User Reviews for Lupron Depot

Learn more about Lupron Depot.

Uterine Fibroids 22 reviews 6 medications

Prostate Cancer 6 reviews 52 medications

6.7
Endometriosis 75 reviews 167 medications

6.1
Summary of Lupron Depot reviews 103 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lupron Depot

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis after I had a laparoscopy. My doctor suggested lupron depot for six months (2 shots). I have been on lupron depot for almost 3 months where it is time to get my second shot. I am almost sure I will not get the second shot. I am in worst pain than I was before the shot and I have had NON STOP bleeding. You are not supposed to be bleeding while on lupron especially for three months. I have an appointment with my doctor soon about my next step. The medicine is supposed to rid you from pain-but for me it caused it to worsen. In regards to other side effects such as hot flashes, depression, mood swings, etc I don't have any of that! Bottom line, I wish I never would have got this medicine."

Sweetpea77 January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I suffer from terrible cramps and fibroid. I do take a low dose birth control, that sometimes barely helps my cramps. I was given the 1 dose a month, 6 month treatment after my GYNO could barely do a vaginal ultrasound for one of my visit and I had been having a "period" off and on for over 3 months. The fibroid was so large, it obstructed the movement of the wand thingy. I've been on it for 5 months, the 1st month, I still got my awful period and spent my usual $50 on pads and Advil, just as heavy. But by the 2nd month, bye bye Aunt Flo and it's been pretty okay except for the hot flashes,weight gain, tiredness and the sore hips, soles and ankles. The sore hips, soles & ankles don't hit until the 4th month. The hot flashes just suck!"

CDM85 December 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "My rating is based SOLELY on symptoms, I am unsure about the effectiveness being that I haven't checked my fibroid size yet to see if it has suppressed. To furthermore explain, I was diagnosed with a large fibroid about 10cm (outside my uterus) through a CT scan. I'm 28, no children, but hoping to conceive in my early 30s, therefore I chose to go on with the Lupron shot (3.75) to hopefully shrink the fibroid for surgery early next year. After reading the side effects, I was terrified and put this off for a year and a half. I have had ONE symptom and that is I do notice that my (face) is a bit clammy/dry. Just wishing I never put it off due to fear. I just finished my first month. Will update how month 2 went in January!"

Meli P (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "At age 42 I had partial hysterectomy (uterus only) to remove large fibroids. (daughter was born when I was 32). Dr found stage IV endometriosis. He left my ovaries and said he never wanted to do surgery again - endo everywhere. He suggested Lupron to arrest the Endo. It took me a year to start Lupron. I had to contact a foundation to qualify to receive the medication for free. I did two 3 month shots. I remember some hot flashes, nausea & a few mood swings but it passed fairly quickly. Now, I am 46 and in full menopause. I have osteopenia with some degenerative disc issues. Chronic back pain hurts most when laying on stomach in bed. But I do not use pain meds or H.R.T. I hope the brain fog & other symptoms continue to improve."

Hystomommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "Finally, something that worked for my fibroids! Yay"

Tammy52221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I have endometriosis and adenomyosis and pain was scary and I became bedridden some of the days.I had my first Lupron 11.25 mg on June 2016.I am suffering following side effects but I will continue this medication as pain from endo and adeno is worse then side effects. - Swelling at feet - Weight gain - 6kg in 6 months - Increased sweating - Hot flash suffered only first month of this treatment - Fluid retention - Carpal tunnel - Forgetful - Growth of upper lip hair - Slipped disc and compress of the right leg nerves I am going to take second injection soon and after that I will go for Hysterectomy. Btw I am just 36:(."

Ei Phyu Soe December 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "During my early 30's, I had 2 laporoscopies and 1 laparotomy for severe endometriosis but had no relief from pain. At 34, I had my 1st Lupron Depot shot. It eliminated my pain completely. The only side effects were hot flashes and irritability. The side effects were EXACTLY what I am experiencing with menopause now at the age of 58. I did not have any joint pain or other side effects. After 6 months of shots, my primary care physician advised that bone loss could result from prolonged treatment, so we stopped treatment. As an alternative, I was put on low dose birth control pills which I took every day to stop my periods. Should have done this to begin with! No pain and no side effects!"

