take one because ventolin is currently gone. What a horrible product. I'm using 8 puffs to get the same relief from the regular ventolin which also doesn't work as well anymore. I cannot believe this product is allowed on the market.”