User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Estrace, Vivelle-Dot, Estradiol Patch, Divigel, Climara, Estraderm, Delestrogen, Minivelle, Evamist, Alora, Dotti, Femring Estrogel Elestrin Menostar Depo-Estradiol Estra Pellets …show all brand names

Atrophic Urethritis 10.0
Osteoporosis 4.0
Summary of Estradiol reviews 6.4 329 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Reality witch June 12, 2020

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Stopped using mylan estradiol because it was like wearing a smelly beer coaster. Switched to Miniville which work fine for over a year now I can’t get them to stay on overnight despite pre- treating area with etoh (alcohol) wipe. Then I get break through bleeding and my level was so low I had to supplement with po so what’s the point Looking for new reliable brand I won’t have to jangle too much with my insurance company to get I have to put a waterproof bandaid over it to keep it on for everyday never mind showering If that stays on why can’t they put an edge of that on it It costs enough”

Anonymous June 10, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I’ve been using Sandoz estradiol patch for nearly five years now. It has worked great for me! However, during this COVID19 pandemic I was unable to find the patches. My pharmacy issued Dotti which I had high hopes for after a bad experience with Mylan patches. The Dotti patch is easy to apply and stays on. However, I am not sleeping. I feel like it is a cheap made generic that doesn’t administer an accurate dosage.”

Khatgirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 7, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I've been using these patches for several years now. They work much better than the pills did. Once in a great while I would have one unstick a day or 2 early, so I would just replace it with the next one in the box. But due to the pandemic, I got a 3 month supply, and they are drastically not sticking (even after 4 days), and I am short 2 weeks before my insurance is willing to refill my script again. And my last one completely fell off this morning! Mylan needs to get a better adhesive for these. (I would give the drug a 10 rating if it stayed on)”

Switching patches · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: “I have been on the Mylan estradiol patch only since March 2020 and have patch-sized round burn like spots in every single place I’ve used this patch. The medication itself works fine for me but it hate the patch! It’s on the larger side and is thick and catches in clothing easily. If it gets wet at all it’ll peel right off. The material it’s made of holds moisture and halfway through the week it’s wet underneath no matter how long it has been since I’ve been in the water. I started putting tegaderm over it first thing but even still when I take it off it’s wet underneath and smells. It is unfortunately the only one my insurance will cover, however my dr is working in changing it to a combo patch. Hopefully insurance will approve it because I’m so tired of this one!”

PinkyNYC · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 6, 2020

Climara (estradiol) for Osteoporosis: “It is great! However we have to use medical tape over the top of it that we get on Amazon. I had medical tape from an orthopedic surgery to begin with. I am unable to apply the patch. My hubby has to do it for me. My bones were so bad it was like a 90 year old. 2 years on the patch and I have improved 7 points! (that is what the doctor said not sure what it means but he said that is rare!) HOWEVER after just a few days the patch is worn off and ineffective! But what are the other options? Not good! Generic doesn't work and other options filter through your liver! It is too expensive to not last more than a few days!”

Ruthie · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I used to use Climara. Great option. After I changes insurance I had to use a Mexican brand that worked really well. After I moved to another state I had to get a US brand. I was give Mylan Estradiol patches and after 2 days or less they fall off. I just feel I wasted my money and they are not cheap.”

Annoyed June 2, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: “I had a hysterectomy/bilateral oophorectomy in February 2019. Immediately after surgery I had hot flashes and high blood pressure. I was put on Climara and everything was better. My employer changed insurance providers 1/2020 and they no longer covered Climara. They substituted Sandoz. I started Sandoz in March 2020 after Climara ran out. I noticed right away that the Sandoz patches do not stick. After being on them a few weeks, I’ve had a 20lb weight gain, pitting edema in my legs, hot flashes, and headaches. Went to my Dr and all bloodwork was normal. Thyroid function is ok. The problem is the Sandoz patches. They are faulty. They curl even under hydrocolloid dressings. The inconsistent hormone level is wrecking havoc on my body. I filed a complaint with Sandoz. I now have to pay $150 for climara instead of the $25 for Sandoz. If Sandoz isn’t working for you, file a grievance with the company. They are putting out an inferior product. I’m also filing a complaint with the FDA.”

MissLeopard83 May 24, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: “I did not have a positive experience with this patch. I received the Minivelle dot and used it for a thin uterine lining. I wore it for about an hour and felt hot, clammy, dizzy, and my heart rate went through the roof. I also started sweating profusely. I immediately took it off and the symptoms went away a few hours later. Several months later, I unknowingly received the same script from my endocrinologist for Minivelle for primary ovarian failure due to endometriosis and PCOS complications. I decided to try it again - this time with a Xanax in case the symptoms were due to anxiety. They happened again anyway so it was confirmed that it was the patch. I am very sensitive to hormones and have not tolerate many forms of birth control pills, so I am not surprised.”

Marty · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 22, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have horrible hot flashes! Turning 61 this year. I wanted Climara , but insurance didn't pay for it $100.00... no can't do that! I got Sandoz .0375mg. Love everything about them, they are thin, they stay on, but I still have crazy hot flashes like 3-4 an hour. I'm supposed to put on twice a week, putting it on my calendar now! Maybe it will get better!”

