User Reviews for Keytruda

1 review 6 medications
Summary of Keytruda reviews 4.6 50 reviews

Reviews for Keytruda

His wife June 19, 2019

For Solid Tumors "My husband stage 4 sarcoma ( Lung Epithelioid Sarcoma squamous cell carcinoma ), a rare aggressive form. Appearing in lymph nodes around the lungs and adrenal gland. Large one between the heart and lung, a large mass located on his adrenal gland. Did chemo for 9 months. Tumors between heart and lung and adrenal gland shrunk to 1/3 the size it was a year ago, has not touched the others around his lung but the cancer remains stable. Keytruda is NOT without its side affects, he cannot focus to read much, moody for 2 weeks, after treatments then feels bit better and its time for another treatment. Seems like he has about 50% of the side affects listed, it also caused injury to his thyroid gland and doctor has increased levothyroxine 3 times in 2 months! Arthritis now in his hip and back. Bruising terribly, weakness fatigue, headaches, insomnia, but he perseveres and forces himself not to give in. He is still here with us."

Mamajo · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 4, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "On Keytruda my Tumor shrunk or remained stable for 10 months. Now, after 13 months is growing slowly. I think Keytruda has kept me alive! However recent untreated side effects not addressed by my Doctors are causing grief. My joints are so inflamed I can barely stand. It’s important to be proactive with your Doctors! They’re new to these drugs also!"

MrZ · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 22, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My Keytruda experience is entirely positive. I only wish and hope it helps others like it helped me. Male, 70. My 5cm inoperable lung tumor discovered about a year ago shrank to smaller than 1 mm in size after 3 Keytruda infusions. No side effects. Never stopped riding my bike to the gym. Only stopped 2 days before the surgery. Lobectomy followed. Few weeks later I was told by the surgeon and my oncologist that I don’t have cancer anymore."

Concerned Wife April 12, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband has stage 4 NSCLC diagnosed in 2016. On March 31, 2018 he was diagnosed with a 5 cm tumor on his right frontal lobe of his brain, which was surgically removed. Dr. started my husband on Keytruda May of 2018. All was going good until Nov 29, 2018 brain scan showed 5 tumors on the dura lining around his brain which is inoperable. He had radiation which did get rid of the tumors for now. Dr. kept him on Keytruda. 6 weeks ago, after his Keytruda treatment, my husband got very weak, short of breath and stayed in bed 95% of the time as he was so exhausted from doing nothing. 3 weeks later he had another treatment of Keytruda and the same thing again, weakness, in bed all the time and short of breath. Today he was feeling much better but had to have his Keytruda again today. I will monitor him to see if this treatment kicks him down again. Does anyone have any advise? His Oncologist states that Keytruda is the only thing keeping him alive right now."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 4, 2019

For Melanoma, Metastatic "I had a melanoma on my back, six years later on my lung and three months later on my brain, all successfully removed. I have been on keytruda for 12 months, minimal side effects , scans all clear to date."

Sis · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My father started taking Keytruda and had a massive heart attack after 2 treatments. He had stage 4 non small cell lung cancer but had extensive testing within the prior year on his heart and it was in perfect shape prior to Keytruda. He passed away several months later."

Stinker · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My husband small cell lung cancer spread to brain. Dr. recommend Keytruda, has had 5 treatments 1 every 3 weeks. Dr says scans and blood work looks good, however he has lots a lot of weight, no energy, can't eat also short of breath. He is thinking of stopping treatment because of side effects. Was praying this would work, however I don't think it is."

Broken · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 22, 2019

For Gastric Cancer "My husband had stage 4 esophageal cancer and we were so excited to be a candidate for this wonderful thing called immunotherapy. All the good of it is shared, but the fact that patients die right after starting Keytruda is not being discussed everywhere. His health declined immediately after starting it and passed away after 2nd treatment. He was doing so well and working daily up until he started the Immunotherapy. I regret ever that we chose to believe nothing but great things about it."

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2019

"My husband was being treated for undefined metastatic carcinoma. The biopsy did not provide enough material for diagnosis and the cancer was spreading too quickly to wait for further biopsy results. His markers indicated he would be a perfect candidate for immunotherapy. He received his Keytruda treatment on a Thursday and died less than 48 hours later."

J C · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 14, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "I have been on it for nine months and have had not problem and three clear CT scans. I have stage four small cell lung cancer. Working for me."

bird · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 24, 2019

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My friend has had 36 treatments and has not had any side effect. Her treatments are every 21 days she is now cancer free and plans on staying on the treatment for the rest of her life. Her COPD is still bad but she is glad to be cancer free."

