User Reviews for Methotrexate systemic

Also known as: Folex PFS, Methotrexate LPF Sodium, Otrexup, Rasuvo, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Trexall, Xatmep

Ectopic Pregnancy

1 review 9 medications
UveitisNot rated - Be the first1 review 81 medications
Summary of Methotrexate reviews 7.0 197 reviews

Reviews for Methotrexate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on methotrexate for 6 weeks and have had no side effects. Has greatly reduced my RA symptoms along with 5mg daily dose of prednisone. I can walk again and no pain in hands. It’s worked well for me."

Gooddogs2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been on 15mg then 20mg for two years. Then developed constant explosive diarrhea, dizziness, and confusion. Judged to be allergic, and told to stop the medication immediately. The symptoms continue...how long before it gets better? I am not taking anything for RA right now after a week off methotrexate."

Maisie (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "This medicine is the worst. Do not take. My mom died of liver cancer because of this drug."

Ky girl (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 11, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "Been on and off methotrexate for the last 14 years. I got psoriatic arthritis at 22, now 36. It takes time to work, around 2-3 months. Folic acid every Thurs and Fri. I usually only have 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks at the weekend and liver ok. I also use Dandrazol 2% shampoo in my face, which seems to help the skin. Dry after and use tea tree moisturiser. Also, must take vitamin D over colder months. Rishi a natural drug also helps"

Anonymous October 1, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was put on Methotrexate over 3 years ago. The third week of injection I crashed. Confusion overall sick feeling had to take an antidote. This medication caused irritable bowel syndrome itching hives and just made me sicker. I would not recommend this medication."

Katy September 17, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Please don't take this medicine. My mother had taken this once a week for 12years, it did help her RA but not greatly, then she died suddenly. An autopsy confirmed this medicine destroyed all her blood cells."

Ccd August 29, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My family doctor and Rheumatoid specialists both suggested Methotrexate for my R.A. I read several sites and decided I would find my own way without this terrible drug. I went to India for Ayurvedic treatment, and as of today, not quite 2 years later, I have no pain, I have not suffered any side effects from this drug, and I can function normally. It pains me to see the accounts of people whose lives have been ruined by Methotrexate. There is a safer easier (and less expensive in the long run) to handle arthritis. Medical doctors will cringe to read this, but I'm living proof!!"

momsrh (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Otrexup (methotrexate) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I've been using Otrexup for several months now, increasing from a 10mg injection to a 20mg. I have had severe leg cramps in my thigh muscles since beginning this drug. However, I was injecting into the same leg and then leg(s) so maybe I will try the stomach. I am also on Rituxin infusions. These drugs have turned my health around; my RA is now manageable."

Momzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Methotrexate can ruin your lungs very quickly. I now have pulmonary fibrosis because two doctors insisted that it would be fine. They lie and tell you oh you just have interstitial lung disease but it usually stops..Do Not believe them! Take something else!"

Anonymous115 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Started on low dose about 18 months ago and gradually increased to 5 tabs weekly along with luecovorin (Folinic acid) since folic acid didn't stop side effects. Had horrible reactions to several other meds. Joints feel better most days except for flare-ups which is when doc says to increase. 8 months ago I started having severe abdominal pain, nausea, and sudden urgent bouts of diarrhea. RA doc said it's NOT MXT. Have had two internal and two external US, lab tests, endoscopy with seven biopsies, gallbladder functions test, etc. They only found that my stomach lining is inflamed. Saw three docs plus RA doc and I still say it's the MTX! Just increased the dose by 1 tab again and I barely made it to the toilet! Now they want to try removing my gallbladder to see if it helps even low no tests showed it's that!!! Pain is on upper right side at bottom of stomach and goes down from there four inches next to belly bottom. Also the GI doc ruled out appendix, diverticulitis, etc. HELP my belly pain!"

Cat (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 1, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "Effective for clearing the psoriasis from my skin but no joint relief. Also, the nausea and severe fatigue caused too much interaction with my daily life. I was on 30 mg a week."

karl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 28, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I hated this med! The exhaustion I experienced was completely disabling. Being in pain but awake was better than this."

LN (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My husband was prescribed Methotrexate in February 2016 for sudden severe RA. His symptoms improved. He also took Prednisone and NSAIDs. Early August 2016 he had started on the injectable and maximum dose of Methotrexate. At the end of August he was admitted to hospital with acute Bacteriaemia. He started Intravenous Antibiotics immediately. While on IV Antibiotics he noticed his RA symptoms had disappeared. Methotrexate was stopped immediately but continued on the Prednisone. He came home after a week . Now with Atrial Flutter that had to be ablated after a couple of weeks. The RA Dr would not give him any treatment as he had no symptoms of RA. when he visited. After about six weeks the RA symptoms returned we asked the Dr he could continue on the Antibiotics . She said no, but sent him to an Infectious disease Dr who started him on Minocycline. He is now pain free and active with no joint damage."

