User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, Dioval 40, Dioval XX, Divigel, Dura-Estrin, Duragen, Elestrin, Elleste Solo, Esclim, Estra Pellets, Estra-C, Estra-V 40, Estrace, Estraderm, Estradiol G GAM, Estradiol Patch, Estradot, Estradot 100, Estradot 37.5, Estradot 50, Estradot 75, Estragyn LA 5, Estrapatch, Estrasorb, Estreva, Estro-Cyp, Estro-LA, Estro-Span 40, Estrofem, Estrogel, Estrogen Patches, Evamist, Evorel, Fematrix, Fempatch, Femring, Femsept, FemSeven, FemSeven Sequi Phase I, FemTab, Femtrace, Femtran, Gynodiol, Gynogen LA 20, Medidiol 10, Menaval-20, Menorest, Menorest Patch, Menostar, Minivelle, Nuvelle TS Phase I, Oesclim, Oestradiol Implants, Oestrodose, Oestrogel, Oestrogel Pump-Pack, Organon Oestradiol, Oromone, Primogyn Depot, Progynova, Progynova TS, Provames, Sandrena, Systen, Thais, Thaissept, Valergen, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Zumenon …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 155 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I started on vivelle dot after taking several anti-depressants which only made my symptoms worse! I finally convinced doctors I did not need the anti-depressants. I take vivelle 0.375 in addition to progesterone. My postmenopausal symptoms were: hot flashes,3-4 hours of sleep nightly, brain fog, anxiety, weight loss, and many more. I am working closely with my doctor and vivelle dot has been life changing. It does take about 1 1/2 months for minor side effects of medicine to go away- be patient."

Need normalcy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2018

Femtrace (estradiol): "In 2013 I was told by my gynecologist that all of my problems were related to the fact that My estrogen level was low And I was having Menopause symptoms. I thought I was losing my mind and my husband said, there was something really wrong with me. This medication is dispensed under other names And is the same medication. Just do a search on the Internet for medications with the same medicine under different names."

Gone crazy February 6, 2018

"I was put on Estradiol when I was 38 after a hysterectomy. I had no problems with it. I recently wean myself off of it. I have felt horrible every since. Hot flashes, mood swings, depression. and anxiety. I was on it for almost 17 years."

Sweet Dog January 2, 2018

Estrace (estradiol): "Works great for vaginal atrophy. MD put me on 2 wks of 1mg nightly of vaginal estrace, followed by 1mg 2x a week. It's a bit messy so may opt for the Mona Lisa Touch laser for atrophy in the long run, but this does help greatly with lubrication and plumping atrophied vaginal tissues. I went into menopause at 30 due to surgical menopause so this made me feel more confident about myself sexually."

CityGal212 December 18, 2017

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I recently stopped biodentical pellets and decided to try vivelle-dot .05 mg. It totally stopped my migraines; however, this dose did not help with insomnia or hot flashes and I suspect my GP will increase the dose. Now, my insurance will not cover the cost at all because I am over 65. Through a friend, I found that the manufacturer, Novartis, makes this patch in Europe under the name of Estradot. I ordered it online with a prescription. The difference is $32/month compared to $286/month for Vivelle-dot in US. When I opened the packet, they appear identical and work the same. Once my dose is adjusted I think these will be fine."

SpinxandMolly November 21, 2017

Climara (estradiol): "Love the way this patch works! It completely halted my hot flashes. I'd give it a 10 but, more often than not, I have a devil of a time getting the backing off. It is very aggravating. At first, I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but they're all like that. Once I get it on, it stays on without any problems. Please fix the backing!!"

Marilyn Tiger November 7, 2017

Femring (estradiol): "I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 23, I am now 45. I have taken the pills, shots, creams, patches and this is the only thing that actually works for all my needs. I'm so thankful. It's worth the money!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2017

"Seemed to do well with everything except the heat flashes and libido which are 2 major things."

Shellynbama November 3, 2017

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I have used patch for nearly 30 years after total hysterectomy (first patch discontinued and switched to vivelle-dot approx 10 yrs ago). I have tried going off and feel not worth the agony. Have looked for generic but have found none that really the same although I see in the posts Sandoz recommended by someone so may try again. Vivelle (at least when on medicare) is very expensive with little or no coverage and if any co payment must jump through hoops---very discouraging. This is the only medication I use and at 72 feel great other than payments for this but justify good health comes at a price!"

smileorlaugh (taken for 10 years or more) November 3, 2017

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "Warning - Itchy/painful I used Estradiol Patch (Sandoz) .025 mg for 2 months changing 2x a week. I also took Progesterone 100 mg daily. I'm 52, perimenopausal & suffer from hot flashes every hr during the night. Within a week the hot flashes disappeared BUT got my period every 9 days lasting 5 days so I only had a break of 3-4 days in between. 2 weeks ago I dropped Progesterone to 14 days a month and periods stopped. Shortly after I started to get very itchy & sore within a day of replacing the patch and the hot flashes came back with a vengeance. I now realize I developed an allergy to the patches and still have 8 rectangle discolored itchy patches that won't go away. I switched to Evamist 2 days ago and hope to get relief soon."

EnglishGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2017

Estradot 100 (estradiol): "Have been on this patch and mirena coil now for about 18 months, fabulous, fabulous is not praise enough. Still get very rare flush but it does not last more than a minute and is not bothersome. Cannot live without it!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2017

"Just started the 1mg estradiol patch, at age 46. Post hysterectomy. Has anyone had abdominal pain from it?"

Afdmommy September 18, 2017

"I've been using the estradiol patch for about a year. I just went from 0.025/mg weekly to 0.025/mg twice weekly. I have gotten several different forms (large round, regular clear, small clear) of the patch and have never had a problem with patches not adhering to my skin. The adhesive residue comes off with cotton ball and alcohol. You CANNOT use any lotion, cream or oil on the area where the patch is used. I did have to increase my dose because my symptoms took a spike, but the patch works well once about two weeks after starting."

astargzr (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 28, 2017

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I would NOT recommend this patch to anyone. The company has printed in black ink the product name on the patch itself, which is beyond dumb!! The glue leaves huge circle on your underwear that will not come off. The glue leaves circles on your skin when the patch is removed, which is almost impossible to come off. I used Vivelle before and had none of these problems, plus the patch was half the size as this product. Insurance said this product was a generic and would no longer pay for the Vivelle."

Anonymous August 18, 2017

Climara (estradiol): "I am 60 years old and have been using Climara 50 patches since 2008 (9 years). It has definitely relieved the night sweats and the constant anxiety feeling. I have tried a couple of times to go on a half dose but the symptoms resume, but I will try again. I have never had problems with the patch itself. The edge can be a little sticky when I put it on, but I always wipe a smear of talcum powder around it to prevent it sticking to my clothes. I now have a serious hearing problem (not resolved) so of course I'm concerned that it may be connected with this medication, but six years ago I had a massive amount of antibiotics for a staph infection following surgery, so of course this could be the cause."

DeJo August 18, 2017

Climara (estradiol): "I have been using the .45/15 patch for 30 years and feel great. I am 75 and I am strong, work out and look good. Compared to other women my age, no one can guess my age. I attribute my bone strength, cardio vascular health and overall wellbeing to Climara. I know that there may be issues for some women but for me, it has been a lifesaver."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 5, 2017

Climara (estradiol): "I've been on the Climara Pro patch for two weeks now and already notice a marked decrease in hot flashes and mood swings. The night sweats and sleeplessness continue but I'm hoping that, too, will soon improve. My only and biggest complaint with this product is the next to impossible to remove plastic backing! It simply refuses to come off easily! Every time I've had to change the patch has been a battle. I end up with a patch that is torn on the edges, has holes in the middle, and I'm supposed to be able to stick it to my skin in that condition. And it's not like I can just toss it out and start over with another patch. Not at those prices!! There has to be a better way."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

"Does not stay adhered to skin, so I'd have to say it is a failure."

Anonymous July 28, 2017

"I was first placed in the generic estridol patch made be Mylan and suffered with theses horrible patches for 3 months until my Dr agreed to place me on the brand name. First of all I had very little relief from my symptoms due to the genetic bullseye (it's approx 2 inches round) falling off! The adhesion is subpar therefore I was not receiving adequate efficacy from this product. I used tegaderm and even waterproof medical tape to keep the patches on but doing so caused skin tears and irritation. I just started the new Brand this week and I am hoping for better results. It is much smaller and hasn't washed off on Day 2 yet."

GigiCC July 19, 2017

"My insurance company made me change from the patches I was using to these. I guess you get what you pay for. I used the other brand for 2 years with no problems. These Estradiol patches keep falling off!! I guess it's OK since the insurance company saved some money. Calling the insurance company now!"

I hate this brand! July 14, 2017

Climara (estradiol): "I love how immediate the relief was upon 1st patch. But I can not for the life of me get the backing off well at all resulting in a stretched patch each time. This, in turn, results in failed adhesion. I've burned thru several patches because I CAN NOT get the back off!! Have been researching and can't get this small (but important) bit of info. Any ideas anyone? I'd give this a 10 if the liner were easier to peel off and patch would stay on. Cocoa"

Cocoa 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Estrace (estradiol): "The Estrace cream burned me so severely, I have open sores."

SweetSydney (taken for less than 1 month) June 2, 2017

"I love it. I don't have any problems at all. I'm so happy my Doctor prescribed this its amazing. I will recommend if your Doctor prescribed to you is excellent."

Renatita May 30, 2017

"Mylan Estrodial .01 patches caused a rash (allergy) "

nherron52 May 28, 2017

"For you wonderful ladies that cannot get your patches to stay on which I have found with most brands! One pull up of the trousers and it's disappeared! Or swimming in the bathtub with me. I now use 3M White waterproof medical tape over the patch! NEVER comes off! Spread the word!"

Sniffercat1234 May 27, 2017