User Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Lizzy · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2020

For Sinusitis: “I’ve had chronic sinusitis for years. Surgery, allergy testing, all sorts of medications, sinus rinse, antibiotics in the sinus rinses, have tried everything. Antibiotics in the sinus rinse are greatly effective but gave me oral thrush. Levaquin caused tendinitis in my elbow so I was very leary of this “cousin” quinolone drug. I was prescribed 14 days, but only taken 4 doses so far. The good news is my sore ear, throat and sinuses are much improved!! The insomnia and fuzzy head are pretty unpleasant but I’m so glad to feel better that I’m sticking with it. Trying to decide whether to take all 14 doses. I need to be able to go back to work in 3 more days. Praying I’ll be well enough to stop taking it by then.”

starrjazz · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

For Bronchitis: “I first took Zpack for my bronchitis but it did nothing. The doctor I saw prescribed me moxifloxacin and within 25 minutes, I has shaking, my hands were numb, my legs were tingling and I had had palpitations. I drank so much water to get it out of my system. I immediately stopped taking it. The following two nights, my legs were twitching.”

Mandels · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2020

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “This drug definitely saved my life! I began to see changes to my severe pneumonia condition after the 3 tablet with minimal side effects. Course completed: 10 tablets (one per day) Avelon (Moksifloksasien 400mg). After Effects: I continued to have a wheezing sound coming from my lungs for months afterwards even though I completed the course as instructed. Perhaps this was due to a secondary infection?”

Tin123 · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2020

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Was put on a 7 day course and was instantly dizzy, extreme dizziness that made it feel like the floor was moving when walking, it does work fast though but the dizziness and anxiety almost makes it unbearable”

MGUP · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I seem to tolerate this moxifloxacin flouroquinolone better than the others. Don't know why. Cipro gave me immediate joint/tendon pain in my left leg after one dose and I felt like I was dying from three days on Levofloxacin aka Levaquin.”

Minnie · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have mycoplasma genitalium. I’ve had it for nearly a year now. Was given other antibiotics before but they were not effective so now I’m on a ten day course with moxifloxacin. I was ridiculously scared to take the tablets after reading into it so much and seeing the possible dangerous side effects but decided I would do whatever it takes to get better. 4/10 days , I’ve had dizziness and fatigue , muscle ache , headaches that come and go , a little bit of tingling here and there in the arm , have also found myself getting very agitated and have been quite emotional. It’s not the easiest course to go through but things seem to be clearing up.”

Yessica · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Avelox was prescribed for my pneumonia and it’s my 5 day on it, 2 more to go... I feel like it’s helping but side effects are terrible. I have a lot of pressure on the top of my head, I feel dizzy and also my blood pressure gets really low. It’s awful and I don’t know how I’m going to take the last two pills ”

Abbasi · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2019

Avelox I.V. (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “This product has dramatic results in CAP”

dont October 22, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Have a prescription for moxifloxacin for Mycoplasma genitalium and side effects scare me so not sure yet. This post is in response to another I read and I want to say PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH OR THROW YOUR MEDS AWAY! TAKE THEM BACK TO THE PHARMACY to be disposed of safely. Don't allow them into our environment”

Cheetah · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 19, 2019

For Pneumonia: “Unfortunately.....I get pneumonia several times a year....and this drug works!!! The side affects are very harsh.....but....again...it works.”

Dustbunny1234 · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Been taking it for 7 days of the full 21. First few days vicious diarrhea and headache. No stomach problems. Muscles hurt anyways. Had Cancer treatment over a year ago left with me severe anal inflammation and anal ulcer. No results yet...still waiting and hoping!!”

Acb · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “I took a 7 day cycle of moxifloxacin for an infection and had the worst side effects extremely dizzy, agitated, tingling hands, tensed fingers, confused, severe panic attacks, depression, headaches and just all around in a fog. I’ve been off the medication for a week and I’m still experiencing these side effects it’s horrible!”

Longtime · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

For Prostatitis: “Been in pain for over 6 years. Semen analysis determined Mycoplasma Genitalia. Doctor tried 2 antibiotics first. One worked to fix pain after 2 weeks, but it came back 1 month later. Tried avelox for 1 month and pain was gone. 3 weeks after I had stopped taking it and pain came back. Day 1 of back on it now and it’s already giving some improvement. Going for longer treatment this time. But get checked for mycoplasma! It didn’t show up in blood or urine for 5 years before I did semen sample.”

Qureashi · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Zero result in ear infection.”

