User Reviews for Moxifloxacin to treat Bacterial Infection

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Moxifloxacin Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1071 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

MGUP · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2020

“I seem to tolerate this moxifloxacin flouroquinolone better than the others. Don't know why. Cipro gave me immediate joint/tendon pain in my left leg after one dose and I felt like I was dying from three days on Levofloxacin aka Levaquin.”

Minnie · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

“I have mycoplasma genitalium. I’ve had it for nearly a year now. Was given other antibiotics before but they were not effective so now I’m on a ten day course with moxifloxacin. I was ridiculously scared to take the tablets after reading into it so much and seeing the possible dangerous side effects but decided I would do whatever it takes to get better. 4/10 days , I’ve had dizziness and fatigue , muscle ache , headaches that come and go , a little bit of tingling here and there in the arm , have also found myself getting very agitated and have been quite emotional. It’s not the easiest course to go through but things seem to be clearing up.”

dont October 22, 2019

“Have a prescription for moxifloxacin for Mycoplasma genitalium and side effects scare me so not sure yet. This post is in response to another I read and I want to say PLEASE DO NOT FLUSH OR THROW YOUR MEDS AWAY! TAKE THEM BACK TO THE PHARMACY to be disposed of safely. Don't allow them into our environment”

Dustbunny1234 · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

“Been taking it for 7 days of the full 21. First few days vicious diarrhea and headache. No stomach problems. Muscles hurt anyways. Had Cancer treatment over a year ago left with me severe anal inflammation and anal ulcer. No results yet...still waiting and hoping!!”

Acb · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

“I took a 7 day cycle of moxifloxacin for an infection and had the worst side effects extremely dizzy, agitated, tingling hands, tensed fingers, confused, severe panic attacks, depression, headaches and just all around in a fog. I’ve been off the medication for a week and I’m still experiencing these side effects it’s horrible!”

Qureashi · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

“Zero result in ear infection.”

Skip · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

“Moxifloxacin had me in the emergency room. It had me feeling like I was going to collapse. I ended up having 12 side effects when it was all said and done. This pill made me worse. The medication went straight in the toilet”

Cryp0z · Taken for less than 1 month March 5, 2019

“Had a flu and then resulting bronchitis, laryngitis and 2 ear infections. Was a total mess. Doc gave me these pills and felt a little better the next day and it's day 3 and improving lots. I did have some rapid heart rate (not too serious) and lack of sleep/appetite. Then again that might be from the flu on the tail end. So happy I am feeling better.”

KPO August 8, 2018

“I was prescribed this medication plus Cipro for mild case of diverticulitis. Both are very heavy duty drugs. After my third dose I had a headache, nausea, I vomited, I was dizzy and I couldn't hold down so much as a bite of toast, though I was supposed to start eating something after 24 hours of a liquid diet. The side effects of this medication are far worse than the condition for which I was being treated. Always question when you are being prescribed two powerful antibiotics.”

Rick June 10, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “I was diagnosed as having actinomycosis (lumpy jaw). First was put on amoxicillin and then changed to Avelox (now in week 2 of it). Will continue it for another month and a half, then will be switched to another antibiotic for a while. The Dr. is an infectious disease specialist and said that my condition takes a long time to cure. So far, no ill side-effects. The lumpy jaw came about after mouth surgery to remove a cancer, and so far (almost 2 years), no more cancer! I also had radiation and chemo for the cancer. Keeping on keeping on!”

Andra March 6, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Had a pretty nasty nasal infection with a rare bacteria. This was the 3rd round of antibiotics (the first two were not avelox!). Took Avelox for 7 days. It is a very strong antibiotic but it did the trick for me. Here's my advice: WHEN TO TAKE IT: Take it at night, this helps with some of the side effects (I got slightly dizzy, zoned out and sleepy). BOWEL ISSUES: Drink a lot of mint tea (to avoid diarrhea). I drank nearly 1 liter a day and had close to no problems. Take a strong probiotic (or drink yogurt! natural, no sugar or flavours) to avoid other possible problems after finishing antibiotic. I took double the normal dosage of probiotic just to be on the safe side. If female: take some antifungal ovules to avoid candida after finishing antibiotics (e.g. Canesten) STOMACH ISSUES: Take PPI to protect your stomach.(omeprazol, esomeprazol, nexium whatever is prescribed by doctor). Always take antibiotic 30 minutes after dinner to avoid stomach pain. Wishing you all the best!”

