User Reviews for Albuterol (Page 4)

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

COPD, Maintenance 5.2
Bronchospasm Prophylaxis 2.7
Summary of Albuterol reviews 3.2 269 reviews

Reviews for Albuterol

Phuk · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I wish I could rate this Respiclick inhaler device a 0/10. I can't believe anyone thought that it would be okay to prescribe this to a patient who needs it to survive.”

PerryPuff · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Proventil doesn’t work for me and my asthma. For some reason my insurance switched this from Ventolin which worked great. With Proventil I get a shot of medication right to the back of my tongue, it sprays terribly, which means it did not make it into my lungs at all. What’s the point?”

Anonymous September 11, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This is the worst inhaler. I have occasional asthma attacks and need a rescue inhaler. I have used the Proair waited an hour and had to use it again. I was having to use my nebulizer to get any relief since this useless inhaler doesn't work. My doctor demanded the insurance company put me back on Ventolin. After one dose of Ventolin I had instant relief from my asthma attack. They need to get rid of proair.”

SC · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “This was prescribed to be by the ER doctor for “as needed” and I hate it. It is the worst thing when you can’t breathe in. Why? Because if you can’t breathe how do you breathe in enough to get the medicine?! I’ve had to try 3 or four times to get one dose. The medicine itself seems to be good but why in the world would someone who has problems breathing to the point of going to the ER be given something that is so difficult to get to?!”

gogogirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2019

Ventolin (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Immediate relief”

Can't breathe · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “I used Proventil for over 40 years. One dose stopped my asthma attacks. My insurance is forcing me to use ProAir. It was slower acting and now it is no relief. I went from using Proventil, to ProAir plus 2 maintenance medicines and a nebulizer. Now I have to go to the emergency room to get relief because the ProAir still doesn't work hours later. Insurance is not saving money and they are risking lives.”

Spencs · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 27, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “The ProAir HFA Inhaler constantly clogs”

atlanticdare · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “My Doctor prescribed Proair Respiclick instead of my Proair inhaler. It us horrible when I need my rescue inhaler this does absolutely nothing to help me breath. I also find that I have a problem trying to inhale the powder when I am already short of breath. Terrible medication”

CH · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “This inhaler is not effective for someone who can't get air into their lungs. The way it works is by sucking the medicine out of the inhaler, and for those who barely have lung function there's no way to get the medication into your lungs so you CAN BREATHE. I almost passed out today trying to get this thing to work for me, but luckily I found an old ACTUAL inhaler that saved me.”

Awat · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This inhaler is good when it works. After 60 puffs the inhaler clogs and will not spray anymore. It's not a good thing when you have chronic asthma and you are not sure if your fast acting inhaler is going to work when you need it. I will be talking to the doctor and insurance about switching to Ventolin again”

Addie64 · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “ProAir Respiclick had zero effectiveness for me. You would have to be a long distance runner to be able to inhale this powder into your lungs. What a waste. This was just another way for the company to get a patent for albuterol so they could make money. If I could give a minus rating I would. I got this drug due to a mixup with my insurance where they said they wouldn't cover the HFA. I think they got so many complaints and threats of lawsuits that they quickly changed their coverage options. I know I was definitely on the phone with them.”

hardtobreath · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchospasm Prophylaxis: “The ProAir RespiClick instructions "Inhale rapidly to use"....I have a breathing problem...does this make any sense what so ever? This is the most useless delivery system for this type of indication.”

Anonymous June 2, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Like the others say, the ProAir ResiClick is not effective. Sucking as hard as you can to get medicine to your lungs did not help during an asthma attack. The old method inhalers are far superior. I wheeze terribly still after using. Do not recommend.”

Carole · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 24, 2019

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “I am a cancer patient who developed COPD following chemotherapy and radiation. I use Ventolin for those times I am suddenly short of breath. I’m reviewing Ventolin to respond to several comments that the inhaler stops working before all of the 204 uses have been used. This was happening to me — several times — and was frustrating: insurance only allows refills every 30 days, and my co-pay is expensive. I took my inoperable Ventolin in and complained to my pharmacist. The counter indicated 75 uses remaining — I had wasted 10 attempts trying to get medication dispensed. My pharmacist removed the canister from the dispenser and rinsed the dispenser under very warm water. I let it air dry for ages She reassembled the inhaler and it worked perfectly! Ventolin has been very important in “rescue” occasions when I very suddenly and without warning cannot breathe. This happens so unexpectedly that I don’t go anywhere without my Ventolin inhaler.”

