User Reviews for Lorazepam

Status Epilepticus 6.7
Summary of Lorazepam reviews 8.0 865 reviews

Reviews for Lorazepam

Jen · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 18, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “This is a wonderful drug but should not be taken daily. I get ten pills per month. I take them when I have a bad bout of anxiety or insomnia etc. It resets me and stops the panic attack cascade that can happen from nights of insomnia. It parts the waves and allows me to pass through the difficulty. It can make you a little emotional after you stop if you take it a few days. I would not take it more than two or three consecutive days. It can be addictive. It can cause a little forgetfulness. For the most part I felt totally normal. It doesn’t have a weird affect it just takes away the gross fear. I’ve been taking .5-1mg several times per month for 5 years. I average 10 pills per month and have no issue stopping cold turkey. Benzos can be difficult to get off if you take them too frequently so beware.”

Louise · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 10, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have been taking a low dose of lorazepam for years. The last two months I have been feeling different when I take it. Also the pills seem to have a different texture. Sure enough, I called the pharmacist and was told they changed manufacturers two months ago and cannot order from the original manufacturer any longer. Obviously it makes a difference in the manufacturers!”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 6, 2020

For Insomnia: “I was prescribed lorazepam, for anxiety attacks and sleep. The first five pills I had lasted a year. After took one pill I fell asleep within one hour and woke up feeling refreshed. I find myself using it once a month now. I really think its great short term fix when paired with a long term plan (citalopram)”

Jolene · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

For Anxiety: “I've been on ativan for only 2 months. At first it worked. Then, I had to take more to get the same calming effect. Now, it makes me feel nausea, headachy, dizziness. I feel awful. And, it hardly takes away the anxiety. I take it to keep the anxiety from coming back, --- 2 mg per day. On top of that, I've developed low blood salt or hyponatremia, a potentially very dangerous condition that has been linked with ativan. I so wish I'd never started it. I see an endocrinologist in 2 days, I so wish I'd never taken ativan and want my former energy and self back, Instead, I feel dull, depressed and miserable. I'm going off ativan (weaning off, which I hear is hard) as soon as possible!!!”

Sibyan · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I'm consuming this drug on prescription for the last 3 years after switching too many medicine this drug suit me well the only cons is. It effects and calms me from my panic attacks between half and hour to 2 hours some time. I take two pill in rough night and the result next morning is severe headache and very dry throat until I take shower and eat something. Later in day it fades away..”

Samantha · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2020

For Anxiety: “Ativan worked a little bit the first time I took it, and I only took it in emergencies when my anxiety was really high. But it lost its effect after a while to the point where it did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't have any issues with withdrawal or side effects, no drowsiness. I wonder if I even took the pill correctly! Anyway I'm on a different medication now so hopefully that actually works for me.”

Lu Lu · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

For Anxiety: “About 2 years ago I started having panic attacks whenever I left the house, and I had terrible insomnia. I was also diagnosed with social anxiety, so I would always feel edgy when around people and this made me quite depressed. I started staying by myself and not going out much. My doctor prescribed 0.5 mg of Lorazepam. I've been taking it almost everyday for one month, and I feel a sense of calm and relief. My mind isn't racing anymore and I'm able to sit still and relax. I'm also sleeping better, and I'm able to concentrate more. I started going out in public again, and I've actually been able to enjoy myself. This medicine is a life-saver for me. I've had some drowsiness, but I just drink a cup of coffee and this helps me to feel alert, but still calm. Now that I'm able to leave the house again, my depression is getting better. I'm a little worried about building a tolerance to this medicine, but so far it's been helping me get my life back on track.”

leslie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2020

For Anxiety: “The best medication for anxiety panic attack has nothing on atarax or benadryl. That's why they offer it to everyone who walks into a psych emergency and continue to offer it until you are discharged.”

Rhilets · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 17, 2020

For Status Epilepticus: “I take Lorazepam when I feel 'wobbly' and a seizure could be coming on and it immediately stops the seizure activity in its tracks. I've had epilepsy for 20 year and ever since I had the option to take a rescue med such as lorazepam about 5 years ago, I haven't had any seizures at all. I am conscious of the addictive nature of the medication though and I can see that I am becoming more dependent on it during times of minor anxiety so I might need to address that. The doctor is very cautious and only prescribes 20 every two months so I need to moderate my intake.”

Parry · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I took 0.5mg dose of lorazepam three times a day almost for 3 years. My doctor retired. The psychiatrist he prescribed me klonopin, told me it has less side effects. I tried for over a year.I experience headache dizziness lack of energy extremely fatigue, cannot think my is eyes are swelling. After a year I told him please gave me my old medication (lorazepam). He prescribed me double dose 1mg 3 times a day. I doing much better now. I am going to taper this medication when I reached at the level comfort.”

crazydaisy · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I was first prescribed Ativan for debilitating panic attacks. I was very sick with Lyme disease, and my anxiety went through the roof. My doctor gave me only 10 pills and cautioned me against regular use. I should’ve listened. I wound up in the ER a week later, and they prescribed me a month’s worth of Ativan, 0.5 mg 3x daily. At first, I swore this was a miracle drug. I felt so much better. No more panic attacks! However, I’ve now been on them for just 5 weeks and started experiencing interdose withdrawals. After 6 or 7 hours I start shaking and panicking. It wakes me from my sleep. I’m now tapering down my dose, and I feel horrible. High anxiety, dizzy, sensitivity to light and sound, and more. I’m so upset and I really hope I can go back to normal after this. Please use caution when taking this drug! You CAN get addicted after only a few weeks.”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I still have some anxiety in the mornings. So I take my 0.5 mg of lorazepam between 8 and 9 am.”

Kellymoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

For Anxiety: “The best works for me 1mg in a morning”

T19 · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “Has anyone had very bad heartburn after using Ativan? I couldn’t even swallow because my throat burns so bad after taking this medication Thanks”

Remington Steele · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2020

For Nausea/Vomiting: “I have been taking Ativan for five years now for nausea and anxiety. Originally it was just for nausea. They gave me Zofran which worked but I couldn't take the side-effects and Compazine which didn't seem to do anything. When they gave me Ativan at 1mg taken three times per day as needed, my nausea went away and I was calm. The only thing is (and I'm sure it's the doctor's fault) I get 60 pills in one bottle to take 3 times per day. I'd run out of pills in 20 days! So I have to use them sparingly. I don't know how I made it through back when I was on the Cisplatin / Taxol combination. It helped tremendously but sometimes wore off a couple of hours early and I'd start vomiting. But with all the other chemo drugs it worked like a charm. I guess Cisplatin is just an extremely strong drug. Maybe if they gave me 2mg I'd have fared better.”

Vod Kanockers · Taken for less than 1 month June 29, 2020

For Light Anesthesia: “Ativan is a wonderful drug for dental work. I was prescribed one valium before I got there and ativans were given throughout 4 extractions. I never felt a thing and even thought that he only pulled 1 cos I asked and he said nope we are done. Even got rest of my teeth cleaned. Not sure if was before or after extractions. Had to have someone drive and when went to drugstore to get pain pills I was thirsty and told my friend I was gonna get a bottle water and came out with a whole case. Have no clue why but must thought I may be thirsty later. Highly recommend for sedation and dentistry over any other.”

Mic June 24, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Medication works great and how it is supposed to. I was on generic lorazepam and would find the quality would differ based on manufacturer and it wouldn’t affect me. After switching to brand the effects are more consistent and it seems so much more potent. It was a fight getting my insurance to completely cover it but it was worth it. 0.5mg and I’m so tired and don’t have any anxiety to worry about. Calms my panic and helps with nausea quite a bit.”

Fhj · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Insomnia: “Took it at 9.30pm. Still wide awake at 3. 22am”

Mic · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “I had problems with generic clonazepam and them not working. Only some did. My doctor switched me to lorazepam because it’s more “potent” but my generic by LEADING PHARM doesn’t work at all!!!!!! I thought not again! Called my CVS and now I’m stuck waiting for approval for Ativan brand name. I took this exact same medication in the ER for panic 1mg and the LEADING PHARMA lorazepam is either sugar or 1/4 strength. Extremely disappointed in the regulation of generics. Putting lactose in pills really? I’m diabetic and lactose intolerant so they won’t work for me. Annoyed and waiting for a version of lorazepam that works.”

EncourageSomeone · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2020

For Panic Disorder: “This medication is great brand name. Do not get leading pharma they do not do anything. I’m so disappointed and am left to take my clonazepam. I like the med but highly unstable with generics.”

Melly · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

For Anxiety: “I have severe anxiety disorder. And Lorazepam is my life saving drug. Last time I was taking 2.5 mg/day of it for 5 months and I got addicted to the pills. My doctor prescribed me Trazodone to help me overcome my Lorazepam addiction. And just after 1,5 month I was completely okay again. Those who struggle with the Lorazepam addiction, ask your doctor about Trazodone treatment. I live in Italy and here it's a common treatment for Lorazepam addiction.”

Honey bunny donuts · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Anxiety: “I have been on Ativan 1mg for almost three years now and whenever I’m super angry, anxious, jumpy it works wonders. For the past week I’ve been crying uncontrollably because of certain things going on and when people don’t show me any concern or comfort me I get irrationally angry and even chased my little sister for showing no sympathy. I’m a 23 year old woman and she’s a 16 year old girl so she’s got her own problems. I immediately took an Ativan and within 20 minutes they kicked in perfectly. I didn’t have an urge to cry anymore, I felt calm and relaxed, And kind of high and had a rational thought process. This is what effects Ativan usually has on me and sometimes I feel goofy and laugh at the most random things. But regardless I ❤️ This drug and couldn’t ask for better. I’ve been on clonazepam that’s ok but not as good as Ativan and I’ve been on Xanax once at the hospital but that made me even more anxious and my muscles jerked. I love Ativan so much”

Chris May 10, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I have had panic disorder, agoraphobia, and severe anxiety for 10 years, so I need something like Ativan that sedates me and calms me down when I get hysterical. After numerous trips to the ER and every time I went there they gave me this. Finally talked to my psychiatrist and got the prescription so I don't have to go to a hospital for my severe panic attacks. Medications I used to take made me feel like I was going crazy lol. Unlike other medications I have tried in the past there is really not any side effects besides it makes you a little drowsy. This is a true lifesaver for a person who could not otherwise function. This helps with how debilitating panic attacks and severe anxiety can be. I would highly recommend this and I have tried countless other remedies but this one tops all.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Nausea/Vomiting: “Don't you believe it! I was admitted to hospital for colitis. They gave me every nausea medicine and it didn't work then gave me Ativan. It didn't work either. The only reason they gave it to me was by then they thought my complaint was psychosomatic and wanted to prove me a liar by showing that Ativan stopped my symptoms so my complaints were not real only anxiety. Useless drug Ativan. Don't use it.”

fusebird · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 12, 2020

Ativan (lorazepam) for Sedation: “agree with post above - xanax or klonopin are similar and stronger; will get the job done better. and Klonopin is probably the better than xanax; many reports show x is more addictive but k is more effective. ”