User Reviews for Opdivo

Colorectal CancerNot rated - Be the first1 review 19 medications
Melanoma, MetastaticNot rated - Be the first2 reviews 14 medications
Summary of Opdivo reviews 4.0 31 reviews

Reviews for Opdivo

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom is 78 years old with stage iv lung cancer. She has had 6 treatments with Opdivo so far; minimal side effects. She was on Pemetrexed for 2 years, then in remission for almost 18 months. Her oncologist wanted to try Opdivo. A 93 year old gentleman who comes to the same cancer clinic biweekly, has been on Opdivo for 2 years now for melanoma. His daughter stated that he has minimal side effects from the medication."

Scarlett (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I started Opdivo in 2010 to 2012 had stage IV lung cancer it is now 2018 and living a normal life. Thanks for this product it saved my life . In 2010 the life expectancy was only 1 to two years on chemo ."

KK (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband had stage 3B NSCLC with a small metastasis on his spine. Oncologist recommended Opdivo. Only had 2 treatments. After the first treatment he ended up in hospital with severe shortness of breath. He passed away a few days after the second treatment as the drug attacked healthy heart muscle. Don’t try this drug!"

Hill (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I am sharing my sisters experience with Opdivo. She had stage 3 NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancer). She started opdivo after a little over 2 years of chemo. The first year on it went great. All her scans showed no cancer. Then all of a sudden all her blood counts dropped. She was then diagnosed with AML (acute myeloid leukaemia) due to the opdivo.S he lived a month after that. The Doctors said the opdivo gave her a year she wouldn't have had with chemo. There is that but is only a chance to live longer with Opdivo. I don't believe it is a cure now. We are thankful for that one good year."

Sister (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "Just started opdivo last week. Will have it every two weeks. Had to have a full laryngectomy seven months ago because of a tumor in back of throat. Was hoping to get a voice prothesis to talk again but , they discovered two small cancerous tumors on my tongue. Surgery, of course is not an option . Hoping opdivo will shrink these tumors at the very least if not destroy them altogether."

Jenkins (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "My Father was on Opdivo for 77 days. He became sick with all of the side effects (pneumonia, inflammation of the brain) as well as ultimately losing the use of both of his legs. In my opinion, the drug only increased his life by 77 painful days and it did nothing effective at all. I do not recommend using this drug at all."

Lt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Melanoma "Everything was going well on the 2 week treatment for 8 weeks- then doctor tried to do a monthly dose and my sugar skyrockets to almost 500. I was hospitalized and had to start insulin shots! Still on shots for about a week hoping things get back to normal after the Opdivo is out of my system, just not sure how long that will take."

Paul (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was given opdivo for stage IV non-small cell lung cancer. Three days after his third treatment, he became seriously ill (short of breath, fatigue, increased oxygen requirements) and was hospitalized. His oxygen needs increased from a baseline of 5L to 13L upon admission. Three days later, his oxygen needs increased to 30L and he passed away 10 days after his third treatment. I believe that Optivo contributed to his death at age 57. Looking back, he should never have started this medication."

KJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have stage 3b lung cancer and was on chemo but couldn't take it, so then I was on opdivo. Iwas doing fine but it triggered my lichen planus back wondering if anyone out there ever heard of this or had it also."

Jocelyn Horton (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Dad had lung cancer, and it had spread to his liver. His doctor recommended starting Opdivo because chemo was no longer an option. He got his first treatment on July 24, 2017. He began having constipation issues, severe stomach pain, no appetite, with in a week of having the first treatment. Was admitted to the hospital August 5th, and died August 14th. He was suffering and miserable his last few weeks of life. I believe this medication contributed to his death. I think a persons body needs to be in a specific state for it to be successful. By reading the reviews it works wonders on some, and others they die very shortly after starting treatment."

Jessicap85 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Melanoma, Metastatic "Been on Nivolumab & Opdivo for 27 months with small amount of side effects and great success in tumor reduction . Merkel cell (MCC ) is what I have and went thru several Chemos & radiation and this treatment is working Great on this cancer. Merkel cell MCC is one of the cancer that foundations do not help with so these patients are on there own. Pricey but it does make a different s in the length of your life ."

big olddog (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 8, 2018

For Colorectal Cancer "I have small intestines cancer/stage 4 .I have been on opdivo for 1 full year because I could not tolerate chemo any more. It took 9 months for pain relief and 4 months ago, my CT scan showed that my tumors have shrunk 30 percent. Opdivo has saved my life ! I have only diarrhea as a side effect. I am so grateful that my dr. put me on this as I would not be alive . I have gained 20 lbs and don't feel as if i have cancer. I can't wait to get my next CT scan"

ilovetobyandvegas January 9, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband has Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer. He is 82 years old. He has been on Opdivo for 18 months. It has kept his cancer in remission with no new metastasis. He has some itching but no other side effects. It has been a wonder drug for him."

