User Reviews for Zantac 150

Zantac 150 has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 45 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of those users who reviewed Zantac 150 reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions
Stomach Ulcer
Summary of Zantac 150 reviews 7.4 45 reviews

Reviews for Zantac 150

petluv · Taken for 10 years or more May 25, 2020

For GERD: “I have severe GERD and have tried every medication I can think of. PPI's Tagamet, which made me VERY constipated. The only one that works for me is Zantac 150 mg twice a day. I know about the recall but I really think it is much to do about nothing since the chemical NDMA they are talking about is found in our food and water. I am not sure what I am going to do since I am unable to take anything else that gives me relief. I have been taking Zantac for over 20 years with no side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

For GERD: “Am a young patient with GERD, had it since I was 15, and now I'm 20. This medicine also always makes me vomit, a few hours from taking it. The sensation can't be held back, it just forces you to vomit, even in the middle of the night when you wanted overnight relief. I was told to get GERD-relieving meds over the counter until doctor prescribed Famotidine and it works wonders!”

JoanneS0 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 3, 2019

For GERD: “Used to work well for my acid reflux but recently started making me nauseous, to the point I feel like I'm going to throw up. Tried Zantac 75 and had the same result.”

Bonzoe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2013

For GERD: “I have Extreme Acid Reflux for about 2 years now, I wake up in the early mornings feeling extremely nauseous like I'm one second from throwing up, every single day. I also go to bed every night with burning acid coming up into the back of my throat, making my throat sore, like I swallowed glass every day. I get this feeling constantly, sour stomach & nauseous 24/7. It's horrible & made me miserable! I would eat "Tums 1000" by the bulk bottles, they worked in the beginning but then stopped working. I was in Meijers one day looking for something else for my sour nauseous stomach & they had "Zantac 150" 65 count bottle on sale for $9.99. So I reluctantly bought them and to my amaze they actually did work. Completely took it away!”

W4phm · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2013

For GERD: “Tired of taking Tums all the time with its limited efficacy and horrible aftertaste even hours later. I tried Zantac 150 over the counter. It takes longer to work than Rolaids or Tums or similar, about 30-60 minutes, but when it kicks in, it is as if the GERD or Heartburn never existed, it is great.”

Clevelander · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2012

For GERD: “I have tried all of the proton pump inhibitors and had some reaction to each of them. Nexium worked well, but it is WAY expensive. Generic Prilosec (Omeprazole) was hit or miss. It actually gave me heart palpitations, so no more of that. Doc recommended I try Zantac 150 and it seems to work pretty good. I notice that it doesn't last 24 hours, so he recommended that I take 1 twice a day as needed. Have not noticed any side effects as of yet, so working pretty good.”

AntiZantac May 2, 2017

For GERD: “***ZANTAC CAUSES PANIC ATTACKS*** I was prescribed Zantac regularly (1-2x daily) for acid reflux. I developed notably worsened anxiety and nocturnal panic attacks where I would wake up almost every night 2-3 hours after falling asleep with episodes of vivid nonsensical dream-like episodes lasting 2-3 hours. I would have a hard time figuring out simple things like how to open my door or plug in my phone charger to call home. I would keep parents on the phone for 2-3 hours asking them to come get me for no reason even when I had work the next morning. I was constantly confused and dizzy even during the day and it began significantly affecting my work performance. I did research on my own and found out Zantac can cause all the above. I contacted my psychiatrist, who did not know I was on Zantac and they told me Zantac can do this and has had several patients experience this. Since I stopped taking Zantac I have slept full nights with no episodes & minimal to no anxiety. I have never had any experience like this prior to being on Zantac. I would NEVER recommend anyone take Zantac.”

McRocket · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2015

For GERD: “I had bad, wheezy coughing and doctors thought it might be COPD. Then, on a hunch, my great doctor thought the coughing might be due to my GERD so she suggested Zantac150 twice a day. What a difference! I still need an inhaler, but my cough is otherwise gone...and it was REALLY bad for months (even with inhalers). Been on Zantac for about 2 weeks - no discernible side effects.”