Jan · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 17, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Never enough in tubes to use as directed! If I use half gram 3 time a week I always run out 3 weeks before my next refill is due. It is effective if I could get the full benefits of my prescription. I was getting the name brand it did last the 90 days..”

Dirt May 17, 2020

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This Divigel is good BUT I began experiencing a smothering feeling. My sinuses became extremely bad. Drainage was thick from throat to stomach. My chest felt like an elephant was standing on it. It will give tremendous relief with hot flashes. I’d rate it 10+. My experience with side effects if nothing changes -4.”

Sunny · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2020

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had high hopes for Climara but it’s nasty. In a day or two the glue leaches out around the edges and is black and sticky. Ugly!! I have not had issues with it falling off and I’m active and shower daily, but I took it to help with intimacy issues and it’s horrible to look at. Even my husband (who never comments like this) Said it’s unattractive and a turn off. Looks “dirty”. Maybe some kind of nice looking covering could work? I’m any case it’s solving a medical issue and causing an attractiveness one. I imagine no women on the design team...... I’m moving on.”

SusyQ · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 15, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This patch is so frustrating. It only stays on a couple of days because the material is it made of allows the water to soak in when you shower. Then the skin stays wet underneath and starts smelling sour. The adhesive on the edges irritate my skin and causes itching..What good is it if I can only get about 3 days out if it? I used to use a thinner patch made out of a different material and I never could tell I even had it on, but the company quit producing it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I just started using the Mylan Estradiol patch after using the gel. I wanted to try something more user friendly than the gel though the gel worked well. I have had the same terrible skin reactions to the patch as I’ve seen commented on this site. I called Mylan to file a product complaint and plan to do so with the FDA as well. I will ask my doctor to write for another type of patch.”

Unhappy Camper · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

Estrogen Patches (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had a total abdominal hysterectomy/bilateral oopherectomy in 2/19. I had elevated blood pressure and severe hot flashes, hair lose and irritability after surgery. My gym put me on Climara 0.5 mg patch and it worked to keep symptoms under control. In March 2020 my insurance switched to Sandoz. They are horrible! I’ve gained 15 lbs since switching in less than a month. My belly is bloated and I have pitting edema in my legs and feet. The patches do not stay on! I’m a nurse and I’ve used all of my tricks to keep them in place. I tried putting Tegaderm over it, only to have the patch scrunch up under the Tegaderm. My blood pressure is elevated and the hot flashes are back. I would not recommend Sandoz.”

June · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had the Sandoz patch and it was great - a nice, thin patch that I forget is there except that I feel much better. The next month, I got the Mylan patch that is covered by my provider. It is thicker, and catches just a little bit on the edges. More importantly, it leaves red marks underneath upon removing it, and small marks that look like burns around the edge. I've also seemed to have some itching around the patch while it is one. I will be switching back to Sandoz.”

VO · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 30, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “On estradiol with no problems at all - just with no insurance a bit pricey”

Charlotte · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 28, 2020

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Best thing I’ve ever done. I cut mine in half and put a waterproof bandaid on. I’m 64 and have been on the patch for 7 years plus. Must be on progesterone also. A must.”

drjudy · Taken for 10 years or more March 21, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Primary Ovarian Failure: “I started getting perimenopausal at age 34. I went on the estraderm patches which were a 5 layer gel patch, you could actually see the gel medication. They were the first estradiol patch produced and have probably been out of production 7 years. They were replaced by all these much cheaper to produce single layer patches with just a sticky adhesive side which is supposedly the drug delivery system. Climara, Vivelle, etc, NONE of them worked on me, my blood estrogen levels were at the most 19. Transvaginal delivery didn't work either. I don't believe in oral estrogens so now I inject myself IM every 2 weeks with estradiol valerate.”

gte · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2020

Estrofem (estradiol): “I used estrofem to delay ovulation (which in turn also delays menstruation). Took 2 mg on days 2,3,4, and 5 of my cycle. Lengthened my cycle from approx 23 days-28.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 23, 2020

Estradot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This medication took away my premature ovarian failure symptoms (Hot flashes, night sweats, etc,) and brought back libido, energy, decreased digestion problems, etc. Only problem it caused was weight redistribution and due to the fact it is transdermal - made me worried about working out or walking in hot weather (increase in medication absorbed ).”

Merk · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 12, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This drug has become prohibitive in price. The company needs to do something about this?”

peewee · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 31, 2020

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was on the Vivelle Dot 0.75 for years. There was a mix up at the pharmacy and I was switched to the Mylan brand of estradiol patches. Unbeknownst to me switching patches can cause bleeding in some people. I had bleeding and had to have an ultra sound to make sure I was ok, which I was. The Mylan 0.075 was perfect after the transition time. Now I am on 0.50 and it is working great. It sticks well and I have never noticed a smell. I only worry that this generic could change and I'd have another scary transition.”

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Dotti estradiol transdermal by amneal 0.025, is not effective compared to vivelle dot or Mylan. My agitation, hot flashes.... everything I felt before being on the hormone patch. I’ve given them 6 weeks and I feel awful.”

niki · Taken for 10 years or more January 23, 2020

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “been using femring for many year now my insurance charge with the deductible $450. I cannot afford that wish we get get this much cheaper”