User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, Dioval 40, Dioval XX, Divigel, Dura-Estrin, Duragen, Elestrin, Elleste Solo, Esclim, Estra Pellets, Estra-C, Estra-V 40, Estrace, Estraderm, Estradiol G GAM, Estradiol Patch, Estradot, Estradot 100, Estradot 37.5, Estradot 50, Estradot 75, Estragyn LA 5, Estrapatch, Estrasorb, Estreva, Estro-Cyp, Estro-LA, Estro-Span 40, Estrofem, Estrogel, Estrogen Patches, Evamist, Evorel, Fematrix, Fempatch, Femring, Femsept, FemSeven, FemSeven Sequi Phase I, FemTab, Femtrace, Femtran, Gynodiol, Gynogen LA 20, Medidiol 10, Menaval-20, Menorest, Menorest Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Nuvelle TS Phase I, Oesclim, Oestradiol Implants, Oestrodose, Oestrogel, Oestrogel Pump-Pack, Organon Oestradiol, Oromone, Primogyn Depot, Progynova, Progynova TS, Provames, Sandrena, Systen, Thais, Thaissept, Valergen, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Zumenon …show all brand names

Gender Dysphoria

5.5

1 review 154 medications
Summary of Estradiol reviews 7.3 214 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Femring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I went into full Menopause at 45 due to radiation for colon cancer. I did not know that was going to happen so suddenly. I've been on Estring for over a year with ok results. Still extremely painful intercourse, sweats and hit flashes. My Gyno switched me to Femring this month. Hopefully it works better for me. I will update in a few weeks and let everyone know how its working for me. Take care!"

Lala (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Vivelle Dot worked for me for hot flashes, headaches, and general crankiness, but the cost! $144 a month is considerable, and annoying, given what it's made of. BTW, these GoodRX ads do not reflect reality, in that I have taken them to all the pharmacies listed by them, and not once were they worth more then $3.00, and most of the time, nothing at all. I did try Minneville, and Estrodal patches, and neither one did a thing for my symptoms, and every time the pharmacist would tell it "it's the same thing" Quite obviously, the generic is not the same thing."

katie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am not sure why Climara 0.1mg patches no longer work to alleviate hot flashes, osteoporosis and atrophic vaginitis. I pay a lot for these patches and have noticed the boxes they come in are no longer sealed by Bayer. Bayer refuses to address this lack of efficacy and lack of integrity. No one should accept boxes of meds that are unsealed. Sorry I can no longer believe Bayer is doing their jobs. They have made millions from older women for years- but clearly don't respect us or they would address our concerns."

Camille (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "My insurance only covers the generic patches, The first 2 months of use.They were fine. Then I noticed the patch started to peel up at the corners and the hot flashes were trying to come back. I contacted Mylan since I was due to refill my script, they told me to try the box with the same lot number as before and if I experienced the same issues, to let them know, I contacted Mylan, Mylan contacted the pharmacy and Walgreen told the Mylan rep that they already swapped the lot out for me. Which they didn't. I called and talked to the pharmacist and this issue had happened to multiple customers. But the pharmacist should have verified the patient the box was swapped out, as it was not me. Today I get a letter from Mylan pretty much stating thanks for letting us know, but we don't have a problem. I will not get another refill of Mylan nor ever use another Mylan product. Mylan worked until they didn't, and if you let them know it doesn't. It's you and not their product because they do quality checks."

Sunny side up August 23, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The Alvogen generic and Climara are the only ones that are good.. Others give the product a bad name If you don't want to get osteoporosis in your 60's and wish to support your skin/ fat distribution, general health. You likely should take a low dose of estadiol as your periods become further apart, or cease.."

Jaylin (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this for about a year and a half. It has been a long process to have sex again without pain but it is getting better all the time. A good part of this is because of Femring. I'm able to have an orgasm again as well! Now with this and the help of acupuncture I am able to enjoy sex again. Still working on the libido part. Can't wait to really want sex again. Love my husband terribly and want to keep him happy and want the sex part of our relationship back like the good old days!"

D (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I'm 58, started full menopause at 56. I started using Climara 25 low dose after suffering nearly 2 years without a restful night of sleep. This patch is like a miracle, 7/8 hrs sleep nightly. I apply it roughly where my ovaries are and it never falls off. Menopause symptoms were ruining my day to day life, my internal temperature was always uncomfortable, I feel like a 10kg Gorilla has been lifted off my back. I am generally very sensitive to most medications."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I tried it for 4 days and couldn't take it, I only used 1/2 (I cut it) because I have had issues with the pill in the past causing weight gain and depression and wanted to start out slow and experiment, also my sisters dr told her to start out with just 1/2 and that worked for her. I thought it might be different now since I am post menopausal but it really wasn't that much different from when I used to try birth control pills. My anxiety itself may have lessened, but it basically traded itself for depression and it did not help my hot flashes at all, Maca and Dong Quai actually works better for me. I had more hot flashes on Climira than off. I slept well at the first couple of nights, but last night woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I removed nearly all of the patch today (I left a 1/4 to see if that will do anything and also I don't think it's good to go on and off abruptly) and am going back to Maca and Dong Quai. Too bad it didn't work for me."

