User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Gender Dysphoria 2 reviews 0 medications

Hypoestrogenism 6 reviews 36 medications

7.2
Summary of Estradiol reviews 164 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Estradiol

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was first placed in the generic estridol patch made be Mylan and suffered with theses horrible patches for 3 months until my Dr agreed to place me on the brand name. First of all I had very little relief from my symptoms due to the genetic bullseye (it's approx 2 inches round) falling off! The adhesion is subpar therefore I was not receiving adequate efficacy from this product. I used tegaderm and even waterproof medical tape to keep the patches on but doing so caused skin tears and irritation. I just started the new Brand this week and I am hoping for better results. It is much smaller and hasn't washed off on Day 2 yet."

GigiCC July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "My insurance company made me change from the patches I was using to these. I guess you get what you pay for. I used the other brand for 2 years with no problems. These Estradiol patches keep falling off!! I guess it's OK since the insurance company saved some money. Calling the insurance company now!"

I hate this brand! July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa"

Cocoa 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Primary Ovarian Failure: "I am 18 and was diagnosed with Primary Ovarian failure. The patch is ok, but I don't get enough estrogen and have to take an extra pill everyday. At first, I gained weight from taking this estrogen and I got super moody. I have been able to control my mood for the most part, and I don't think I will gain anymore weight. If I forget to put a patch on, my hot flashes get really awful. My periods are now about 4 months apart and the patch was the safest option in case I try to get pregnant. Overall the patch is alright. I would recommend it to women older than me."

BXBXBXBX June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The Estrace cream burned me so severely, I have open sores."

SweetSydney (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I love it. I don't have any problems at all. I'm so happy my Doctor prescribed this its amazing. I will recommend if your Doctor prescribed to you is excellent."

Renatita May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Mylan Estrodial .01 patches caused a rash (allergy) "

nherron52 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "For you wonderful ladies that cannot get your patches to stay on which I have found with most brands! One pull up of the trousers and it's disappeared! Or swimming in the bathtub with me. I now use 3M White waterproof medical tape over the patch! NEVER comes off! Spread the word!"

Sniffercat1234 May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Femring (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I had a total hysterectomy. This was the best and most natural of anything I have used. I've tried creams, pills,bcompound pharmacies. This works the best"

JulesMJ2 May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace (estradiol) for Hypoestrogenism: "Break into my house, steal EVERYTHING I own. But keep your hands OFF my Estrace."

Honeygirl9 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Horrible"

Anonymous April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estradiol Patch (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I am 56 years old had no energy, gained a lot of weight, woke up sweating at night. Felt terrible. It took me 5 doctors but the last one said it was obviously estrogen deficiency. I have been taking the Mylan 0.05 mg transdermal patch and I feel reborn. I have energy. I'm not hot. I feel great. Only problem is the patches don't stay on. It may force me to change brands or something. They did stay on the first month when the temperatures were cooler but now that it is warmer and I am sweating they are falling off. Plus I exercise a lot which I am sure is contributing to this."

EC$$ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Oophorectomy: "I tried the Estradiol (Climara) made by Mylan for all of 45 minutes! First of all, the darn thing is so huge, it would serve better as a coaster for my morning coffee! I'm a small woman and could find no feesible place on my body to put the patch. When I finally settled on a place and put it there, it fell off immediately!! And kept falling off! I finally taped it to me and went to bed. The next morning, it had fallen off even with the tape in place! I never experienced this with Minivelle or Vivelle-Dot! Their glue is incredible! Great! The latter 2 cost a bit more, but it's so worth it!"

Coaster for my coffee April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Day 1 and this patch has folded over itself and isn't sticking ... What a great start !"

Nicky53 April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "At 46, I had a Total Abdominal hysterectomy 6 months ago due to adenomyosis and severe endometriosis. Had no hormone therapy at first the doctor took a wait and see approach. One month ago I started having intense hot flashes and joint inflammation. Doctor prescribed 1 mg estradiol a week ago and I noticed my symptoms vanished almost completely by day 2. I learned after trial in error that taking it in the morning works best for me as it gives me a ton of energy. I'm starting to feel human again."

Kordshog March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I experienced an extreme menopause at 50: hot flashes, crying, brain fog, night sweats for 4 years. My female GYN would not prescribe HRT. My family committed me to a mental institution. I refused to take psych drugs. Afterward I followed up with a neuro-psychologist who agreed to have my primary care Dr. prescribe Vivelle.dot. Increasing it to 1.0 relieved me of all those horrible symptoms! I have used it for 5 years along with generic (TEV) premarin. A book which saved my life (besides THE BIBLE) is "OUTLIVING YOUR OVARIES" by Dr. Marina Johnson. She rescues women in menopause and men in andropause through hormone replacement therapy! I gave copies to several doctors and stressed to them the NEED for classes on menopause!"

Momma can cook (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been using this patch for one week and It keeps falling off. One shower and It is off. I didn't have any relief from this. Around the edges It collects dirt and then doesn't stick."

Marcia Robinson (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Evamist (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I was on this for 3.5 months as directed and it literally did not work at all at any dosage. I started with one spray, graduated to two after a few weeks, then three after about 8 weeks. It didn't seem to diminish my symptoms at all. I was having several hot flashes an hour and terrible insomnia. I switched to a patch 3 days ago and haven't had one hot flash and I've been sleeping more sound. Wish this could have worked for me. I'm not sure if it has to do with how thin my forearms are? No idea but it was like I used nothing at all."

VNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "The Vivelle Dot 0.05 mg has greatly helped with the symptoms of menopause with minimal side effects. However, every insurance company I have been with these past 6 years has tried to put me on a generic version which have terrible side effects for me. Reading about other woman's experiences with the generic versions, I am not the only one suffering from the side effects of generic brands. Why do insurance companies keep forcing us to use mediocre replacements? Why can't the brand name be available to us at lower cost? I have to go through an aggravating process to try and get approved for the brand name and in the end still end up paying full price because it goes against my deductible."

BSB10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me"

Tennis 18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have been taking progynova 1mg every 2nd day for the last month and was wanting to know if its side effects are pain in left chest area that comes and goes all day long"

Chezza5 November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I have increased from 1 mg to 1.5 mg, but still sweat alot, which is very life altering. The sweating is on my upper body and limits the shirts I can wear."

swheels November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I just started taking this patch .05 three days ago. I feel slightly better but not what some people have described as "a new person". I am going to a HRT specialist next week to get a full panel of blood work. My regular doctor gave me the .05 because it was essentially an emergency. i felt nothing, lifeless, like laying in bed, no energy, weepy, completely and utterly depressed. I'm on antidepressants but this is worse than any depression I've experienced before. I'm completely spaced out and wish I could just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. It is taking all I have to be pleasant around my son and husband. I really help doing proper HRT works for me because this is absolutely dreadful."

Kymberly11 November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: "I started with perimenopause symptoms at 45 years old. Beginning with heart palputations and mild hot flashes. Shortly thereafter, all hell broke loose. Night sweats, hot flashes, crying, major insomnia and 18 pound weight gain in less than 1 year. I had no quality of life so I went on estrodial patch. I now feel human. Sleeping great and no night sweats. An ocassional hot flash but can live with that. Went off for about a year and almost everything came back with a vengeance. Back on!"

Dish79 October 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: "Started taking patch 6 days ago. I'm on the lowest dose so maybe it will take a little longer to take affect. Haven't felt any difference yet. I hope it helps because my feels so out of control. Pleeeeez help Patch"

Flipping Out!! (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2016