User Reviews for Fluconazole

Fungal Pneumonia 4.5
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.6 433 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

taste loss · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was prescribed this medication after getting a yeast infection while treating a horrible UTI with antibiotics. I wanted to wait before treating it as I didn’t want to take this pill with my antibiotics and really mess up my stomach, but after two days I caved. I took this pill last night and this morning I already feel quite a bit better. The only side effect I’ve noticed, and a side effect I haven’t seen anyone mention, is an insane change in my sense of taste. I went for a sip of my coffee this morning and it tasted like I was chewing on raw grounds no matter how much I sweetened it. Then I got curious and started trying other things and they all tasted bitter and bland, tomatoes, milk, bread, etc. Other than a change in taste, I’ve had no other symptoms!”

Chilux · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: “Okay umm...I was diagnosed of candida 2014 and was given different antifungal which seemed to work for the mean time. Then In 2015 I had a re infection, symptoms were similar to the last one. So diflucan was recommended 150mg single dose and ketoconazole cream. On taking the single dose diflucan I got a lot better after 3 hours it was such a relief, the itching, burning and inflammation stopped. This is 2020 and currently on another dose and it's working perfectly... I recommend this drug 100%”

30yrs toenail fungal infection April 29, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I just started taking a medication called Afumix. I was prescribed this medication after seeing a Dermatologist in GDL MX, he sent me to have a culture done. They scrapped the nail to identify the type of fungal infection, I’ve had it for over 30 years, battling athletes foot as well. I’ve suffered with this for soo many years, unsightly toe nails and itchy feet. Started this medication 4 days ago and will now take 6 days off then back on 4 days On 6 days off... I will continue this cycle until I’m done with 16 pills. By the way I bought this medication in Mexico for just under $100. 4 boxes with 4 pills in each box. I already have noticed that the skin on my feet feels smoother and absolutely no itchy ness between my toes. It appears to be clearing the skin peeling. I will continue to update the results after I’m done with the dose. FYI I’ve tried the Lamisil/terbifine pills and cream both never worked for me .”

Marleyt · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

For Fungal Infections: “Great! Finally 0 side effects and seems to be getting the job done after suffering armpit fungal infection for 5 months with other treatments but working and making it worse from bad reactions! I took for 2 weeks along with a non steroid topical and combined everything is looking good! Very satisfied!”

Carol · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve had yeast infections in the past and this medication has made it go away with no problem at all. However, I’ve been having a yeast infection for 4 months now, yes 4 WHOLE MONTHS and it doesn’t go away with taking this medication that my obgyn only seems to be prescribing me. It’s nothing else but a yeast infection and Diflucan doesn’t work for me anymore. I’m going to have to try boric acid suppositories...”

Akua March 2, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I used fluconazole to treat discharge and smell and I still get the discharge and I'm getting this side effect of nausea too”

haaa, wht an itcch! February 26, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So, was prescribed this for a vaginal yeast infection from antibiotics. Had to take 150mg 1st day then another 3 days later. After 30 mins of taking it, dizziness, nausea, headache hit me. An hour later, whole body started to itch, eyes, nose, ears, tongue, throat, extreme itching and burning, itching & prickling in the anus, can't sit or lie down. Dunno if it is an allergic reaction. Next day, bad stomach & tummy cramps, bloat, gas, sweating, a bit of diarrhoea, fatigue, mood swings, dp feelings, loss of appetite, cough, chest pain, flu symptoms, throat is tingling and can't eat a damn thing without choking. literally dunno what to do. My vag is now in co-ma. DIscharge went away, the itching and irritation is still there, & I 'm in a lot of pain, the yeast infection is still there. Will not take the 2nd pill. Had I known the side-effects, I would have flushed this pill in the toilet . I could have just cured the yeast infection naturally with a diet, probiotics or old-fashioned monistat.”

Sakura · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 25, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So this is probably very TMI but here goes. I’ve been taking diflucan for about 3 years now. I have recurrent yeast infections due to being immunocompromised. Last year I had 9 infections. I am allergic to all over the counter yeast medicines. My labia minora is always inside my body, the over the counter medication causes my labia to come outside of my body and swell to the size of bigger than a golf ball. This medication saves me so much. When I take it, it’s like magic. I notice improvement within an hour. Usually only takes a day and it’s gone completely. Before I knew of it’s existence I would use Apple cider vinegar. Don’t do that. It burns bad. It killed the yeast but started giving me BV. So thankful for this medication.”

BGa February 24, 2020

For Coccidioidomycosis: “After taking the drug fluconazole for 6 month I had a severe reaction which included swollen red face and eyes. Very itchy face, neck, and head with flakey or peeling skin.. Very sensitive to sunlight.”

