User Reviews for Estradiol

Also known as: Adgyn Estro, Aerodiol, Alora, Bedol, Climara, Climaval, Climodien, Clinagen LA 40, Delestrogen, Delidose, Dep Gynogen, Depo-Estradiol, Depogen, Dermestril, Dermestril Septem, ...show all 83 brand names

Learn more about Estradiol.

Estradiol Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Estradiol to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

"I have been using Estradiol for a week now and I only wish I would have gone and seen my doctor sooner. After one day I could tell a difference with my moods. I don't feel so wired or on edge any more. I did not notice my mood swings but I'm sure my family did...lol My hot flashes are gone. Thank you!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

"A few months ago, my periods stopped and the hot flashes, night sweats, and crying jags hit me like a swarm of hornets. I knew it would happen eventually, but I had imagined they'd arrive solo, with polite introductions and a getting acquainted period. But, no. This was a full bore onslaught. After a few weeks of torture, I bowed down to the pharmaceutical gods, and secured a Climara Rx. I'm sensitive to meds, so I cut the patch in half. After just three days, my symptoms were completely gone. Worried about side effects, I removed the patch. Two months later, and I'm still symptom-free. Two days ago, I got my period. Did it forestall my menopause?"

AmyBee (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

Climara (estradiol): "I am 50 years old I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in April and have been suffering wicked hot sweats. I would sweat so badly that my hair, legs feet, hands and face would get wet...so disgusting. It would take me a while to dry off. I started this patch on Monday and within 12 hours, I noticed a difference and within 24 hours, the wet sweats were gone. I have to keep all the fans on in my house and have an industrial fan that I would stand in front of during my flashes. Yesterday ( day 2), I did not have to turn on a single fan and my wet sweats are completely gone. I only had a headache the first night and now I feel fantastic and normal. I still have the occasional hot flash but it is short and I don't break out in a sweat."

TrudyEllen11 September 14, 2016

Evamist (estradiol): "LOVE this estrogen therapy!!! Have tried the gels and patches and this is by far the easiest to use. It's like spraying perfume on before I walk out the door every morning, I'm only using one spray a day. Besides getting rid of my night sweats, I have more energy and feel much happier - even though I never knew how unhappy I really was until using Evamist. I got a co-pay card from my Dr and with my insurance it costs less than $25 a month. I think it's a bargain at any price! Strongly recommend you try it"

LuvmyHRT August 31, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I was caught in a vicious cycle of soaking wet hot flash after soaking wet hot flash which caused me to become agitated which caused my heart to race ALL NIGHT LONG which then caused me to be irritable and I could barely focus during the day. My doctor started me on the estradiol patch .05 mg and within a few days I felt like a new person. I now go through the entire night maybe one minor hot flash and the resulting anxiety is gone. I sleep now better than I ever have. The only side effect I have noticed is that my breasts are a little tender but not enough to make me stop. If I wind up gaining a few pounds who cares I am a human being again."

MrsSPT August 23, 2016

Vivelle-Dot (estradiol): "I was on the Vivelle-dot for about 8 years. It took away all the unpleasantness of menopause: the insomnia, the crying, the hot flashes, the dizziness, the panic attacks. And I had absolutely no side effects. Life was great. Then, I stupidly tried to use something different in order to save money (the estradiol pill) and all the menopause horrors came back, along with new ones (nausea, acid reflux, non-stop migraines. I went back on the Vivelle-dot and felt so much better. Financially, it is a bit expensive, but I switched to the generic by Sandoz and it effects me the same as vivelle-dot. Pure bliss."

