User Reviews for Abiraterone

Also known as: Zytiga, Yonsa

Prostate Cancer 8.4

Reviews for Abiraterone

John Mc · Taken for less than 1 month December 30, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Severe joint pain after 2 weeks so far. Moves between shoulders, elbows, hips knees. lasting 2-minutes per joint then moving to the next. Tylenol 650 x3 helps but thats over max is taken twice daily. Here's got to be something better!!!”

Jock · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2020

For Prostate Cancer: “Been on abiraterone for 2months now, very sick with it. Nausea & vomiting daily. Difficulty keeping food down, diarrhoea, extremely tired, in fact it is miserable & depressing. Chemo stopped working for me so Dr advised the abiraterone. I cannot leave the house as I don’t know from hour to hour what next symptom will be.”

Sue · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 12, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “My husband was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer nearly 2 yrs ago. It had spread to his pelvis and lower back. He is on hormone injection monthly, 500mg Zytiga and 5 mg prednisone daily. His PSA levels dropped from 48 to 0 since starting medication to date. Main side effects are hot flashes and weight gain which really bothers him but medication definitely working.”

Jimboy August 1, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “(My 1st message on May 31,2020 Just started taking Zytiga and Prednisone today 5/30/2020 ,my prostate cancer spread on my bones , My PSA 13.6... in a month I will have a Lab work and Doctor follow up, we will see ) ................... As of today July 31st ... my PSA down 0.05 ml ”I've been given infusion shot to protect my bones for any fracture , I had experience hot flash 2 times a day , twice a week last 5 seconds , last for 2 weeks, up to date, not happen yet, had nausea , a week ago 2 times , taking medication to stop, my Oncologist recommended, to take a lot of protein and exercise , as to help for taking Xytiga, am always pray, it will continue to get low PSA test result...we'll see”

Woodbutcher · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Diagnosed 5 months ago with Prostate Cancer, Stage 4, with Gleason 10, bone Mets almost everywhere. Had radiation to save femur neck and hip involvement. 10 treatments with lupron every 3 months and daily Zytiga and prednisone since diagnosis, I went from a psa 60 to .01. All other numbers thankfully good as well. Side effects have been somewhat cumulative: manageable fatigue, muscle loss and 14 lb weight gain around my waist. Through it all I walk about 30-35 hilly extra miles per week, and lift light to medium weights 2-3 days per week. 74 yrs old. Biggest challenge is maintaining muscle strength and combatting malaise. Weight work is absolutely essential for me. I try hard to stay focussed and not take a nap til the afternoon. Then a cup of tea and find a chore. Helps fight depression by accomplishing some little thing. All in all, Zytiga a miracle drug for me.”

Jimboy May 31, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Just started taking Zytiga and Prednisone today 5/30/2020 ,my prostate cancer spread on my bones , My PSA 13.6... in a month I will have a Lab work and Doctor follow up, we will see ...”

Rich (in blessings) · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Started taking 1000mg of Zytiga almost 3 weeks ago but having difficulty with weakness and pain in legs; it got so bad I was unable to walk. I was also extremely tired, but not sure if that is from Zytiga or morphine I need to take also. My prostate cancer found in Feb 2011, Gleason score 9/10; prostate removed May 2011; radiation in 2014, then tumor found in 2018. Started Lupron in 2019. My PSA score was never above 4.0 even prior to surgery when it was in 75% of prostate and had spread outside my prostate in several places. Hoping to switch to another medication that has fewer side effects for me. I am only 65.”

Henry · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2020

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Started on Xtandi with 4 pills. After 6 months, broke out into rashes and had trouble standing at the knees due to Xtandi. Now on Zytiga for 3 months. Had dry skin around neck and hands. Took skin cream which knocked down the dry skin. Starting to have knee problems again. Xtandi and Zytiga both weaken your bones. PSA dropped from 17 to 3.7. Had Prostate Cancer for about 13 years.”

Devious · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2019

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “I was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer in March of 2017. My PSA was at 23. After taking 6 chemo treatments and hormone shots my PSA went to .05. It gradually went up slightly to .27 and that’s when I went on zytiga. That was in January of 2019 and my psa immediately went to less than .03. After nearly 12 months my psa is holding steady at< .03. All with no side effects! it’s working for me!”