StannAugmon92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I had unsightly toenail fungus for many, many years. I didn't want to take lamisil because of the liver side effects. My dermatologist suggested fluconazole. I took 150mg per week. What a drug...my toenail fungus disappeared completely after around 9 months. It didn't work on one toenail but after another round of fluconazole, that toenail healed, as well. I highly recommend fluconazole but, of course, make sure you consult with your doctor or dermatologist first.”

MissNickie February 14, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Fluconazole is The BEST and ONLY drug that cures vaginal (and anal) yeast infections! I recently had to be prescribed antibiotics for a sinus infection, so I already knew I would get a yeast infection because I always do whenever I have to take antibiotics. Fluconazole gives me a lot of relief. What many people may not know is that antibiotics can cause other medical issues to develop while taking them, such as diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, excessive gas, yeast infections, etc. Taking antibiotics this time resulted in me having a vaginal and anal yeast infection. I hate itching worse than being in pain! Thankfully, Fluconazole, hydrocortisone cream, and Benadryl always give me the needed relief when I deal with yeast infections. This was the first time that I developed anal yeast with very intense itching. Fluconazole is a life saver and I highly recommend this drug instead of OTC treatments to get rid of yeast!”

Pollypocket · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This week has been incredibly long but I think the madness is coming to an end. I was given a large dose of amoxicillin for strep and this was my first yeast infection ever. To anyone in the midst of it right now please stay strong. I’ve never felt such agony and discomfort and PAIN. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and its diflucan(fluconazole), nystatin (or any topical anti fungal to help the itch) and an ice pack (wrapped in a towel of course)!!. The fluconazole takes times. It’s gets worse before it gets better but I’m here now to say it def gets better so hang in there!! I’m not 100% back to normal but I think I’m on my way.”

Anastacia · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Fluconazole: Brand name Diflucan worked like magic for me. It sounds like a yeast infection may have been the wrong diagnosis for some of you all judging from the symptoms or the yeast infection may have been more severe which may have called for a double dose on the first day vs. the one dose of 150mg. What helped me was drinking plenty of water to flush the medicine through my system, eating yogurt with probiotics, urinating as much as possible, and flushing my exterior vulva with cool water for relief to rinse the yeast from my skin. (((Do not rub or scratch your vulva because that contributes to swelling, inflammation, and irritation ))). Sit on the toilet or tub and rinse with a large cup of cool water and pat dry. I AVOIDED ALCOHOL FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK while the antibiotic took its course. I was healed completely in less than 3-4 days.”

Kyl January 23, 2020

“I am a male. I balanitis at the same times as my partner's yeast infection outbreak. This included redness, itchiness of the penis head, and foreskin irritation. Treated for yeast infection as partner has had recurring yeast infection My partner just finished a 3 pill treatment (one pill taking every other day) and is cleared of infection. She had no side effects. I felt a tiny bit dizzy after taking it for a few hours and just a little spacey with a mild headache. A walk to the grocery store later and I felt fine besides the mild headache. After sleeping that night, I feel fine and my penis seems to be in good order. I know a lot of people are gonna be scared reading all this alarming reviews but at the end of the day, you won't know how you'll react until you've taken it, doesn't matter how many people feel ill from it; they're NOT you. I reckon most people don't seek out drug reviews when they work, just when they're scared or when they have a bad reaction. Fluconazole is as likely to give you a bad reaction as Advil or Tylenol.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After taking one dose of Diflucan I developed a severe rash, it looked like sunburn, on my chest, upper arms, stomach and back. It was extremely itchy. I’m assuming this is an allergic reaction.”

Sonia · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Hi I was suffering with vaginal thrush from last 1 year I tried all on the counter medicine, home remedies, strict diet nothing with for me , my GP sent me to gynaecologist, she put me on boric acid pessary every month for 15 days and fluconzole 150 every week. I took fluconzole more then year but nothing work for me, it is so bad itch all the time , no one understands me, I was in pain then I went to new GP I explain her everything she put me on fluconzole 50 mg daily for 8 weeks. It was the best decision on my life slowly, slowly day by day my symptoms gone finally I am now thrush free! I can’t believe it’s really good treatment...fluconzole 150 mg only works if you have thrush once but in my case severe we need regular dosage ..thanks”

Candida Fungus Overload · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had similar reactions to those I've read about but not quite to the severity. I'm wondering if the degree of side effects are proportional to the degree of fungal invasiveness (overgrowth). So if you have a mild case of candida overgrowth, maybe the side effects will be mild too. I took this drug about 1 1/2 years ago and had no side effects. I know my candidiasis is worse now than it was before, and I had side effects this time. I'm using natural anti-fungals - Google for a list of them - at this point along with following a strict diet. It may take longer to treat, but I don't feel side effects.”