Mvir · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2018

For GERD: “I don't even know where to start. I have never felt more miserable on a drug in my life. Before taking it, I had suddenly been losing a ton of weight and having issues sleeping at night due to waking up cold, shaky, and ill-feeling. An urgent care doctor mentioned that I probably have gastritis and this was given to me. I am currently about three days in and I can't do it anymore. This morning, after taking my morning dose, I found myself almost immediately hit with incredible weakness, nausea, headache, and what must be a panic attack. It's horrible. This drug makes me feel like I'm going to fall asleep, but the second I close my eyes it feels like I'm on a roller coaster and start having unpleasant sounds and visions go through my head. I have actually found myself practically unable to eat most of the time while taking this, even less than I was previously able to without it.”

katlover · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2014

For GERD: “I am taking prescription Zantac 150 and not sure if there's a difference to the over the counter one but I love this medication. I had missed a week of work from throwing up every little thing even a sip of water and would be stuck there for over 30 minutes and had previously been sick almost every morning and occasionally during the day but always felt nausea and heartburn. Have taken Zantac 150 with prescription meclizine 25 mg and was feeling better the next day. I still get sick from time to time and feel like I lose a weeks worth of food but isn't everyday and nausea and heartburn got less aggressive. Haven't had any side effects. Totally recommend to anyone having stomach issues.”

Anonymous May 29, 2009

For GERD: “I love this medicine. I have the worst acid reflux, indigestion and nothing ever works. I've used so many other things but the only thing I have found that actually works is Zantac 150. I call it my miracle pill.”

marasaud May 7, 2017

For GERD: “My acid reflux has been so bad that I thought it was bile reflux. My mouth was sour all the time; my stomach was bloated all the time; I just felt sick. I tried half a dozen different things including Gasx, prilosec, gaviscon and others. None of them helped. I tried Zantac three days ago and have been taking two a day ever since and my symptoms are gone. Alka Seltzer gives me some immediate relief and I've been taking Alka Seltzer all my adult life, but Zantac just clears up the whole sour mess that has made my life miserable.”

Mama Mia · Taken for 10 years or more March 12, 2018

For GERD: “I get heartburn and acid reflux so bad it feels like I can’t breathe. This is the only medicine that works for me. I get relief in about 30 minutes. I have been taking this medicine frequently for the last 15 years with none of the side effects others have described. I do not go anywhere without this medicine - no exaggeration - I have a bottle in my car, my purse, my desk at work, my bathroom, and kitchen. It is a lifesaver for me.”

Emmaann March 14, 2009

For GERD: “I was put on this a long time ago. It says it has an interaction with the absorption of Cymbalta but I really haven't had that problem that I know of. I have been told to take one in the morning and one in the evening because my GERD is horrible. My son had to start taking them before bed each night for the same reason. I think his could be worse. He was told to start taking them when he was 11 he is now 18. I give Zantac 150 a grade of 120%. It works.”

Anonymously · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

For GERD: “I'm a young adult who experienced with GERD through my teenage years, finally got diagnosed with it at 18. Was on Zantac for a bit, but sadly it kept making me vomit to the point taking it overnight would wake up my in the middle of the night to vomit what I couldn't hold back. My doctor then prescribed pepcip (famotidine) and it works wonders while being gentle on the stomach, I recommend for others!”

Firebird7478 · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2017

For GERD: “Horrible side effects. My mouth and tongue swelled up. Difficulty swallowing which is why the doctor prescribed it for me in the first place. He said it was a symptom of "silent" acid reflux. Found a rash on my leg. Heart palpitations and massive stomach aches. Didn't do a thing for reflux or the belching and burping it was suppose to cure.”

Vanessa · Taken for less than 1 month July 15, 2019

For GERD: “I’ve been dealing with chronic nausea and vomiting for almost 20 years. It took 2 years to be diagnosed with GERD because it started out sporadic and kept getting diagnosed as gastritis. Finally started a PPI and life returned to normal. But after a few years, the Rx itself stopped working. So I’d switch to a different brand. Now as a SAHM (stay at home mother) with 2 small children, my current relapse left me useless and depressed since it’s my youngest son’s birthday. Antiemetics weren’t even helping anymore. But the on call Dr recommended Zantac and I almost instantly felt better! It hasn’t been a full 24 hours yet, so only time will tell if it keeps on working. But right now I’m so happy and grateful to be feeling myself again and able to enjoy my boy’s birthday!”

Pregnant with bad GERD · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2015

For GERD: “My pregnancy has brought on horrible acid reflex. I spend most of my days puking acid, and being on fire. This occurs from NOT eating, AND eating. I've never experienced anything like this fire. I've tried Nexium, tums, Maalox. None helped me. I bought Zantac just two days ago, and its made a change. I still have to be very strict on timing, and what brings on even harsher acid. HERE IS THE ZANTAC STEPS THAT WORK FOR ME. Eat, and let the acid come on. I don't take it till my food has gone down a bit. Maybe 30 mins after. Its hard to stand the sizzle, but if I take it too soon, I don't feel it. So I take it with a small amount of water at first. It's pretty intense, but fast working.”

