User Reviews for Hydrea

Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia 1 reviews 21 medications

Anemia, Sickle Cell 3 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Hydrea reviews 4 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Hydrea

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I was asked by my Doctor in Mumbai, India, to take Hydroxyurea 500 for 10 days and I got this Capsules of Hydrea from the store.my platelets were 650000 to start then After taking the capsules for 10 days the platelets count came down to 570000. I was advised to further continue the capsules for another 30 days. After 30 days the platelets count was 432000. I have not experienced any side effects."

Hemendra G Desai November 28, 2016

For Anemia, Sickle Cell "Im 18 years old and even though I wasnt a sickle cell patient who had many pain crises , my doctor had still been suggesting me take hydrea since I will be starting college soon ( I guess just to be safe). Since taking it, I havnt had any severe pain crises, but I swear everyday it feels like my back is in a small pain crises. Which is scary because I never know if it's going to become a full blown crises. Im always having to take pain meds, or missing school because of this. Im thinking about if I should stop taking it for a while to see if the hydrea is whats causing this pain. because it can be my birthcontrol pills causing it but I highly doubt it. I wish there were more reviews on hydrea so I could know if it was just me."

BreeM January 19, 2014

For Thrombocythemia "I am on Hydrea due to Ediopathic Thrombocytopenia with platelet counts over 2 milion. I am very young (21) and taking Hydrea for 1 year and a half now. Though it has sinked my platelets I have recurrent anemia and infections (most recently in the lungs). In the beginning I was very tired, legs shook, skin would easily bruise, drugged up feeling from time to time, depressive, muscle pain, burning in legs which was severe and decreased after 5 months, brain fog, stomach pain (still common). Most common symptom would be enlarged spleen with pain. I've had brutal neurological side effects that have been decreasing slowly with time. Nevertheless, Hydrea compared to Anagrelid and Interferon is by far the medicine I tolerate better. "

Meredes Anna January 4, 2012

For Anemia, Sickle Cell "Hydroxyurea significantly improves the frequency of sickle cell crisis, but it has a long list of adverse effects. But if the dose is monitored properly and complete blood count of patient is done on regular basis, than some of the adverse effects can be easily identified and managed accordingly."

dr_solanki August 2, 2011

For Anemia, Sickle Cell "Haven't been hospitalized since I started taking it. But I did gain a little weight."

gabonance December 14, 2009