User Reviews for Lupron Depot

Learn more about Lupron Depot.

Uterine Fibroids 20 reviews 6 medications

6.8
Prostate Cancer 6 reviews 52 medications

6.7
Endometriosis 71 reviews 167 medications

6.1
Summary of Lupron Depot reviews 97 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Lupron Depot

For Endometriosis "During my early 30's, I had 2 laporoscopies and 1 laparotomy for severe endometriosis but had no relief from pain. At 34, I had my 1st Lupron Depot shot. It eliminated my pain completely. The only side effects were hot flashes and irritability. The side effects were EXACTLY what I am experiencing with menopause now at the age of 58. I did not have any joint pain or other side effects. After 6 months of shots, my primary care physician advised that bone loss could result from prolonged treatment, so we stopped treatment. As an alternative, I was put on low dose birth control pills which I took every day to stop my periods. Should have done this to begin with! No pain and no side effects!"

Doinggreat December 1, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 5 Endometriosis, back in the early 90's. My Dr. suggested to me the Lupron shots.. The reason we did not do the surgery at that time, I was young and wanted children, so to help with the awful pain, and miserable time of the month, we started Lupron Injections. Let me say, the side effects were awful! THE HOT FLASHES, I wanted to go out into the snow naked to cool off. The mood swings were out of control, however I was put through the menopause stage and no periods, that was heaven. I was on the injections for 6 months, then after I was off the wicked horrid pain and cycle started. The weight gain was insane. I had to go back on the injections, but since the weight gain, I quit after the 2nd injection."

Nasty Endo (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

For Endometriosis "So I had BAD adverse affects to the Depo Provero shot.. SO bad that I lost my job. I had bad fevers for 6 months.. It felt like my body was on FIRE..No energy and it triggered hypothyroidism in me. I'm only 37. I have finally got to feeling better, the shot is out of my system as of a couple weeks back, losing weight now. No period yet, but my gyno said the next thing he could do is Depo Lupron.. needless to say I'm TERRIFIED! It's only the month shot, but I'm still scared to death. I already suffer with mental illness. I just wanted a hysterectomy to get this nightmare over with, so I could get back to life and never worry about this crap again. If you have any insight, let me know Thx."

RobynDyan November 13, 2016

For Endometriosis "I got a month shot right when I was about to start period. Period ended up lasting about 12 days. I was told night sweats and menopausal symptoms would happen but I did NOT expect the suicidal urges (I've been diagnosed with depression but it was manageable before this shot), migraines - worst migraines I've ever experienced in my life, nausea, cankles. I've had to take roughly 5 days off of work just in the last 3 weeks and I may even lose my job. I am so irritable and cannot sleep for the life of me. I wake up at least 30 times a night. I'd rather have my excruciating menstrual cramps than go through this ever again. My body did NOT like this AT ALL!"

skahlua912 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2016

For Endometriosis "This drug ruined 11 years of my life & continues to do so. I was given no addback therapy, nor told of any side effects, only the leaflet to read at home AFTER I'd already been given 3 month Lupron shot & told it will help my excruciating Endometriosis pain. After reading leaflet in it's entirety I immediately called my OB/GYN & asked about addback, Calcium & lots more questions. I was scared of all side-effects listed on the leaflet & wished I had known about them before (I'd have refused) or that I could UNDO the shot! He told me worst that may happen are few hot flashes. My pain worsened, I got OSTEOPOROSIS, lost several teeth & couldn't walk unasisted for 6mths. THIS IS TRULY A HORRIBLE DRUG!!!"

Alma Ducky (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2016

For Endometriosis "Started almost a month ago, I just got over my period when I recieved the injection, I started my menses about week and half after injection, they said this is normal, overall pain is a tad worse, the drs also said that would happen, I'm not giving a full rating on it yet, I haven't been on it long enough, they are trying to shrink a 3 inch abdominal wall endometriosis, I will have to stay on the drug for a year, also been prescribed norethindrone, haven't really had the side effects listed with this drug, not sure I will later on or not."

Angmtt (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2016

For Endometriosis "I started this about 6 -7 weeks ago after laparoscopy for small endo on my bowel and top of cervix was unsuccessful. The first month was a nightmare. Started with worsening pain symptoms and an extra-long last period. Mood swings were outrageous. Crying, all the time and a little feet/ankle swelling. Started adding back therapy and spironolactone a week ago and as I reach the end of month two, I'm pain free and I feel emotionally more stable. The side effects are manageable, at least right now. So if you can get past the initial period, it works."

