User Reviews for Estradiol to treat Hypoestrogenism

Also known as: Estrace, Estradiol Patch, Climara, Divigel, Estrogel, Vivelle-Dot, Dotti, Minivelle, Depo-Estradiol, Evamist, Lyllana, Estraderm, Alora, Femring Delestrogen Elestrin Menostar Estra Pellets …show all brand names

Estradiol has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Hypoestrogenism. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 58% reported a negative effect.

Estradiol Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Hypoestrogenism.

Reviews for Estradiol

Alli · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): “The generic Mylan estradiol 7 day patch is useless. It does not stick for more than two days, it itches, makes my skin red, and makes me feel unwell. I agree with the poor experiences previously reported by others. I called Mylan to file a formal complaint, and suggest that you do too. Maybe they will get the message.”

Elaine00 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2014

Estrace (estradiol): “I had a total/full Hysterctomy in Jan of 2006. I was put on Estrace/Estradoil 1mg at the time. Pending on the person, we are all different. 1 mg, I still had bad hot flashes, terrible or nasty temper, dizziness, feeling faint, very moody, feelings of rage. My Gyn put me up to a 2mg tablet. It worked, the rage feelings, dizziness, and most of the sweating and hot flashes eased or went away. I felt human again, and in control of my thoughts, and actions. It feels good not to have that terrible rage. I was at this time not receiving the right dose, it was to low. This week my gyn put me back on 1mg of Estrace, all those horrible feelings came back and quickly. My body again, was not getting enough hormone of estrogen and back on 2mg's.”

Joan · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 3, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): “I’m 9 years post hysterectomy. I started out with Vivelle dot then changed to Minnivell dot when it came out. Never had any trouble. Insurance change last year (2018). Since there’s now a generic for Minivelle-I can pay $15 for Mylan or pay a penalty for the brand name and pay $188 for Minivelle. With coupon $135. I’ve tried to deal with all the problems with the Mylan patches for a YEAR! They do NOT deliver the same amount of estradiol as Minivelle. I’ve gained 20 lbs and have gotten horrible wrinkles. I firmly believe it’s the patch and lack of estrogen. Patches fall off which is irritating, I still have hot flashes and night sweats. My endocrinologist even did estrogen level and it was lower than in 2017 when on Minivelle. If my gyno will request Minivelle my insurance will allow and not charge penalty. With coupon it should be about $40. I’m hoping!!!”

equalrightsforall · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 18, 2021

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): “On this for Gender Dysphoria. Mylan .01 patches. Terrible adhesive. Causes irritation. Adheres to skin poorly. I have red rectangles all over from each patch. They itch too. Takes about a month for each red rash rectangle to clear up. My E levels are especially low considering I'm on 2 patches concurrently and use the medication on schedule (BID) and according to the directions (regarding site prep and application). I had to purchase Tegaderm film to keep the patches on. I will be discontinuing usage asap. This product should not be sold and needs to go back to research and development.”

no more menopause symptoms · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2015

Climara (estradiol): “Before Climara, my menopause symptoms were out of control, hot flashes and feeling moody. Climara changed my life and helped me enjoy it again without the hot flashes and weird symptoms that menopause was bringing on. Bye bye menopause.”

TLR · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): “This patch is awful. It’s huge, thick and doesn’t stick. I only had it on one day, no swimming or showering and it came off. It itches as well. I am having to keep it on me with package tape. I am going to look for something else.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

Estraderm (estradiol): “I agree with all of the comments. Estraderm is not a good replacement for Estradot. It is like wearing clingwrap with stickytape or even cellophane as it crinkles when l walk. You would have to have the backside of an elephant to move this 'patch' (can it be called a patch when it is so big?) every few days. It does not stay on in tropical humidity and heat. I feel better for venting but don't see any other options at this time. I take Estraderm for Lack of estrogen due to radiation”

50yr old with Hysterectomy · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2016

Estradiol Patch (estradiol): “I used the patch for night time hot flashes that wake me up every 2-3hrs. The size was great, and it stuck just fine. That's where the happy union ended. By the second day the hot flashes seemed to triple, occurring all day and all night. And the flashes were hotter! I also began to have terrible headaches that woke me up earlier than my alarm clock and hung around all day. I never have headaches so I removed the patch after only 4 days and the symptoms all went away. Now I'm back to square one better able to deal with my original symptoms knowing things could be worse. I'm going to give the name brand Vivelle dot a try and see what happens.”

Acctgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2017

“The gyno put me on 8 mg estradiol for 3 days, then 4 mg which quickly brought my non existent estradiol levels back to normal and stopped the horrible joint pains and anxiety. I had to lower the dose to 2 mg and even that is making me very, very tired. It also caused muscle atrophy! I used to be very lean and athletic now my body is soft and fatty. But....I sleep better and feel very relaxed. I'm 40 years old - and my hypothalamus doesn't make enough hormones. In addition I take 50 mcg vaginal tablet once a week - it shrank my clitoris! I also take a small dose of testosterone but the estradiol seems to overpower that. My libido is still gone.”

Honeygirl9 May 13, 2017

Estrace (estradiol): “Break into my house, steal EVERYTHING I own. But keep your hands OFF my Estrace.”

Llucy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2015

Climara (estradiol): “It worked for my endometrium growth ....I used it for fertility treatment.”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

“I had a hysterectomy years ago. I find estradiol hard to swallow because of its shape. I was taking Premarin and it was much easier to swallow due to its outer shell.”