User Reviews for Keytruda to treat Esophageal Carcinoma

Frankjw · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 23, 2021

“I was diagnosed with EC in Feb 2019. I did the Flot4 treatment for 3 months then I had the ivor Lewis surgery. I was offered keytruda after surgery but chose to not do this. At the time after the surgery I had no more cancer but 9 months later the cancer metastasized to my brain which is extremely rare. After my surgery to remove that tumor and 3 quick rounds of radiation I chose to do keytruda. I believe in my heart of hearts if I went on it after my ivor Lewis surgery then it would not had metastasized. I have been using it now for just over a year, with very few side effects. My advise though is to exercise so the fatigue does not take over. The treatments are simple and only last 30 minutes. I would not use it as a primary treatment for EC. Best is surgery then if offered keytruda.”

KMAX · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 5, 2020

“My husband's cancer was held at bay for over a year with chemotherapy and radiation. When he'd exhausted these treatments, Keytruda was recommended. After one month of this medicine, his cancer exploded throughout his body, especially his bones. The doctor admitted to us afterwards that this is what happens sometimes with this medication. He died just months after his first Keytruda dose.”

Rickim October 4, 2019

“Maybe it works for some but I knew after my husbands first dose of Keytruda something was wrong. I don't like new drugs for this reason they don’t test them enough and are hiding the effects of this drug. My husband was doing good until he took this drug. His cancer spread like wildfire after several doses of this drug. After 8 years of fighting esophageal cancer and it being fairly stable...he started this drug he now has adrenal cancer, cancer in his kidneys and brain cancer that will likely finish him off and guess what the esophageal cancer is still fairly stable. If we had stuck with traditional chemo I believe my husband would still be healthy. He had one problem after another from this medicine. I thought I did a good job checking this out. The Keytruda makers have so many ads and websites you can’t get to the reviews from real patients. Beware the side effects may worse then the help. Really know what your doing”