Mike · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 20, 2019

Proventil HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Maintenance: “Most of the time my newest Proventil inhalers do not give a puff if needed about half the time. Used it for years with no problems. Now malfunctioning inhalers are so prevalent , I have three wasted in my med drawer. Will ask for new med to replace proventil.”

Hydrin · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 11, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “I have COPD and my Doctor prescribed this ProAir RespiClick device in place of my regular Proair . The respiclick does nothing, I can’t seem to inhale strong enough to get any medication in my lungs. I tried it when I was having problems breathing and it didn’t work, fortunately I had some medication left in my old Proair I was able to get relief with that inhaler otherwise I don’t know what I would have done .”

Prekteacher April 3, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This is absolutely the WORST inhaler I have ever used. I have tried several times over a period of several years and I always have the same terrible experience. The delivery system simple does not release the medicine for me. It takes several puffs before I can sense any medicine is even coming out. The pharmacy says it’s the same as Ventolin HFA but that has not been my experience .”

Rosey55 March 22, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “This inhaler is the worst that I have used so far. My insurance will not cover Ventolin unless I try some other brands first. I had an attack the other day, and went to use it. It didn't work, which I take part of the blame because I hadn't primed it that week. I went ahead and used another inhaler and was able to get relief. Then I cleaned the proair inhaler with water, and tried to prime it , and it didn't help that much. It's just too weak. I am now trying another brand, and if that doesn't work I'm going to request Ventolin.”

Spunky · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “I have Stage 4 COPD. I used Ventolin for several years until insurance company would no longer pay for it, I had to switch to Proair. What a waste of money. This rescue inhaler is a joke! This stuff is like using "NOTHING" at all. They need to take off the market ASAP before it kills someone who can not breathe. My Lung Doctor has to send a letter of "Medical Necessity" every year for me to be on it & them pay for my trusty Ventolin. Also Proair has "Ethanol" in it & needs to be taken off the market.”

Mrford49 March 7, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Bronchiectasis: “It doesn't work ☹️☹️☹️☹️”

Me · Taken for 10 years or more March 2, 2019

Ventolin HFA (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Ventolin seems to work the best for me. I used to use Proventil and that worked for a little bit, but then seemed to stop working. Ventolin consistently works well for me and I've been using it since around 2009. Unfortunately, my insurance company does not cover Ventolin at all. I have to pay full price for it which cost me $66 today. They want me to get ProAir and I don't even want to try it as I've read nothing but bad things about it, from the dispenser not working, to it running out after a few sprays, to the power clumping up inside the cannister rendering it completely useless even with a working dispenser. No thanks! I'd rather use what has been working for me. Why change something if it's working? I don't understand why my insurance company won't cover it anymore.”

Guy Something · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “The respiclick, like all other Proair inhalers is a joke. Do any of it's inventers actually have asthma?! Picture yourself, gasping for air in the middle of an asthma attack, and some fool hands you an inhaler that you have to forcibly suck the medicine out of. That's the respiclick in a nutshell. Abject stupidity.”

J j l · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 18, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, acute: “Can't inhale hard enough to get the powder past my tongue, totally worthless. The aerosol inhaler works as it is supposed to but not this respiclick piece of junk.”

Seth · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 12, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for COPD, Acute: “I understand some medicines do not work as well on certain individuals, that's not the case with these new inhalers they they don't work for anyone who really needs one. These powder inhalers ineffectiveness is upsetting to say the least. Any trial studies should have clearly shown this. The Incompetence behind this product is staggering, if not criminal, I've recently had to resort to using some older out of date inhalers so I could breath, I've disregarded the powder inhaler, I wasted my money on.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Its awful. You can't even tell if it's working. I don't think I can even breathe deeply enough to get the powder to come out. Even if it is coming out it's doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid $60 dollars for a useless piece of plastic.”