User Reviews for Meloxicam

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2.7
Summary of Meloxicam reviews 6.4 470 reviews

Reviews for Meloxicam

Cinammon September 9, 2020

For Tendonitis: “Diagnosed with tendonitis. Given by my dr. meloxicam 15mg. I been taking it for a month with a glass of milk to prevent stomach damage every morning and haven’t seen much progress! No side effects so far, but can risk it if it’s not even helping much! I’ll stop it.”

Sickofpain August 23, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Arthriris lower spine, stenosis, 5 disc drying out. Meloxicam was unfortunately no help at all.”

Becca · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2020

For Pain: “meloxicam does not work for me. Have spinal stenosis and this does nothing. Well it does do one thing which IS KEEP ME UP ALL NIGHT LONG! Do not take if you have trouble sleeping. I will never take this again!”

Sky · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2020

For Pain: “I have been taking meloxicam for two weeks for knee pain stiffness and it worked good for the pain but the side effects are not good..stomach cramps and dark stool..I stopped taking it”

Toni · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 18, 2020

For Pain: “I have pain in my right leg.. This drug meloxicam was prescribed to me at 10mg, did nothing. The over counter pain relievers were better.”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 17, 2020

For Pain: “My pain issues are from 7 herniated discs, degenerative back disease, arthritis in my hips, and saying this medication meloxicam gave me my life back is not an exaggeration. I was using an ace bandage to keep bags of ice on my lower back almost all day. Applying bio freeze all day long. Sleep was almost impossible no matter what I did. Within 4 days of starting meloxicam I was able to weed my flowerbeds ( had been hiring a service for 2 years because it was excruciating) I sleep through the night and wake up bit stiff, but not sore.”

Neena · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

For Pain: “I have had lower R back/hip pain for several years. It was increasingly interfering with daily activities and some days I could barely walk and trying to get to sleep at night was torture. My Dr gave me Meloxicam, 15mg. Almost pain-free after one dose. And after 2nd day I had complete pain relief. Unfortunately I developed bilateral lower edema. I stopped taking the med a few days ago and the edema has resolved. Tonight I will try 7.5mg. Hoping I can still get relief without the side effects. Definite 10/10 without the side effects.”

Syd · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “It works!!! Nothing else gave me 100% relief of the burning ache in low back. My doctor told me to start taking omeprazole otc when he gave me the prescription for meloxicam since it can be hard on your stomach. No side effects only tremendous pain relief. I take 7.5mg in the morning with breakfast and 7.5mg in evening with dinner. Absolute wonder drug. Wish it had been prescribed to me 2 years ago! It is better than epidural injections, better than prednisone, chiropractor, physical therapy, massages, cold gel packs, muscle relaxers, stretching, advil, tylenol, naproxen, hydrocodone; Meloxicam blew everything else I tried out of the water. I felt it helping within about 3 days and recommend taking with food and starting omeprazole.”

Isabella2Grace1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Pain continued - no relief after taking meloxicam for a couple of days. Side effect was constipation.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “My total knee replacement has failed my doctor prescribed Meloxicam and does absolutely nothing for my inflammation and pain.”

Kristi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2020

For Pain: “This brand did not work well for me. Some days I felt as though I had not taken anything at all.”

MoFirefighter · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

For Pain: “Retired Missouri Firefighter after 40 yrs, now 60 yoa, been on many OTC pain relievers for years, only one or two helped occasionally. Injured my lower back on a rescue call 38 yrs ago, lower back pain since, now sciatic pain in both hips daily, joint pain in my hands, fingers, wrists, knees from injuries on fire calls over the yrs, now degenerative disc disease, my doctor recommended I try Meloxicam...I took it that evening at 5 pm. I realize it may not work for others, but OMGosh...it works WONDERS for me !! He prescribed it for my back pain...let me tell you, it WORKS on ALL my pains and the relief starts within 15 minutes of taking it, and get this, lasts for more than 24 hours a day !! Found out one day when I ran out recently and couldn't get the pharmacy to refill it for a couple of days...one pill for me lasts for about 28 hours...helps me sleep better too...I am on this for life and I can do anything I want all day long, without pain and no side effects...I feel blessed !!”

