User Reviews for Zytiga

Prostate Cancer
9.4

Summary of Zytiga reviews 9.4 20 reviews

Reviews for Zytiga

For Prostate Cancer "I've been on Zytiga for 5 years now. It's working great for me."

Ronbo (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "Diagnosed with Gleason 10 (90% of gland) in 2011. Recurrence after XRT/Implant in 2017 with another biopsy identical to the first. Unsuccessful cryosurgery followed by rapid PSA elevation to 163 with (+) nodes found on CT scan. Started LHRH-agonist plus Zytiga. After four months, by PSA has dropped to 0.3......good stuff......"

RickyPee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "No real side effects to speak of although it hasn't seemed to make a difference but it hasn't affected my PSA either, which continues to rise just not as rapidly."

Herkimer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "My birthdate 17.09.1944 Diagnosed with Metastasic Prostate Cancer Stage 4 since February 2015. I started taking Zytiga 4 pills of 250 mg once a day followed by twice daily of Prednisone 5 mg. These pills are taken in an empty stomach around 10.00 AM every day. After first four weeks PSA dropped from 101 to 5.8 and after 8 weeks of initial date PSA dropped to 0.66. Today I feel very healthy exactly three years with the greatest consideration for Abiraterone Acetate. Very powerful chemo drug."

Tokalba (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "Between zytiga and hormone injections, the spread of my cancer has slowed right down to almost no growth at all. I do have a lot of side effects with it especially chills, hot flashes, some joint pain and weight gain. overall it's worked quite well"

Snuff February 23, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "How do you pay for the Zytiga? My co-pays are $2500. a month. I've tried to get help and so has my Doctor but because my wife and I both work we can't get any help. I have decided to go off the Zytiga and let nature take its course. I don't want to deplete our savings for a few months of additional life. Stage 4, metastasized to my bones. I had surgery 4 years ago. Age 71"

JB 5847 January 21, 2018

For Prostate Cancer "effectiveness lasted 8 months side effects unpleasant"

antepjohn November 15, 2017

For Prostate Cancer "My dad has been taking zytiga for 6 weeks, PSA went from 31 to 37.8 in this period. I hope it will start to decrease soon! He's treating prostate cancer for 10 years, bone mets since 2013. No side effects from zytiga so far."

Ricky D. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2017

For Prostate Cancer "Very satisfied with this drug. PSA dropped from 40 to 15 in 3 months. No side effects noticed."

Dave S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "My most noticeable symptom is all-night long sweating. Otherwise, no other symptoms (!). I'm aged 75, have had prostate cancer for 4 years, on Zytiga for two years."

jjiimm22001166 February 12, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "My dad is 83 years old. He's been through Casodex and Tabi...fighting prostate cancer for nearly 19 years now. Bone metastases already started 3-4 months back. 2 months ago, started Zytiga 4 tabs with Prednisone. So far PSA is going up from 22 to 185 now. Doctor is advising to continue for another 30 days before giving up. Side effects (not sure ) include frequent nausea/vomiting. However, the pain on the back has been reduced."

Sam 16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Prostate Cancer "Began Zytiga with Prednisone 4/23/14 when considered hormone resistant. Highest PSA 4/1/14: 214. Lowest PSA 3/30/15 6.0. Most recent PSA 5/4/15 8.6. Added Metformin 3/3/15. Also Lupron every three months and Xgeva monthly. Very few side effects."

78 Years Old with Prostate Cancer & Bone Mets (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "I have had lots of energy and felt good until recently. My PSA initially went from 66 to 0.1, after 20 months it has started to rise, now it is 0.8 The medicine was easy to take. I did have a decrease in bone thickness. My bones have now shown and increase in mets."

mr. wonderful (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "My PSA was going up, it was up to 381.2 when I was put on Zytiga within a 2 month period my PSA was down to 2.2 some side effects, swollen legs, some loose stools and hot flashes."

prostate cancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2015

For Prostate Cancer "Have taken Zytiga for a year now, one pill each morning with light breakfast since I have difficulty swallowing pill with just water. PSA has dropped from 32 to 4 and has stayed there over the year, only side effect is slight diarrhea."

Kent's (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 7, 2014

For Prostate Cancer "PSA went from 19 to 9 in 3 weeks. No significant side effects so far."

rolflindy October 27, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "On Zytiga for 6 months no side effects so far PSA went from 27 to 3 and most of all I feel so much better than I have for past 2 years. Now I have energy to get out and work and I am slowly losing weight, my blood sugar has trended slightly down as well."

amsail (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "One month later- PSA is 0.16! Sure, it's not a cure bit it's a nice respite from PSA anxiety. Liver tests all well."

glasshalffull (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "PSA dropped from 7.46 to 0.34 in 30 days. Leg cramps occasional but no fun. Critical to take Zytiga/prednisone exactly as prescribed."

glasshalffull April 5, 2013

For Prostate Cancer "PSA 28 to 4 in one week. Fatigue only side effect. Prednisone effect- no pain in bad knee(which has nothing to do with prostate cancer)."

Anonymous August 9, 2011