User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, Dioval 40, Dioval XX, Divigel, Dura-Estrin, Duragen, Elestrin, Elleste Solo, Esclim, Estra Pellets, Estra-C, Estra-V 40, Estrace, Estraderm, Estradiol G GAM, Estradiol Patch, Estradot, Estradot 100, Estradot 37.5, Estradot 50, Estradot 75, Estragyn LA 5, Estrapatch, Estrasorb, Estreva, Estro-Cyp, Estro-LA, Estro-Span 40, Estrofem, Estrogel, Estrogen Patches, Evamist, Evorel, Fematrix, Fempatch, Femring, Femsept, FemSeven, FemSeven Sequi Phase I, FemTab, Femtrace, Femtran, Gynodiol, Gynogen LA 20, Medidiol 10, Menaval-20, Menorest, Menorest Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Nuvelle TS Phase I, Oesclim, Oestradiol Implants, Oestrodose, Oestrogel, Oestrogel Pump-Pack, Organon Oestradiol, Oromone, Primogyn Depot, Progynova, Progynova TS, Provames, Sandrena, Systen, Thais, Thaissept, Valergen, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Zumenon …show all brand names

Gender Dysphoria

7.9

7 reviews
Summary of Estradiol reviews 7.4 201 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I absolutely LOVED this drug, until the insurance companies place in a different tier, requiring me to pay $240.00 every three months!!! I'm still hoping for a generic, so I can resume the medication."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch works great and doesn't come off, if you can ever get the backing to come off to actually put it on. The patch stretches and it is horrible to get off. takes about an hour after bending it to remove a portion and then pulling it apart trying not to wreck it. very frustrating. I have to use the patch because my insurance will no longer allow me to take the oral meds that worked great and had the same dosage. Ugh."

shelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: ""My severe menopausal symptoms stopped in 24 hours after application of this patch.""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have more energy and have noticed that I care about my physical appearance, I am sleeping better and can find words again on the brand name vivelle dot. The pharmacy tried to give me the generic but that doesn’t seem as effective. It’s way too expensive but am paying the price for a better quality of life."

SuperNana5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am not saying this patch doesn't work WHEN it stays on. For an expensive drug like this (Unbelieveable....I moved here from Ontario, Canada where it is not on the over 65 age "free drug" programs so I paid $90.00 Canadian for 12 patches.) I just paid $50.00 U.S. for the deductable for 4 patches. The pharmacist told me the cost was $285.00. Really...what is the matter with this industry here. THEN my big issue is no matter if the patch came from Canada or U.S. it does not stay on. I put rubbing alchohol and let it dry where I am putting the patch and it still comes off. This last time after 2 days. Really Bayer!!! Have you tested this adhesive on your researchers!!"

Gaellestorm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

Estrace (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Using this twice a week. Much more comfortable now with much less pain"

Lori March 26, 2018

Estraderm (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Only been on this patch for 2 weeks. Terrible heart palpitations and it raised my controlled blood pressure to the stage of doubling bp medication. I have had sore hips and pains thru body and weight gain already and itchy skin and constipation. So have ripped that patch off. Will do this menopause thing naturally."

Sally (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started on vivelle dot after taking several anti-depressants which only made my symptoms worse! I finally convinced doctors I did not need the anti-depressants. I take vivelle 0.375 in addition to progesterone. My postmenopausal symptoms were: hot flashes,3-4 hours of sleep nightly, brain fog, anxiety, weight loss, and many more. I am working closely with my doctor and vivelle dot has been life changing. It does take about 1 1/2 months for minor side effects of medicine to go away- be patient."

Need normalcy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2018

Femtrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "In 2013 I was told by my gynecologist that all of my problems were related to the fact that My estrogen level was low And I was having Menopause symptoms. I thought I was losing my mind and my husband said, there was something really wrong with me. This medication is dispensed under other names And is the same medication. Just do a search on the Internet for medications with the same medicine under different names."

Gone crazy February 6, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was put on Estradiol when I was 38 after a hysterectomy. I had no problems with it. I recently wean myself off of it. I have felt horrible every since. Hot flashes, mood swings, depression. and anxiety. I was on it for almost 17 years."

Sweet Dog January 2, 2018

Estrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Works great for vaginal atrophy. MD put me on 2 wks of 1mg nightly of vaginal estrace, followed by 1mg 2x a week. It's a bit messy so may opt for the Mona Lisa Touch laser for atrophy in the long run, but this does help greatly with lubrication and plumping atrophied vaginal tissues. I went into menopause at 30 due to surgical menopause so this made me feel more confident about myself sexually."

CityGal212 December 18, 2017

Estrace (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "try using castor oil..and look up castor oil packs also"

simpletoo December 4, 2017

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I recently stopped biodentical pellets and decided to try vivelle-dot .05 mg. It totally stopped my migraines; however, this dose did not help with insomnia or hot flashes and I suspect my GP will increase the dose. Now, my insurance will not cover the cost at all because I am over 65. Through a friend, I found that the manufacturer, Novartis, makes this patch in Europe under the name of Estradot. I ordered it online with a prescription. The difference is $32/month compared to $286/month for Vivelle-dot in US. When I opened the packet, they appear identical and work the same. Once my dose is adjusted I think these will be fine."

