User Reviews for Lupron Depot

Learn more about Lupron Depot.

Prostate Cancer 6 reviews 49 medications

6.7
Uterine Fibroids 26 reviews 2 medications

6.5
Endometriosis 79 reviews 106 medications

Summary of Lupron Depot reviews 111 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Lupron Depot

For Endometriosis "I've been on the lupron shot for almost 2 years now the first six months were the hardest I woke up tired icky feeling and puked. I lost my appetite lost a lot of weight and it made my insomnia worse and my urge to pee worse especially at night. Once the nausea settled and my appetite came back the other side effects were easy to cope with on top of the side effects from the implanon. I haven't bleed at all and had no pain. I got off it for 3 months and some of my shooting pain came back but no bleeding so I got put back on it. I just decided to take a break and I'm crampy and starting to spot. My obgyn said I shouldn't have pain like I was before so we shall wait and see since the lupron is working my medicaid wont let me have a lap to see what stage my endometriosis is"

kaibug (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I'm on the 6 month therapy treatment and I got my 4th injection yesterday. At the beginning I was getting the hot flashes which I can deal with, the mood swings. I rather deal with that then the terrible belly button pain , bleeding from navel and chest pain. I was diagnosed with endo stage 4 about 3 years ago. But now I'm starting to think "is it worth it?" with the insomnia, tiredness, diarrhea and waking up with migraines"

Alexis21007 August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I had my heavy period and strong and constant pain which stops me doing my normal life for more than 5 years. Since I have started to inject this Lupron it has changed my life after all those painful years now I had 4 injections already and go for the fifth one. The only side effect I had is hot flashes especially during nights and some bone pain which are nothing to compare with the pain I had for more than 5 years. It is really worth to try if you are on the heavy bleeding and pain."

nelofar June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "It cause me permanent hair loss."

Mclar April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "Had a large pedunctulated fibroid tumor on my uterus- shot was administered , they found my fibroid got larger after 3 months. Had to have a partial hysterectomy to have it removed so I could sit, drive and have sex without being uncomfortable or bleeding. I had every side effect which was miserable. I had extreme hair loss (thinning) and I'm still trying to grow it back... this drug did not work for me. It has been over a year."

Meli Gee 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 16, started 6 month (6 injection) Lupron therapy at 17 and felt amazing. Yes, I gained weight and got the hot flashes, depression and swelling legs and feet, but it was all worth making the pain go away. Fast forward 5 years, and endometriosis is back with a vengeance plus I had a golf-ball sized cyst on my ovary. So I had the lap to have the endo burned out and the cyst removed, and of course the next step was up to me and I begged for Lupron! Sadly, I've been let down the second time around. Symptoms are all the same but now the pain is still persistent, even in my 6th month. Major sad face about that."

ahann April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "The side effects are worst than the original problem, I've had 2 shots and won't be going for another one."

Anonymous March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I was on lupron a few years ago. For chronic pain multiple cysts I was bed ridden a week or two of of every month. This injection saved my life back then. I lost coverage so i stopped. Now I have coverage and decided to try it again... its not working this time!. I'm in pain all the time still. I have trouble sleeping at night or staying asleep my libido is gone..and I'm in the 4th month of treatment and started bleeding and have really bad pains again.. and my got flashes are back. The first month is the worst! Worst period of my life.. but there was no bleeding until now.. so I would recommend trying the once a month doses first"

Love hate relationship (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis after I had a laparoscopy. My doctor suggested lupron depot for six months (2 shots). I have been on lupron depot for almost 3 months where it is time to get my second shot. I am almost sure I will not get the second shot. I am in worst pain than I was before the shot and I have had NON STOP bleeding. You are not supposed to be bleeding while on lupron especially for three months. I have an appointment with my doctor soon about my next step. The medicine is supposed to rid you from pain-but for me it caused it to worsen. In regards to other side effects such as hot flashes, depression, mood swings, etc I don't have any of that! Bottom line, I wish I never would have got this medicine."

