User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, Dioval 40, Dioval XX, Divigel, Dura-Estrin, Duragen, Elestrin, Elleste Solo, Esclim, Estra Pellets, Estra-C, Estra-V 40, Estrace, Estraderm, Estradiol G GAM, Estradiol Patch, Estradot, Estradot 100, Estradot 37.5, Estradot 50, Estradot 75, Estragyn LA 5, Estrapatch, Estrasorb, Estreva, Estro-Cyp, Estro-LA, Estro-Span 40, Estrofem, Estrogel, Estrogen Patches, Evamist, Evorel, Fematrix, Fempatch, Femring, Femsept, FemSeven, FemSeven Sequi Phase I, FemTab, Femtrace, Femtran, Gynodiol, Gynogen LA 20, Medidiol 10, Menaval-20, Menorest, Menorest Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Nuvelle TS Phase I, Oesclim, Oestradiol Implants, Oestrodose, Oestrogel, Oestrogel Pump-Pack, Organon Oestradiol, Oromone, Primogyn Depot, Progynova, Progynova TS, Provames, Sandrena, Systen, Thais, Thaissept, Valergen, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Zumenon …show all brand names

Gender Dysphoria

5.5

1 review 152 medications
Summary of Estradiol reviews 7.4 204 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Severe hot flashes and mood swings every time I tried to get off Premarin. MY doctor introduced me to Estradiol Patch and I love the way my symptoms vanished. MY only negative, is at rare times the patch will not stay on. If I use a new one, I fall behind in treatments and cannot replace refills within time space."

Realtor (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 55 started estradiol and progesterone have not felt any difference. I'm still tired and no energy feeling don’t know what’s wrong"

Pam July 11, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I'm trying to use the patch now - the patch is so frustrating. I don't know what's worse the Hot Flashes or getting this damn thing off the sticker "

Karen June 30, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patches came off after 1 day! They stick strongly initially but after 1 sweaty workout, it came off! I paid $198 for 4 patches, I can't afford 1 a day!"

Jolli (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was having severe perimenopausal symptoms and my doctor gave me Divigel and within 2 days every symptom was gone. It's a life saver. I then had a total hysterectomy Ovaries included and had 1 hot flash cause I forgot to use it for 2 days after surgery and haven't had another symptom since and I make sure not to forget again. I take 1.25mg and it's the greatest thing ever. No side effects at all. Love it!!!"

Marsha (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "I just started using the patch a couple of months ago. It took me about half an hour to get the patch removed from the backing and ended up tearing it in half—very frustrating. I tried putting the patch in the fridge the night before application and it peeled away from the backing easily! I love the way the product works and now I don’t need to worry about struggling with the packaging."

Podfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this product for 6 months and it alleviated all my menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, restless leg, leg cramps, crankiness and sleep problems. I felt like my old self again and slept like a baby. I had problems at first with getting the patch on, but finally figured it out. At the beginning, I would put a tegaderm on top of the patch to keep on. Now I don't need that. I do use bar soap and do not moisturize that area. Lately, I am starting to get my leg cramps and restless leg back. Not sure why. Will need to go back to the Dr."

D (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on the brand name Minneville for several years and was fine. However, the genetic equivalent did NOT work for me. It was like I want even wearing it. I'm going back to the brand name."

Tmc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My hot flashes were horrible! I would have to change my night clothes during the night. From the first day I used Climara, they were gone, and I slept through the night. So happy!! I am NOT a fan of medication, but this has been a blessing. It does itch under the patch, and I get a rash sometimes. I had a problem getting a couple of them to stick, but Bayer replaced them. I've only been using it for two months, but I am pleased with its results. The backing is difficult to remove too."

Desperate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Using minivelle patches .05 mg. every 5 days and still getting hot flashes every night. I see the dose can be twice weekly. Should I use them more than every 5 days, or less"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I absolutely LOVED this drug, until the insurance companies place in a different tier, requiring me to pay $240.00 every three months!!! I'm still hoping for a generic, so I can resume the medication."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch works great and doesn't come off, if you can ever get the backing to come off to actually put it on. The patch stretches and it is horrible to get off. takes about an hour after bending it to remove a portion and then pulling it apart trying not to wreck it. very frustrating. I have to use the patch because my insurance will no longer allow me to take the oral meds that worked great and had the same dosage. Ugh."

shelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: ""My severe menopausal symptoms stopped in 24 hours after application of this patch.""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have more energy and have noticed that I care about my physical appearance, I am sleeping better and can find words again on the brand name vivelle dot. The pharmacy tried to give me the generic but that doesn’t seem as effective. It’s way too expensive but am paying the price for a better quality of life."