Chelle August 2, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I love the effects of Estradiol Transdermal Patch on my severe hot flashes and mood swings. But because bathing water penetrates the glue and its difficult to get the patch to stay on more than 4-5 days. I've taped it on, placed a large bandaid over. Just anything to stretch out 7 days worth of use. This is a major issue with me because they only give you 4 patches a month. I've spoken with my pharmacist they suggested I contact the manufacturer. Does anyone else have this issue?"

Realtor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 24, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have used the ClimaraPro patch for years. It has always been a challenge to remove the patch from the clear plastic. Recently, the backing and adhesive have changed and it is now almost impossible to get the patches off the backing without damaging them. I urge Bayer to improve this. There is really no competition to this patch so we are a captive market - very frustrating and expensive product. I love the transdermal system but this new adhesive is impossible."

kathyj (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 19, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Severe hot flashes and mood swings every time I tried to get off Premarin. MY doctor introduced me to Estradiol Patch and I love the way my symptoms vanished. MY only negative, is at rare times the patch will not stay on. If I use a new one, I fall behind in treatments and cannot replace refills within time space."

Realtor (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 55 started estradiol and progesterone have not felt any difference. I'm still tired and no energy feeling don’t know what’s wrong"

Pam July 11, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I'm trying to use the patch now - the patch is so frustrating. I don't know what's worse the Hot Flashes or getting this damn thing off the sticker "

Karen June 30, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patches came off after 1 day! They stick strongly initially but after 1 sweaty workout, it came off! I paid $198 for 4 patches, I can't afford 1 a day!"

Jolli (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was having severe perimenopausal symptoms and my doctor gave me Divigel and within 2 days every symptom was gone. It's a life saver. I then had a total hysterectomy Ovaries included and had 1 hot flash cause I forgot to use it for 2 days after surgery and haven't had another symptom since and I make sure not to forget again. I take 1.25mg and it's the greatest thing ever. No side effects at all. Love it!!!"

Marsha (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: "I just started using the patch a couple of months ago. It took me about half an hour to get the patch removed from the backing and ended up tearing it in half—very frustrating. I tried putting the patch in the fridge the night before application and it peeled away from the backing easily! I love the way the product works and now I don’t need to worry about struggling with the packaging."

Podfan (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this product for 6 months and it alleviated all my menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, restless leg, leg cramps, crankiness and sleep problems. I felt like my old self again and slept like a baby. I had problems at first with getting the patch on, but finally figured it out. At the beginning, I would put a tegaderm on top of the patch to keep on. Now I don't need that. I do use bar soap and do not moisturize that area. Lately, I am starting to get my leg cramps and restless leg back. Not sure why. Will need to go back to the Dr."

D (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on the brand name Minneville for several years and was fine. However, the genetic equivalent did NOT work for me. It was like I want even wearing it. I'm going back to the brand name."

Tmc (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 25, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My hot flashes were horrible! I would have to change my night clothes during the night. From the first day I used Climara, they were gone, and I slept through the night. So happy!! I am NOT a fan of medication, but this has been a blessing. It does itch under the patch, and I get a rash sometimes. I had a problem getting a couple of them to stick, but Bayer replaced them. I've only been using it for two months, but I am pleased with its results. The backing is difficult to remove too."

Desperate (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2018

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Using minivelle patches .05 mg. every 5 days and still getting hot flashes every night. I see the dose can be twice weekly. Should I use them more than every 5 days, or less"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 6, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I absolutely LOVED this drug, until the insurance companies place in a different tier, requiring me to pay $240.00 every three months!!! I'm still hoping for a generic, so I can resume the medication."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patch works great and doesn't come off, if you can ever get the backing to come off to actually put it on. The patch stretches and it is horrible to get off. takes about an hour after bending it to remove a portion and then pulling it apart trying not to wreck it. very frustrating. I have to use the patch because my insurance will no longer allow me to take the oral meds that worked great and had the same dosage. Ugh."

shelly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 9, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: ""My severe menopausal symptoms stopped in 24 hours after application of this patch.""

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2018

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have more energy and have noticed that I care about my physical appearance, I am sleeping better and can find words again on the brand name vivelle dot. The pharmacy tried to give me the generic but that doesn’t seem as effective. It’s way too expensive but am paying the price for a better quality of life."

SuperNana5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 5, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am not saying this patch doesn't work WHEN it stays on. For an expensive drug like this (Unbelieveable....I moved here from Ontario, Canada where it is not on the over 65 age "free drug" programs so I paid $90.00 Canadian for 12 patches.) I just paid $50.00 U.S. for the deductable for 4 patches. The pharmacist told me the cost was $285.00. Really...what is the matter with this industry here. THEN my big issue is no matter if the patch came from Canada or U.S. it does not stay on. I put rubbing alchohol and let it dry where I am putting the patch and it still comes off. This last time after 2 days. Really Bayer!!! Have you tested this adhesive on your researchers!!"

Gaellestorm (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018