How long does Opdivo stay in your system?
Opdivo stays in your system for a very long time, up to 3 to 4 months (100 to 125 days). This is based on the half-life of Opdivo, which is 25 days. The half-life is the time it takes for half of a drug to be removed from the body, and experts have agreed it takes 4 to 5 half-lives for a drug to be completely removed from the body. This calculates out to 100 to 125 days for Opdivo. This means that side effects can still occur because of Opdivo a few months after you stop taking the drug.
- Opdivo (nivolumab) Updated 05/2022. E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C. https://www.drugs.com/pro/opdivo.htmlFood,the%20treatment%20of%20bladder%20cancer.
Related medical questions
- What are monoclonal antibodies?
- How long does Opdivo prolong life and what’s its success rate?
- How long does Opdivo take to work and how do you know if it's working?
- What is the difference between Opdivo and Keytruda?
- What happens when you stop taking Opdivo for melanoma?
- Is Opdivo a chemotherapy or immunotherapy drug?
- How are Opdivo and Yervoy administered?
- Is Opdivo approved for treating bladder cancer?
- Is Xalkori the same as Opdivo or Keytruda?
- Pembrolizumab vs. nivolumab: how do they compare?
- What is a biologic drug?
- Opdivo Information for Consumers
- Opdivo prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Opdivo (detailed)
Related support groups
- Opdivo (16 questions, 51 members)