User Reviews for Lupron Depot

6.7

Endometriosis

Summary of Lupron Depot reviews 6.2 121 reviews

Reviews for Lupron Depot

For Endometriosis "I just started the lupron shot and so far its helping but its also come along with hot flashes , dizzyness, prolonged QT heart interval (I already have the heart problem but it is amplifying it) body pain which is slowly going down, brain fog, insomnia, fatigue inability to breathe, and is making some of my connective tissue symptoms worse. I'm hoping at least some of these symptoms go away. If they do I will continue the monthly shots since the endo symptoms are getting better (headache, bowel issues, insane amount of bleeding every month and debilitating pain)."

Tripp (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Endometriosis "Within one week of starting depot lupron, I was struck with severe headaches and fatigue. Muscle and joint pain set in and sleep became impossible. I have had no relief from my endometriosis pain. Pelvic pain is daily and constant. Dull aches in my lower abdomen and sharp shooting pain through my colon. Even with add back therapy, I have had hot flashes and severe waves of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. I wish I had never gotten it. This is the second time my doctor has put me on this "medication" with zero results or relief from my symptoms. I only feel worse. It has made me and my relationship suffer. It's not worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

For Endometriosis "Honestly I was so sick of having surgeries constantly and so my OB recommended me trying Lupron for my endometriosis - 1 shot once a month for 6 months and longer if i would like to. I was told I couldn't have any more babies. I had tried everything and nothing worked to have another. Got on lupron for my extreme pain from endo and for the first month I got a horrible period like period then after that I didn't have a period. When I got off it I was prego and didn't even know. I got my rainbow miracle baby thanks Lupron and my endo hasn't returned since then thank goodness. Yes hot flashes, being sick in the morning, tired a lot because I couldn't sleep and mood swings from hell was all worth it. I will definitely be back on this if my endo comes back!!!! Definitely a 10 star review from me! (I stayed on lupron for 9 months)."

Britt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2018

For Uterine Fibroids "I am 52 (5'8", 155 lbs) w/ large (13 cm) intramural fibroid (fibroid w/in the muscle wall of the uterus). In case I had any adverse reaction to Lupron, decided to take the low dose injection (1 x a month) instead of the single high dose that lasts three months. Felt pretty okay w/ Lupron, other than a dull headache that lingered on for two months (I only had two injections). The actual fibroid did not shrink much after two months (from 13 to 11 cm) but the surgeon said it made the fibroid softer. Had a laparoscopic hysterectomy w/ success. 90% recovered after five days."

Working Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Endometriosis "I have been on the Lupron for about a year. Last year I had 6 monthly injections. The pain that I was experiencing before taking Lupron was horrible. Within 3 weeks of being on Lupron I was pain free with very minimal side effects. One of them was weight gain. For me the weight gain was way better than the pain that I was experiencing before! I went off the shot for about 6 months and the pain returned. The second time around I received a 3-month injection. The pain got worse the first couple of weeks then it was gone again. Now I feel like I can live a normal pain free life again. Still very minimal side effect. This drug has been a life saver for me! I read so many horrible reviews of this drug but honestly its been a huge relief for me!!! I now can function again!"

Kathy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2018

For Uterine Fibroids "I have had like 8 fibroids super big started 2015 March started bleeding blood clots. I was close to 50 years old so I found a study and she recommended lupron, I'm not gonna lie had 3 shots, my hair fell out - its gone, but for the pain I'm in right now might have to get my 4th shot. This situation changes your life style 100%. Horrible uterus pain is unbelievable. My hot flash/ cold flash worst are without lupron."

Choclate (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2018

For Endometriosis "After having a shot of lupron I had a bad side effects a muscle spasm on my neck , my hair shedding, dizziness and weak , migraine, I can't function well"

Arlene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2018

For Endometriosis "Hi, I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis in April of 2017. My situation was a little different because the disease went into my colon and shut down my bowel system. After two surgeries my doctor recommended I go on Lupron for 6 months. After reading the reviews, I told my doctor no. I was scared out my mind. He insisted and I finally agreed. I just took my last shot of my 6mo treatment and in the beginning I experienced the hot flashes but I was given Northein pills to offset it and it worked. I didn't bleed, I occasionally had sweats, nausea or an upset stomach. However; I can't say anything really bad about the drug. I'm glad I took it. I think it depends on the individual body but I will say you have to give your system time to adapt to the drug."