Kamcc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and endometriosis at 18 years old (very early to find). I've suffered 4 years of this before I got diagnosed until eventually I was rushed to the hospital from the pain. My only option was lupron depot shot, I got the 11mg one. Worst decision of my life. I am thankful for having 100% coverage because it would've been a waste of money. I feel sad, depressed, anxious, its awful. I already have depression and anxiety. I feel like I'm going through withdrawals, I get heat flashes, the pills they give, what they call norlutate, didn't help the symptoms, I've noticed they made it worse, I had headaches every single day. I wouldn't recommend this shot. I'm still having period pain and its been 3 month"

Montana.T September 18, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "I have been on lupron for 3 years. I began the shot in 2013 with a 11 cm fibroid too large for surgery at time. I am now in my late 50's and still testing positive on hormon tests. another words if I go off lupron I a assuming the fibroid will grow again and I will begin again to menstruated and have heavy bleed and large clots. my headaches became much less and only have hotflashes towards the end of my 3 month shot. I get shots quarterly. my bone density was just shy from normal with no concerns for many years. I take calcium, D3 and K2 (MK7-helps make calcium go to bone not soft tissue like calcification and bone spurs ). for me is has been the best thing in my life. I can't imagine why people have bad results. oh and no weight gain."

I love lupron August 19, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "I had a fibroid that had grown into my uterine cavity and it caused heavy bleeding, large blood clots, and discomfort. I had surgery scheduled in June of 2016 and was given a Lupron injection in March of 2016 to shrink the fibroid to make surgery easier. I had read terrible reviews and was scared of the side effects. Overall my experience was very positive, I had minor side effects such as hot flashes and migraines. I am in my mid-twenties and very active, which I believe helped. No weight gain or hair loss. I felt great throughout the 3 months and actually felt more mentally and hormonally balanced then ever before...I'm actually kind of upset it has worn off! Don't be afraid of this drug, it worked wonders for me!"

mrm26 August 2, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "Lupron did not work on me. I still had heavy periods and serve cramps. My fibroids grew and did shrink. I was very angry that the shot didn't work"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

For Endometriosis "I would like to address women who already struggle with depression, insomnia, or mood disorders, like myself. If you're already bad off don't do this to yourself, it might be the final "push". I got the 3month shot (+add-back) and it made me suicidal. My moods went from extreme anger to sobbing, insomnia, HOT FLASHES, and my left arm kept going numb in daily activities! This went on for a month, at 2 months I leveled out. Not far into the 3'rd month the hot flashes came back, cold sweats (felt like drug withdrawal), and my pain was back! I went to my Ob/gyn 1 week early because of this to find I had grown 11 new painful cysts! It didn't even work, and to stop it is also unpleasant (withdrawals). Worst med decision I ever made! HELL!"

Seelenlos (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis during an appendectomy, but due to cluster headaches hormones were contraindicated. Eventually Lupron was advised. My mom, who NEVER had any menstrual cramps, told me horror stories and I reacted as usual and agreed to the Lupron injections, and I have lived to regret it. Like so many others, I had severe menopausal symptoms, mood swings that made my fiance think I was bipolar, and attempted suicide twice in a 3 month period, which is very unlike me. It caused weight gain, which I'd never had, and threw me into early menopause at the age of 46, 8 years after treatment. Now I'm suffering from acute hypertension and I'm at risk for a stroke, which can't be attributed to anything else. But hey, no cramps!"

bitchgoddess June 11, 2016

For Endometriosis "My first 3 weeks on Lupron were miserable. Painful, the heaviest period I've ever had, and just overall regretting my decision. It's now been about 2 months and I'm feeling amazing! Hot flashes and forgetfulness, yes. But the pain is almost completely gone. My pain had me bedridden some days and now my worst days just require a heating pad. I can't believe the turn around."

KCMO15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "My dad had 1 shot of Lupron at age of 80 for elevated prostate cancer. He lost control of his muscles, was unable to walk and accelerated his dementia. My dad passed away 10 months after the shot."

