User Reviews for Opdivo

3.3
Renal Cell Carcinoma 1 reviews 12 medications

Summary of Opdivo reviews 15 reviews 2.2

Reviews for Opdivo

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom started this treatment after her oncologist suggested that it was an alternative to other Chemo because is it was not as harsh. Well after her initial treatment ($27,000) she started swelling, couldn't eat, no energy, confused basically confined to her bed, and then the 2nd treatment, she had developed pneumonia and was hospitalized 4 days later, mom passed after 4 days, numerous antibiotics, blood transfusions and a lot of agony. I would not recommend this treatment to anyone. Its awful with life threatening side effects. I think this is just a money racket to get cash from the dying and the government."

Davidkiser August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mother had ovarian cancer then non small lung cancer. This drug in our family opinion was terrible. We feel it hastened her death and she would have been better off with out it. Terrible side effect - she was covered with some type of horrible rash after the second round. And in hospital . Every time she took it - she would get worse. She got to where she couldn't walk . I think she would have had a better end of life without this. It felt like they were using her for money. : ("

Bunnyclover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Dad started Optivo in May 2017, by the second treatment he was terrible sick, weak, no appetite, upset stomach and talking out of his head and confused. By the third treatment he so much fluid in his feet and was so weak he couldn't even move himself in bed..they should have never done a third treatment but was more concerned about the price of the treatment, my Dad died a week and a half later, in my opinion he spent the last part of his life miserable because of this medicine."

Terri73 July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My brother died from taking this medication. His cancer was in his lungs. When he started opdivo, the cancer quickly went to his brain. He died weeks later. Why did the FDA approve this drug?"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer in October 2012. He had surgery to remove 1/3 of his lung, chemo and radiation. In July 2013 had a double by pass surgery. July 2014, it matastised to the brain. Gamma knife shrunk the 2 tumors In September 2014 started another round of chemo, but 2 months later he had a TIA, they took him off the chemo. In September 2016 started Opdivo. Doing well no new tumors in the lungs or brain. Side effects are severe tiredness, sleeps all the time, body aches, depression. His quality of life is very bad . The depression really worries me. Has any one else been dealing with depression and severe mood swings on this drug?"

Jeannr May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mother died from lung cancer. Her last hope of this medication. Within a couple months she was gone"

Rayray11111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was diagnosed with NSCLC in late April 2016. Started on chemo treatments in May 2016. Received 6 rounds of chemo. His first scan, I believe it was after 2 rounds of chemo, came back "great news", cancer had shrunk & some spots disappeared (or were hiding). He continued with chemo and had another scan in November 2016, now there were some new spots. His oncologist said he could not receive any further chemo treatments and wanted him to start on opdivo. First infusion of opdivo was November 23, 2016. By Thansgiving, November 24, he was not feeling well, so Thanksgiving was cancelled. On December 5, he had severe stomach pain, so he went to ER and was admitted. He was discharged on December 8. He passed away Dec 14, 2016."

Babe, as my husband called me (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I was on Opdivo for 6 months. It really set me back, I had to quit it before it killed me."

S/3 January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have been taking Ondivo since March 2016. My cancer is now in my liver and the medicine seems to be keeping the cancer strictly in my liver, due to a PET scan in 12-2016. I have developed a red rash and found that lotion and creams do help. Lately I have noticed my nails looking strange and the thumb nails look like they may come off. Have not discussed with my doctor, and will do so at the next appointment. My cancer started in a knot on my neck and in my lung as stage 4. I only have the cancer in my liver. I am unsure as to what I will do considering that cancer has been contained to my liver only. I have had cancer since August 2013."

Powder2016 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband had 2 treatments, by the 3rd scheduled appt. he had died. My husbands primary cancer was renal carcinoma which spread to lung after 3 years. He started having a stiff neck with a lot of pain, very low blood pressure, and later developed an intracranial bleed, that was it, over. I really believe the drug may have caused more problems than good. Like the previous reviewer said, do your homework."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom started on radiation and chemo, traditional chemo did not work because the cancer had spread to her bone marrow. Her doctor started her on Opdivo and she went down hill from there. She had pneumonia and joint pain, diarrhea etc, the side effects were worst then the cancer. I would not recommend this drug to anyone, taking this drug was a HUGE set back for my mom, she passed away yesterday 11/21/16. Please do your homework before taking it."

Riccigirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Original diagnosis stage IV lung cancer, July 2013. Received chemotherapy every 3 weeks for two years.July 2015 PET test showed cancer had metastasized to liver. Started on Opdivo August 2015. I have been on opdivo every two weeks since August 2015. Last CAT Scan (June 2016) tumor in liver is shrinking AND NO LONGER ANY TUMORS IN EITHER OF MY LUNGS. Slight side effects minimal, slight body aches and tiredness."

Adla1889 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "after chemo and radiation started on opdivo,had 8 treatments with the only side effect being sore mouth,dr took me off of it because my scans didn`t show much progress,sent me to cleveland clinic and they said to start back on it,now have sore mouth and my skin is so itchy i can barley stand it"

wolfcook2005 August 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "took it after chemo stopped working.after 2 years...first 2 infusions went ok...3 days after 3rd infusion..my legs/feet stopped working..stayed in hospital 4 days legs/ feet slowly coming back..ran every test known to man,,,all normal..conclusion is a side effect of OPDIVO now off all treatment trying to resolve...better but still some weakness and balance issues"

ggasd July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I started on Opdivo 6 weeks ago because my chemo and radiation did not keep the cancer at bay. I decided to try it to build up my immune system. The first time I had it as I was at the end of the IV I started feeling cold and my blood pressure shot up. The nurses gave me shots to bring it down. The second time I had it, every other week, They gave me some steroids first so I wouldn't have a reaction and I didn't. I did have some achey bones and breakthrough pain. The third time I had it and last time It went fine until I started having 103 degree fevers and my entire body broke out in a red itchy rash. I am on Prednisone IV's and I'm weaning off it right now but the rash is so itchy and nothing takes it away! Too many reactions..."

Larrk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015