User Reviews for Moxifloxacin to treat Prostatitis

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Moxifloxacin Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Prostatitis.

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Longtime · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

“Been in pain for over 6 years. Semen analysis determined Mycoplasma Genitalia. Doctor tried 2 antibiotics first. One worked to fix pain after 2 weeks, but it came back 1 month later. Tried avelox for 1 month and pain was gone. 3 weeks after I had stopped taking it and pain came back. Day 1 of back on it now and it’s already giving some improvement. Going for longer treatment this time. But get checked for mycoplasma! It didn’t show up in blood or urine for 5 years before I did semen sample.”

cldlnd · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 22, 2018

“20 days use. Culturological method showed Staphylococcus haemolyticus. There is no relief”

Mose30 · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “Started taking for Prostatitis for 20 days. I went to the gym which I was never told I shouldn't do, the next day tendon damage in wrists, fingers, elbow, shoulder and sternum. Been 6 days since the pain and still no relief, took 14 of the tablets and stopped. Hoping it goes soon as unable to work due to being a tradesman. Taking everything very carefully as do not want these issues with my leg, ankle and feet tendons. Oh and Prostatitis not cleared up.”

haml · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “I have been struggling with this a bacterial prostate infection (E Coli) for more than 3 years. Now finally after trying dozens of antibiotics, Avelox seemed to do a better job than Cipro or Levaquin, after 9 weeks I was cured.”

UKBr November 16, 2008

Avelox (moxifloxacin): “I had a terrible case of Chronic Prostatitis caused by enterococcus. All antibiotics that this bacteria was sensitive to would not enter the protaste gland properly. My doctor prescribed 6 others antibiotics before Avelox. Thank God Avelox killed this nasty infection. I had to take it for 6 weeks. After the second week I was feeling normal again (after 10 months of fighting). Magic little red pills.”

Learn more about Prostatitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)