User Reviews for Estradiol systemic

Also known as: Alora, Climara, Estradiol Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Vivelle-Dot

Gender Dysphoria

5.5

1 review 154 medications
Summary of Estradiol reviews 7.2 231 reviews

Reviews for Estradiol

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "These are horrible and at the drug store I heard another women complain. I tried them years ago and they were bigger and worse. They cost a fortune and they fall off with a couple days. They are big and thick and the whole time they are on they itch. For a months worth you are lucky if you get a weeks worth of med. There is a big difference between this and the original brand (which is good). They should be illegal."

Connie January 15, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "This review focuses mainly on the Mylan brand weekly patches as a generic for Climara. They are awful. Cons: They don't stick They don't deliver a consistent dose of estrogen They don't appear to deliver the advertised level of estrogen They are huge They are thick foam They are stiff foam They show underneath your clothes Pros: They seem to be the only available patch in my local market, possibly due to a surplus because they suck and nobody will voluntarily buy them if given a choice so they are easy to find. I have been on Vivelle Dot for 10 years with no issues, but switched to a weekly patch for a smoother delivery. I used the Alvogen brand generic for 2 years with no problems, but was switched to Mylan 12/2018. My first patch fell off in 24 hours. My second patch stuck, but I was experiencing non-stop hot flashes. I decided they sucked and drove 45 minutes to the nearest pharmacy that still had a box of Alvogen brand. My symptoms stopped within an hour."

Entrelac January 11, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on Minivelle patches for 2 years when my insurance decided they would no longer pay for them. I was given the generic by Mylan and it is bigger than the Minivelle patch. It helps some. When I was on the Minevelle patch, I was able to sleep thru the night and did not experience any hot flashes. With the Mylan patch, I do not sleep thru the night and hot flashes are sporadic. My rating is based off of the Mylan brand. I would give Minivelle a 9."

sweetpea (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "I have been on a Estradiol Patch for 19 years since I had a full hysterectomy and ovaries removed. I have other issues that warrant me to continue to stay on the patch for now. I was lucky the last few years to use the Estradiol Transdermal System 0.05 mg patch from Alvogen filled by CVS pharmacy. Unfortunately my insurance has changed and I have to use Walgreens now. They are filling my prescription with the Estradiol Transdermal System 0.05 mg patch by Mylan. Mylan is the worst! With 19 years experience, it falls off ALL THE TIME! In hot weather, after a shower, just because. I am going to try to find a pharmacy in my network that does not use Mylan brand and see if I can get back to use Alvogens brand. Alvogen is the best by far. Mylan brand should be off the market, it is the WORST!"

Linda Joy (taken for 10 years or more) January 6, 2019

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was prescribed the climara .25 patch for night sweats , achy joints, and not sleeping well, I am 58 years old and just went in to full menopause ( late bloomer)... I have not had any issues with taking the backing off or having it stay on for the week. I went back to the doctors after a month to review how I was feeling, still was having issues with aching joints especially my knees, but have slept better and night sweats pretty gone. She did increase the patch to .50 for me to see if that will help with the joint pain. I cannot take HRT orally as bother my stomach a great deal after about 5 days , so far think the .50mg better suited for my needs. Good product !"

LAURA (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I used the Femring for over 6 years, with almost fantastic results. It was so easy to forget it was there. Took care of the hot flashes immediately thank heavens but still needed to use Premarin cream on occasion for an vulva itch. Problem was my insurance just kept upping my copay then finally just quit paying for it which made the price over $700 which I refuse to pay. Now started using Imvexxy and not thrilled so far. Thank god the itch has disappeared but the hot flashes are back with a vengeance!! Still waiting for my body to adjust..."

Joycar (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2018

Alora (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The patches are large compared my new patches I have just swopped to. 1/3 of the patches do not stick well and fell off and had to be replaced. I finally switched to a different brand and no more problems."

