User Reviews for Bevacizumab

Also known as: Avastin, Mvasi, Zirabev

Bevacizumab has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 30 ratings on Drugs.com. 77% of those users who reviewed Bevacizumab reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Glioblastoma Multiforme
Renal Cell Carcinoma
Summary of Bevacizumab reviews 8.2 30 reviews

Reviews for Bevacizumab

HowardB1 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 16, 2020

For Macular Degeneration: “My dry age related macular degeneration went wet on December 9, 2015 and within an hour I went from 20/20 in my left eye (already legally blind in my right) to 20/200+. The next morning my retinal specialist saw me and gave me my first avastin injection into my left eye. By the next evening I was able to read text on my computer (with some difficulty). It's been four and a half years now and I've had 37 injections but I'm still able to pass my drivers license test at the DMV. So far it's worked well for me...”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2020

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “My husband did not respond to chemo and radiation for the brain tumor. He was put on Avastin every 2 weeks. At first he had no side effects and the brain tumor was shrinking but I did not see any improvements in his functioning. Around his seventh dose, he threw up once. The 8th dose, he threw up blood and could not even take a sip of water without vomiting. He was hospitalized and passed away the next day. The doctor could not say if it was due to the treatment. My husband was already very ill. This was a chance we had to take.”

Nene · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2019

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Cervical Cancer: “My mother was diagnosed Stage IV cervical cancer a year ago. Doctors gave her 12 to 18 months of life. She went through 6 rounds of chemo and tumors are not visible in scans. Doctor said she is one of few people with this kind of response. Now she is on Avastin (third application) and doing great. Scans still clean and manageable side effects (mouth sores, dry skin and fatigue) Doctor said he has seen cases of 30 rounds of Avastin and still responding. I hope this is the case for my mother too. Good to all of you and keep your hope!”

jaxmom1953 October 22, 2008

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: “July 31, 2006 diagnosis: stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. I began with a clinical trial of Avastin in January '07. I continue to have the infusion every three weeks; my cancer is in remission. Normal life expectancy for this stage cancer is 2 to 5 years. God has blessed me so far with 2 1/4 yrs of wonderful life and no reason to think it won't continue much longer than 5. I'm half way there and God has been so good to make the doctors and medication available to me. I recommend it to anyone. Side effects are minimal for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 4, 2012

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “After my mom's glioblastoma didn't respond to Temodar/radiation, she was put on Avastin, once every two weeks. After four treatments, the tumor has shrunk by 65%!! My mom is very tired though, that is the main side effect she is experiencing. She takes several naps everyday but is otherwise completely fine. We are currently seven months from her diagnosis.”

djdg · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 3, 2013

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “diagnosed with brain cancer four years ago at age 32, Surgery, Temodar and radiation worked for first couple years, then I got two more tumors, stopped Temodar and started Avastin. In just two months I've seen dramatic improvements with minimal side effects (constipation, nose bleeds and mouth sores) all of which have responded to simple remedies) My last brain scan was a large improvement over the prior one and I've reduced my Dexamethasone dose substantially! I highly recommend!”

Brad1234 February 2, 2010

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “I started Avastin in November of 2009 after my spinal cord tumor started growing again. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in February 2009. The tumor is in my spinal cord, not in my brain. It effects my right leg. Makes it weak. I had surgery and went through radiation and chemo in April. The tumor was shrinking all summer and then started to grow again. In November 2009, I started Avastin as an addition to the existing Chemo called Temodar. As soon as I started Avastin, the tumor started to shrink, but my symptoms got way worse. So, I have a shrinking tumor, but side effects that are worse. ”

Anonymous March 9, 2012

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “Was put on Tumador and Avastin after I was diagnosed and after surgery. MRI's are showing the tumor and roots are gone after roots started trying to start growing again. The Avastin definitely affects my thought process and for a few days after I am really not feeling myself. I”

suvij August 17, 2015

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Ovarian Cancer: “My mother is 56 year old, she is being diagnosed for Stage 4, Ovarian Cancer for last one year. She went through a surgery followed by 6 chemo cycles and had no sign of tumors or malignancy, after first 5 months of chemo therapies. In May 15' there were no signs of cancer coming back and it appeared dramatically in last week of July 15'. Our doctors suggested us to take Avastin, after reading and being counselled about the fatal side effects this medicine can probably have on a patient we were scared to give it to her. But we finally decided to use the drug and she absorbed the medicines nicely, without any sign of considerable side effects except being very tired all the time. I shall be sharing the results one we get another CT done.”

CL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2018

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “My husband has been on Avastin going on the second dose. Before the first dose he had little to no use of his left side of his body. Practically dragging himself with my support across the room to use the bathroom. After the first dose of Avastin we seen he felt a dramatic change. Within two and a half days he was able to walk by himself. Second treatment day after we will see how my honey does!”

MommaLaughing · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 10, 2012

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Macular Degeneration: “My 15 year old son has been receiving injections of Avastin, directly in his eye, for nearly 5 years now. It does not cure the macular degeneration, but it restores his vision temporarily for anywhere from 3 months to maybe 15 months. It has managed to save his vision in the affected eye, at least temporarily, and hopefully a cure will soon be found. He suffers no side effects, and has even gone straight to school afterwards (his choice).”