Sweetpea77 January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I suffer from terrible cramps and fibroid. I do take a low dose birth control, that sometimes barely helps my cramps. I was given the 1 dose a month, 6 month treatment after my GYNO could barely do a vaginal ultrasound for one of my visit and I had been having a "period" off and on for over 3 months. The fibroid was so large, it obstructed the movement of the wand thingy. I've been on it for 5 months, the 1st month, I still got my awful period and spent my usual $50 on pads and Advil, just as heavy. But by the 2nd month, bye bye Aunt Flo and it's been pretty okay except for the hot flashes,weight gain, tiredness and the sore hips, soles and ankles. The sore hips, soles & ankles don't hit until the 4th month. The hot flashes just suck!"

CDM85 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "My rating is based SOLELY on symptoms, I am unsure about the effectiveness being that I haven't checked my fibroid size yet to see if it has suppressed. To furthermore explain, I was diagnosed with a large fibroid about 10cm (outside my uterus) through a CT scan. I'm 28, no children, but hoping to conceive in my early 30s, therefore I chose to go on with the Lupron shot (3.75) to hopefully shrink the fibroid for surgery early next year. After reading the side effects, I was terrified and put this off for a year and a half. I have had ONE symptom and that is I do notice that my (face) is a bit clammy/dry. Just wishing I never put it off due to fear. I just finished my first month. Will update how month 2 went in January!"

Meli P (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "At age 42 I had partial hysterectomy (uterus only) to remove large fibroids. (daughter was born when I was 32). Dr found stage IV endometriosis. He left my ovaries and said he never wanted to do surgery again - endo everywhere. He suggested Lupron to arrest the Endo. It took me a year to start Lupron. I had to contact a foundation to qualify to receive the medication for free. I did two 3 month shots. I remember some hot flashes, nausea & a few mood swings but it passed fairly quickly. Now, I am 46 and in full menopause. I have osteopenia with some degenerative disc issues. Chronic back pain hurts most when laying on stomach in bed. But I do not use pain meds or H.R.T. I hope the brain fog & other symptoms continue to improve."

Hystomommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "Finally, something that worked for my fibroids! Yay"

Tammy52221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I have endometriosis and adenomyosis and pain was scary and I became bedridden some of the days.I had my first Lupron 11.25 mg on June 2016.I am suffering following side effects but I will continue this medication as pain from endo and adeno is worse then side effects. - Swelling at feet - Weight gain - 6kg in 6 months - Increased sweating - Hot flash suffered only first month of this treatment - Fluid retention - Carpal tunnel - Forgetful - Growth of upper lip hair - Slipped disc and compress of the right leg nerves I am going to take second injection soon and after that I will go for Hysterectomy. Btw I am just 36:(."

Ei Phyu Soe December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "During my early 30's, I had 2 laporoscopies and 1 laparotomy for severe endometriosis but had no relief from pain. At 34, I had my 1st Lupron Depot shot. It eliminated my pain completely. The only side effects were hot flashes and irritability. The side effects were EXACTLY what I am experiencing with menopause now at the age of 58. I did not have any joint pain or other side effects. After 6 months of shots, my primary care physician advised that bone loss could result from prolonged treatment, so we stopped treatment. As an alternative, I was put on low dose birth control pills which I took every day to stop my periods. Should have done this to begin with! No pain and no side effects!"

Doinggreat December 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 5 Endometriosis, back in the early 90's. My Dr. suggested to me the Lupron shots.. The reason we did not do the surgery at that time, I was young and wanted children, so to help with the awful pain, and miserable time of the month, we started Lupron Injections. Let me say, the side effects were awful! THE HOT FLASHES, I wanted to go out into the snow naked to cool off. The mood swings were out of control, however I was put through the menopause stage and no periods, that was heaven. I was on the injections for 6 months, then after I was off the wicked horrid pain and cycle started. The weight gain was insane. I had to go back on the injections, but since the weight gain, I quit after the 2nd injection."

Nasty Endo (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "So I had BAD adverse affects to the Depo Provero shot.. SO bad that I lost my job. I had bad fevers for 6 months.. It felt like my body was on FIRE..No energy and it triggered hypothyroidism in me. I'm only 37. I have finally got to feeling better, the shot is out of my system as of a couple weeks back, losing weight now. No period yet, but my gyno said the next thing he could do is Depo Lupron.. needless to say I'm TERRIFIED! It's only the month shot, but I'm still scared to death. I already suffer with mental illness. I just wanted a hysterectomy to get this nightmare over with, so I could get back to life and never worry about this crap again. If you have any insight, let me know Thx."