A Happy patch user (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 8, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "I'm at the end of my second dose of Femring after having both ovaries removed at 35. When I first went on Femring .1 mg daily it was great. I had a couple day days after initial insertion that I felt edgy emotionally - but after day 4 that leveled off. Felt much better than oral estradiol. However, around day 60 my estrogen levels started to dive and by day 80 I was back into full surgical meno. When I inserted the second ring....same as before. An initial surge of estrodiol but this time the ring started to tank around day 35. I'm on day 85 of the second ring and my meno symptoms are unbearable. For me, this is not a 90 day med. Too bad - for 1-2 months it's perfect. My insurance won't allow me to refill until day 90 - and $$$."

meno-v July 5, 2016

"I tried to wan off my other not so effective hormone pills but suffered terrible back lashes. So I went to see a different and more experienced OBGYN doctor and began applying Estradiol 0.05 coupled with Progesterone 100MG treatment. Takes about 10 days to see the full positive results. I am almost one month on this treatment now, and it has stopped hot flushes, I sleep through the night, stopped horrible stress attacks, stopped near fainting temperature surge, my face skin looks tighter and younger, and strangely, makes me think about the birds and the bees. Knock on wood, I hope this medicine works for me for a long time to come. I am 64 years old, 5'3, weight 126 lbs. Use alcohol wipe and dry skin before applying patch, sticks better."

Lily323 July 4, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "I was placed on Femring to help with my menopausal symptoms without causing harm to my liver. I was diagnosed with a liver disorder and this has ben a blessing for me and relieved all my symptoms. It can be difficult to insert at 1st but no different than a diaphragm. I have no discomfort or pain and cannot tell it is there. The only downside is the cost."

Blondie97702 June 29, 2016

"I have been on this 1mg pill a day for 1 month.I could not stand myself mood swings,irratble,my husband said I was a complete different person,just after a month.my insurance does pay.I only have to pay 8 dollors a month for it my husband said he would pay 100.00 dollors for it lol plus have lost weight on it also very happy with it saved my marriage"

Lday lucy123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2016

Climara (estradiol): "Climara Pro Estradiol Patch has reduced my hot flashes by 99%. The once a week patch takes a good three to four weeks to work. You will not find relief quickly, but once it kicks in, no hot flashes. This drug is very expensive, over $100 per month, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. Wipe your skin with alcohol, let dry, then apply patch--sticks better."

Elise2016 May 9, 2016

"I had a full hysterectomy years ago, leaving one ovary. About a year ago I started having hot flashes, hair loss, feeling tired, etc. I went to my doctors and they ran blood work. We found out I had an underactive tyroid and was going through peri-menapause. I got on medication for my tyroid, but nothing for menapause. After a year of hot flashes and feeling like crap I went to my OBGYN yesterday. He gave me Estradiol 1mg. You have to take this with food so we went to lunch after lunch about 11:30am I took my first pill, ever. Last night I only turned the fan on once when it had been on full blast everynight for almost a year. Today, I've taken my 2nd pill ever and I haven't had not one hot flash and I feel a little more alert..."

Feelnsexi49 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

Climara (estradiol): "I've only been using the .025 patch since yesterday. I have not noticed any decrease in hot flashes yet. However, I am looking forward to giving the patch a try. But, I noticed this morning that I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive. I don't want to remove it but don't want to continue to irritate my skin."

2youngforthis April 29, 2016

"It didn't help with my hot flashes. I started experiencing a warm sensation, like I stood next to a heater, on my lower left outside calf all day everyday. I am getting a pain in my left arm. Dizziness and heart palpitations."

TerriBlueberry April 17, 2016

Femring (estradiol): ""My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb." In reference to the second reviewer, Femring is a transdermal estrogen and it does not have first pass metabolism through the liver. Only oral estrogens do that. It also is not hard and if placed at the top of a normal vagina (which expands - a hysterectomy cut vagina does not do as well), you won't know it is there. I have personally used this for over 10 years and have prescribed it to 100s of patients. Over 90% loved it - except for the cost."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2016

Divigel (estradiol): "I used Divigel for a few weeks. I've been having pre menopause symptoms. I had a hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. During this time I started having severe stomach pains and my ovaries hurt. The doctor performed a ultrasound. I couldn't believe the pain. The doctor told me that I may need my ovaries removed. I decided to stop using Divigel and the pain stopped. I wouldn't recommend this medication."