DrG2 June 15, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took one dose of three 2.5 mg tablets and it almost killed me. I ran a fever had chills,diarrhea, and couldn’t breathe well. I am now taking breathing treatments and hopefully will recover without any damage to my body."

Emme June 15, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I am a 40 year old male, and I have been battling psoriasis for about 5 year. It started at the top of my scalp, moved behind my ears and patches around scalp and hairline. It then move down to my waist line, my penis and to my butt crack . For years now, I have had numerous different diagnosis, and a multitude of medications and theories. I finally met one doctor and he said simply… “You have inverse psoriasis, we will put you on methotrexate, no more guesswork“ This is literally the third day I have been on methotrexate and all remnants below the belt are almost 100% gone… Behind my ear is going away and my scalp plaques are literally disappearing already. I am so excited."

Brad - Texas (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "It was good in the beginning after 6 years I was very sick."

Maritza Gonzalez (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I watched a good friend (with psoriasis) deteriorate on this vile drug, taken in rotation, 3 months on, 1 month off for over 3 years. 1 month off? Yes, to give the liver a 'chance to recover'. Really?! His liver suffered so badly, he died within 3 years - from liver and pancreatic cancer. From the beginning of being on this drug my friend's digestion suffered increasingly, as did his immune function. He was always in denial about the role methotrexate played in his poor health - because it did cure his hated psoriasis."

danske May 7, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Methetrexate was given to me for my RA at 15mg once a week by tablet. It gave me mouth ulcers, nausea, great fatigue for one or two days. My knees swelled up more while I was on it. I see a lot of folks take it, the best thing that has helped me is eating mostly vegetables and avoiding dairy , grains and nightshades, but every body responds to food differently."

Anne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "the worst medicine in the market, it almost kill me for I developed Methotrexate induced pneumonia, and I was in the hospital for a week, and developed fibrosis of the lungs. Before you take this HORRIBLE medicine consult with your doctor for an alternative................... had I known what this medicine does to your body I would have never taken it."

Dorian March 4, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "The first two weeks were difficult. I had headaches, Nausea and no appetite. But by third week, I was feeling better. I told doctor about my reaction to the drug and she put me on Self Injection of drug, once a week. I cannot tell you how much better I feel. But then I thought WAIT, what if I had been going through a remission episode? Either way, I have never felt better. Now I am going to start a rotation of Infusions. I feel like someone got something right for a change. I totally credit my excellent doctor and her choice of treatment, Years and years of constant pain was almost more than I could take. But I was in so much pain that any reduction felt like a cure"

Oregon girl February 6, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I took the maximum dosage of this medication for 10 years and toward the end, the side effects were horrible. It did a wonderful job of keeping my Psoriatic Arthritis at bay but at a cost. Fatigue is terrible. I would take it Saturday night so that initial side effects occurred while I slept. Every Sunday was a sleep day. My stomach felt like it was burnt. The last straw was psychosis and depression which gradually and subtly developed over time. I told my doctor I refused to take this medication anymore. She prescribed Enbrel and I am much happier. It works well without the "MTX Hangover.""

Tom K. (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2018

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: " Please don't take this medicine. It eventually will cause liver, kidney and other ailments. It made my moms overall health deteriorate "

Maelizzy January 22, 2018

For Psoriatic Arthritis: "I started on Sulfasalazine in 1997 and have been on methotrexate for about 18 months. I have noticed hair loss and sleep problems and mood changes and memory fuzziness, I have to write things down or I forget them. The days I am off Methotrexate my hands swell up and I also fall a sleep in the afternoon ."

Inspector Gadget December 15, 2017

For Psoriasis: "Have done 3 'rounds' of this, 4 weeks each and have never been so exhausted, sick to my stomach and out of it. It helped clear up the Guttate psoriasis and inverse psoriasis but didn't do much for the psoriatic arthritis."

Redfear (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2017

For Psoriasis: "Sooo I'm 26 been suffering 5 years. It started in my scalp and then spread to my ears eye lids elbows knees and little patches on my torso. Last year to my horror it decided to make an appearance on my penis and stayed and got worse for the whole year. At this point I was as low as a man could be. Constantly on my mind constantly severely depressed with it and was annoyed with things that don't work. I was in lots of pain and self confidence non existent just wishing for a life with nice skin. Three weeks ago I was put on methotrexate. One week later my penis was totally and i mean totally clear and has stayed clear "

Snapchat- tommy199003 November 21, 2017