User Reviews for Sprycel

5.5

Summary of Sprycel reviews 8.5 15 reviews

Reviews for Sprycel

Mehul boda February 3, 2018

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "2011 I started with glivec. After taking three years of glivec it has not worked. Then I started sprysel 100 mg per day. I got a good result in just 1 month, then after 2 years I started getting a lot of side effects on my body. pain , ache in my head, water, veins pressure going to high and now I take a one more tablet for water pressure."

Jeff Daniels December 20, 2017

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "In January 2009, I was initial diagnosed by my PCP with a general category of having blood cancer and referred to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute for further evaluation. The white blood cell was 175k. Then they changed the medication to Sprycel 100mg/day; within four weeks of beginning the treatment with it, my white blood cell count dramatically fell from 175k to 16K. I was fully informed of the two prominent side-effects Pain Pleural Effusion. , the medication did cause a pleural effusion to develop and needed a thorocentsis that extracted 850 milliliters offluid from the pleural cavity with reduction of the meds, from 100mg to 50mg, no pain, no more pleural effusions. Remission has remained steady throughout @ under $99.98 of the time."

ulstersam · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2017

For Leukemia "Having tried bith Imatinib and Nilotinib, my Haemotologist tried me on Dasatinib - the effect this drug had on me was devastating, after only 3 days my body literally began to shut down, I was so weak I was crawling on my hands and knees just to go to the bathroom. After two weeks off it was decided to try a greatly reduced dosage (50mg) every other day but even at that I had little to no quality of life. I hope others have had better luck than I did."

Anonymous October 31, 2016

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I m happy to be in complete remission because of this medication"

April lh October 30, 2016

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I was diagnosed with CML in 2012 and started with tasigna and couldn't handle the horrible side effects the I went to sprycel with horrible side effects to Gleevec and then back to a lower dose of Sprycel! Sense then I've had mild skin irritation and my breast hurt but nothing I have become accustomed to, the worst part is the joint pain. But over all my CML is asleep and undetected in my blood as of today! So I will take the joint pain as long as I have to!"

Rickkronos October 3, 2016

For Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia "I have ALL Phil+, my Dr put me on Sprycel after my bone marrow (stem cell) transplant as a precautionary measure. Initially I suffered the side effects, mainly pleural edema but different from others, I had a drainage done (through my back) which seemed to cure it immediately. I stayed off the Sprycel for 1 week then went back on it at a lower dosage (40mg once a day). I have grittiness of the eyes (eyes are not dry, they tear alot infact), a little edema in the legs and feet. I don't really have anything bad to say about Sprycel, I have nothing to compare it to. I'm alive though. Should be cured in another year. I also am on the study where this drug is provided no cost."

dapplegrey · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 11, 2016

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "Achieved complete molecular remission within six months of daily 100 mg. Sprycel. Reduced dose to 50 mg a day at six months due to side effects. The longer I was on it, the worse they became. Shortness of breath caused by pleural effusion, body pain, all over itching, acne like rash on face and scalp and some hair loss at very beginning of treatment. It was a good drug to kill the cancer cells, but reduced my quality of life drastically. Have started Gleevec with few expected side effects, except for major vertigo. Taken off Gleevec for two weeks and told to restart at 200 mg. a day to rechallenge. I won't be able to live alone if vertigo is a daily side effect. Glad to be in remission, but hate side effect sickness."

Califia48 March 8, 2016

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I have had nausea, headache and body pain. The body pain has been the most difficult. I had to stop taking medications because of this medication but also seem to have hypersensitivity in smell. So far all looks good but still in early stages."

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 10, 2015

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I was diagnosed in May 2014 and started taking Sprycel within the week. After 6 months I was at .01% of the BCR-ABL abnormality. Great results, right? But I felt awful. After dealing with minor side effects of acne, sore breasts, weight gain and a low mood, the severe fatigue and chest pain were enough to stop. I'm now on Gleevec and starting to experience extreme thirst and weight gain. Very grateful there are medications that treat CML but frustrated with the inevitable side effects."

sneakingaround · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2013

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "Was diagined in November of 2008 with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. I opted to be involved in the Dasatinib trial. I was in remission in less that 2 months. Everything was great, few side effects, until July of 2012 when I started coughing. I was told to stop taking Dasatinib as it had caused water in my lungs, after a 7 week stop, I was put back onto Dasatinib at 1/2 my initail dose 50mg per day. Again all seemed well. In August of 2013 I could not catch my breath but had no cough. It was so bad we went to Emergency at the hospital. There I found out fluid in my lungs again. I am off Dasatinib and am no longer able to take it as my body rejected it. I won't know what medicine I will be going on until the fluid is all out of my lungs. My oncologist says 12 weeks."

Tony H · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2013

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I was on Gleevec for nearly 3 years and had issues with leg pain and no remission. Switched to Sprycel in October 2011 and could see a big improvement. Developed fluid on the lung in December 2012. Dr. took me off Sprycel and fluid situation is getting better. Waiting to see next steps."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I have been on Sprycel for 9 month. Previously on Gleevec for 2 years. I find Sprycel in the beginning to be wonderful, no side effects. Now 9 months since I have started, I am experiencing mild to mid level nausea as well as conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "Was on Gleevec for two years and BCR-ABL would not come down below 20%. Months after starting Sprycel BCR-ABL undetectable. I have been on Sprycel for 7 months now and so far great. Blood counts all look good."

Anonymous February 17, 2009

For Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia "I am in a study using Sprycel as INITIAL treatment for chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML). When first diagnosed with CML, my white blood cell (wbc) count was 19,000. I started taking Sprycel 50mg twice a day. On my 3 month follow-up, my wbc was 5,000 and my BCR-ABL was 0.001 (Almost complete remission). Have been there for the past year with very little side effects. Just occasional headache and mild skin outbreaks. I would highly recommend it to anyone with CML."

Anonymous October 23, 2008

For Leukemia "For 9 months I was taking Gleevac for ALL (Acute Lymphoblasic Leukemia) and it was causing me to have at least one blood transfusion a week. I started taking Sprycel and a year later I have not had to have one blood transfusion."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)