User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Hypoestrogenism 6 reviews 36 medications

7.2
Summary of Estradiol reviews 156 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Estradiol

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a total hysterectomy. This was the best and most natural of anything I have used. I've tried creams, pills,bcompound pharmacies. This works the best"

JulesMJ2 May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estrace (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "Break into my house, steal EVERYTHING I own. But keep your hands OFF my Estrace."

Honeygirl9 May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Horrible"

Anonymous April 29, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 56 years old had no energy, gained a lot of weight, woke up sweating at night. Felt terrible. It took me 5 doctors but the last one said it was obviously estrogen deficiency. I have been taking the Mylan 0.05 mg transdermal patch and I feel reborn. I have energy. I'm not hot. I feel great. Only problem is the patches don't stay on. It may force me to change brands or something. They did stay on the first month when the temperatures were cooler but now that it is warmer and I am sweating they are falling off. Plus I exercise a lot which I am sure is contributing to this."

EC$$ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oophorectomy: "I tried the Estradiol (Climara) made by Mylan for all of 45 minutes! First of all, the darn thing is so huge, it would serve better as a coaster for my morning coffee! I'm a small woman and could find no feesible place on my body to put the patch. When I finally settled on a place and put it there, it fell off immediately!! And kept falling off! I finally taped it to me and went to bed. The next morning, it had fallen off even with the tape in place! I never experienced this with Minivelle or Vivelle-Dot! Their glue is incredible! Great! The latter 2 cost a bit more, but it's so worth it!"

Coaster for my coffee April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Day 1 and this patch has folded over itself and isn't sticking ... What a great start !"

Nicky53 April 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "At 46, I had a Total Abdominal hysterectomy 6 months ago due to adenomyosis and severe endometriosis. Had no hormone therapy at first the doctor took a wait and see approach. One month ago I started having intense hot flashes and joint inflammation. Doctor prescribed 1 mg estradiol a week ago and I noticed my symptoms vanished almost completely by day 2. I learned after trial in error that taking it in the morning works best for me as it gives me a ton of energy. I'm starting to feel human again."

Kordshog March 26, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I experienced an extreme menopause at 50: hot flashes, crying, brain fog, night sweats for 4 years. My female GYN would not prescribe HRT. My family committed me to a mental institution. I refused to take psych drugs. Afterward I followed up with a neuro-psychologist who agreed to have my primary care Dr. prescribe Vivelle.dot. Increasing it to 1.0 relieved me of all those horrible symptoms! I have used it for 5 years along with generic (TEV) premarin. A book which saved my life (besides THE BIBLE) is "OUTLIVING YOUR OVARIES" by Dr. Marina Johnson. She rescues women in menopause and men in andropause through hormone replacement therapy! I gave copies to several doctors and stressed to them the NEED for classes on menopause!"

Momma can cook (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this patch for one week and It keeps falling off. One shower and It is off. I didn't have any relief from this. Around the edges It collects dirt and then doesn't stick."

Marcia Robinson (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on this for 3.5 months as directed and it literally did not work at all at any dosage. I started with one spray, graduated to two after a few weeks, then three after about 8 weeks. It didn't seem to diminish my symptoms at all. I was having several hot flashes an hour and terrible insomnia. I switched to a patch 3 days ago and haven't had one hot flash and I've been sleeping more sound. Wish this could have worked for me. I'm not sure if it has to do with how thin my forearms are? No idea but it was like I used nothing at all."

VNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The Vivelle Dot 0.05 mg has greatly helped with the symptoms of menopause with minimal side effects. However, every insurance company I have been with these past 6 years has tried to put me on a generic version which have terrible side effects for me. Reading about other woman's experiences with the generic versions, I am not the only one suffering from the side effects of generic brands. Why do insurance companies keep forcing us to use mediocre replacements? Why can't the brand name be available to us at lower cost? I have to go through an aggravating process to try and get approved for the brand name and in the end still end up paying full price because it goes against my deductible."

BSB10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me"

Tennis 18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking progynova 1mg every 2nd day for the last month and was wanting to know if its side effects are pain in left chest area that comes and goes all day long"

Chezza5 November 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have increased from 1 mg to 1.5 mg, but still sweat alot, which is very life altering. The sweating is on my upper body and limits the shirts I can wear."

swheels November 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I just started taking this patch .05 three days ago. I feel slightly better but not what some people have described as "a new person". I am going to a HRT specialist next week to get a full panel of blood work. My regular doctor gave me the .05 because it was essentially an emergency. i felt nothing, lifeless, like laying in bed, no energy, weepy, completely and utterly depressed. I'm on antidepressants but this is worse than any depression I've experienced before. I'm completely spaced out and wish I could just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. It is taking all I have to be pleasant around my son and husband. I really help doing proper HRT works for me because this is absolutely dreadful."