Anonymous May 25, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "Received 3-month shot two weeks ago to stop heavy menstrual bleeding in preparation for a hysterectomy next month. My period started and the bleeding is just as extreme as usual. No relief in blood or pain with this drug. Have experience hot flashes (minor), headaches (minor), night sweats, nausea (moderate), and have pain in upper right back area. Will be seeing doctor later this week to get checked on. I know it's early in the process, but I'm disappointed. I took it knowing about the side effects, but was willing to go along with them to get my bleeding under control and to build up my iron stores."

Anon007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

For Endometriosis "HORRIBLE side effects and it was not worth it because it was something that didn't even cure me or made me feel any better."

Patricakes17 April 17, 2016

For Endometriosis "I've only had one dose of Lupron; before going on it I did my research. One side effect is HORRIBLE insomnia (which I have). I know not every single change in my body can be blamed on the Lupron. I have Endometriosis and the Lupron basically puts you in a state of menopause. Headaches, insomnia, sweats, mood swings were very bad the first couple of weeks; now my stomach hurts! So I think I can pick and choose what the medicine is responsible for and the state of chemical menopause is doing to me."

Frisbee2004 April 14, 2016

For Endometriosis "I want to share my experience with this drug because I truly believe it's of utter importance. My first BC was Depo PROVERA. I bled right through this, and yes it's common for the first year, also lighter periods. But mine never went away, then brown bleeding. I was switched to the implant, for other reasons, and the same problem still occurred. Then I was put on BC pills to control the bleeding process. All in all, I was backing up my uterine wall with more blood every time I had a period. Depo Lupron was injected on Jan 18 I bled out all my old blood in a week. I have not had a period or brown bleeding since. My last shot was given March 18. So far, 0 breakthrough bleeding. I love Depo Lupron"

KC813 April 3, 2016

For Endometriosis "Desperate for relief after 2 surgeries within 3 months of each other, I was so hopeful about this medication. I ignored the reviews and got the shot (11.75 dosage administered every 3 months). I regret my choice so much. First, the expense! Even with insurance, my out of pocket was $1100. The mood swings were so bad that I became suicidal. I've gained 20 pounds that exercise and nutrition can't shed. The hot flashes were controlled by an OTC called Estroven. The pain did subside, but only for the 1st month after each shot (I got 2 shots total). Now, the pain is back and worse than ever and I'm only on month 5 of the treatment. Surgery # 3 scheduled in 2 weeks. This med is NOT worth the side effects."

Desperate and Disappointed February 20, 2016

For Endometriosis "When I took this it was very painful. The shots messed up my muscles and my condition got so much worse after the 6 month period. I had to get surgery and lost my first organ. I'm not saying don't try it for endo but be wary when you do. You're supposed to have more intense symptoms in the first part but it is supposed to get better. Mine did not, it only got worse."

Sidney kay February 16, 2016

For Endometriosis "I have Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. This med saved my life. Mimicked a hysterectomy. Now I know that removing the ovaries is the answer. Scheduled...."

Shannyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

For Endometriosis "I had a laparoscopy done march 2015 and they determined stage 4 endemetriosis. Before then I had maybe 1 week out of a month without pain for over a year, it was horrible. My first injection was in September 2015. I had a laparotomy in October 2015, the doctor did an amazing job, removed all the scar tissue and cyst's. My second injection was December 2015 and the hot flashes are brutal. I am now on a low dose of estrogen to help with the hot flashes. It has helped but not fully. I highly recommend the injection if you want to be pain free, the hot flashes are brutal but way better then the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "This drug was the worse form of treatment for my multiple symptoms - Daytime hot flashes and steady period was not worth it. I was administered this drug in 2008 and since then my life has never been the same. Forgetfulness covered in laughter by co-workers; poor cognitive skills, no sex drive & no desire to be touched. Headaches, blurred vision; quick weight gain and most of all I quit my job and I'm still try'n to figure out why when I was financially stable. Who was I? Something in my brain is out of sync, I was not a person that took medicines. The Male-doctor pushed this on me & I was a patient with that organization for over 10yrs and I was the only 32yrs old & super active!"

KYRAAW February 2, 2016

For Endometriosis "The side-effects have lasted years and Lupron itself caused depression. And I gained over 40 pounds rapidly within three months after use. It gave me seizures, and I had blackouts on TOP of the usual side-effects. I was hospitalized for three days because of the seizures. NOT worth it! I'm still plagued by the ungodly side-effects every single day! Worst decision I ever made. NEVER again!"

Liebora January 19, 2016