User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 6)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 269 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Gigi May 29, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Hi- I just wanted to add my two cents to the conversation regarding Ventolin. Ventolin does NOT help me at all when I have an asthma attack. I use Pro-Air and though it is not great it at least helps me to get a breath and breathe. Yes, I've been told numerous times they both contain Albuterol. All I can figure is the inert ingredients are not the same or possibly where they are manufactured, ventolin (UK), Proair (US). I surely wish Ventolin (salbutamol) helped me, it's the only inhaler my insurance covers/pays for and Proair costs me $70 a month to not go to hospital. Sometimes ginger tea helps me till I can get a refill. Hope this review helps someone.”

Heideggar May 23, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I love being awake for three days during allergy season because I can't breath. It's the best! Almost as great as the $60 I'll never see again for wasting on this placebo!”

Kevin · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have allergy induced asthma, depending on how harsh the allergy season is I might have no symptoms or I might get really bad asthma. So in late April through May I will typically have my asthma symptoms and attacks. This year I was given this ProClick powder inhaler and it really does do nothing. The first few doses it did leave some residue on my tongue but now after using it for 3 days it's not making a difference and it doesn't even feel like it's dispensing any medicine! $45 copay and I'm sure my insurance picked up a pretty big chunk of the cost. Total waste! The company who makes this inhaler should be investigated for fraud, imo this is a defective product.”

sharron. · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “Like most I also find ProAir RespiClick has no use. It doesn't help me. I want my aerosol instead. I would like the money back on 3 of these . I was told it would be my old aerosol and when I go pick it up it's this ProAir Respiclick .”

Shatterd70 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I absolutely hate this "new inhaler " it does not work !”

Fuzzy · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I had asthma as a kid. I kind of grew out of it. Recently, I have been getting very short of breath. Turns out I have a respiratory infection that brought my asthma symptoms back. I was given a prescription for a respiclick inhaler. I remember when I was a kid the feeling of the inhaler kicking in and being able to breathe again. That doesn't happen with this inhaler. I don't remember what medication my old inhalers had in them but they were a lot more effective”

Tommy May 4, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Used to use albuteral for my reactive asthma, for when I occasionally smoke which I know I shouldn’t. Guess I’m going to have to stop because this stuff literally does nothing for me whatsoever even after like two times the dosage. This product is going to kill someone because of its lack of symptom relief. I’m happy/ disappointed to see so many other having the same issue”

kfbris · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Nothing comes out even if you use it according to instructions. Dangerous--I reported it to the FDA. If you have the same problem, please do it too.”

Lynnie · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I am sick of feeling horrible with this inhaler. I never get any relief. My pharmacy tells me this is the "preferred" drug of choice with my insurance plan. I pay $25.00 copay and am getting no relief for my asthma at all. I wanted to go back to my aerosol inhaler, however the insurance denied that request. We should not be made to purchase a drug that the insurance company feels is in our best interest. Listen to your patients-This needs to be recalled before someone dies from an asthma attack”

Brad is breathing fine. · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I specifically asked my Dr. to switch me off of the Ventolin inhaler to the ProAir inhaler. The Ventolin inhaler seems like it does not give a big enough puff, whilst the ProAir inhaler gives me a smooth problem free puff without having to take a second one.”

WheezerInLeesburg · Taken for 10 years or more April 25, 2018

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This is the only rescue inhale that works for me. I use a cortical steroid inhaler for maintenance and this is my rescue inhaler for those rare instances I need something. For some reason my insurance company has stopped covering this inhaler and they keep forcing a substitution with ProAir HFA which is worse than useless. Ventolin HFA needs to be doing a better job marketing their product to the insurance companies so their users are having to constantly scramble for coupons to pay for it.”

WheezerInLeesburg · Taken for 10 years or more April 25, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I use an inhaled cortical inhaler daily for maintenance but for those occasional times I need a rescue inhaler, the ONLY ONE that works is Ventolin HFA - 1 puff and almost instant relief. I could suck up half the cannister of ProAir HFA and still not be able to breath. This stuff is awful and my insurance company forces it on me. Reading all of the terrible reviews of this product from actual users like myself, I can only conclude that ProAir HFA is giving substantial kick-backs to insurance companies to get them to force this rubbish product on subscribers.”

