User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Head and Neck Cancer

Keytruda has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Keytruda Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer.

Reviews for Keytruda

Broken-hearted · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2020

“After my husband lived through 3 separate squamous cell mouth cancers, the 4th recurred. Was advised by drs 5 weeks twice a day Proton therapy and once every 3 wks Keytruda. Two weeks after receiving Keytruda, his beautiful (non-smoking) lungs were chemically burned from Keytruda. They treated him with high dose of steroids and said he would have to be on them at least, if not more, for 1 year. it was explained steroids at this dosage carried high side effects such as badly damaging kidneys and other organs. My husband chose death. Told me if I ever get diagnosed with cancer, just let it take me. Said it’s not worth the treatment, which is what really finishes you off. Ironically, 2 weeks later a friend also died from Keytruda after badly damaging his lungs too. You don’t realize you are the test subject for these drug companies. Beware of this drug!”

Anonymous August 24, 2017

“I personally do not advise keytruda to anyone. I had a love one walk into the oncologist to receive this treatment and three weeks later she was wheeled back into the oncologists office, unable to walk her body was falling apart thanks to this atrocious treatment. Five weeks have gone by and she is currently laying in a hospital bed in the middle of her living room unresponsive and is thought to pass away within the next three days. Please keep loved ones away from it.”

Artemis Captain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2018

“I've been on Keytruda for eleven months now. So far the growth has slowed to where we can call it "arrested". At least it has bought me another year of life. The side-effects are manageable, for me at least, so I guess I'm one of the "lucky" (I don't feel lucky having cancer to begin with) ones from reading the other reviews.”

john · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

“4 injections so far on Keytruda as a first line HNSCC treatment. No side effects. Approximately 70% reduction already in my left side face swelling which is due to swollen lymph nodes that have been swollen for years. 3 month MRI due Oct 8th 2018, so too early to say anything about tumor response. Diagnosed 6 years ago but did no treatment until Keytruda as I did not want to do radiation in the oral cavity and was offered nothing else. I have found many sources indicating the patient must have an undamaged microbiome for the treatment to work effectively. Patients on previous platinum based chemotherapies will have a weak microbiome. Action should be taken to restore the microbiome prior to starting immunotherapy. John”

BigRichard12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

“After meeting with a surgeon who is the best who advised me he could do the surgery. Yup removal of my tongue, facial nerve damage with lifetime pain, feeding tube, and not being able to speak. I decided “No Thanks” I like my Tacos and being able To tell people I love them. My oncologist suggested Keytruda and immunotherapy. It saved my life and my tongue!!”

Emilysdad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 12, 2017

“My good friend started Keytruda in the beginning of the year after all other treatments failed for his adrenal cancer. He looked terrible and lost over 30 pounds and he looked like he has a month or two to live. Keytruda and shrunk his two tumors dramatically and thanks to Merck my friend is still alive.”

Head and neck · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2021

“My husband received 1 dose of Keytruda July 21, 2021 and had horrible side effects. He could not get dose in August. My husband died August 23,2021. Ended up on Oxygen within 1 week of getting dose and then sleeping in a hospital bed. This drug helps 15% of people the other 85% get worse and die.”

Double D · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2019

“I have been on Keytruda for almost 3 yrs. It was just approved by the FDA a month before I got on it. Cancer had metastasized to my spine and hips. No cancer now but arthritis. No side affects.”

Shalimar123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

“After taking keytruda from Aug to May 2018 I was in ICU for a week. It gave me type 2 diabetes & Thyroid disease. I had 1 disease. Now I have 3. Thanks Keytruda.”

Rebel · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2018

“Only had 1 infusion and it was 4 days ago. So not much to report as of yet, but I actually think I'm feeling better. The pain in my stomach and back is less than it has been”

Learn more about Head and Neck Cancer