D S Ramesh · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 12, 2019

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Colorectal Cancer: “My mother Ms..Violet Mary was treated with Avastin in combo with Oxaliplatin. She had undergone 6 cycles of Avastin at a Cancer Institute at Chennai. She returned to normalcy and able to survive for another 11 more years. Thanks to God”

Palm Beach Red · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2015

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Ovarian Cancer: “After 12 rounds of Avastin which were effective in bringing down my protein marker CA 125 to 10 to 14. However, I experienced numerous side effects (thankfully not all at the same time) which I was able to handle. Following the 12 rounds I was no longer able to tolerate Avastin as I had very high numbers showing protein in my urine. My oncologist was concerned about kidney damage and I stopped taking this drug.”

celia · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2018

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Colorectal Cancer: “Our family's experience was terrible; I do not know if you will print this. After only two doses, my husband suffered two of the extremely, extremely rare side effects. This is a quote from the drug company genentech. My husband had a successful surgery. Tolerated IV chemo and chemo pills extremely well. No weight loss, No hair loss. After avastin he suffered horribly, and died at the age of 55. I am still so devastated. I would not want another family go through what we went through.”

Annie 2m · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 11, 2016

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Ovarian Cancer: “I've just finished round 4 of Avastin /doxil.. I have developed painful swelling of my fingers with blisters. Is there any treatment for this? I also have mouth sores. I take L-glutimine, gabapentin and cymbalta. I'm in agony and feel as if I'm being tortured..”

harbor August 18, 2009

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “Have been on Avastin since December 2008 and have had very positive effects. I am off chemotherapy for the first time in 2 1/2 years and have been in remission since the 1st of February. I feel like a new woman and I have not had any side effects.”

LabRat2 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2014

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Renal Cell Carcinoma: “I took both Avastin and Tarceva in my 2nd clinical trial. I believe the Tarceva was the cause of Crohn's like side effects.The Avastin seemed not as bad with side effects. Presently using Votrient and approaching a five year longevity mark when my statistical would have been 8-10 months.”

nancy nyc March 25, 2012

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “35 year old female. Tumor in chest wall with cancerous nodes on lung wall. Treatment schedule was so easy. Once every 3 weeks. I felt great. NO side effects. NEVER sick. NO hair loss. Worked fulltime throughout. Taken with Xeloda. Unfortunately my cancer is more aggressive than the treatment. It only slowed the progression. Not a cure for me but definitely give it a try. Loved it! Would have given it a 10 if it worked.”

RickyL · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2015

For Glioblastoma Multiforme: “I had stage 4 gliosarcoma in March and wasn't supposed to make it very long. After surgery, aggressive radiation and 3 rounds of 400mg Temidar (pardon the spelling), my first MRI showed the tumor was growing back. My oncologist put me on bi-monthly drips of Avastin to go with the Temidar. My second MRI showed a 30% decrease in the size of my tumor. My legs are weak, but I'll take it!! Thank God for Avastin and the oncologist. I am the first person I know of that was given Avastin for Gliosarcoma.”

Century21cyn · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2015

For Macular Degeneration: “I have a rare retinal condition. I have had 3 injections into my left eye, 6 weeks apart. The medication helped reduce the cyst/fluid & blood build-up behind my left eye. (Nothing can be done about scarring on the retina from the cyst) So, I have a problem with my central vision because of it. My condition was caught early. I am checked at 6 week intervals. Did not need a shot last visit. Last injection made my eye hurt for 2 days. Other than that, no problems. My retina specialist takes pictures each visit & is following me closly. Also monitoring my right eye.”

Buckjo · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 20, 2019

For Macular Degeneration: “I have macular degeneration and have taken bevacizumab shots for 2 years, it hurts some but if I am able to see it is worth it. Anyway I still try to sew as I was a quilter but my husband has to thread my machine and be my cheerful ripper I make a lot of mistakes now and it is very frustrating. Also I lost my drivers license 4 years ago, I am 82 and get pretty frustrated. I hope they get some new meds for this or figure out why it happens.”

Dutchjessie80 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2019

For Cervical Cancer: “Hello everyone I'm 39 I want to share my treatment story with you so other women will now there is hope. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in 2017 I had a radical hysterectomy done but in mid 2018 I was diagnosed with secondary cervical cancer I had 10 different cancers all over in my body they gave me not longer than 6 months to live they gave me chemotherapy for palliative care. They also gave me bevaciumab all my cancer were gone but they wanted me to stay I'm not for a whole year. The want me to continue for as long it keeps my cancers undercontrol. I don't have much sidefects but I'm very tired and not able to do much but I'm so thankful I'm alive and I live it on the fullest.”

Anonymous July 20, 2011

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “Getting double the dosage and NO side effects AT ALL. Very effective on cancer. Having very good quality of life. I get it once every other week. Hope it keeps me alive until they find a cure. ”

Pat & Bubba July 24, 2013

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Colorectal Cancer: “Avastin has stopped progression of my colon cancer. Cutting off the fresh blood supply and nutrition that feeds the main tumor.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 3, 2013

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Ovarian Cancer: “I had sores in my mouth, hands turning dark inside and cracking in the skin. I am tired and I have nose bleeding but not enough for medical treatment.”

Sstratford July 14, 2009

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Malignant Glioma: “Avastin has stopped my glioblastoma/astrocytoma in its tracks.”

nickname October 22, 2013

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Glioblastoma Multiforme: “Dad has been having this for about 7 months. The tumor had not grown. He has been throwing up some. His vision is not good. We are not sure if it is from this drug.”

robssue · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2012

Avastin (bevacizumab) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I've just had Avastin along with chemo and I've just been told that the tumour in my lung from secondary breast cancer has shrunk significantly. I may be put back on Avastin, hope it keeps shrinking.”