Kymberly11 November 11, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started with perimenopause symptoms at 45 years old. Beginning with heart palputations and mild hot flashes. Shortly thereafter, all hell broke loose. Night sweats, hot flashes, crying, major insomnia and 18 pound weight gain in less than 1 year. I had no quality of life so I went on estrodial patch. I now feel human. Sleeping great and no night sweats. An ocassional hot flash but can live with that. Went off for about a year and almost everything came back with a vengeance. Back on!"

Dish79 October 26, 2016

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Started taking patch 6 days ago. I'm on the lowest dose so maybe it will take a little longer to take affect. Haven't felt any difference yet. I hope it helps because my feels so out of control. Pleeeeez help Patch"

Flipping Out!! (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I can't speak to the effectiveness of the Oral Estradiol at this point because I have not been on it long enough to write a comprehensive review, but I can say that I was put on the patch version of this estrogen replacement right after my radical hysterectomy due to cervical cancer in '09. While the tiny "dot" patch was discreet enough, it kept coming off frequently without me even knowing it was gone until I had to replace it. Sometimes I would forget which side I had placed the last one...sometimes I would forget that I had not taken off the last one and put on an additional one. I believe due to the inconsistency of the patch and the variables attached to it's use, I was unable to receive the full and best benefits of the hormone."

Waltzwithme (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using Estradiol for a week now and I only wish I would have gone and seen my doctor sooner. After one day I could tell a difference with my moods. I don't feel so wired or on edge any more. I did not notice my mood swings but I'm sure my family did...lol My hot flashes are gone. Thank you!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "A few months ago, my periods stopped and the hot flashes, night sweats, and crying jags hit me like a swarm of hornets. I knew it would happen eventually, but I had imagined they'd arrive solo, with polite introductions and a getting acquainted period. But, no. This was a full bore onslaught. After a few weeks of torture, I bowed down to the pharmaceutical gods, and secured a Climara Rx. I'm sensitive to meds, so I cut the patch in half. After just three days, my symptoms were completely gone. Worried about side effects, I removed the patch. Two months later, and I'm still symptom-free. Two days ago, I got my period. Did it forestall my menopause?"

AmyBee (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 50 years old I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in April and have been suffering wicked hot sweats. I would sweat so badly that my hair, legs feet, hands and face would get wet...so disgusting. It would take me a while to dry off. I started this patch on Monday and within 12 hours, I noticed a difference and within 24 hours, the wet sweats were gone. I have to keep all the fans on in my house and have an industrial fan that I would stand in front of during my flashes. Yesterday ( day 2), I did not have to turn on a single fan and my wet sweats are completely gone. I only had a headache the first night and now I feel fantastic and normal. I still have the occasional hot flash but it is short and I don't break out in a sweat."

TrudyEllen11 September 14, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "LOVE this estrogen therapy!!! Have tried the gels and patches and this is by far the easiest to use. It's like spraying perfume on before I walk out the door every morning, I'm only using one spray a day. Besides getting rid of my night sweats, I have more energy and feel much happier - even though I never knew how unhappy I really was until using Evamist. I got a co-pay card from my Dr and with my insurance it costs less than $25 a month. I think it's a bargain at any price! Strongly recommend you try it"

LuvmyHRT August 31, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was caught in a vicious cycle of soaking wet hot flash after soaking wet hot flash which caused me to become agitated which caused my heart to race ALL NIGHT LONG which then caused me to be irritable and I could barely focus during the day. My doctor started me on the estradiol patch .05 mg and within a few days I felt like a new person. I now go through the entire night maybe one minor hot flash and the resulting anxiety is gone. I sleep now better than I ever have. The only side effect I have noticed is that my breasts are a little tender but not enough to make me stop. If I wind up gaining a few pounds who cares I am a human being again."

MrsSPT August 23, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Atrophic Vaginitis: "I believe I don't need to take vagifem ,yes I have a prolapse ,I am awaiting an operation ,but the side effects have been terrible ,weight loss,loss of appetite ,enlarged stomach ,lethargic ,stomach pain , So I have decided not to continue with this medication ,"

Nanny1086 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on the Vivelle-dot for about 8 years. It took away all the unpleasantness of menopause: the insomnia, the crying, the hot flashes, the dizziness, the panic attacks. And I had absolutely no side effects. Life was great. Then, I stupidly tried to use something different in order to save money (the estradiol pill) and all the menopause horrors came back, along with new ones (nausea, acid reflux, non-stop migraines. I went back on the Vivelle-dot and felt so much better. Financially, it is a bit expensive, but I switched to the generic by Sandoz and it effects me the same as vivelle-dot. Pure bliss."

A Happy patch user (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016