User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 156 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Estradot 100 (estradiol): "Have been on this patch and mirena coil now for about 18 months, fabulous, fabulous is not praise enough. Still get very rare flush but it does not last more than a minute and is not bothersome. Cannot live without it!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Just started the 1mg estradiol patch, at age 46. Post hysterectomy. Has anyone had abdominal pain from it?"

Afdmommy September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using the estradiol patch for about a year. I just went from 0.025/mg weekly to 0.025/mg twice weekly. I have gotten several different forms (large round, regular clear, small clear) of the patch and have never had a problem with patches not adhering to my skin. The adhesive residue comes off with cotton ball and alcohol. You CANNOT use any lotion, cream or oil on the area where the patch is used. I did have to increase my dose because my symptoms took a spike, but the patch works well once about two weeks after starting."

astargzr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I would NOT recommend this patch to anyone. The company has printed in black ink the product name on the patch itself, which is beyond dumb!! The glue leaves huge circle on your underwear that will not come off. The glue leaves circles on your skin when the patch is removed, which is almost impossible to come off. I used Vivelle before and had none of these problems, plus the patch was half the size as this product. Insurance said this product was a generic and would no longer pay for the Vivelle."

Anonymous August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I am 60 years old and have been using Climara 50 patches since 2008 (9 years). It has definitely relieved the night sweats and the constant anxiety feeling. I have tried a couple of times to go on a half dose but the symptoms resume, but I will try again. I have never had problems with the patch itself. The edge can be a little sticky when I put it on, but I always wipe a smear of talcum powder around it to prevent it sticking to my clothes. I now have a serious hearing problem (not resolved) so of course I'm concerned that it may be connected with this medication, but six years ago I had a massive amount of antibiotics for a staph infection following surgery, so of course this could be the cause."

DeJo August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I have been using the .45/15 patch for 30 years and feel great. I am 75 and I am strong, work out and look good. Compared to other women my age, no one can guess my age. I attribute my bone strength, cardio vascular health and overall wellbeing to Climara. I know that there may be issues for some women but for me, it has been a lifesaver."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I've been on the Climara Pro patch for two weeks now and already notice a marked decrease in hot flashes and mood swings. The night sweats and sleeplessness continue but I'm hoping that, too, will soon improve. My only and biggest complaint with this product is the next to impossible to remove plastic backing! It simply refuses to come off easily! Every time I've had to change the patch has been a battle. I end up with a patch that is torn on the edges, has holes in the middle, and I'm supposed to be able to stick it to my skin in that condition. And it's not like I can just toss it out and start over with another patch. Not at those prices!! There has to be a better way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not stay adhered to skin, so I'd have to say it is a failure."

Anonymous July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was first placed in the generic estridol patch made be Mylan and suffered with theses horrible patches for 3 months until my Dr agreed to place me on the brand name. First of all I had very little relief from my symptoms due to the genetic bullseye (it's approx 2 inches round) falling off! The adhesion is subpar therefore I was not receiving adequate efficacy from this product. I used tegaderm and even waterproof medical tape to keep the patches on but doing so caused skin tears and irritation. I just started the new Brand this week and I am hoping for better results. It is much smaller and hasn't washed off on Day 2 yet."

GigiCC July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My insurance company made me change from the patches I was using to these. I guess you get what you pay for. I used the other brand for 2 years with no problems. These Estradiol patches keep falling off!! I guess it's OK since the insurance company saved some money. Calling the insurance company now!"

I hate this brand! July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa"

Cocoa 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estrace (estradiol): "The Estrace cream burned me so severely, I have open sores."

SweetSydney (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I love it. I don't have any problems at all. I'm so happy my Doctor prescribed this its amazing. I will recommend if your Doctor prescribed to you is excellent."

Renatita May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Mylan Estrodial .01 patches caused a rash (allergy) "

nherron52 May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For you wonderful ladies that cannot get your patches to stay on which I have found with most brands! One pull up of the trousers and it's disappeared! Or swimming in the bathtub with me. I now use 3M White waterproof medical tape over the patch! NEVER comes off! Spread the word!"

Sniffercat1234 May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Femring (estradiol): "I had a total hysterectomy. This was the best and most natural of anything I have used. I've tried creams, pills,bcompound pharmacies. This works the best"

JulesMJ2 May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "Horrible"

Anonymous April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I am 56 years old had no energy, gained a lot of weight, woke up sweating at night. Felt terrible. It took me 5 doctors but the last one said it was obviously estrogen deficiency. I have been taking the Mylan 0.05 mg transdermal patch and I feel reborn. I have energy. I'm not hot. I feel great. Only problem is the patches don't stay on. It may force me to change brands or something. They did stay on the first month when the temperatures were cooler but now that it is warmer and I am sweating they are falling off. Plus I exercise a lot which I am sure is contributing to this."

EC$$ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "Day 1 and this patch has folded over itself and isn't sticking ... What a great start !"

Nicky53 April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At 46, I had a Total Abdominal hysterectomy 6 months ago due to adenomyosis and severe endometriosis. Had no hormone therapy at first the doctor took a wait and see approach. One month ago I started having intense hot flashes and joint inflammation. Doctor prescribed 1 mg estradiol a week ago and I noticed my symptoms vanished almost completely by day 2. I learned after trial in error that taking it in the morning works best for me as it gives me a ton of energy. I'm starting to feel human again."

Kordshog March 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I experienced an extreme menopause at 50: hot flashes, crying, brain fog, night sweats for 4 years. My female GYN would not prescribe HRT. My family committed me to a mental institution. I refused to take psych drugs. Afterward I followed up with a neuro-psychologist who agreed to have my primary care Dr. prescribe Vivelle.dot. Increasing it to 1.0 relieved me of all those horrible symptoms! I have used it for 5 years along with generic (TEV) premarin. A book which saved my life (besides THE BIBLE) is "OUTLIVING YOUR OVARIES" by Dr. Marina Johnson. She rescues women in menopause and men in andropause through hormone replacement therapy! I gave copies to several doctors and stressed to them the NEED for classes on menopause!"

Momma can cook (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I have been using this patch for one week and It keeps falling off. One shower and It is off. I didn't have any relief from this. Around the edges It collects dirt and then doesn't stick."

Marcia Robinson (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Evamist (estradiol): "I was on this for 3.5 months as directed and it literally did not work at all at any dosage. I started with one spray, graduated to two after a few weeks, then three after about 8 weeks. It didn't seem to diminish my symptoms at all. I was having several hot flashes an hour and terrible insomnia. I switched to a patch 3 days ago and haven't had one hot flash and I've been sleeping more sound. Wish this could have worked for me. I'm not sure if it has to do with how thin my forearms are? No idea but it was like I used nothing at all."

VNic (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "The Vivelle Dot 0.05 mg has greatly helped with the symptoms of menopause with minimal side effects. However, every insurance company I have been with these past 6 years has tried to put me on a generic version which have terrible side effects for me. Reading about other woman's experiences with the generic versions, I am not the only one suffering from the side effects of generic brands. Why do insurance companies keep forcing us to use mediocre replacements? Why can't the brand name be available to us at lower cost? I have to go through an aggravating process to try and get approved for the brand name and in the end still end up paying full price because it goes against my deductible."

BSB10 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Climara (estradiol): "I have been wearing this patch for one week now. I am on my 4th patch. They keep coming off in the shower. I am very athletic and like to shower 2X a day. This is not a sustainable product because of that alone. I have also felt zero relief with this patch on for a week. I did call the company and they replaced a full box for me"

Tennis 18 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017