User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Melanoma, Metastatic

Reviews for Keytruda

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 4, 2019

"I had a melanoma on my back, six years later on my lung and three months later on my brain, all successfully removed. I have been on keytruda for 12 months, minimal side effects , scans all clear to date."

mrsaxde · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 20, 2017

"I received Keytruda for about 20 months for metastatic melanoma. After the first infusion we noticed that the visible spots on my back had gotten lighter in color and softer. After over a year of scans that revealed that Keytruda was working for me, a lymph node in my chest began growing. A PET scan revealed that the spots on my back had been killed by the medication, and it had also destroyed a number of small nodules in one lung. But the lymph nodes in my chest were positive. My oncologist believes that my cancer has mutated, and Keytruda stopped working. Side effects were mild. Some mild fatigue, and at the beginning a very fine itchy rash that was not annoying at all. I just wish it had worked for me a little longer."

Loulynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2017

"Have been on Keytruda since January 2017, have completed my first 12 weeks treatment. Main side effect has been the fatigue. After 12 weeks had PET scan, results came back that the melanoma has been stopped from spreading. My melanoma had been vey aggressive, it was making new tumours within 10 days, so this treatment has been positive, as nothing new has come up in three months. We will see what the next three months brings."

adgio February 25, 2017

"Excellent drug that saved my husbands life from Melanoma, the worse side effect was the increased liver enzymes and brain swelling, eventually he had to stop the drug. Still going strong today! Great drug with tolerable side effects thank you"

Melanoma Mama December 13, 2016

"Have Stage 4 metastatic melanoma. Started on Keytruda after new metastasis showed up. After 2nd infusion, side effects started to become very painful - lots of muscle and joint pain, couldn't move my arms hardly. Also have a lot of nerve issues in my arms and hands. When I went for my 3rd infusion (they're done every 3 weeks) my oncologist said I needed to stop treatment and start on a steroid to calm down my immune system, which Keytruda revs up into high gear to go after the melanoma. It's been two weeks on Prednisone, and the side effects from the Keytruda are still strong, so I can't resume treatment and still have to stay on the steroid. Bummer, because it actually made the tumor on my leg disappear, which Ipi (Yervoy) didn't."

Learn more about Melanoma, Metastatic