SpinxandMolly November 21, 2017

Climara (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "At the age of 43 I had a complete hysterectomy due to out of control endometriosis. One week after surgery my doctor prescribed Climara and almost 21 years later I'm still using it. I never have hot flashes or any other symptoms of menopause. The patches have occasionally come off but that's my own fault if I don't make sure to get it firmly attached. If you rub it on there really well it'll stay put all week. I don't ever plan to stop using them. I also skip using my insurance and order them from a Canadian Pharmacy and pay out of pocket. Cost with insurance in the US=$400 per month. Cost from Canada=$40 per month. It's the exact same thing, manufactured by Bayer."

Anonymous November 8, 2017

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Love the way this patch works! It completely halted my hot flashes. I'd give it a 10 but, more often than not, I have a devil of a time getting the backing off. It is very aggravating. At first, I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but they're all like that. Once I get it on, it stays on without any problems. Please fix the backing!!"

Marilyn Tiger November 7, 2017

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 23, I am now 45. I have taken the pills, shots, creams, patches and this is the only thing that actually works for all my needs. I'm so thankful. It's worth the money!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Seemed to do well with everything except the heat flashes and libido which are 2 major things."

Shellynbama November 3, 2017

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have used patch for nearly 30 years after total hysterectomy (first patch discontinued and switched to vivelle-dot approx 10 yrs ago). I have tried going off and feel not worth the agony. Have looked for generic but have found none that really the same although I see in the posts Sandoz recommended by someone so may try again. Vivelle (at least when on medicare) is very expensive with little or no coverage and if any co payment must jump through hoops---very discouraging. This is the only medication I use and at 72 feel great other than payments for this but justify good health comes at a price!"

smileorlaugh (taken for 10 years or more) November 3, 2017

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Warning - Itchy/painful I used Estradiol Patch (Sandoz) .025 mg for 2 months changing 2x a week. I also took Progesterone 100 mg daily. I'm 52, perimenopausal & suffer from hot flashes every hr during the night. Within a week the hot flashes disappeared BUT got my period every 9 days lasting 5 days so I only had a break of 3-4 days in between. 2 weeks ago I dropped Progesterone to 14 days a month and periods stopped. Shortly after I started to get very itchy & sore within a day of replacing the patch and the hot flashes came back with a vengeance. I now realize I developed an allergy to the patches and still have 8 rectangle discolored itchy patches that won't go away. I switched to Evamist 2 days ago and hope to get relief soon."

EnglishGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2017

Estradot 100 (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Have been on this patch and mirena coil now for about 18 months, fabulous, fabulous is not praise enough. Still get very rare flush but it does not last more than a minute and is not bothersome. Cannot live without it!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Just started the 1mg estradiol patch, at age 46. Post hysterectomy. Has anyone had abdominal pain from it?"

Afdmommy September 18, 2017

For Hypoestrogenism: "The gyno put me on 8 mg estradiol for 3 days, then 4 mg which quickly brought my non existent estradiol levels back to normal and stopped the horrible joint pains and anxiety. I had to lower the dose to 2 mg and even that is making me very, very tired. It also caused muscle atrophy! I used to be very lean and athletic now my body is soft and fatty. But....I sleep better and feel very relaxed. I'm 40 years old - and my hypothalamus doesn't make enough hormones. In addition I take 50 mcg vaginal tablet once a week - it shrank my clitoris! I also take a small dose of testosterone but the estradiol seems to overpower that. My libido is still gone."

Acctgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I've been using the estradiol patch for about a year. I just went from 0.025/mg weekly to 0.025/mg twice weekly. I have gotten several different forms (large round, regular clear, small clear) of the patch and have never had a problem with patches not adhering to my skin. The adhesive residue comes off with cotton ball and alcohol. You CANNOT use any lotion, cream or oil on the area where the patch is used. I did have to increase my dose because my symptoms took a spike, but the patch works well once about two weeks after starting."

astargzr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I would NOT recommend this patch to anyone. The company has printed in black ink the product name on the patch itself, which is beyond dumb!! The glue leaves huge circle on your underwear that will not come off. The glue leaves circles on your skin when the patch is removed, which is almost impossible to come off. I used Vivelle before and had none of these problems, plus the patch was half the size as this product. Insurance said this product was a generic and would no longer pay for the Vivelle."

Anonymous August 18, 2017

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 60 years old and have been using Climara 50 patches since 2008 (9 years). It has definitely relieved the night sweats and the constant anxiety feeling. I have tried a couple of times to go on a half dose but the symptoms resume, but I will try again. I have never had problems with the patch itself. The edge can be a little sticky when I put it on, but I always wipe a smear of talcum powder around it to prevent it sticking to my clothes. I now have a serious hearing problem (not resolved) so of course I'm concerned that it may be connected with this medication, but six years ago I had a massive amount of antibiotics for a staph infection following surgery, so of course this could be the cause."

DeJo August 18, 2017