Maria April 30, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I’m 32 and weight about 192lbs. First dose of 15mg meloxicam today. I have lower back issues with disc degeneration and herniated I think. Anyway I randomly get episodes where it’s so painful to do anything from sitting, getting up, to barely standing much less upright unless I’m holding on and leaning most of my weight on to furniture, trying to sit or stand, bending, have to be creative about wiping myself and pulling my underwear and pants up using my toes and wash my hands, pain laying down or take a couple steps to walk. These tasks wipes me out and makes me not want do them again because I just might not make it back to bed and call an ambulance. I was instructed to take this on the days I get an episode. On a scale of 1 - 10 my mobility/ functionality during an episode is a 2/10. I rate this medication a 3/10 on its most effective hour: 6hrs after taking it. It helped a little I made it to the bathroom twice in one evening but still using furniture to lean and hold on.”

Steeleone · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2020

Mobic (meloxicam) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been prescribed 4 different arthritis medicines... Mobic being one of them. Took as directed and took for a minimum of 3 weeks. It didn't help me at all. Steroids seems to be the only thing that help. Had fluid removed from both knees within a week of each other, and then knee surgery (subchondroplasty) in February. I have found no surgery and no medicine has helped. Within a couple days of being off the steroids, both my knees will swell up and I have to use a walker or crutches to walk more than 2 feet.”

Jerry · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Pain: “I’ve tried & quit meloxicam twice. Both times I couldn’t handle side effects after about 5-6 days. It did help with hip pain, but not worth it. I’m switching to thee 800mg ibuprofen per day or only as needed. I’m scheduled for replacement soon.”

Rosalind · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

For Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This drug meloxicam did not work for me! In pain a whole month before I realized it and switched back to another pharmacy”

Looking for relief · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

For Pain: “I have been taking Meloxicam for about 2 weeks now for a torn shoulder muscle (labrum). The 15mg I am prescribed is absolutely useless. I'm gonna try doubling and pray that it helps. This opioid crisis is scaring doctors from prescribing a true pain reliever. Last 30 years Drs prescribing left and right and now when it is really needed they are scared. Im very upset.”

Jc · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “I have been using meloxicam 15mg for knees and shoulder pain for over one month with no relief.”

TA · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was prescribed Meloxicam for a strained AC joint in my shoulder. I experienced significant improvement (pain relief) after taking just 2 doses. I had been in pain for 3 months with limited movement. Now that the pain is minimal, I can put on over-the-head shirts and wash my opposite shoulder without a struggle.”

S1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “I was prescribed 15mg meloxicam for what was initially thought to be a herniated disc but later confirmed to be S1 joint dysfunction. I was unable to sit comfortably and in significant pain.... until this was prescribed. Within ONE day I had almost complete relief. I did not experience any side effects. I took every morning with food. Due to long term effects I now only take when really in need. Within one day of stopping my pain did return but more manageable. Nonetheless the quick response to this makes this A+ for me!”

Wade ski · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Amazing drug. Worked a treat for years of pain from RA. Turned my life around”

gonecrazytoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2020

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: “This medication was given to me by my physician last fall. Absolutely USELESS. I am not big on pain medications in the first place, so to be given on that is useless is very disappointing. I would NOT recommend this medication to ANYONE with RA. It helped a small bit with Osteo.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2020

For Inflammatory Conditions: “Was prescribed this medication due to a possible spinal injury to help reduce the swelling to keep me comfortable until the official diagnosis. The 7.5 mg helped some, the 15 mg helped so much more. Unfortunately the side effects are too much and I’ll be asking my doctor for over the counter options. I have been completely spaced out since starting it; feeling like I’m high. I’ve also experience stomach pains, bad headaches, dizziness, and just all around not normal. I definitely don’t recommend this medication.”

Ba · Taken for less than 1 month January 24, 2020

For Osteoarthritis: “Started meloxicam Jan 07, 2020 felt relief real quick, can't remember minutes to hours, didn't realize hip and knee was feeling better. Don't take daily only taken six pills since Jan no side effects works for me. Still taking med when required”

Libby January 21, 2020

For Tendonitis: “My injury was strain of pelvic joint where it attaches to backbone Took Meloxicam 15mg as prescribed for two weeks. Did very little to relieve pain. After two weeks almost no improvement. It did not stop pain, maybe muted it for about 17 hours then nothing at all. It was suppose to last 24 hours. Had to supplement it with Tylenol. Now switching to Diclofenac so we will see.”