Nickname · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am allergic to this drug. Within 10-30 minutes of taking it, I feel extremely intense itching in my vaginal area. It becomes swollen, irritated and very itchy. 1st time it happened I did not realise it was the drug, went to the dr and was tested and treated for any potential STIs. 10 days later, dr checks and sees I have thrush (I was not itchy, so I didn’t know) Advises OTC medication. I took the drug a second time and again within 10-30 minutes I have extreme itching, swelling and irritation. That’s when it clicked that I was having a reaction. Pharmacist recommended an antihistamine and ice to the area. This helped but I did ice for a full day and night and had to take a repeat antihistamine following day. Still not 100, mild itching but I’m hoping the flucon. will do it’s thing and I’ll be back to normal in a couple more days. I would not have this drug again.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was told by the doctor I had yeast infection so they prescribed me the one dose Diflucan and the cream. I took the Diflucan almost 48 hours ago and symptoms got worse - intense and unbearable stabbing pain in my vay jay whenever I walk, laugh, and go to urinate, and it’s gotten to the point where I’ve had to call in sick for work as I can’t move around properly! I heard that the pain means your infection is leaving the body so I’m giving it a few more days and in the meantime I’m too scared to use the gel as I heard from too many people it causes burning and I just can’t live with anymore pain!”

Stein · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “First time I took fluconazole I experienced diarrhea and dizziness often (was on it for several months due to oral thrush as a result of too much antibiotics and weakened immune system). Second time I took it, my side effects were completely different (again was on it due to oral thrush and weak immune system). Had diarrhea for only 1 day, and only felt dizzy once. But I started breaking out severely on the T-level of my face with severely painful cystic acne. I was only on the medication for 5 days and I broke out so much! I realize by the 3rd day that the reason I was breaking out was due to the fluconazole. It takes about a week after finishing the medication for it to completely flush out of the body. Horrible experience, had to call out from work as a result. It took me months to recover from the cystic scars. Always be cautious of what you take and how your body reacts to medication! I learned that the hard way.”

Alynn December 19, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took a course of antibiotics for BV and ended up getting a yeast infection. I went back to the clinic where they have me a 3 day course of Terconazole, it helped but didn't clear the infection completely. Such a pain! So back to the clinic I went where they gave me 2 doses of Fluconazole, one to take right away and another to take 3 days later. I didn't notice an immediate improvement like many of these other reviews. About 24 hours after taking the first dose I noticed a lot of prickling down there, kind of like sandpaper. The prickling lasted for about a week before it finally started to fade. I went back to the clinic 10 days later to make sure the infection was gone, and they finally couldn't find any yeast! I still feel a bit sore and scratchy, but at least I know it is from the infection healing and not more yeast. Didn't have any major side effects, just felt really tired after a few days. Overall Im happy with Fluconazole, but the curing and healing process is very gradual.”

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

For Candidemia: “Do NOT take this medicine! I want to first start off by saying , this medicine fluconazole 150 mg 3 rounds is terrible! I had no idea I was having an allergic reaction to this medication I was prescribed this medicine and it did nothing to help my yeast infection!!!!!!! It caused the sides of my tongue to swell and caused it to burn and be very sore. I got checked twice for everything single STD!!!! All negative! It caused me to breakout in hives and still experiencing systems of allergic reaction including dry mouth and slightly swollen lump nodes under arms !!! The worst medication on the market ! The side effects of this medicine is not even listed ! I believe I’m going to sue the company for lack of knowledge of reactions ! Be very cautious of this medicine before taking ! Is absolute nightmare for me !!!!”

FungasAmongus · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: “bing bang bong - 1 dose cleared my candida bladder infection up! literally hours after taking Fluconazole I felt better. 1 more to go in 6 more days and I'm good to go. prob don't even need the other, but will take. my condition...yea pretty bad. ”

Vic · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This medication is not a joke, I kid you not. I was able to take only 2 of 3 prescribed pills of 150mg of this chemical for a very bad vaginal yeast infection brought on by antibiotic use, and I regret that I took this. One single pill caused pounding headaches, extreme nausea, tachycardia, chills, cold and hot flushes, profuse sweating, depression, explosive D, no appetite, fatigue, pale skin, dizziness, chest tightness, panic attacks, mental confusion and nightmares. I felt like I was in a living nightmare or in a horror movie. That said, it did not even touch my burning, itchy and violently discharging vagina. Even more, my vagina felt numb on this pill & no sexual pleasure, even my poor bf started to think that I was gonna have normal vagina and enjoy sex. I will never take this chemical again in my system. Now taking Candex with a probiotic & a yeast free diet, seems to be working. Hoping to bring my vagina into this world again.”

Marie December 3, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m prone to yeast infections and get them right before my period often, or after having baths etc. Usually I’m able to treat them with fluconazole but not this time. I had BV and had it treated, then a week or so later experienced a burning sensation that was mild. Assuming it was a yeast infection since no bad smell was present and had taken a otc test that came up negative, I took fluconazole like usual. No relief after a week. Used a canesten cream that made the burning worsen. Also have constipation from the fluconazole. I think I have a resistant strain of yeast, so off to the doctor later this week for some much needed relief.”