Angel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2018

For Uterine Fibroids "I was so skeptical about these shots, scared to death of the side effects after reading posts...I could kick myself! My shirts fall past my waist, I always looked pregnant. Slight headache, took generic aspirin, did the trick, hot flashes, weird but no that bad. Cycle, had one regular (heavy) period then skipped. Overall, I was so satisfied, I just called and ordered my second shot (I get them quarterly). Everyone reacts different to different types of medication...what works for others may not work for you but this did work for me. Good Luck...Sorry for the grammer stuff was in a rush"

uptown December 4, 2017

For Uterine Fibroids "I was diagnosed with a 13cm fibroid. The doctor wanted to shrink it to be able to perform a lathroscopic hysterectomy. I was having CONSTANT heavy bleeding for months on end, even the transamic acid wasn't slowing it down. First drug we tried was Fibristal. It was supposed to slow the bleeding and shrink the fibroid. I took this for 6 months and it did ABSOLUTELY nothing. The doctor then suggested Lupron Depot. The first week on Lupron was hard. Bleeding was much heavier than before (which was already horrible). But by week 2 the bleeding completely stopped. By 5 months on Lupron my fibroid had shrunk to 11cm. A bit of hot flashes. Some fogginess/irritability, but that's normal for me...lol"

Andersc2 November 22, 2017

For Endometriosis "I've been on the lupron shot for almost 2 years now the first six months were the hardest I woke up tired icky feeling and puked. I lost my appetite lost a lot of weight and it made my insomnia worse and my urge to pee worse especially at night. Once the nausea settled and my appetite came back the other side effects were easy to cope with on top of the side effects from the implanon. I haven't bleed at all and had no pain. I got off it for 3 months and some of my shooting pain came back but no bleeding so I got put back on it. I just decided to take a break and I'm crampy and starting to spot. My obgyn said I shouldn't have pain like I was before so we shall wait and see since the lupron is working my medicaid wont let me have a lap to see what stage my endometriosis is"

kaibug (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2017

For Endometriosis "I'm on the 6 month therapy treatment and I got my 4th injection yesterday. At the beginning I was getting the hot flashes which I can deal with, the mood swings. I rather deal with that then the terrible belly button pain , bleeding from navel and chest pain. I was diagnosed with endo stage 4 about 3 years ago. But now I'm starting to think "is it worth it?" with the insomnia, tiredness, diarrhea and waking up with migraines"

Alexis21007 August 18, 2017

For Uterine Fibroids "I had my heavy period and strong and constant pain which stops me doing my normal life for more than 5 years. Since I have started to inject this Lupron it has changed my life after all those painful years now I had 4 injections already and go for the fifth one. The only side effect I had is hot flashes especially during nights and some bone pain which are nothing to compare with the pain I had for more than 5 years. It is really worth to try if you are on the heavy bleeding and pain."

nelofar June 19, 2017

For Uterine Fibroids "It cause me permanent hair loss."

Mclar April 25, 2017

For Uterine Fibroids "Had a large pedunctulated fibroid tumor on my uterus- shot was administered , they found my fibroid got larger after 3 months. Had to have a partial hysterectomy to have it removed so I could sit, drive and have sex without being uncomfortable or bleeding. I had every side effect which was miserable. I had extreme hair loss (thinning) and I'm still trying to grow it back... this drug did not work for me. It has been over a year."

Meli Gee 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2017

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 16, started 6 month (6 injection) Lupron therapy at 17 and felt amazing. Yes, I gained weight and got the hot flashes, depression and swelling legs and feet, but it was all worth making the pain go away. Fast forward 5 years, and endometriosis is back with a vengeance plus I had a golf-ball sized cyst on my ovary. So I had the lap to have the endo burned out and the cyst removed, and of course the next step was up to me and I begged for Lupron! Sadly, I've been let down the second time around. Symptoms are all the same but now the pain is still persistent, even in my 6th month. Major sad face about that."

ahann April 2, 2017

For Endometriosis "The side effects are worst than the original problem, I've had 2 shots and won't be going for another one."