Vicki (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "This is specifically about the MYLAN generic substitute for the Climara estradiol patch. Let me add mine to the chorus of frustrated voices: this product should be withdrawn by the FDA & insurance should not cover it. It's ineffective due to its defective delivery system. The patch is large, thick and stiff, and the adhesive is poor. I am a daily swimmer. It falls off after 2-3 days and cannot be reattached. The package insert says "may fall off after swimming, saunas, AND SHOWERING!!!" Well thanks a lot! That knowledge cost me $150. The Climara patch, on the other hand, has been extremely effective. Been on it for years. Addressed my volatility and depression and my bone density has not declined in a decade. It's clear, thin, small, flexible, and adheres all week."

True Lotus (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "I have used this transdermal patch for nearly 3 years after my complete hysterectomy. I have not had any side effects nor have I experienced any menopausal symptoms. These patches are quite large and I would like to see the manufacturer develop a smaller patch. I have only had a few instances where the patch came off on its own but, at the time, I was doing quite a bit of water activities while on a beach vacation. The sticky residue left behind after removing is rather annoying but it helps to use an alcohol swab to get it off. Overall, I have been happy with this patch but would really like it to be much smaller in size."

Annanana (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "It had already lost it adhesive before I attempted to put it on. When I put it on 1/2 when transparent and the other 1/2 stayed clouded. I was on this for Ovarian / Ovaries removed (oophorectomy). I was a crying mess after day 3. These patches do not work. We called the doctor to get a different kind. I'm sweaty, I'm irritated. Just not good medicine."

AG Happy (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "A BIG zero! I've tried generic Mylan estradiol patches, the Minivelle patches and both I had to increase and increase because the doses never got my levels up, even at the highest dose. Finally went to new doc and am on implanted SottoPelle pellets and its been wonderful all my symptoms are gone and I only have to get new pellets once every 4-6 months. The patches are a waste of time, if you go out in the sun or in a hot tub the patches release a huge dose of the estradiol due to heat then you are stuck with low hormones again before its time to change the patch. It's a constant see-saw effect on your body which can make you feel horrible. Patches are an ineffective way to keep estrogen at a steady level."

JA (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2018

Divigel (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Taking .25mg 1/x daily. Thought I could get through radical hysterectomy without HRT and suffered 8 months with minor symptoms as hot flashes, but most significant was major depression. Mental chemistry balances out within 30/60 minutes of Divigel application. To date not noticing any side effects."

LisaRenee (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2018

For Gender Dysphoria: "Estrogen It's the bestrogen Makes grow of breastrogen But seriously, I can't recommend estradiol enough. I've been taking it sublingually for around 4 months now (2mg daily for the first 3 months, increased to 4mg last month) and I feel like an entirely different person. My skin feels so much softer (even though it's still just as dry >:( ), and I've noticed a fair bit of breast growth (they look a bit bigger but feel much different due to an increased amount of tissue), as well as more fat on my face. The one downside is the mood effects; my emotional lows are pretty low. Luckily my highs are much higher than they ever were before. I'd recommend any trans woman get on estradiol ASAP (provided they're not on it already haha)"

jessnotjesse (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Poor quality with manufacturing. Product will not stay in without tape!"

S November 4, 2018

Minivelle (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using the Vivelle Dot for many years. It was a God send...a true miracle and I loved it. Then out of the blue, my insurance substituted the Minivelle patch for my Vivelle. Within a couple of weeks, my hot flashes and irritability came back...my quality of life was awful! Needless to say, I went back on the Vivelle patch and life was good again. Personally, I will never use the Minivelle again."

Annie (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am a 70 year old woman that has been using this for the past seven years. It is wonderful but it doesn't last the full 90 days as advertised. I change it out at 75 days and find I have no drop-off in estrogen. My insurance allows and the $100 copay is worth it. My sex life is as great as it was prior to menopause and you don't have to remove it for intercourse. I highly recommend this medication!"

Babycakes (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 31, 2018

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was having hot flashes with heavy sweating issues every couple of hours it was horrible but after explaining this to my doctor she prescribed me the patch and it worked immediately my heavy sweating has stopped and the hot flashes are very few...I am so happy the only problem is my patch stays on for about 4-5 days and then it starts coming off but other than that I love this patch..."