Mrsbakersfield · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “I will ALWAYS remember back in 1998 when I was prescribed Avelox 400mg. After taking one dose, this left me lethargic and a feeling of being in a catatonic state of mind! I literally felt over powered by this antibiotic. When I discussed it with my doctor, he educated me NOT to take any medications related to Avelox, such as Levaquin! Why? They're in the same family of drugs! (Quines)Do your research so you are well aware of what you're taking!”

Saipan Sam March 15, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Taken to address a long standing Prostate infection. On 4th day of a 20 day course (400 mg once daily). Side effects include: slight to moderate confusion and vertigo. Slight to moderate tinnitus, loss of appetite, pasty mouth, thirsty, mild tendonitis in left knee. I'm not my positive, engaging self and it's affecting my teaching (High School Chemistry). I drive a motorcycle so the vertigo and confusion symptoms are worrisome. I can deal with the above side effects provided they do not worsen. Prostatitis seems better but too early for any conclusions in that regard. I'm continuing with the treatment.”

Cdeanne33 · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Had a very resistant infection and was prescribed this medication. Went into anaphylactic shock after it stared digesting. Cold and hot sweats, drooling , splotchy skin color , swelling of throat, loss of feeling in left side of my body for 2 days and brief loss of consciousness until ambulance arrived. Just didn't work well with my body.”

malmudaf · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “please read my experience carefully. Months before i took Avelox, the landlord has sprayed all the complex with insect repeller, it was so strong that i felt i couldn't breath, i went straight away to the doctor which they administered ventollin and oxygen. i felt better, but ever sense i became extremely sensitive i could not smell perfumes or Dettol/gas station without feeling suffocated. months after, i got sick with flu, and theflu went to my chest and i couldn't breath and experienced pain in my chest. took to the hospital and was given nebulizer but didn't feel better, so they did an xray and gave me Avalox, i got all the side effects but it cleared it, and my asthma!!! not sensitive anymore! so to keep it short it it fixed my lungs”

Dontfeedthebears August 15, 2016

“Day 4 of this med. Had abscess on butt drained last Wednesday out of province, w/o a follow up prescription for antibiotics. Friday was in great pain and visited my my family Doctor who prescribed this med 400mg/10 days. Pain has subsided but wound is still draining and slightly swollen. None of the side effects mentioned by many are present for me, so far, but I do find the healing to be rather slow. Will see Doctor on day 6...if still draining then, I hope he will know why and make any necessary changes required! God bless u all!”

Dc2 June 11, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “My second time taking avelox for pneumonia. The benefits out weigh the side effects. I had most of the side effects associated with this medication. From feeling extremely weak and tired, anxious, fast heart beat, nausea, vomiting, headache. However it cleared up my pneumonia.”

2210 May 16, 2016

“I feel ill constantly on this meds. I am confused and my heart is pumping like crazy and the best thing is after 4 days there is no improvement of my ears. I just had nurse check my ears and it is still red”

justy1 March 23, 2016

“2nd day on the 400mg.....crazy side effects. Felt like a bad mushroom trip. Really messed me up. I swear I heard the sloshing around of blood pumping while completely zoned out”

Cathy in Florida March 16, 2016

“Was given Avelox due to being allergic to penicillin although the doctors have no idea what is causing my fever. Negative for strep, flu, white blood count is normal. I stopped taking this after my 2nd trip to the clinic, and the side effects that presented, I felt worse after talking this medication.”

Syd10 January 18, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Absolute best antibiotic I've ever used! I was feeling better within 2 days. No side effects. I've used it for both a UTI and Sinus Infection. Worked amazingly both times. I have a sensitive stomach and usually hate taking medication. But this stuff really works.”

Parsonwalker · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2015

“Just completed 10 day course. First two days minor improvement in breathing, but then relapse. I feel just as bad, plus now I'm tired all the time. Don't know if it is from medication or the fact I have asthma and I'm not getting 100% oxygen to my brain. This is my second round of antibiotics, first was doxycycline for 5 days. I have been living with this for 9 1/2 weeks. My coughing is really bad and congested. I frequently cough up phlegm. Also have bad post nasal drip.”

Bobtail222 May 13, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “At first it seemed to help, didn't connect the rash to the medication, then blurred vision, high anxiety, nausea, tightness in my chest & felt extremely ill, like I was going to die or have a heart attack.”

Arrott111 May 12, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “I get horrible side effects from literally every other antibiotic out there, except for Avelox. Of course all medications affect people differently, but I have never felt any of the effects people list here, except for a little fatigue. This medication works very well.”

Nursedonna April 25, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Took my first dose of Avelox while I was at work (I am a nurse). About 15-20 minutes later I began to itch on my neck, then my face and mouth began to swell and itch. Luckily I was at a place where I could get epinephrine on board right away to prevent an anaphylaxis reaction!”