Anonymous March 31, 2017

For Uterine Fibroids "I was on lupron a few years ago. For chronic pain multiple cysts I was bed ridden a week or two of of every month. This injection saved my life back then. I lost coverage so i stopped. Now I have coverage and decided to try it again... its not working this time!. I'm in pain all the time still. I have trouble sleeping at night or staying asleep my libido is gone..and I'm in the 4th month of treatment and started bleeding and have really bad pains again.. and my got flashes are back. The first month is the worst! Worst period of my life.. but there was no bleeding until now.. so I would recommend trying the once a month doses first"

Love hate relationship (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

For Endometriosis "I was diagnosed with stage 1 endometriosis after I had a laparoscopy. My doctor suggested lupron depot for six months (2 shots). I have been on lupron depot for almost 3 months where it is time to get my second shot. I am almost sure I will not get the second shot. I am in worst pain than I was before the shot and I have had NON STOP bleeding. You are not supposed to be bleeding while on lupron especially for three months. I have an appointment with my doctor soon about my next step. The medicine is supposed to rid you from pain-but for me it caused it to worsen. In regards to other side effects such as hot flashes, depression, mood swings, etc I don't have any of that! Bottom line, I wish I never would have got this medicine."

Sweetpea77 January 6, 2017

For Endometriosis "I suffer from terrible cramps and fibroid. I do take a low dose birth control, that sometimes barely helps my cramps. I was given the 1 dose a month, 6 month treatment after my GYNO could barely do a vaginal ultrasound for one of my visit and I had been having a "period" off and on for over 3 months. The fibroid was so large, it obstructed the movement of the wand thingy. I've been on it for 5 months, the 1st month, I still got my awful period and spent my usual $50 on pads and Advil, just as heavy. But by the 2nd month, bye bye Aunt Flo and it's been pretty okay except for the hot flashes,weight gain, tiredness and the sore hips, soles and ankles. The sore hips, soles & ankles don't hit until the 4th month. The hot flashes just suck!"

CDM85 December 17, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "My rating is based SOLELY on symptoms, I am unsure about the effectiveness being that I haven't checked my fibroid size yet to see if it has suppressed. To furthermore explain, I was diagnosed with a large fibroid about 10cm (outside my uterus) through a CT scan. I'm 28, no children, but hoping to conceive in my early 30s, therefore I chose to go on with the Lupron shot (3.75) to hopefully shrink the fibroid for surgery early next year. After reading the side effects, I was terrified and put this off for a year and a half. I have had ONE symptom and that is I do notice that my (face) is a bit clammy/dry. Just wishing I never put it off due to fear. I just finished my first month. Will update how month 2 went in January!"

Meli P (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

For Endometriosis "At age 42 I had partial hysterectomy (uterus only) to remove large fibroids. (daughter was born when I was 32). Dr found stage IV endometriosis. He left my ovaries and said he never wanted to do surgery again - endo everywhere. He suggested Lupron to arrest the Endo. It took me a year to start Lupron. I had to contact a foundation to qualify to receive the medication for free. I did two 3 month shots. I remember some hot flashes, nausea & a few mood swings but it passed fairly quickly. Now, I am 46 and in full menopause. I have osteopenia with some degenerative disc issues. Chronic back pain hurts most when laying on stomach in bed. But I do not use pain meds or H.R.T. I hope the brain fog & other symptoms continue to improve."

Hystomommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

For Uterine Fibroids "Finally, something that worked for my fibroids! Yay"

Tammy52221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 15, 2016

For Endometriosis "I have endometriosis and adenomyosis and pain was scary and I became bedridden some of the days.I had my first Lupron 11.25 mg on June 2016.I am suffering following side effects but I will continue this medication as pain from endo and adeno is worse then side effects. - Swelling at feet - Weight gain - 6kg in 6 months - Increased sweating - Hot flash suffered only first month of this treatment - Fluid retention - Carpal tunnel - Forgetful - Growth of upper lip hair - Slipped disc and compress of the right leg nerves I am going to take second injection soon and after that I will go for Hysterectomy. Btw I am just 36:(."

Ei Phyu Soe December 7, 2016

For Endometriosis "During my early 30's, I had 2 laporoscopies and 1 laparotomy for severe endometriosis but had no relief from pain. At 34, I had my 1st Lupron Depot shot. It eliminated my pain completely. The only side effects were hot flashes and irritability. The side effects were EXACTLY what I am experiencing with menopause now at the age of 58. I did not have any joint pain or other side effects. After 6 months of shots, my primary care physician advised that bone loss could result from prolonged treatment, so we stopped treatment. As an alternative, I was put on low dose birth control pills which I took every day to stop my periods. Should have done this to begin with! No pain and no side effects!"

Doinggreat December 1, 2016