User Reviews for Lynparza

Lynparza has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 12 reviews on Drugs.com. 75% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 25% reported a negative experience.

Ovarian Cancer
Breast Cancer, Metastatic
9.3
Pancreatic Cancer
Add your review

Reviews for Lynparza

Healthy... · March 5, 2022

For Ovarian Cancer "In 2018, I was diagnosed with advanced stage (3C) ovarian cancer. After a lengthy surgery and 6 rounds of chemotherapy my numbers looked good and it appeared that my treatment was successful. I was started on Lymparza a month after chemo. I couldn’t tolerate the initial recommended dose, so I worked with my physician to get the dose down to what my body could tolerate while still being effective. Even though the drug made me feel fatigued and achey, I pushed to stay on it for another year - past the 2 years that is recommended. I had my first CT scan today, the first since I was originally diagnosed. The scan showed no evidence of ANY disease. My CA 125 was the lowest it’s ever been (8) since the start of all this. This is not thought to be a “curable” disease, but what if the fantastic surgeon, aggressive chemo and the use of this remarkable new Parp inhibitor “worked?” It’s been 4 years with no reoccurrence. I’m so, so grateful for having been given Lymparza."

Johanna · October 8, 2020

For Ovarian Cancer "I have been on Lynparza for four months now. My blood tests are very good still and I have hardly any side effects. I am thankful this opportunity was offered to me. All being well I have to use it for 2 years. (from the Netherlands)"

Kady · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 28, 2021

For Ovarian Cancer "My diagnosis was Primary peritoneal cancer. I had 4 chemo treatments with excellent results followed by removal of uterus and omentum and 3 more chemo rounds. Started Lynparza about a month after last chemo and now at 20 months. 4 months to go. Slightly low blood counts, slight nausea. Fatigue has been sometimes debilitating, but worth it for good CA-125 and clean scans. Looking forward to going off it."

Zezzie · Taken for 1 to 2 years · June 23, 2020

For Ovarian Cancer "After 2nd chemo round, started Lynparza 1 year ago. Side effects (fatigue, weight loss and poor appetite) abated within 4 months. My remaining little tumor has been shrinking every time I have a scan. Now able to live very good quality of life and forget I have cancer."

Mary · Taken for 1 to 2 years · July 6, 2019

For Ovarian Cancer "First diagnose in 2009. Surgery and quimios. More than 1 year taking Lynparsa. I have four spots in the abdomen that are getting very small. I have no side effects. Lynparza maintains the quality of life. I just wish it was in less pills. 8 in the morning and 8 in the evening."

Are you taking this medicine?

Horse... · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 3, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I’ve been taking Lynparza for nearly two years. I have some side effects, including diarrhea, vomiting and fatigue, all of which are manageable. My tumors shrank quickly after starting and I’ve had no further disease progression. I consider Lynparza a wonder drug!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 21, 2021

For Ovarian Cancer "I have been taking Lynparza for 3 months, my numbers are good and the only side effect I have is fatigue and sometimes shortness of breath. I meditate and I make sure I prioritize my health. I am so grateful for this medication and I pray they find a cure for this awful disease."

Ricky · Taken for less than 1 month · September 30, 2019

For Ovarian Cancer "Just received this medication. I've taken only 2 doses and have had a reaction; seeing doctor to determine whether I can even take in the future. I had bright red skin and swollen face. Has to be a better way."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 11, 2022

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I am currently on Lynparza for 7 weeks. My dr monitors my bloodwork every two weeks. My dosage was just doubled after 6 weeks. I seem to have few side effects. Once I managed the side effects I was able to live normally. I can post update in 6 weeks."

Lel · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · August 7, 2021

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I had TNBC with BRCA1 mutation and had complete pathologic response after chemo and mastectomy. Four years later I was diagnosed with a recurrence in my supraclavucal lymph node and multiple nodules in lungs. I was on Lynparza alone for 10 months until it recently stopped working. I had very few side effects that subsided within a few weeks and from that moment on I didn't feel I had cancer or had any side effects. I was able to do everything and lead a very active life style. Unfortunately, Olaparib no longer works and I'm starting something else. I wish I could be on Lynparza forever. Best quality of life ever."

Evane · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 23, 2022

"I've been on Lynparza for 4 months now for esophageal cancer and just had a PET scan. I was in stage 4. NO evidence of disease, all has resolved. Extremely grateful to be offered this drug. I have very few side effects, some mild nausea at times. I have a debt of gratitude to the scientist who developed Lynparza."

Taso · Taken for less than 1 month · January 4, 2020

For Pancreatic Cancer "Pancreatic stage 4 in lungs and some in lymph nodes behind abdomen. Was doing respectively well with Onyvide until I started taking Lynparza. Have weakened tremendously. Loss of appetite and weight, joint issues, necrosis...weak. I used to go to work over a year after my diagnosis, but after a month of 1 pill every other day, I'm almost bedridden. How can I reverse the effects? Is it possible?"

Ozark... · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 2, 2019

For Ovarian Cancer "I had zero benefit from Lynparza. My tumors grew significantly. I also had terrible splotchy, reddish/brownish skin from the knees down. My oncologist took me off of it within 6 weeks."

Cata · Taken for less than 1 month · October 10, 2019

"I have pancreas/ liver cancer stage 4 Did a year go chemo all scans are clean. I just started lynparza and I know it will keep that monster away positive vibes"

Reviews may be edited to correct grammar/spelling or to remove inappropriate language and content. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest are not published. This information is not intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews may be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge, and judgement of healthcare professionals.