User Reviews for Bevacizumab to treat Ovarian Cancer

Brand names: Avastin, Mvasi, Zirabev, Alymsys, Vegzelma

Bevacizumab has an average rating of 4.2 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Ovarian Cancer. 17% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Bevacizumab rating summary

4.2/10 average rating

Compare all 36 medications used in the treatment of Ovarian Cancer.

suvij · August 17, 2015

Avastin (bevacizumab) "My mother is 56 year old, she is being diagnosed for Stage 4, Ovarian Cancer for last one year. She went through a surgery followed by 6 chemo cycles and had no sign of tumors or malignancy, after first 5 months of chemo therapies. In May 15' there were no signs of cancer coming back and it appeared dramatically in last week of July 15'. Our doctors suggested us to take Avastin, after reading and being counselled about the fatal side effects this medicine can probably have on a patient we were scared to give it to her. But we finally decided to use the drug and she absorbed the medicines nicely, without any sign of considerable side effects except being very tired all the time. I shall be sharing the results one we get another CT done."

Palm Beach Red · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 24, 2015

Avastin (bevacizumab) "After 12 rounds of Avastin which were effective in bringing down my protein marker CA 125 to 10 to 14. However, I experienced numerous side effects (thankfully not all at the same time) which I was able to handle. Following the 12 rounds I was no longer able to tolerate Avastin as I had very high numbers showing protein in my urine. My oncologist was concerned about kidney damage and I stopped taking this drug."

Gramma · March 12, 2022

Avastin (bevacizumab) "Stage 3 ovarian cancer, 24 rounds of Avastin. I had three infusions during chemo and the rest after while on Lynparza. No problems really. Blood pressure a little high but took meds to control. Protein in urine but Dr. thinks they will bounce back after Avastin is stopped, and my last treatment was yesterday!! Yay me"

Annie 2m · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 11, 2016

Avastin (bevacizumab) "I've just finished round 4 of Avastin /doxil.. I have developed painful swelling of my fingers with blisters. Is there any treatment for this? I also have mouth sores. I take L-glutimine, gabapentin and cymbalta. I'm in agony and feel as if I'm being tortured.."

maisieM · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 22, 2021

"Did not work. 3.5 weeks after being taken off the drug ended up in ER with hypertensive crisis. I was treated to lower the pressure then send home. Second night had a Mini-stroke at home rushed to hospital with extremely high bp, max headache. I had a headache like a strong migraine for 3 months straight. Always worse when I got treatment. A bad headache also increases BP. I had low BP prior to taking this drug - now I have to continually monitor my pressure so I do not get a full on stroke. Be very careful taking this- watch your bp."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · November 3, 2013

Avastin (bevacizumab) "I had sores in my mouth, hands turning dark inside and cracking in the skin. I am tired and I have nose bleeding but not enough for medical treatment."

Fall61 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 4, 2021

Avastin (bevacizumab) "Awful drug for me. Severe headaches caused by spike in blood pressure. Ended up with a mini-stroke from Avastin. Works for some, but monitor your BP carefully"

Learn more about Ovarian Cancer