SuperNana5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am not saying this patch doesn't work WHEN it stays on. For an expensive drug like this (Unbelieveable....I moved here from Ontario, Canada where it is not on the over 65 age "free drug" programs so I paid $90.00 Canadian for 12 patches.) I just paid $50.00 U.S. for the deductable for 4 patches. The pharmacist told me the cost was $285.00. Really...what is the matter with this industry here. THEN my big issue is no matter if the patch came from Canada or U.S. it does not stay on. I put rubbing alchohol and let it dry where I am putting the patch and it still comes off. This last time after 2 days. Really Bayer!!! Have you tested this adhesive on your researchers!!"

Gaellestorm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

Estrace (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "Using this twice a week. Much more comfortable now with much less pain"

Lori March 26, 2018

Estraderm (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Only been on this patch for 2 weeks. Terrible heart palpitations and it raised my controlled blood pressure to the stage of doubling bp medication. I have had sore hips and pains thru body and weight gain already and itchy skin and constipation. So have ripped that patch off. Will do this menopause thing naturally."

Sally (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started on vivelle dot after taking several anti-depressants which only made my symptoms worse! I finally convinced doctors I did not need the anti-depressants. I take vivelle 0.375 in addition to progesterone. My postmenopausal symptoms were: hot flashes,3-4 hours of sleep nightly, brain fog, anxiety, weight loss, and many more. I am working closely with my doctor and vivelle dot has been life changing. It does take about 1 1/2 months for minor side effects of medicine to go away- be patient."

Need normalcy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2018

Femtrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "In 2013 I was told by my gynecologist that all of my problems were related to the fact that My estrogen level was low And I was having Menopause symptoms. I thought I was losing my mind and my husband said, there was something really wrong with me. This medication is dispensed under other names And is the same medication. Just do a search on the Internet for medications with the same medicine under different names."

Gone crazy February 6, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was put on Estradiol when I was 38 after a hysterectomy. I had no problems with it. I recently wean myself off of it. I have felt horrible every since. Hot flashes, mood swings, depression. and anxiety. I was on it for almost 17 years."

Sweet Dog January 2, 2018

Estrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Works great for vaginal atrophy. MD put me on 2 wks of 1mg nightly of vaginal estrace, followed by 1mg 2x a week. It's a bit messy so may opt for the Mona Lisa Touch laser for atrophy in the long run, but this does help greatly with lubrication and plumping atrophied vaginal tissues. I went into menopause at 30 due to surgical menopause so this made me feel more confident about myself sexually."

CityGal212 December 18, 2017

Estrace (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "try using castor oil..and look up castor oil packs also"

simpletoo December 4, 2017

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I recently stopped biodentical pellets and decided to try vivelle-dot .05 mg. It totally stopped my migraines; however, this dose did not help with insomnia or hot flashes and I suspect my GP will increase the dose. Now, my insurance will not cover the cost at all because I am over 65. Through a friend, I found that the manufacturer, Novartis, makes this patch in Europe under the name of Estradot. I ordered it online with a prescription. The difference is $32/month compared to $286/month for Vivelle-dot in US. When I opened the packet, they appear identical and work the same. Once my dose is adjusted I think these will be fine."

SpinxandMolly November 21, 2017

Climara (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "At the age of 43 I had a complete hysterectomy due to out of control endometriosis. One week after surgery my doctor prescribed Climara and almost 21 years later I'm still using it. I never have hot flashes or any other symptoms of menopause. The patches have occasionally come off but that's my own fault if I don't make sure to get it firmly attached. If you rub it on there really well it'll stay put all week. I don't ever plan to stop using them. I also skip using my insurance and order them from a Canadian Pharmacy and pay out of pocket. Cost with insurance in the US=$400 per month. Cost from Canada=$40 per month. It's the exact same thing, manufactured by Bayer."

Anonymous November 8, 2017

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Love the way this patch works! It completely halted my hot flashes. I'd give it a 10 but, more often than not, I have a devil of a time getting the backing off. It is very aggravating. At first, I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but they're all like that. Once I get it on, it stays on without any problems. Please fix the backing!!"

Marilyn Tiger November 7, 2017