Doinggreat December 1, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 5 Endometriosis, back in the early 90's. My Dr. suggested to me the Lupron shots.. The reason we did not do the surgery at that time, I was young and wanted children, so to help with the awful pain, and miserable time of the month, we started Lupron Injections. Let me say, the side effects were awful! THE HOT FLASHES, I wanted to go out into the snow naked to cool off. The mood swings were out of control, however I was put through the menopause stage and no periods, that was heaven. I was on the injections for 6 months, then after I was off the wicked horrid pain and cycle started. The weight gain was insane. I had to go back on the injections, but since the weight gain, I quit after the 2nd injection."

Nasty Endo (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "So I had BAD adverse affects to the Depo Provero shot.. SO bad that I lost my job. I had bad fevers for 6 months.. It felt like my body was on FIRE..No energy and it triggered hypothyroidism in me. I'm only 37. I have finally got to feeling better, the shot is out of my system as of a couple weeks back, losing weight now. No period yet, but my gyno said the next thing he could do is Depo Lupron.. needless to say I'm TERRIFIED! It's only the month shot, but I'm still scared to death. I already suffer with mental illness. I just wanted a hysterectomy to get this nightmare over with, so I could get back to life and never worry about this crap again. If you have any insight, let me know Thx."

RobynDyan November 13, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I got a month shot right when I was about to start period. Period ended up lasting about 12 days. I was told night sweats and menopausal symptoms would happen but I did NOT expect the suicidal urges (I've been diagnosed with depression but it was manageable before this shot), migraines - worst migraines I've ever experienced in my life, nausea, cankles. I've had to take roughly 5 days off of work just in the last 3 weeks and I may even lose my job. I am so irritable and cannot sleep for the life of me. I wake up at least 30 times a night. I'd rather have my excruciating menstrual cramps than go through this ever again. My body did NOT like this AT ALL!"

skahlua912 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "This drug ruined 11 years of my life & continues to do so. I was given no addback therapy, nor told of any side effects, only the leaflet to read at home AFTER I'd already been given 3 month Lupron shot & told it will help my excruciating Endometriosis pain. After reading leaflet in it's entirety I immediately called my OB/GYN & asked about addback, Calcium & lots more questions. I was scared of all side-effects listed on the leaflet & wished I had known about them before (I'd have refused) or that I could UNDO the shot! He told me worst that may happen are few hot flashes. My pain worsened, I got OSTEOPOROSIS, lost several teeth & couldn't walk unasisted for 6mths. THIS IS TRULY A HORRIBLE DRUG!!!"

Alma Ducky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "Started almost a month ago, I just got over my period when I recieved the injection, I started my menses about week and half after injection, they said this is normal, overall pain is a tad worse, the drs also said that would happen, I'm not giving a full rating on it yet, I haven't been on it long enough, they are trying to shrink a 3 inch abdominal wall endometriosis, I will have to stay on the drug for a year, also been prescribed norethindrone, haven't really had the side effects listed with this drug, not sure I will later on or not."

Angmtt (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I started this about 6 -7 weeks ago after laparoscopy for small endo on my bowel and top of cervix was unsuccessful. The first month was a nightmare. Started with worsening pain symptoms and an extra-long last period. Mood swings were outrageous. Crying, all the time and a little feet/ankle swelling. Started adding back therapy and spironolactone a week ago and as I reach the end of month two, I'm pain free and I feel emotionally more stable. The side effects are manageable, at least right now. So if you can get past the initial period, it works."

Kamcc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometriosis at 18 years old (very early to find). I've suffered 4 years of this before I got diagnosed until eventually I was rushed to the hospital from the pain. My only option was lupron depot shot, I got the 11mg one. Worst decision of my life. I am thankful for having 100% coverage because it would've been a waste of money. I feel sad, depressed, anxious, its awful. I already have depression and anxiety. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals, I get heat flashes, the pills they give, what they call norlutate, didn't help the symptoms, I've noticed they made it worse, I had headaches every single day. I wouldn't recommend this shot. I'm still having period pain and its been 3 month"

Montana.T September 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "I have been on lupron for 3 years. I began the shot in 2013 with a 11 cm fibroid too large for surgery at time. I am now in my late 50's and still testing positive on hormon tests. another words if I go off lupron I a assuming the fibroid will grow again and I will begin again to menstruated and have heavy bleed and large clots. my headaches became much less and only have hotflashes towards the end of my 3 month shot. I get shots quarterly. my bone density was just shy from normal with no concerns for many years. I take calcium, D3 and K2 (MK7-helps make calcium go to bone not soft tissue like calcification and bone spurs ). for me is has been the best thing in my life. I can't imagine why people have bad results. oh and no weight gain."