RobynDyan November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I got a month shot right when I was about to start period. Period ended up lasting about 12 days. I was told night sweats and menopausal symptoms would happen but I did NOT expect the suicidal urges (I've been diagnosed with depression but it was manageable before this shot), migraines - worst migraines I've ever experienced in my life, nausea, cankles. I've had to take roughly 5 days off of work just in the last 3 weeks and I may even lose my job. I am so irritable and cannot sleep for the life of me. I wake up at least 30 times a night. I'd rather have my excruciating menstrual cramps than go through this ever again. My body did NOT like this AT ALL!"

skahlua912 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "This drug ruined 11 years of my life & continues to do so. I was given no addback therapy, nor told of any side effects, only the leaflet to read at home AFTER I'd already been given 3 month Lupron shot & told it will help my excruciating Endometriosis pain. After reading leaflet in it's entirety I immediately called my OB/GYN & asked about addback, Calcium & lots more questions. I was scared of all side-effects listed on the leaflet & wished I had known about them before (I'd have refused) or that I could UNDO the shot! He told me worst that may happen are few hot flashes. My pain worsened, I got OSTEOPOROSIS, lost several teeth & couldn't walk unasisted for 6mths. THIS IS TRULY A HORRIBLE DRUG!!!"

Alma Ducky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Started almost a month ago, I just got over my period when I recieved the injection, I started my menses about week and half after injection, they said this is normal, overall pain is a tad worse, the drs also said that would happen, I'm not giving a full rating on it yet, I haven't been on it long enough, they are trying to shrink a 3 inch abdominal wall endometriosis, I will have to stay on the drug for a year, also been prescribed norethindrone, haven't really had the side effects listed with this drug, not sure I will later on or not."

Angmtt (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I started this about 6 -7 weeks ago after laparoscopy for small endo on my bowel and top of cervix was unsuccessful. The first month was a nightmare. Started with worsening pain symptoms and an extra-long last period. Mood swings were outrageous. Crying, all the time and a little feet/ankle swelling. Started adding back therapy and spironolactone a week ago and as I reach the end of month two, I'm pain free and I feel emotionally more stable. The side effects are manageable, at least right now. So if you can get past the initial period, it works."

Kamcc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometriosis at 18 years old (very early to find). I've suffered 4 years of this before I got diagnosed until eventually I was rushed to the hospital from the pain. My only option was lupron depot shot, I got the 11mg one. Worst decision of my life. I am thankful for having 100% coverage because it would've been a waste of money. I feel sad, depressed, anxious, its awful. I already have depression and anxiety. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals, I get heat flashes, the pills they give, what they call norlutate, didn't help the symptoms, I've noticed they made it worse, I had headaches every single day. I wouldn't recommend this shot. I'm still having period pain and its been 3 month"

Montana.T September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I have been on lupron for 3 years. I began the shot in 2013 with a 11 cm fibroid too large for surgery at time. I am now in my late 50's and still testing positive on hormon tests. another words if I go off lupron I a assuming the fibroid will grow again and I will begin again to menstruated and have heavy bleed and large clots. my headaches became much less and only have hotflashes towards the end of my 3 month shot. I get shots quarterly. my bone density was just shy from normal with no concerns for many years. I take calcium, D3 and K2 (MK7-helps make calcium go to bone not soft tissue like calcification and bone spurs ). for me is has been the best thing in my life. I can't imagine why people have bad results. oh and no weight gain."

I love lupron August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "I had a fibroid that had grown into my uterine cavity and it caused heavy bleeding, large blood clots, and discomfort. I had surgery scheduled in June of 2016 and was given a Lupron injection in March of 2016 to shrink the fibroid to make surgery easier. I had read terrible reviews and was scared of the side effects. Overall my experience was very positive, I had minor side effects such as hot flashes and migraines. I am in my mid-twenties and very active, which I believe helped. No weight gain or hair loss. I felt great throughout the 3 months and actually felt more mentally and hormonally balanced then ever before...I'm actually kind of upset it has worn off! Don't be afraid of this drug, it worked wonders for me!"

mrm26 August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Uterine Fibroids "Lupron did not work on me. I still had heavy periods and serve cramps. My fibroids grew and did shrink. I was very angry that the shot didn't work"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016