User Reviews for Keytruda

Melanoma

1 review 8 medications
Summary of Keytruda reviews 3.9 19 reviews

Reviews for Keytruda

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Mom was supposed to have three infusions. After the first, she became ill with several side effects. She was so brave and went for her second one, two days later she was in the ER with a collapse lung. Her health declined so rapidly and she passed away one month later. I honestly feel it was the Keytruda, she would have lived longer without it. Please stay away from this drug."

Dee May 10, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Well my mom took one dose she had been tired, not much of an appetite. Have hope this will lengthen her life. We will see her when she has her scan done, hopefully it reduces."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "Only had 1 infusion and it was 4 days ago. So not much to report as of yet, but I actually think I'm feeling better. The pain in my stomach and back is less than it has been"

Rebel (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mother been on Keytruda for 6 months , is doing very well. Has had very little side effects. She has 4 stage lung and met bone cancer"

swayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "We were hopeful and optimistic as my mother did not desire chemo or radiation to fight her cancer. Same day she received her first dose her heart began beating out of control. Had no family history of heart problems. Was admitted and died in hospital nine days later. Personally believe this drug took her life away sooner than the cancer would have if untreated. Miserable but quick end."

GoodSon (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "This medication killed my brother..."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. After 2 treatments of Keytruda his cancer had spread like wildfire and his health severely declined. He then tried chemo but after just 3 treatments he was too weak and was put in hospice. He passed away just 4 months after being diagnosed."

Mike’s sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Came highly recommended by doc then 3 weeks later my mother passed away from this. The product does not work..even the hospice doctor said only 17% of people get cured..DO NOT GET THIS!!!! I THINK THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FAKE!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have had numerous treatments over the past 18 months, now these didn't improve my general health, but that wasn't very bad at any time. I have now had 4 treatments of Keytruda & find that my general health has improved. My energy levels have certainly risen, certainly not as much tiredness as before, like l can walk 3 mile most days without any bother. Previous to starting this treatment l had great discomfort with fluid on my lung, this discomfort has now gone. I never had any side effects from getting Keytruda, me living a very normal life, long may it continue !!"

Fermanagh Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My father had Keytruda and now he is dead . Stay away from this form of treatment!!!! It does not lengthen your life it shortens it. It also stops all the good in your immunity. Please stay away from this drug!"

Tess Cathy November 17, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Had all of the requirements - PD-L1, 90% effaced, did not have the tumor mutations, 1st line of defense. Bought in to the "wonder" drug hype and it FAIL MISERABLY. Cancer metastasized. Now being treated with chemo and responding but it's too late"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

For Head and Neck Cancer "I personally do not advise keytruda to anyone. I had a love one walk into the oncologist to receive this treatment and three weeks later she was wheeled back into the oncologists office, unable to walk her body was falling apart thanks to this atrocious treatment. Five weeks have gone by and she is currently laying in a hospital bed in the middle of her living room unresponsive and is thought to pass away within the next three days. Please keep loved ones away from it."

Anonymous August 24, 2017

For Melanoma, Metastatic "I received Keytruda for about 20 months for metastatic melanoma. After the first infusion we noticed that the visible spots on my back had gotten lighter in color and softer. After over a year of scans that revealed that Keytruda was working for me, a lymph node in my chest began growing. A PET scan revealed that the spots on my back had been killed by the medication, and it had also destroyed a number of small nodules in one lung. But the lymph nodes in my chest were positive. My oncologist believes that my cancer has mutated, and Keytruda stopped working. Side effects were mild. Some mild fatigue, and at the beginning a very fine itchy rash that was not annoying at all. I just wish it had worked for me a little longer."

mrsaxde (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2017

For Head and Neck Cancer "My good friend started Keytruda in the beginning of the year after all other treatments failed for his adrenal cancer. He looked terrible and lost over 30 pounds and he looked like he has a month or two to live. Keytruda and shrunk his two tumors dramatically and thanks to Merck my friend is still alive."

Emilysdad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "After second dose, my brother started to have an internal bleeding that never stopped until he died a week later. DO NOT use this drug, it pushes up your immune system to the level that it starts to attack all body and making a lot of damage to the Healthy non-cancer related cells. I hope they completely withdraw this drug from the market."

JusticeforSam August 4, 2017

For Melanoma, Metastatic "Have been on Keytruda since January 2017, have completed my first 12 weeks treatment. Main side effect has been the fatigue. After 12 weeks had PET scan, results came back that the melanoma has been stopped from spreading. My melanoma had been vey aggressive, it was making new tumours within 10 days, so this treatment has been positive, as nothing new has come up in three months. We will see what the next three months brings."

Loulynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

For Melanoma, Metastatic "Excellent drug that saved my husbands life from Melanoma, the worse side effect was the increased liver enzymes and brain swelling, eventually he had to stop the drug. Still going strong today! Great drug with tolerable side effects thank you"

adgio February 25, 2017

For Melanoma "This drug gave me all kind of side effects that made it impossible to continue taking the drug. I wish I never would have started it. I would not recommend this drug to anyone and would encourage them to find an alternate holistic option."

Jordan1000 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

For Melanoma, Metastatic "Have Stage 4 metastatic melanoma. Started on Keytruda after new metastasis showed up. After 2nd infusion, side effects started to become very painful - lots of muscle and joint pain, couldn't move my arms hardly. Also have a lot of nerve issues in my arms and hands. When I went for my 3rd infusion (they're done every 3 weeks) my oncologist said I needed to stop treatment and start on a steroid to calm down my immune system, which Keytruda revs up into high gear to go after the melanoma. It's been two weeks on Prednisone, and the side effects from the Keytruda are still strong, so I can't resume treatment and still have to stay on the steroid. Bummer, because it actually made the tumor on my leg disappear, which Ipi (Yervoy) didn't."

Melanoma Mama December 13, 2016