I love lupron August 19, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "I had a fibroid that had grown into my uterine cavity and it caused heavy bleeding, large blood clots, and discomfort. I had surgery scheduled in June of 2016 and was given a Lupron injection in March of 2016 to shrink the fibroid to make surgery easier. I had read terrible reviews and was scared of the side effects. Overall my experience was very positive, I had minor side effects such as hot flashes and migraines. I am in my mid-twenties and very active, which I believe helped. No weight gain or hair loss. I felt great throughout the 3 months and actually felt more mentally and hormonally balanced then ever before...I'm actually kind of upset it has worn off! Don't be afraid of this drug, it worked wonders for me!"

mrm26 August 2, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "Lupron did not work on me. I still had heavy periods and serve cramps. My fibroids grew and did shrink. I was very angry that the shot didn't work"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I would like to address women who already struggle with depression, insomnia, or mood disorders, like myself. If you're already bad off don't do this to yourself, it might be the final "push". I got the 3month shot (+add-back) and it made me suicidal. My moods went from extreme anger to sobbing, insomnia, HOT FLASHES, and my left arm kept going numb in daily activities! This went on for a month, at 2 months I leveled out. Not far into the 3'rd month the hot flashes came back, cold sweats (felt like drug withdrawal), and my pain was back! I went to my Ob/gyn 1 week early because of this to find I had grown 11 new painful cysts! It didn't even work, and to stop it is also unpleasant (withdrawals). Worst med decision I ever made! HELL!"

Seelenlos (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis during an appendectomy, but due to cluster headaches hormones were contraindicated. Eventually Lupron was advised. My mom, who NEVER had any menstrual cramps, told me horror stories and I reacted as usual and agreed to the Lupron injections, and I have lived to regret it. Like so many others, I had severe menopausal symptoms, mood swings that made my fiance think I was bipolar, and attempted suicide twice in a 3 month period, which is very unlike me. It caused weight gain, which I'd never had, and threw me into early menopause at the age of 46, 8 years after treatment. Now I'm suffering from acute hypertension and I'm at risk for a stroke, which can't be attributed to anything else. But hey, no cramps!"

bitchgoddess June 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "My first 3 weeks on Lupron were miserable. Painful, the heaviest period I've ever had, and just overall regretting my decision. It's now been about 2 months and I'm feeling amazing! Hot flashes and forgetfulness, yes. But the pain is almost completely gone. My pain had me bedridden some days and now my worst days just require a heating pad. I can't believe the turn around."

KCMO15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Prostate Cancer "My dad had 1 shot of Lupron at age of 80 for elevated prostate cancer. He lost control of his muscles, was unable to walk and accelerated his dementia. My dad passed away 10 months after the shot."

Anonymous May 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Uterine Fibroids "Received 3-month shot two weeks ago to stop heavy menstrual bleeding in preparation for a hysterectomy next month. My period started and the bleeding is just as extreme as usual. No relief in blood or pain with this drug. Have experience hot flashes (minor), headaches (minor), night sweats, nausea (moderate), and have pain in upper right back area. Will be seeing doctor later this week to get checked on. I know it's early in the process, but I'm disappointed. I took it knowing about the side effects, but was willing to go along with them to get my bleeding under control and to build up my iron stores."

Anon007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "HORRIBLE side effects and it was not worth it because it was something that didn't even cure me or made me feel any better."

Patricakes17 April 17, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I've only had one dose of Lupron; before going on it I did my research. One side effect is HORRIBLE insomnia (which I have). I know not every single change in my body can be blamed on the Lupron. I have Endometriosis and the Lupron basically puts you in a state of menopause. Headaches, insomnia, sweats, mood swings were very bad the first couple of weeks; now my stomach hurts! So I think I can pick and choose what the medicine is responsible for and the state of chemical menopause is doing to me."

Frisbee2004 April 14, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Endometriosis "I want to share my experience with this drug because I truly believe it's of utter importance. My first BC was Depo PROVERA. I bled right through this, and yes it's common for the first year, also lighter periods. But mine never went away, then brown bleeding. I was switched to the implant, for other reasons, and the same problem still occurred. Then I was put on BC pills to control the bleeding process. All in all, I was backing up my uterine wall with more blood every time I had a period. Depo Lupron was injected on Jan 18 I bled out all my old blood in a week. I have not had a period or brown bleeding since. My last shot was given March 18. So far, 0 breakthrough bleeding. I love Depo Lupron"

KC813 April 3, 2016