Beccalou05 (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

"When I first started taking estradiol I was having allot of issues with hair loss, hot flashes, moodiness, vaginal dryness and bladder leakage. In short, all of the nasty side affects of menopause from my total hysterictamy. After a short time on HRT, I've noticed an improvement of all the symptoms. I normally hate taking pills and it's hard for me to stay on a regimented course of pill taking. But the positives far outweigh the negatives in this, so I have been faithful in taking my little blue pill daily. HRT isn't for everyone, but it seems to be working for me."

Fabrin March 15, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "This patch had to be designed by a man. What woman would design a patch the size of a softball? I had to duck tape it on in order for it to stay on, it is not flexible ( it would not even bend in half) and what woman wants to have a big round patch showing through her clothes? You can't swim with it on or even shower because it will come off. It is hideous and degrading. Why should a woman have to be punished for something that is beyond their control? I can not say if it works or not, due to the fact that I could never get it to stay on. I took one to my doctor and asked her how I was suppose to keep it on. She was shocked at what it looked liked and put me on the pill due to the Insurance Company."

Wagon February 26, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "Great experience with Femring and it's the only hormone replacement that works for me. Wishing it was not so expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "this medication saved my life...I actually like the mylan better than the vivelle as far as the way I feel, the vivelle caused sinus problems and gassy bloat, the mylan product did not for me, however the mylan product doesn't stick as well or last as long....OVERALL: I love estrogen replacement and it is a TRAGEDY that women are suffering and their docs are not offering HRT when it is now proven that HRT prolongs life and has a protective influence on heart, bones and brain. I want to tell every woman out there do not be a hero, do not suffer, and do not be afraid. estrogen is good for you and can give you your life back. why do none of the women I talk to know this? crime!!"

loribean February 19, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): "I have been on the estradiol patch (Vivelle) for three weeks and I feel like a new woman! Gone are the hot flashes, night sweats and brain fog. Hello energy I've missed you immensely! I also take 100 mg progesterone at bedtime. This combo is a game changer! Just wondering why I didn't pursue it sooner."

nwilling February 16, 2016

"Seemed to work overnight. Instant relief from mood swings, night sweats. Am using it in conjunction with progesterone at night. Sleep better and don't feel discontent with everything."

Paigepoo1 January 14, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "For the first 3 months things were great. On my second Femring I began to get a rash on my forehead and neck. My neck was especially red, itchy and dry. At first I thought it might be due to something else. Perhaps Eczema or psoriasis, so I was buying all kinds of creams and nothing worked. So I double checked my only prescription which is the femring and low and behold one of the possible side effects is a skin rash. It's too soon to know for sure. I hope it goes away."

Don't rash me (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

"I am 52 and started having very bad hot flashes and night sweats six months ago. Up until then I was still getting a regular period. I still have all original parts (ie: ovaries and uterus) I went on the Sandoz generic estradiol patch 1 1/2 weeks ago. My hot flashes are down to near nothing. I will continue this regimen for as long as my doctor says. She mentioned me also using a progesterone in the future as well. I would recommend this to any women. It's about quality of our lives. :)"

Alisacw January 1, 2016

Femring (estradiol): "I just started using Fem Ring, after having tried expensive patches that irriatated my skin, messy compounded creams, and drops. I already have a yeast infection, which never happens, plus low back and abdominal pain. Outrageous in this day and age, that no enterprising pharma can come up with an estradiol without such hassles. My body does not like this ring - it is quite hard, large, and terribly uncomfortable, paid $100 for it, WITH insurance. Estradiol acetate, which is the kind of estradiol provided in this ring, has to pass through the liver, which is an inefficient way for the body to absorb. I expected better from Warner Chilcott. I am returning to my compounded drops, one drop on the pulse, twice daily, $25 for a two month supply."

Sushid (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2015