SKET · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 19, 2013

For GERD: “Been using this now, doctor recommended last 3 months. I like the 150mg cooling mint Zantac. I have exhausted all other options, I'm eating smaller healthier meals every 2-3 hours and added even more exercise to my exercise plan but still have the GERD. I take this usually right after my dinner and right before bed if needed. It works wonders. During the day, I take ONE 20mg famotidine (Pepcid AC) usually in between my breakfast and lunch at work and that gets me through until after dinner.”

Pasha · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 7, 2018

For GERD: “Rantac or zantac both should be rated world no.1 medicine because every time I use it works and gives quick relief all stomach related problem. Since I have some digestion problem and if I forget to take rantac problems . But since I took it after my stomach all cleared and feel amazing health is back on track..”

Gjg · Taken for 10 years or more May 24, 2018

For GERD: “I have been using Zantac 150 for over 12 years, when stricken 1 Zantac will take effect within 30 to 45 minutes. When GERD is real bad I will take another in an hour and stops the symptoms until the next flare up, usually some time the next day. My life was almost unbearable before I started medicating with Zantac. Thank you so much for all the relief for so many years. Wish product was not so expensive,”

Gastroparesis Girl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 20, 2017

For GERD: “I had already been prescribed Protonix 40 mgs twice a day from my regular doctor, and when I went to my GI gastroparesis motility specialist, he found that I needed another GERD medicine as well so he prescribed me 150 mgs of Zantac to take at night before bed. It was controlled well, I thought, with the Protonix, but it's gotten even better with the Zantac. I hardly ever have food creep back up now and I don't burp nearly as much as I used to.”

AbiRN December 4, 2017

For GERD: “Ever since I put on weight, I’ve been experiencing occasional reflux (about once a week). I never knew how painful reflux could be. Another symptom I’ve been having is regurgitation and belching. At times, I’ll wake up coughing because I’m choking on regurgitate. It’s scary and leaves my esophagus and throat burning. ZANTAC is my go-to. It works every time. Tonight I had reflux and I felt it dissipate within 5 minutes of taking the Zantac tablet. The pain was completely gone in 10 minutes. I’ve also started sleeping with my head up about 30 degrees and that helps too.”

cvdixon29 July 19, 2018

For GERD: “It works great and it's very cheap OTC in the store brands. My insurance still covers the 150mg zantac in the generic form. I prefer zantac over nexium and prilosec. Both of the PPI's worked well, but I am a chronic pain patient and for some reason while taking nexium or prilosec it would inhibit the morphine ER from absorbing enough and my urine screens wouldn't show the morphine in my system when it was in there. I would stop the nexium or the prilosec, it happened with both of these medications. After I would stop them, The urine test would start to detect the Morphine ER. test. Both times my doctor sent me to the hospital to get other drug tests that did in fact show the Morphine ER in my system, so after that she put me on Zantac and I haven't had anymore issues. It works great, I don't have ulcers or anymore heartburn. I take 150mg once per day.”

pain girl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2018

For GERD: “I was in agony and vomiting 45 minutes ago, now after taking zantac I am exhausted, but pain free. Going to take a second pill so I get a full 24 hours of relief from pain and vomiting. My only qualm is waiting 45 mins for relief when you are in such pain seems like an eternity!”

Slocum C October 8, 2017

For GERD: “Stopped Nexium and Dr prescribed 150 mg generic Zantac (Ranitidine) twice daily. About 14 hours from the first dose the GERD was back in full force. At 3AM I resorted to 20 mg of Nexium and another 20 mg an hour later. Worst night in many years. Not sure if it takes time for this medicine to build up in my system but I can't suffer from GERD and it did not work the first day.”

Rlp August 22, 2019

For Indigestion: “I am one year post RNY gastric bypass. I have had severe stomach pain for the last week. My doctor almost hospitalized me due to this pain. He decided to have me take ranitidine 150 mg. I had this pain for nearly a week, about 45 minutes after the first dose, my severe pain was gone. Omeprazole was prescribed by my surgeon and it didn't help. The ranitidine is a life saver.”

Earth warrior · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 10, 2018

For Indigestion: “What a despicable amount of packaging for such a tiny bottle. Your brand is successful enough to not to need such a waste of earth’s resources to get the customer to notice it on the shelf when we are already looking for it. Please think of the future of our planet.”