User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Head and Neck Cancer

Keytruda Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer.

Reviews for Keytruda

Double D · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2019

"I have been on Keytruda for almost 3 yrs. It was just approved by the FDA a month before I got on it. Cancer had metastasized to my spine and hips. No cancer now but arthritis. No side affects."

Artemis Captain · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 13, 2018

"I've been on Keytruda for eleven months now. So far the growth has slowed to where we can call it "arrested". At least it has bought me another year of life. The side-effects are manageable, for me at least, so I guess I'm one of the "lucky" (I don't feel lucky having cancer to begin with) ones from reading the other reviews."

john · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 2, 2018

"4 injections so far on Keytruda as a first line HNSCC treatment. No side effects. Approximately 70% reduction already in my left side face swelling which is due to swollen lymph nodes that have been swollen for years. 3 month MRI due Oct 8th 2018, so too early to say anything about tumor response. Diagnosed 6 years ago but did no treatment until Keytruda as I did not want to do radiation in the oral cavity and was offered nothing else. I have found many sources indicating the patient must have an undamaged microbiome for the treatment to work effectively. Patients on previous platinum based chemotherapies will have a weak microbiome. Action should be taken to restore the microbiome prior to starting immunotherapy. John"

Shalimar123 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

"After taking keytruda from Aug to May 2018 I was in ICU for a week. It gave me type 2 diabetes & Thyroid disease. I had 1 disease. Now I have 3. Thanks Keytruda."

Rebel · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2018

"Only had 1 infusion and it was 4 days ago. So not much to report as of yet, but I actually think I'm feeling better. The pain in my stomach and back is less than it has been"

Anonymous August 24, 2017

"I personally do not advise keytruda to anyone. I had a love one walk into the oncologist to receive this treatment and three weeks later she was wheeled back into the oncologists office, unable to walk her body was falling apart thanks to this atrocious treatment. Five weeks have gone by and she is currently laying in a hospital bed in the middle of her living room unresponsive and is thought to pass away within the next three days. Please keep loved ones away from it."

Emilysdad · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 12, 2017

"My good friend started Keytruda in the beginning of the year after all other treatments failed for his adrenal cancer. He looked terrible and lost over 30 pounds and he looked like he has a month or two to live. Keytruda and shrunk his two tumors dramatically and thanks to Merck my friend is still alive."

Learn more about Head and Neck Cancer