Trina48 (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Atrophic Vaginitis: "I went into full Menopause at 45 due to radiation for colon cancer. I did not know that was going to happen so suddenly. I've been on Estring for over a year with ok results. Still extremely painful intercourse, sweats and hit flashes. My Gyno switched me to Femring this month. Hopefully it works better for me. I will update in a few weeks and let everyone know how its working for me. Take care!"

Lala (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Vivelle Dot worked for me for hot flashes, headaches, and general crankiness, but the cost! $144 a month is considerable, and annoying, given what it's made of. BTW, these GoodRX ads do not reflect reality, in that I have taken them to all the pharmacies listed by them, and not once were they worth more then $3.00, and most of the time, nothing at all. I did try Minneville, and Estrodal patches, and neither one did a thing for my symptoms, and every time the pharmacist would tell it "it's the same thing" Quite obviously, the generic is not the same thing."

katie (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am not sure why Climara 0.1mg patches no longer work to alleviate hot flashes, osteoporosis and atrophic vaginitis. I pay a lot for these patches and have noticed the boxes they come in are no longer sealed by Bayer. Bayer refuses to address this lack of efficacy and lack of integrity. No one should accept boxes of meds that are unsealed. Sorry I can no longer believe Bayer is doing their jobs. They have made millions from older women for years- but clearly don't respect us or they would address our concerns."

Camille (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 2, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Oophorectomy: "My insurance only covers the generic patches, The first 2 months of use.They were fine. Then I noticed the patch started to peel up at the corners and the hot flashes were trying to come back. I contacted Mylan since I was due to refill my script, they told me to try the box with the same lot number as before and if I experienced the same issues, to let them know, I contacted Mylan, Mylan contacted the pharmacy and Walgreen told the Mylan rep that they already swapped the lot out for me. Which they didn't. I called and talked to the pharmacist and this issue had happened to multiple customers. But the pharmacist should have verified the patient the box was swapped out, as it was not me. Today I get a letter from Mylan pretty much stating thanks for letting us know, but we don't have a problem. I will not get another refill of Mylan nor ever use another Mylan product. Mylan worked until they didn't, and if you let them know it doesn't. It's you and not their product because they do quality checks."

Sunny side up August 23, 2018

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The Alvogen generic and Climara are the only ones that are good.. Others give the product a bad name If you don't want to get osteoporosis in your 60's and wish to support your skin/ fat distribution, general health. You likely should take a low dose of estadiol as your periods become further apart, or cease.."

Jaylin (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this for about a year and a half. It has been a long process to have sex again without pain but it is getting better all the time. A good part of this is because of Femring. I'm able to have an orgasm again as well! Now with this and the help of acupuncture I am able to enjoy sex again. Still working on the libido part. Can't wait to really want sex again. Love my husband terribly and want to keep him happy and want the sex part of our relationship back like the good old days!"

D (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 6, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I'm 58, started full menopause at 56. I started using Climara 25 low dose after suffering nearly 2 years without a restful night of sleep. This patch is like a miracle, 7/8 hrs sleep nightly. I apply it roughly where my ovaries are and it never falls off. Menopause symptoms were ruining my day to day life, my internal temperature was always uncomfortable, I feel like a 10kg Gorilla has been lifted off my back. I am generally very sensitive to most medications."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2018

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I tried it for 4 days and couldn't take it, I only used 1/2 (I cut it) because I have had issues with the pill in the past causing weight gain and depression and wanted to start out slow and experiment, also my sisters dr told her to start out with just 1/2 and that worked for her. I thought it might be different now since I am post menopausal but it really wasn't that much different from when I used to try birth control pills. My anxiety itself may have lessened, but it basically traded itself for depression and it did not help my hot flashes at all, Maca and Dong Quai actually works better for me. I had more hot flashes on Climira than off. I slept well at the first couple of nights, but last night woke up at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. I removed nearly all of the patch today (I left a 1/4 to see if that will do anything and also I don't think it's good to go on and off abruptly) and am going back to Maca and Dong Quai. Too bad it didn't work for me."

Chelle August 2, 2018