User Reviews for Xtandi to treat Prostate Cancer

Xtandi has an average rating of 3.4 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Prostate Cancer. 22% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Xtandi Rating Summary

3.4/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Tami February 20, 2021

“My husband declined after he started this medication and passed away 4 months after he started it. No I would not recommend it.”

Gies · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 29, 2020

“The cost of Xtandi is ridiculous in my opinion but the options are 0 at this time my PSA went up to around 50 and I was on Lupron. I was then put on Xtandi and for almost 4 years my PSA has been below 1. Side effects I would say seem to be tiredness. I also seem to be picking up weight in my legs and around my stomach but have not gained any pounds since being on the Xtandi. I would have to qualify this as a success with side effect limitations.”

hilltopper · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 13, 2020

“My husband is 83 years old. He played golf 3 days a week before taking XTandi. Last time he tried to play , he fell. I told the Dr. he needed off of the medication. I had to find another Urologist to tell me it was OK to stop it. My husband is now almost bedfast. Walks with a walker, has Home Health Care. Mentally Disabled. Yes, he is 83, but he was playing golf 3 days a week before taking X Tandi. Please pray. I am afraid the damage can not be reversed.”

Sparky · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 14, 2019

“Apparently, have stage 4 prostate cancer. Had radiation, no surgery; went on Lupron for 2 years. Prescribed term ended and then PSA climbed in 3 months from 0.23 to 4-ish. Back on the Lupron. PSA dropped at first, then climbed to 6.4. Started Xtandi (simultaneously on Lupron) almost 2 years ago. PSA rapidly dropped to below 0.02. Been there ever since. No change in side effects from being on Lupron alone: Hot flashes (fewer and less severe over time) and weakness when they occur. Last 30" to a couple of minutes. For me it's seems a miracle drug.”

jlmullin April 18, 2016

“4 months at 160mg each day and 1 month at 120'mg a day. PSA was 48 when starting this medicine. PSA dropped to .20! Medication did it's job. BUT, side effects were extremely painful, tiring, hot flashes, losing my balance and so much more. I'm 83 years old and had stage 4 prostrate cancer. If I get 4 more years or so, its worth it. Have been off medicine for about 3 months, and still having side effects! Rating would be 8.”

TatkaBatka · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2019

“My 69years old dad is taking Xtandi for 3 months now. First month was perfect, PSA went down from 275 to 180, he was feeling amazing and healthy. At the end of second month he started to get pain in lower back, very burny skin, he could not even sit. After 2 weeks he suddenly could not walk anymore on one leg. So he stopped Xtandi for 14 days. In this time he was able to walk again. Very weak but slowly walking. But his PSA is now back on 276. He has started Xtandi again. He has stage 4 Prostate cancer. Wish him luck...I believe this drug may work very well but can have terrible side effects!”

Rod March 24, 2020

“My dad has prostrate cancer and was doing good with zytiga at that time his PSA was 500, it went up from 250, his dr. Change his meds to Xtandi, which made it worse for him. The uncaring dr, didn't even check on him had several transfusion already and yet he still advised him to take the medicine even if we see that his health is decline faster than usual ever since he started this Xtandi. The side effect was so much worse. I would not recommend this medication and feels like it’s a hoax. My dads psa even got worse.”

Wife of an Xtandi patience · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2017

“My husband died Nov 22 2017 from small bowl cancer ! He was prescribed Xtandi in June of 2016 and took it for for six months! This is a very rare cancer only 2% of all cancer reported . He had no sign of this cancer in June by scans but was full blown in Now 2016 ! I am wondering if any of you are having this same problem ?”

Dave S. December 23, 2016

“Found Xtandi to be a waste of time. Instead of aiding or lowering my PSA it raised it to 90 from about 15 when starting it. There was severe fatigue and dizzyness. Not satisfied.”

Trial Observations · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2017

“Side effects are too harsh and sickening.”

Learn more about Prostate Cancer