Iamsan · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Sinusitis: “This is the third round of antibiotics for an ongoing sinus infection. I am on day 16 and have 5 days left. I have not had any of the side effects mentioned in the other posts. I do take it before bed so that may be why. I have had a sore throat for 7 months and the day after taking my first pill it went away. I am suffering from major weight gain the past 7 days which is brutal. Just over 10 lbs. Hoping once my treatment is complete the weight goes away.”

Skip · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Moxifloxacin had me in the emergency room. It had me feeling like I was going to collapse. I ended up having 12 side effects when it was all said and done. This pill made me worse. The medication went straight in the toilet”

Cryp0z · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

For Bacterial Infection: “Had a flu and then resulting bronchitis, laryngitis and 2 ear infections. Was a total mess. Doc gave me these pills and felt a little better the next day and it's day 3 and improving lots. I did have some rapid heart rate (not too serious) and lack of sleep/appetite. Then again that might be from the flu on the tail end. So happy I am feeling better.”

at · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2019

For Sinusitis: “My doctor prescribed me this medication because after a different round of antibiotics I still was not feeling better. I took 1 dose of this drug at 6pm and within and hour my legs and arm were numb. I felt like I was having panic attacks with my heart racing plus I was unable to sleep. It lasted for about 15 hours. During the morning after through about early afternoon, I was still feeling very anxious but completely exhausted from not sleeping and I was in a complete fog. All I kept thinking to myself is when are these side effects going to end! I am not even thinking about taking the 2nd pill! Do not take this medication! The side effects are very dangerous!”

Lou · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I hope people taking this have better luck than me. After first dose I felt funny so I thought better eat with 2nd dose. Well I ended up in ER scared to death. Doc said my nerve endings were pulsating. Felt like a 1000 plus bees in my chest area..never again.!!!!”

Ssoee · Taken for less than 1 month September 28, 2018

For Pneumonia: “I was suffering symptoms from sinusitis (few months already) and uncontrollable coughing, couldn't breathe. Doc put me on amoxicillin, it didn't even touch my symptoms. Doc took x-ray, turns out I have pneumonia. She prescribed 400 mg/10 day course. I could definitely feel the medicine working it's way into my body. Crazy feeling! Anyway, I slept for about three days straight, I was exhausted from feeling so crappy. Just noticing on day 5, my sinuses are clearer, my ear is clear, and the coughing is more productive. The only side effects I have really noticed are tightening in my calf muscles, almost restless legs, and a bit of constipation. Oh, I also had a loss of appetite, but I was ok with it. Not sure if I'll be all better by end of treatment, but so far, so good. Pleased with the results.”

cldlnd · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2018

For Prostatitis: “20 days use. Culturological method showed Staphylococcus haemolyticus. There is no relief”

KPO August 8, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: “I was prescribed this medication plus Cipro for mild case of diverticulitis. Both are very heavy duty drugs. After my third dose I had a headache, nausea, I vomited, I was dizzy and I couldn't hold down so much as a bite of toast, though I was supposed to start eating something after 24 hours of a liquid diet. The side effects of this medication are far worse than the condition for which I was being treated. Always question when you are being prescribed two powerful antibiotics.”

Rick June 10, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I was diagnosed as having actinomycosis (lumpy jaw). First was put on amoxicillin and then changed to Avelox (now in week 2 of it). Will continue it for another month and a half, then will be switched to another antibiotic for a while. The Dr. is an infectious disease specialist and said that my condition takes a long time to cure. So far, no ill side-effects. The lumpy jaw came about after mouth surgery to remove a cancer, and so far (almost 2 years), no more cancer! I also had radiation and chemo for the cancer. Keeping on keeping on!”

P · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Awful side effects!! I was fatigued, trembling and experienced shortness of breath and tachycardia. I even started feeling knee pain after the second day of treatment. I couldn't sleep for three days and just had a mild improvement in my sinuses.”

Andra March 6, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Had a pretty nasty nasal infection with a rare bacteria. This was the 3rd round of antibiotics (the first two were not avelox!). Took Avelox for 7 days. It is a very strong antibiotic but it did the trick for me. Here's my advice: WHEN TO TAKE IT: Take it at night, this helps with some of the side effects (I got slightly dizzy, zoned out and sleepy). BOWEL ISSUES: Drink a lot of mint tea (to avoid diarrhea). I drank nearly 1 liter a day and had close to no problems. Take a strong probiotic (or drink yogurt! natural, no sugar or flavours) to avoid other possible problems after finishing antibiotic. I took double the normal dosage of probiotic just to be on the safe side. If female: take some antifungal ovules to avoid candida after finishing antibiotics (e.g. Canesten) STOMACH ISSUES: Take PPI to protect your stomach.(omeprazol, esomeprazol, nexium whatever is prescribed by doctor). Always take antibiotic 30 minutes after dinner to avoid stomach pain. Wishing you all the best!”