ChristopherM123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 17, 2019

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “I am 69. Was diagnosed with prostate cancer 10 months ago with PSA of 68%. I had the MRI which showed that the cancer had metastasised. Oncologist recommended Zytiga but, where I live (Hong Kong) it costs about HK$30,000 per month. Can't afford that. A medical friend suggested I try India. I did a lot of research and asked friends in India for recommendations and found a supplier at a good price for the generic. I have been taking the generic (Arbiterone - 4x250 micrograms +2 tabs of Predisnone per day) for the last six months. Within two months my PSA was down to 9% and was still at that level three months ago. Side effects – hot flashes, night sweating, and weight-gain. Urologist suggested Clonidine for the hot flashes – worked really well. I see my doctor again in three weeks' time. He is looking into Olaparib (also called Lynparza) and Ivermectin for me.”

Sam A. · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2019

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Fighting prostate cancer for 11 years. After proctectomy 11 years ago, and radiation two years ago, cancer won't go away. Started on Lupron shots, Zytiga and Prednisone six weeks ago. PSA dropped a bit from 3.6 to 1.6 as of a couple of weeks ago. Only side effect is severe hot flashes especially in the evenings. Hoping it would subside at some point.”

CurlyJoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “After taking 500 mg ( 2 per day ) for 1 month, PSA dropped from 60.75 to 60.35 with no side effects except exhaustion & muscle fatigue.”

Chuck November 30, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “On 1 month no side affects yet”

TONY · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 27, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “On zitiga since 6/16. Psa dropped from 49 to 0. 01 only side effect is fatigue. Maybe at 91 I should expect fatigue.”

Ronbo · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 2, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “I've been on Zytiga for 5 years now. It's working great for me.”

RickyPee · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Diagnosed with Gleason 10 (90% of gland) in 2011. Recurrence after XRT/Implant in 2017 with another biopsy identical to the first. Unsuccessful cryosurgery followed by rapid PSA elevation to 163 with (+) nodes found on CT scan. Started LHRH-agonist plus Zytiga. After four months, by PSA has dropped to 0.3......good stuff......”

Herkimer · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “No real side effects to speak of although it hasn't seemed to make a difference but it hasn't affected my PSA either, which continues to rise just not as rapidly.”

Tokalba · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 15, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “My birthdate 17.09.1944 Diagnosed with Metastasic Prostate Cancer Stage 4 since February 2015. I started taking Zytiga 4 pills of 250 mg once a day followed by twice daily of Prednisone 5 mg. These pills are taken in an empty stomach around 10.00 AM every day. After first four weeks PSA dropped from 101 to 5.8 and after 8 weeks of initial date PSA dropped to 0.66. Today I feel very healthy exactly three years with the greatest consideration for Abiraterone Acetate. Very powerful chemo drug.”

Snuff February 23, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Between zytiga and hormone injections, the spread of my cancer has slowed right down to almost no growth at all. I do have a lot of side effects with it especially chills, hot flashes, some joint pain and weight gain. overall it's worked quite well”

JB 5847 January 21, 2018

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “How do you pay for the Zytiga? My co-pays are $2500. a month. I've tried to get help and so has my Doctor but because my wife and I both work we can't get any help. I have decided to go off the Zytiga and let nature take its course. I don't want to deplete our savings for a few months of additional life. Stage 4, metastasized to my bones. I had surgery 4 years ago. Age 71”

antepjohn November 15, 2017

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “effectiveness lasted 8 months side effects unpleasant”

Ricky D. · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2017

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “My dad has been taking zytiga for 6 weeks, PSA went from 31 to 37.8 in this period. I hope it will start to decrease soon! He's treating prostate cancer for 10 years, bone mets since 2013. No side effects from zytiga so far.”

Dave S. · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 23, 2016

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “Very satisfied with this drug. PSA dropped from 40 to 15 in 3 months. No side effects noticed.”

jjiimm22001166 February 12, 2016

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “My most noticeable symptom is all-night long sweating. Otherwise, no other symptoms (!). I'm aged 75, have had prostate cancer for 4 years, on Zytiga for two years.”

Sam 16 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2016

Zytiga (abiraterone) for Prostate Cancer: “My dad is 83 years old. He's been through Casodex and Tabi...fighting prostate cancer for nearly 19 years now. Bone metastases already started 3-4 months back. 2 months ago, started Zytiga 4 tabs with Prednisone. So far PSA is going up from 22 to 185 now. Doctor is advising to continue for another 30 days before giving up. Side effects (not sure ) include frequent nausea/vomiting. However, the pain on the back has been reduced.”