Dave · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

For Solid Tumors "My wife was given this drug as an option to help with her breast cancer, a week later she passed into Heaven, we were both excited and hopeful for an immunotherapy drug like this, which did nothing to save my Beautiful Wife!"

boppy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 19, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "After chemo and radiation treatments I was given six months. My Dr. got me into a keytruda study. After eleven months of keytruda treatments I am considered in remission. I write this because I debated taking keytruda because of the bad reviews. So sorry for the people that didn't have good results, but keytruda was a blessing for me."

Broken · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 8, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Husband with stage IV lung cancer died within one week of treatment #3 of Keytruda. He was 90% positive for the PDL1 marker. After 2 nd treatment he started a rapid decline. He died of a massive lung infection. I am devastated."

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "It gave me extreme diarrhea and terrible stomach pain. If I could go back and not take this medication, I would. I discontinued it after 30 days."

Grieving sister · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My sister’s doctor talked her out of having chemo for her stage four lung cancer and into having Keytruda treatments. It did absolutely nothing for her and the cancer spread like wildfire within a couple weeks, to her liver, adrenal gland and spine. She was admitted into the hospital for severe pain and died five days later. I am heartbroken and angry that her life was shortened by doing essentially nothing but gave her false hope in a totally ineffective drug. They might as well have given her a sugar pill. Keytruda needs to be taken off the market!!"

grieving wife · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2018

"My husband has lung cancer metastisize and is dying before my eyes because of ONE keytruda infusion. Within 20 minutes he became dazed, disoriented, could barely walk. This keytruda attacked his liver, kidneys, heart, and who knows what else. Liver number was 1080, up from a normal 30 - 40. His kidney and heart numbers were equally bad. This drug continues to destroy his body. Now he sits in a dazed condition because of the pain and medication needed to control this pain. I know it works for some but this ketruda is stealing my loving husband from me."

Upset · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "My mom tested as PDL1-70, and Keytruda was used to treat. Immediately after her 2nd infusion, her muscles were affected, sore and swollen. Her heart started to beat erratically, then shortness of breath. After 5 day of doctors treating her with steroids, then having no idea what to do or how to treat her, she passed away - while suffering. No cancer was present via CT scans performed the day before she passed."

Sid October 18, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "diagnosed with extensive Stage IV NSCLC with numerous mets to the liver and adrenal glands. After four infusions with Keytruda all liver mets are gone and adrenal mets greatly reduced in size. Used as first line treatment. Very grateful. No major side effects. Feeling run down with low appetite attributed to the remaining cancer and after affects of radiation to hip bone met."

Artemis Captain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "I've been on Keytruda for eleven months now. So far the growth has slowed to where we can call it "arrested". At least it has bought me another year of life. The side-effects are manageable, for me at least, so I guess I'm one of the "lucky" (I don't feel lucky having cancer to begin with) ones from reading the other reviews."

shorty · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

For Melanoma "My 79 year old husband died having 2 treatments of Keytruda. He declined over 1 month it was horrible. I am so upset and was told immunotherapy killed him. His oncologist said the toxic side effects took his life. I believe it is responsible for his death"

john · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "4 injections so far on Keytruda as a first line HNSCC treatment. No side effects. Approximately 70% reduction already in my left side face swelling which is due to swollen lymph nodes that have been swollen for years. 3 month MRI due Oct 8th 2018, so too early to say anything about tumor response. Diagnosed 6 years ago but did no treatment until Keytruda as I did not want to do radiation in the oral cavity and was offered nothing else. I have found many sources indicating the patient must have an undamaged microbiome for the treatment to work effectively. Patients on previous platinum based chemotherapies will have a weak microbiome. Action should be taken to restore the microbiome prior to starting immunotherapy. John"

Patvicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2018

For Cervical Cancer "So far I've been on this medication for a month and a half and I have noticed a decline in my strength and I have severe weakness and I can no longer walk. Before I was taking this drug I was able to get around with a walker and I had more strength. I believe this medication makes you weaker which I don't understand because if it boost your immune system you would think that it would make you stronger and give you more energy. Yet it is doing the complete opposite and I am still getting more tumors in my lungs. So I don't think it is doing what it's supposed to do I might come off of it and give my body a break and go back to some other chemotherapy regimen to shrink the rest of the tumors. Let me know if you have any experience like this with keytruda for cervical cancer"

yago · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 16, 2018

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer "Had five treatments, 2spots gone and one has shrunk by 25%."

Shalimar123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

For Head and Neck Cancer "After taking keytruda from Aug to May 2018 I was in ICU for a week. It gave me type 2 diabetes & Thyroid disease. I had 1 disease. Now I have 3. Thanks Keytruda."