Jnetk2190 December 27, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I would not be alive today without Opdivo. A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. I weighed 95 lbs. and I already had radiation and chemotherapy. I had no appetite and was continuing to lose weight. My doctors put me on Opdivo in October 2016. It is now December 2017 and I feel fabulous! My scans have been great and my weight is 145 lbs. I feel better and look better than I have in years. Thank you so much for saving my life."

Zhill December 20, 2017

For Melanoma "My Husband has had wonderful success with this medicine it never made him sick the whole time he has been taking it. He is presently still on it for maintaince"

Rosebud8986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

For Melanoma, Metastatic "Surgery to remove polyp. Follow-up surgery to remove nasal and sinus mucosal melanoma. Proton beaming to clean-up remaining mm in nose/sinus. Metastasis in bones, brain, liver, kidney, gall bladder and spleen. Opdivo started and after 6 infusions observed reduction in size of tumors everywhere. Continue another 6 infusions until next scan."

Cab2017 November 18, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom started this treatment after her oncologist suggested that it was an alternative to other Chemo because is it was not as harsh. Well after her initial treatment ($27,000) she started swelling, couldn't eat, no energy, confused basically confined to her bed, and then the 2nd treatment, she had developed pneumonia and was hospitalized 4 days later, mom passed after 4 days, numerous antibiotics, blood transfusions and a lot of agony. I would not recommend this treatment to anyone. Its awful with life threatening side effects. I think this is just a money racket to get cash from the dying and the government."

Davidkiser August 11, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mother had ovarian cancer then non small lung cancer. This drug in our family opinion was terrible. We feel it hastened her death and she would have been better off with out it. Terrible side effect - she was covered with some type of horrible rash after the second round. And in hospital . Every time she took it - she would get worse. She got to where she couldn't walk . I think she would have had a better end of life without this. It felt like they were using her for money. : ("

Bunnyclover (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Dad started Optivo in May 2017, by the second treatment he was terrible sick, weak, no appetite, upset stomach and talking out of his head and confused. By the third treatment he so much fluid in his feet and was so weak he couldn't even move himself in bed..they should have never done a third treatment but was more concerned about the price of the treatment, my Dad died a week and a half later, in my opinion he spent the last part of his life miserable because of this medicine."

Terri73 July 20, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My brother died from taking this medication. His cancer was in his lungs. When he started opdivo, the cancer quickly went to his brain. He died weeks later. Why did the FDA approve this drug?"

Anonymous July 17, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer in October 2012. He had surgery to remove 1/3 of his lung, chemo and radiation. In July 2013 had a double by pass surgery. July 2014, it matastised to the brain. Gamma knife shrunk the 2 tumors In September 2014 started another round of chemo, but 2 months later he had a TIA, they took him off the chemo. In September 2016 started Opdivo. Doing well no new tumors in the lungs or brain. Side effects are severe tiredness, sleeps all the time, body aches, depression. His quality of life is very bad . The depression really worries me. Has any one else been dealing with depression and severe mood swings on this drug?"

Jeannr May 19, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mother died from lung cancer. Her last hope of this medication. Within a couple months she was gone"

Rayray11111 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband was diagnosed with NSCLC in late April 2016. Started on chemo treatments in May 2016. Received 6 rounds of chemo. His first scan, I believe it was after 2 rounds of chemo, came back "great news", cancer had shrunk & some spots disappeared (or were hiding). He continued with chemo and had another scan in November 2016, now there were some new spots. His oncologist said he could not receive any further chemo treatments and wanted him to start on opdivo. First infusion of opdivo was November 23, 2016. By Thansgiving, November 24, he was not feeling well, so Thanksgiving was cancelled. On December 5, he had severe stomach pain, so he went to ER and was admitted. He was discharged on December 8. He passed away Dec 14, 2016."

Babe, as my husband called me (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I was on Opdivo for 6 months. It really set me back, I had to quit it before it killed me."

S/3 January 27, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have been taking Ondivo since March 2016. My cancer is now in my liver and the medicine seems to be keeping the cancer strictly in my liver, due to a PET scan in 12-2016. I have developed a red rash and found that lotion and creams do help. Lately I have noticed my nails looking strange and the thumb nails look like they may come off. Have not discussed with my doctor, and will do so at the next appointment. My cancer started in a knot on my neck and in my lung as stage 4. I only have the cancer in my liver. I am unsure as to what I will do considering that cancer has been contained to my liver only. I have had cancer since August 2013."

Powder2016 January 19, 2017