User Reviews for Estradiol to treat Atrophic Vaginitis

Also known as: Estrace, Estradiol Patch, Climara, Estrogel, Vivelle-Dot, Divigel, Dotti, Femring, Minivelle, Alora, Delestrogen, Estraderm Depo-Estradiol Evamist Menostar Elestrin Lyllana Estra Pellets …show all brand names

Estradiol has an average rating of 5.6 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Estradiol Rating Summary

5.6/10 average rating

Compare all 42 medications used in the treatment of Atrophic Vaginitis.

Reviews for Estradiol

Mela · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2019

Estrace (estradiol): “This is much better than the generic. It is costing me nearly $430 a month, but it is worth it. I have a high-stress job, so my body eats it up. I have been using the generic for years and I felt it should be working better, it just wasn't doing it for me. I decided to try the real one. It took a month and a half for my body to adjust, but once it did, I felt ten years younger. I can now work five days a week, which helps to pay for the medication. I no longer require a nap, the bottom of my feet do not have dry skin anymore, my face looks younger, it filled out. I don't have that gaunt look as much. The atrophy in my vagina is gone. I feel like exercising and doing things outside of the house. It is worth the money, but it is a shame that it cost so much.”

shakti411 May 19, 2008

Climara (estradiol): “In general, I'm happy with this patch. I have difficulty getting it to stay on for an entire week. It stopped the hot flashes and allowed me to have sex again (thin vaginal tissues caused major problems). I do have asthma, high cholesterol, history of migraines. I don't think I'm having any side effects. The progesterone I have to take with it causes terrible side effects. I'm 57.”

have4paws December 10, 2010

Femring (estradiol): “This ring provided miraculous results for me. I had severe atrophy which my GYN noticed when tissue was tearing and bleeding as he tried to do my pap smear. I didn't even know I had an issue. After a couple months on the Femring he reported my tissue looked healthy and wonderful, had no side effects from it at all. I had to stop using due to insurance not covering but am now on Estring which is the same thing different brand, but insurance covers that one.”

LF October 23, 2019

Climara (estradiol): “If you workout, if you swim , if you take baths**Do Not agree to this patch** it is a waste of $$. In what universe does this stay on for more than two days. It might be ok for someone who never sweats and takes very quick showers. I was really hoping I had found a solution to my symptoms. This is not it.”

Grneyegal December 3, 2019

Climara (estradiol): “People seem to have issue with keeping the patch in place. THE ONLY thing that seems to work is Tagaderm hospital tape, cut a piece and place it over the patch. I do not know why Big Pharma which charges a fortune for this rx does not include a cut to size Tagaderm tape piece with every patch. Surely they can afford it and they must know getting the patch to stick is an issue for their users. Side note,.. the glue on the patch causes my skin to be red, burn, and itch during first day of new patch, this diminishes as the week progresses. It works well for symptoms of low energy and achy joints, muscles, hot flashes. Not so well with the vaginal atrophy, vaginal dryness part, which is too bad. I've been on it for close to a year and those symptoms seem to been getting worse, even with regular sexual activity. I will be trying the ring.”

Lala · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

Femring (estradiol): “I went into full Menopause at 45 due to radiation for colon cancer. I did not know that was going to happen so suddenly. I've been on Estring for over a year with ok results. Still extremely painful intercourse, sweats and hit flashes. My Gyno switched me to Femring this month. Hopefully it works better for me. I will update in a few weeks and let everyone know how its working for me. Take care!”

Nanny1086 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2016

“I believe I don't need to take vagifem ,yes I have a prolapse ,I am awaiting an operation ,but the side effects have been terrible ,weight loss,loss of appetite ,enlarged stomach ,lethargic ,stomach pain , So I have decided not to continue with this medication ,”

MEGSDC · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

“It fell out within one week of inserting the ring. I didn't notice it when it came out; probably because it is "clear." If it was colored a bright color, I might have noticed before flushing away $500... I have to say that I am unimpressed with the product!”

simpletoo December 4, 2017

Estrace (estradiol): “try using castor oil..and look up castor oil packs also”

SE · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2020

“1 gram of estrogen cream one time caused vaginal burning, diarrhea, and horrible bloating. Will not use again.”

Lori March 26, 2018

Estrace (estradiol): “Using this twice a week. Much more comfortable now with much less pain”

Learn more about Atrophic Vaginitis