User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer

Keytruda Rating Summary

4.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.

Reviews for Keytruda

"I have been on it for nine months and have had not problem and three clear CT scans. I have stage four small cell lung cancer. Working for me."

J C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2019

"My friend has had 36 treatments and has not had any side effect. Her treatments are every 21 days she is now cancer free and plans on staying on the treatment for the rest of her life. Her COPD is still bad but she is glad to be cancer free."

bird (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2019

"After chemo and radiation treatments I was given six months. My Dr. got me into a keytruda study. After eleven months of keytruda treatments I am considered in remission. I write this because I debated taking keytruda because of the bad reviews. So sorry for the people that didn't have good results, but keytruda was a blessing for me."

boppy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2018

"Husband with stage IV lung cancer died within one week of treatment #3 of Keytruda. He was 90% positive for the PDL1 marker. After 2 nd treatment he started a rapid decline. He died of a massive lung infection. I am devastated."

Broken (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2018

"It gave me extreme diarrhea and terrible stomach pain. If I could go back and not take this medication, I would. I discontinued it after 30 days."

Nick (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

"My sister’s doctor talked her out of having chemo for her stage four lung cancer and into having Keytruda treatments. It did absolutely nothing for her and the cancer spread like wildfire within a couple weeks, to her liver, adrenal gland and spine. She was admitted into the hospital for severe pain and died five days later. I am heartbroken and angry that her life was shortened by doing essentially nothing but gave her false hope in a totally ineffective drug. They might as well have given her a sugar pill. Keytruda needs to be taken off the market!!"

Grieving sister (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

"My mom tested as PDL1-70, and Keytruda was used to treat. Immediately after her 2nd infusion, her muscles were affected, sore and swollen. Her heart started to beat erratically, then shortness of breath. After 5 day of doctors treating her with steroids, then having no idea what to do or how to treat her, she passed away - while suffering. No cancer was present via CT scans performed the day before she passed."

Upset (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

"diagnosed with extensive Stage IV NSCLC with numerous mets to the liver and adrenal glands. After four infusions with Keytruda all liver mets are gone and adrenal mets greatly reduced in size. Used as first line treatment. Very grateful. No major side effects. Feeling run down with low appetite attributed to the remaining cancer and after affects of radiation to hip bone met."

Sid October 18, 2018

"Had five treatments, 2spots gone and one has shrunk by 25%."

yago (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

"Although it seems some have had a bad experience with this drug, as in some other posts mine was positive. My father found out he had lung cancer. His brother and father both had also, and passed away at 74 (both same age). My father has been a heavy smoker since age 15, as they were also. After finding out he had tumors on his lungs, we both felt it was a death sentence. He informed me that he was going to do some treatments with a new drug. I had never heard of, and I work for a pharmaceutical. Keytruda was the name of it. Of course you have to qualify health, stage of cancer and other aspects to be treated. He was a high candidate for this drug as per his doctor. He began treatments immediately upon that confirmation. Within three months one of his two tumors was gone. The other had shrunk 50 %. Here we are in August, the other tumor is gone as per his scans, as well as his blood being normal. Now they did not say he was cured, but his treatments have ceased."

Jer August 13, 2018

"So last April my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Turns out she was a candidate for keytruda. Her first treatment she became very ill. Ended up in ICU for low sodium. It was bad. She was very ill and was going to stop the treatments. We and the doctor talked her into continuing and honestly she's done amazing with it. The cancer has shrunk. You would never know my mom has cancer. 1.5 yrs later and still doing everything she did years ago. I'm sorry it hasn't worked for everyone but it truly is a miracle drug for some. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the extra time with my mother."

My mom August 6, 2018

"Oncologist confirmed it caused a Heart attack and severe Pneumonitis. Watch your family member closely for shortness of breathe or feeling like they are smothering. Side effects worse than chemo. Has now probably shortened life and diminished quality of life left. We were so excited and hopeful after being approved, now we are devastated. Never thought it would happen because the side effects are so "rare" but it did... after 2 treatments."

4JCL (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

"My husband has had seven treatments. The worse side effect has been extreme fatigue although he has continued to work full time. It affected his thyroid, and he is now taking Synthroid. He has been an insulin dependent diabetic for many years, and the Keytruda has apparently affected that also. Working with his endocrinologist to get that under control. He will have a scan done in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be good news. We both agree this drug is way better than undergoing chemo."

Michael's wife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

"To all of you who are taking care of your loved ones! I am a nurse who took care of my father with stage 4 lung cancer! He took this drug and this drug made his life much shorter that even not getting treatment. Shame on these pharmaceutical companies who make money at any cost. This drug can cause serious heart issues and your patient will die due to cardiac arrest than actual cancer. The drug DOES NOT work at all. Shame on these companies who fool patients with these ads on TV. This drug MUST be taken off the market."

Heidi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

"My father in law took his first dose of Keytruda and after few days he felt strong pain all over his body. His heart was beating out of control. After we took him to emergency and after all scans and test the doctor confirm that was the side effect from the Keytruda. After one day in the hospital his heart was already so damaged that after less than a day he passed away. This drug took his live. This drug needs to be taken out of use and revaluated."

cabbelini (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

"My Mom was supposed to have three infusions. After the first, she became ill with several side effects. She was so brave and went for her second one, two days later she was in the ER with a collapse lung. Her health declined so rapidly and she passed away one month later. I honestly feel it was the Keytruda, she would have lived longer without it. Please stay away from this drug."

Dee May 10, 2018

"Well my mom took one dose she had been tired, not much of an appetite. Have hope this will lengthen her life. We will see her when she has her scan done, hopefully it reduces."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

"My mother been on Keytruda for 6 months , is doing very well. Has had very little side effects. She has 4 stage lung and met bone cancer"

swayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2018

"We were hopeful and optimistic as my mother did not desire chemo or radiation to fight her cancer. Same day she received her first dose her heart began beating out of control. Had no family history of heart problems. Was admitted and died in hospital nine days later. Personally believe this drug took her life away sooner than the cancer would have if untreated. Miserable but quick end."

GoodSon (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

"This medication killed my brother..."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

"My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. After 2 treatments of Keytruda his cancer had spread like wildfire and his health severely declined. He then tried chemo but after just 3 treatments he was too weak and was put in hospice. He passed away just 4 months after being diagnosed."

Mike’s sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

"Came highly recommended by doc then 3 weeks later my mother passed away from this. The product does not work..even the hospice doctor said only 17% of people get cured..DO NOT GET THIS!!!! I THINK THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FAKE!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

"I have had numerous treatments over the past 18 months, now these didn't improve my general health, but that wasn't very bad at any time. I have now had 4 treatments of Keytruda & find that my general health has improved. My energy levels have certainly risen, certainly not as much tiredness as before, like l can walk 3 mile most days without any bother. Previous to starting this treatment l had great discomfort with fluid on my lung, this discomfort has now gone. I never had any side effects from getting Keytruda, me living a very normal life, long may it continue !!"

Fermanagh Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

"My father had Keytruda and now he is dead . Stay away from this form of treatment!!!! It does not lengthen your life it shortens it. It also stops all the good in your immunity. Please stay away from this drug!"

Tess Cathy November 17, 2017

"Had all of the requirements - PD-L1, 90% effaced, did not have the tumor mutations, 1st line of defense. Bought in to the "wonder" drug hype and it FAIL MISERABLY. Cancer metastasized. Now being treated with chemo and responding but it's too late"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017