User Reviews for Methotrexate

Also known as: Folex PFS, Methotrexate LPF Sodium, Otrexup, Rasuvo, Rheumatrex Dose Pack, Trexall

Learn more about Methotrexate.

Reviews for Methotrexate to treat Ectopic Pregnancy

"My Methotrexate injections made me feel like absolute trash, BUT I am so thankful for this medication because it kept me from needing exploratory surgery to find my ectopic pregnancy. My ectopic was caught very early on due to being monitored with an RE. My number never went above 285. I was given the injection on 10/18/16 and my HcG levels were back down to negative as soon as 11/1/16. The only downside (other than the physical side effects) is that we have to wait 3 more months to try again because the drug can cause birth defects. I felt very weak and tired for a few weeks after my injection but after less than 1 month I'm starting to feel like myself again. If you're reading this and just found out you're having an ectopic-I'm so sorry."

MTXthrowaway November 16, 2016

"Ectopic pregnancy, 11 weeks. Was not warned about the side effects other than I would have cramping and pain. Day 1 after methorexate not too bad, definitely nauseous & lower back cramping, then toward the end of day 2 and day 3 & 4 I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Terrible nausea, felt like my body was made of lead, no strength, no energy, strong labor like pain & all over malaise."

valley view (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2015

"Felt like the top of my head was sore and got electrical sensations throughout the spot, on the top of my head, 2 days after injection and worsening on the 3rd day of the injection."

Anonymous January 4, 2011

"I was given this drug for an ectopic pregnancy, at 6 weeks. It's a slow process and the pain is still there but so far have been followed every week and it seems that its been working in my case the Bhcg (pregnancy hormone) level is going down. Exprerienced some side effects."

Anonymous October 24, 2008