User Reviews for Xtandi

Prostate Cancer
4.6

Reviews for Xtandi

Sparky · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 14, 2019

For Prostate Cancer: “Apparently, have stage 4 prostate cancer. Had radiation, no surgery; went on Lupron for 2 years. Prescribed term ended and then PSA climbed in 3 months from 0.23 to 4-ish. Back on the Lupron. PSA dropped at first, then climbed to 6.4. Started Xtandi (simultaneously on Lupron) almost 2 years ago. PSA rapidly dropped to below 0.02. Been there ever since. No change in side effects from being on Lupron alone: Hot flashes (fewer and less severe over time) and weakness when they occur. Last 30" to a couple of minutes. For me it's seems a miracle drug.”

jlmullin April 18, 2016

For Prostate Cancer: “4 months at 160mg each day and 1 month at 120'mg a day. PSA was 48 when starting this medicine. PSA dropped to .20! Medication did it's job. BUT, side effects were extremely painful, tiring, hot flashes, losing my balance and so much more. I'm 83 years old and had stage 4 prostrate cancer. If I get 4 more years or so, its worth it. Have been off medicine for about 3 months, and still having side effects! Rating would be 8.”

Gies · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2020

For Prostate Cancer: “The cost of Xtandi is ridiculous in my opinion but the options are 0 at this time my PSA went up to around 50 and I was on Lupron. I was then put on Xtandi and for almost 4 years my PSA has been below 1. Side effects I would say seem to be tiredness. I also seem to be picking up weight in my legs and around my stomach but have not gained any pounds since being on the Xtandi. I would have to qualify this as a success with side effect limitations.”

TatkaBatka · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2019

For Prostate Cancer: “My 69years old dad is taking Xtandi for 3 months now. First month was perfect, PSA went down from 275 to 180, he was feeling amazing and healthy. At the end of second month he started to get pain in lower back, very burny skin, he could not even sit. After 2 weeks he suddenly could not walk anymore on one leg. So he stopped Xtandi for 14 days. In this time he was able to walk again. Very weak but slowly walking. But his PSA is now back on 276. He has started Xtandi again. He has stage 4 Prostate cancer. Wish him luck...I believe this drug may work very well but can have terrible side effects!”

Al · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 9, 2021

For Prostate Cancer: “Been taking Xtandi now for over a year. I'm 66 years old and have Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (MCRPC). Very happy with the drug. I do have some side affects but nothing compared to the pain I had before taking Xtandi. I am thankful for the medication I get to live pretty much pain free. I am very concerned what will happen to my quality of life when I can no longer take the medication. Thank You”

hilltopper · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2020

For Prostate Cancer: “My husband is 83 years old. He played golf 3 days a week before taking XTandi. Last time he tried to play , he fell. I told the Dr. he needed off of the medication. I had to find another Urologist to tell me it was OK to stop it. My husband is now almost bedfast. Walks with a walker, has Home Health Care. Mentally Disabled. Yes, he is 83, but he was playing golf 3 days a week before taking X Tandi. Please pray. I am afraid the damage can not be reversed.”

Rod March 24, 2020

For Prostate Cancer: “My dad has prostrate cancer and was doing good with zytiga at that time his PSA was 500, it went up from 250, his dr. Change his meds to Xtandi, which made it worse for him. The uncaring dr, didn't even check on him had several transfusion already and yet he still advised him to take the medicine even if we see that his health is decline faster than usual ever since he started this Xtandi. The side effect was so much worse. I would not recommend this medication and feels like it’s a hoax. My dads psa even got worse.”

Wife of an Xtandi patience · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2017

For Prostate Cancer: “My husband died Nov 22 2017 from small bowl cancer ! He was prescribed Xtandi in June of 2016 and took it for for six months! This is a very rare cancer only 2% of all cancer reported . He had no sign of this cancer in June by scans but was full blown in Now 2016 ! I am wondering if any of you are having this same problem ?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2021

“I was told to take xtandi because my ovarian tumors have androgen receptors and xtandi would block growth. My blood numbers are definitely lower when I’m on it and higher when I’m off. My most interesting side effect is respiratory symptoms. For 4 months I’ve had varying but constant infections despite isolating and wearing a mask. It is listed as a side effect, so I’m assuming it is to blame. Otherwise, I didn’t mind taking it besides the price!”

DocNordic · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 8, 2021

For Prostate Cancer: “I've been on Xtandi since May of 2019 along with a shot of Leuprolide every 3 months. I have been taking 4 - 40 mg capsules each day. My PSA almost immediately dropped to below measurable and has remained there. Side effects have been brief hot flashes, aggravated when I get in a warm room, some loss of muscle mass, and loss of taste so that favorite foods are no longer enjoyable. I do taste salt and sweet. I am 75, maintain a relatively active lifestyle, and consider my side effects minimal. I had high risk prostate cancer and underwent a robotic prostatectomy along with adjuvant radiation. I started the Xtandi following the surgery.”

Dave S. December 23, 2016

For Prostate Cancer: “Found Xtandi to be a waste of time. Instead of aiding or lowering my PSA it raised it to 90 from about 15 when starting it. There was severe fatigue and dizzyness. Not satisfied.”

Trial Observations · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2017

For Prostate Cancer: “Side effects are too harsh and sickening.”

Tami February 20, 2021

For Prostate Cancer: “My husband declined after he started this medication and passed away 4 months after he started it. No I would not recommend it.”