User Reviews for Albuterol to treat COPD, Maintenance

Also known as: Ventolin HFA, ProAir HFA, Ventolin, Proventil HFA, ProAir RespiClick, AccuNeb, ProAir Digihaler Vospire ER

Albuterol Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Albuterol

maria · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2020

“Cannot remove perrigo albuterol sulfate canister from the body of the inhaler, even with a pair of pliers! Removal of canister is necessary every five days to rinse through the inhaler, or it clogs up and is unusable. The "rescue inhaler" is absolutely essential in management of severe emphysema. . . HELP! What can I do until Teva improves the design of their new inhaler?”

Jean May 28, 2020

“The first time I used it it stopped dispensing meds after 4 uses. Took it to Walgreens where the canister was extremely difficult for the pharmacist to get out. She cleaned it and gave it back to me. 3 days later I decided to try this particular canister again. Nothing was dispensed. I requested that my physician order only Pro Air. Went to Walgreens and was given the same awkward useless inhaler. I’m extremely frustrated with allergy symptoms getting bad. I’m afraid to go anywhere without taking 2 with me and something to be able to pry out the canister with and hope it works.”

aintjemima · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2020

“I was given the new Perrigo albuterol inhaler by my pharmacy after getting the generic ProAir inhaler. The first Perrigo inhaler stopped working with 44 inhalations left. I decided that it might need to be cleaned. The delivery device has a clear plastic cover over the canister and is not possible to remove without using a screwdriver to pop the clear plastic part off. It is very poorly designed. Once I removed the canister, the delivery device fell apart. I cleaned it but it still did not work properly. The pharmacy once again gave me the same inhaler and I thought I would give it another try. This time it stopped working with 110 inhalations left. I believe this is such a poorly designed inhaler and it can be dangerous for someone who needs immediate relief.”

Melissa · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

“It works...but it tastes awful.”

Iny · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2020

“The generic Proair is DANGEROUS. My Teva Proair always opens my airways. This does not open them well. Delayed time for any opening you do get. Horrible taste. Burns your nose inside ? I will get Proair Brand cannot go this stuff.”

Erix · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

“My Insurance company only covers this new generic version of Albuterol Sulfate HFA 90MCG Inhaler manufactured by Perrigo. It is terrible. First, it does not come in a sealed packet, it is just in the box. Secondly, the safety cap is not attached to the spray unit and is difficult to remove. Thirdly, the spray is very, very weak. I have used Ventolin and other versions of Ventolin in the past and was alway completely satisfied. This new generic version is terrible!”

Dude · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2020

“Ventolin seems to work well. I do not do the prescribed amount daily and only use it when I feel shortness of breath or the need to exercise. So far so Good.”

cjg12345 · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 14, 2019

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “This inhaler is so overpriced it is a joke. I experience side effects from it immediately as bronchospasm. Pharmacies should have to pay patients to use it, rather than paying the docs.”

Renee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 9, 2019

“Albuterol is the worst. Every time I use it, I get severe heart palpitations - anxiety attacks!! This happened to me on two separate occasions. Once I get back to using Pro Air, my vitals are normal.”

atlanticdare · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 11, 2019

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “My Doctor prescribed Proair Respiclick instead of my Proair inhaler. It us horrible when I need my rescue inhaler this does absolutely nothing to help me breath. I also find that I have a problem trying to inhale the powder when I am already short of breath. Terrible medication”

Carole · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 24, 2019

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): “I am a cancer patient who developed COPD following chemotherapy and radiation. I use Ventolin for those times I am suddenly short of breath. I’m reviewing Ventolin to respond to several comments that the inhaler stops working before all of the 204 uses have been used. This was happening to me — several times — and was frustrating: insurance only allows refills every 30 days, and my co-pay is expensive. I took my inoperable Ventolin in and complained to my pharmacist. The counter indicated 75 uses remaining — I had wasted 10 attempts trying to get medication dispensed. My pharmacist removed the canister from the dispenser and rinsed the dispenser under very warm water. I let it air dry for ages She reassembled the inhaler and it worked perfectly! Ventolin has been very important in “rescue” occasions when I very suddenly and without warning cannot breathe. This happens so unexpectedly that I don’t go anywhere without my Ventolin inhaler.”

Mike · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 20, 2019

Proventil HFA (albuterol): “Most of the time my newest Proventil inhalers do not give a puff if needed about half the time. Used it for years with no problems. Now malfunctioning inhalers are so prevalent , I have three wasted in my med drawer. Will ask for new med to replace proventil.”

Shatterd70 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I absolutely hate this "new inhaler " it does not work !”

Brenda · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2018

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “I don't feel like any medicine is coming out!! If the medicine is coming out than it doesn't help at all!”

dick March 26, 2018

“I can not get my breath after taking albuterol”

mathgirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 28, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): “My main complaint is that the inhaler seems to be empty before the 200 puffs are used. It seems to help well for the first 150 to 175 puffs, then stops feeling effective. I carefully following how to use it & don't know why I am not getting the right dosage throughout.”

Ugly girl December 24, 2016

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): “Took regular for about 3 weeks. Started severe muscle cramps, bone pain, cough, sputum production, sleeplessness,, voice change,spinning sensation, blurred vision, respiratory infection. Stopped about 2 months. Still having severe muscle cramps and bone pain. How long will this last?Could it have lowered creatine kinase , potassium, or magnesium.”

never smoked · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2016

ProAir RespiClick (albuterol): “Asthma and COPD for 50 years. This product is unusable. I work outside ALL weather. To big for a pocket, AND DON'T get wet. What good is a rescue inhaler if one can't take it with them where it may be needed. Now taking a round of prednisone. First time since 2012.”

MichelleKennedy · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2015

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “Too expensive. I use sparingly and often have to go without when I can't afford the high cost of the refill since my insurance doesn't cover it.”

prestburycheshire November 22, 2014

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “I could not be without Pro-Air. I take it with me everywhere I go, it works very fast and is a lot less expensive than my other inhalers.”

Schram November 2, 2013

“My doctor put me on a dosage of 2 puffs every 4 hours as needed but when I used this amount I developed almost continuous anxiety attacks, insomnia, back and arm pain, wheezing, muscle spasm and jerking in extremities, and pounding in my ears. I was greatly distressed until I read this article and discovered that all of these symptoms are side effects of the albuterol.”

Granny-T · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 14, 2012

Ventolin HFA (albuterol): “I have been prescribed several maintenance medications to control my COPD over the past 4 years. Ventolin has proved to be, by far, the best medication I have used. Very quick acting & reassuring.”

mariotejas February 2, 2011

Ventolin (albuterol): “It works.”

vonjon August 7, 2009

Proventil HFA (albuterol): “I have found this medication to work very well when I feel tight and have shortness of breath. My prescription calls for use every 6 hours but I use it when I feel I need to breath better.”

Anonymous June 15, 2009

ProAir HFA (albuterol): “Improved breathing 50% the frist time I used it.”