User Reviews for Bicalutamide

Also known as: Casodex

Prostate Cancer   8.0

Franco August 22, 2019

For Prostate Cancer: “Had prostatectomy 4/18. Initially after surgery PSA 0.01 and on 8/19 PSA climbed to 0.14. Will get radiation treatments right away, combined with Bicalutamide 50mg along with injections for 4 months. Goal is to eradicate the cancer completely. Will keep posting.”

Mr. Ed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 20, 2017

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “I had a prostatectomy, removal in 2012. My PSA, started spiking up 2015. I was put on Casodex, and my PSA has gone undetectable till now. My doctors says I can't stay on it forever, and if it spikes up again, I would need radiation. I don't understand why, especially if its the first drug I've used, and it seems to be working fine with slight side effects. Any advise ?”

HIFU treated · Taken for less than 1 month March 7, 2015

For Prostate Cancer: “Was diagnosed with Gleason 4+3 and had PSA of 10 and have very strong family history of prostate cancer. I am 53 and brother had cancer at age 39. Dr. immediately placed me on 150mg bicalutamide in preparation for HIFU procedure. PSA dropped to 3.3 within 2 weeks. I also noticed that a fibrous lymph node on my neck shrank noticeably. After stopping the medication at 3 weeks and undergoing the HIFU procedure, the fibrous lymph node regained it's previous size.”

Horler July 29, 2009

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “My PSA had reached 39.7 and I underwent surgical castration on March 19 2009 in Delhi India where I was on holiday. I returned to the UK on 23 March. My consultant prescribed Casodex 50mg once per day for my remaining lifetime. I am 79 years old and tolerated the surgery well. On 13 May my PSA level had dropped to 0.6 and on the 13 July my PSA result was so low that it was non-recordable. I have suffered a recent bout of pneumonia, and I have frequent hot flashes, but otherwise I feel much better than I did before surgery and the Casodex seems to be doing it's job. I take no other medicine than the Casodex.”

WWII Vet · Taken for less than 1 month July 24, 2014

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “Just diagnosed with metastasized prostate cancer. Have been on Casodex for 11 days today (will be on it for 30 days). The only side effect (at least so far) was fatigue for the first 5 days, nothing now. My urinary symptoms (delayed start, dribbling, weak stream, urgency & frequency) have all improved dramatically over these 11 days. Received my first shot of Lupron today (7.5mg) and am hoping for the best. That will be my next medicine review in about two weeks.”

NickB February 3, 2010

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “My father was given this after a PSA climb following chemo treatment. Chemo shrank swollen lymph nodes and PSA drops to around 2 but climbed 1 point after Chemo. Taking this medication has made no difference as his PSA. The doctor is switching him to Firmagon as he says it shows aggressive PSA reduction in studies.”

cubs fan February 28, 2012

For Prostate Cancer: “I have stage 4 Prostate caner, which spread to my lymph nodes and tumors on my spine. Had no surgery. PSA started out at 144 after using this medicine and Elligard shots. My PSA is 2. Hats off to this medicine going on 2 years.”

Planor January 8, 2012

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “I have taken Casodex for years and PSA stays around 3.7. No operation. Side effect is enlarged breasts. Now 79 years old and swimming a mile a day. Feel strong and doing well.”

Anonymous May 16, 2009

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “After 8 years on Zoladex I became resistant to it and my PSA started to increase. Casodex has brought it back down. I did have Major Prostate Removal surgery.”

Anonymous March 3, 2010

Casodex (bicalutamide) for Prostate Cancer: “Had to take Casodex as part of treatment for Prostate Cancer. Seems to have worked with only minor side effects.”