Leo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “ProAir is the worst inhaler ever made. My job's rx plan used to cover Ventolin and Dulera. I used the Dulera once in the morning and once at night. Ventolin in emergency situations. The Dulera helped manage my asthma. When I did need to use the Ventolin inhaler, it delivered a strong blast that opened up my airways. As mentioned before, my job's rx plan stopped covering it. So I had to use my inhaler more often. Then they stopped covering the Ventolin. When I had to get the ProAir, I noticed the difference right away. The blast was very weak. Plus the container gets clogged 8/10 times. My son has asthma as well and he has autism. What is one of us or both have to use this cheap inhaler and nothing comes out? I'll you what would happen......we wouldn't be able to breath because the damn thing doesn't work. How can this device be clogged so much? Why is this inhaler even allowed to be sold? We all should band together and sue the makers of ProAir.”

gsmanning1974 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My insurance forced me to switch after having great results from Ventolin HFA for years. I had an attack yesterday and this did absolutely nothing. Luckily I had an older spare Ventolin inhaler in my car that helped me. I will never use this garbage again.”

Brenda · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I don't feel like any medicine is coming out!! If the medicine is coming out than it doesn't help at all!”

Lindsay · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “This thing is total garbage. It was prescribed to me for a bronchial spasm and it doesn't help what so ever.”

DarkFire March 28, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “The ProAir RespiClick is HORRIBLE! I had called my pharmacy to have this prescription refilled, and they mentioned my old prescription for HFA had expired, and that they would call my doctor to have it updated. At this point my doctor's office nor the pharmacy wants to admit they had changed me to this medication, and now I'm stuck with three of these that provide absolutely no relief to me whatsoever. I had to google videos on how to use this while I'm almost dying trying to figure this out. Once I guess I figured it out, it was terrible, they mention it's some powder, and I had to do 5 inhales, which is ridiculous, because if I can't breath, how can I inhale this? Who creates these things? I can't even get a refund now for these 3 unused units! The units are horrible to use, so much they made my anxiety worsen, which made me breath with even more difficulty.”

Anonymous March 28, 2018

For Bronchiectasis: “Respiclick is horrible, not effective, I am already under stress and panic from shortness of breath. Pro air HFA has worked well for me for many years and is superior product. Very disappointed to have been switched”

dick March 26, 2018

For COPD, Maintenance: “I can not get my breath after taking albuterol”

mig · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I've been using ProAir HFA on and off throughout the course of maintenance for asthma. I fine it works well and it does get clogged from time to time, if that happens all you have to do is take the aerosol bottle out, locate where the small opening is at which the spray comes out of on the red container then run it under warm water, dry it some where in the sun and put the aerosol bottle back in and it's ready to use again - it does have to been dry before you use it. I keep an old clean one ready to go if my current one blocks”

Dylan · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “This product (as stated in all the other comments) is simply garbage. I had to google the product to figure out how it worked and it just doesn’t. All the “medicine” did was make my heart race. This product gave me no relief in any way.”

Angel · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2018

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I have used Ventolin, ProAir and Proventil for most of my life. ProAir is the only one that absolutely helps me during attacks and helps prevent them fairly well before work. The rest I need to use MUCH more frequently. Every inhaler clogs. Even the maintenance inhalers. Like that one person said somewhere in these reviews “warm water” and “shake it” while it’s in the warm water works really well to unclog, then let air dry on a window sill or somewhere similar. Don't use it again til it is completely dry.”

Angel · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2018

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Wow. I’m completely surprised by the reviews on this. I think it goes to show every human being is different. Ventolin does nearly nothing for me. I was looking around to see how others felt. Mind blown.”

Asthma Patient January 24, 2018

For Asthma, acute: “My pharmacy filled my prescription with the pro-air (red dispenser) in place of the Ventolin (albuterol - blue dispenser) about 6 months ago. I decided to give it a try and after several times of using, I couldn't feel any medication coming out of the dispenser at all. I would then have to take 2 to 3 puffs out of it, when normally I'd only need 1 puff of the Ventolin.”

777Rosie999 · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Was switched by new insurance company to RespiClick after using Ventolin FHA for years with good results. Got absolutely NO relief. Very frightening. Found Ventolin inhalers with a small amount of doses left and that got me through the night. Complained to the insurance company because this unauthorized substitution with a TOTALLY ineffective delivery system put my life in danger. "Rescue" inhaler. If you don't get rescued, you can die. RECALL this product NOW!”