User Reviews for Taxotere

Taxotere has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 29% of those users who reviewed Taxotere reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Breast Cancer
3.4
Solid Tumors  Off-label
Breast Cancer, Metastatic
Summary of Taxotere reviews 4.6 8 reviews

Rebagirl November 21, 2017

For Solid Tumors: “Doing 6 rounds three weeks apart. Also getting Perjeta and Herceptin. Have hair loss, heartburn, facial rash, weight gain, bowel issues occasionally. Overall first week after treatment is tough. Terrible taste in my mouth from this drug, and that is difficult to tolerate as most foods taste awful. Only one more treatment to go, I can't wait to be done with this. I do get tingling in fingertips, like they are asleep. Doesn't last too long.”

Lizzie5 December 24, 2016

For Breast Cancer: “My first IV chemo after taking the AI's. I took 3 cycles with a 10 point drop in tumor markers once only and then they started to rise again. CT scan showed worsening of cancer. Bones were stable but not effective in peritoneum. I have lobular cancer which was in remission for 15 years before it returned. This treatment did not work for me. The side effects very predictable and easy to deal with for the short time I took it but I'm noticing painful nails now.”

Ccer September 13, 2016

For Solid Tumors: “I had a hysterectomy in December of 2015 & was diagnosed at a stage 1a with Leiomyosarcoma (rare form of uterine cancer) . I was also given gemzar at the same time as taxotere. 4 cycles altogether. (every 3 weeks) My side effects were hair loss (yes - eyelashes & brows), some nausea, skin peeling of hands and feet, severe edema and shortness of breath, fevers, bone pain and muscle aches. It has now been 4 months since that drug was given to me. I had to follow those 2 drugs with 4 cycles of Adriamycin (which was like taking a baby aspirin compared to taxotere). I completed my chemo on July 28th, I have had 1 cat scan come back clear, so I get checked every 3 months for 2 years. I was scared at first, but now that I made it through, I am thankful I chose treatment.”

Anonymous November 9, 2011

For Breast Cancer: “The side effects (well for me ) were unbearable. I had tingling in my feet and finger tips. Sharp pain from my finger tips to my wrist. I had sharp pain from my toes to my heel. It caused Thrush in my mouth. Caused trouble swallowing and chewing.”

MAMABEAR82104 ยท Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2016

For Breast Cancer: “I had some horrible side effects. All my hair, eye lashes and eye brows fell out. I have super thin hair now, no eye lashes and hardly any eye brows. I had 4 treatments with this drug. At that time, I experienced severe pain that I had to go to the ER for, all of finger nails and toe nails fell out. I also had what seemed to be chemical burns on my hands and feet. My skin peeled off to reveal red sore skin. I also had infection at my cuticle sight on my all of my fingers. Though I have been in remission for 4 years, the side effects were awful. This was my second round of chemo. I had a first treatment with a different drug, 3 surgeries and then this chemo followed with radiation.”

LMuckey February 11, 2015

For Breast Cancer: “Had 4 treatments 3 weeks apart. Symptoms still hanging on a month after completion are wrinkled fingertips and a slight feeling like I touched a hot cookie sheet. Very sensitive to spicy foods as tongue felt burnt too.”

kalakak April 22, 2015

For Breast Cancer: “Hands and feet swelled. Feet swelled from wearing a size 7 shoe, needed to wear a size 8.5 until the swelling dissipated. I only had one session of Taxotere before my oncologist stopped this treatment. I believe that there were about 5 sessions scheduled before I experienced these side effects. I received it in Spring of 2005!”

JKK01 June 5, 2013

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic: “I was given this medication with Pergeta and Herceptin for 4 cycles. The 1st cycle proved to have the most side effects, nausea, constipation, heart burn, readness, and tired.”