User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

7.2
Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 194 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Make sure you do NOT drink alcohol when taking this. It works well when my Doctor prescribes three (3) pills, to take every three days. That does the trick!"

nikgam5 July 27, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took 2 days for a normal pH"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is a wonder drug. The first time I had a yeast infection, it lasted for months, with unbearable itching, blisters and bleeding. Because there was no discharge, I didn't think it was a yeast infection, and because I had been previously diagnosed with lichen sclerosus, I thought this constant pain and misery was just how my life would always be from then on. When I went to see my gyn, she said it didn't look like a yeast infection, but said we should do a test anyway. Lo and behold, it was a YI. My doc gave me fluconazole, and one pill fixed everything. Since then, any time I get YI symptoms (unfortunately often because I have to take regular antibiotics) I take this, and it's always worked. It's also cheaper than OTC!"

JP Kraft (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "I get yeast infections often. Recently, I've experienced the hell that is thrush! I thought only little ones got this, but I was wrong. I tried the Rx mouth wash and there was little to no change. So I asked for a Diflucan pill because it's always worked on my vag yeast infections. What do ya' know, within 24 hours there is a marked difference, and my poor tongue is getting some relief. Great med, love the one dose system, and it works for me."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had minor itching and burning for a few weeks. Couldn't figure out if it was from soaking in the tub, drinking lemon juice daily or from doing perineal hair hygiene. Figured it was a yeast infection and finally say a small amount of thin white discharge. Desperately tried home remedies that worked before the discomfort returned. 4 weeks later took Diflucan 1-dose. Symptoms improved almost immediately bmbut never resolved. Ouch Ouch Ouch will call the doc tomorrow for treatment of this persistent infection."

Script.2nd July 11, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had terrible,recurrent thrush for about a year. My doctor isn't overly intersted,kept just giving me Canestan pessaroes and creams. I tried Fluconozole but it made my thursh even worse. I'm miserable with it. Trying diet,lifestyle and going back to the doctor. Here's hoping it clears up. Wish the same for everyone else struggling with it too."

Elle757 July 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It works for me every time when your diabetic it happens when sugars are to high sugars spill over into the bladder causing it but I have found fluconazole and a little help with Monistat cream or just walmart cream helps with the itchy feeling. it comes with a tube I just use that in the surface and does the job ."

Motherov3girls1 July 7, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the Dr for a yeast infection (my first) and was given this. It seemed to help yesterday after I took it but woke up this morning with worse itching and massive amounts of discharge. Really hoping this will look up soon since I'm a newlywed and have things to do!!!"

Chigal July 6, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "A few days after finishing a round of antibiotics (metronidazole) I started to get oral thrush. I took two rounds of nystatin (oral rinse) and still had the thrush. Doctor prescribed fluconazole (150mg for 7 days) - thrush responded very well but at the end of the duration it started to come back. Dr called in another prescription (150mg for 5 days) and so far my oral thrush is gone (I've been done with the prescription for 4 days). The only side effect I have noticed is a 'side stitch/pinch/ache' type feeling. It's mild but noticeable and started the day I took the fluconazole and continues today. I've read it can stay in your system for 7 days so hoping the pain goes away very soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I went to the clinic on Monday to get STD check because I was having discharge diagnosed me with a yeast infection they priscribed me the one time pill and I took it. Tuesday it started itching and creamy discharge and burning sensation (very uncomfortable) now it's wed and it seems to have gotten no better if anything worse because when I went to the clinic I wasn't having any of the symptoms I'm having now it sucks and is very discomforting especially when I'm at work .. I called my doc office to see if they can give me something else and figure out what's really going on. Ugh! I just want my vagina back to normal"

Loveland23 June 16, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was diagnosed with a Yeast Infection for the first time yesterday morning after 2 days of discomfort. My vulva was swollen, sore & itchy & my vagina was extremely sore & it burned slightly. After I saw cottage cheese-like discharge in my underwear on yesterday morning I decided it was time to take action & I went to my doctor. I was given one pill (150 Mmg dose of Diflucan) by my doctor. I took the pill at around 10:30am & later on last night I began to feel relief! This morning around 7am I woke up feeling almost 100% relieved!! Not even a full 24 hours & this medicine gave me relief! I can still feel slight itching a little bit throughout my day, but I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be back to normal & yeast infection free by Tuesday!"

Juju61406 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was experiencing discharge, itching and swelling for approximately 2 weeks and used OTC Monistat suppositories, to no avail. I went to GYN for annual physical yesterday and mentioned symptoms. She prescribed Diflucan 150mg tablet (1) and I took it on an empty stomach. Within a couple of hours symptoms ceased and today I feel so much better without discharge or itching. Best thing for me!!!!"

Sexytwin (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Awesome medication. I got a really bad yeast infection that kept coming back after two Z-packs. I took three, three days apart and it completely got rid of it. The inflammation lingered for a bit because the tissue was damaged, which is apparently normal according to WebMD and my doctor. Once I got an upset stomach from taking it, but that could have easily been avoided if I ate something with it."

Anne-H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Amazing!!"

Uy May 31, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a severe yeast infection. My labia were inflamed and over enlarged with a hard texture. My vulva was extremely itchy and my doctor prescribed oral fluconazole 150, 2 tablets. The first dose was enough to completely calm down the whole infection. I noticed some changes with in 4 hours of taking it. The next day there was a white debris in my vulva which was evidence of the yeast being killed off. I still had another dose left over and noticed great changes with just one dose."

Annie Yeasty (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "so i took this sat. had to wait 5 days fpr second dose. during the 5 days symptoms were mild. irritated more when i peed and wiped. today is 5th day i took the 2nd pill this morn.. all symptoms cleared.. "

im ready to have sex again lol (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have chronic yeast infections. At first I used Monistat and my vag became so swollen I couldn't close my legs without it hurting, I was like that for 3 days. I went to the doctor and he finally gave me diflucan and I've used it 3 times in the past and it worked very quickly every time. But I have a yeast infection again and I took diflucan at about 6pm, and it's now 1:32 am, I'm awake crying because the itching has gotten worse and it's almost like I'm dripping discharge. This has never happened before. I'm just hoping it's a sign that the pill is clearing my vag of the infection..."

PJ21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I'm a 30yo male and I recently picked up a painful candida infection. Ironically, this was worsened by the doctor prescribing me antibiotics in the initial belief that it must be a bacterial STI. Men can and do get thrush! Anyway, this med eased the burning immediately and cleared it up entirely after 7 days."

Tomega (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill today at 2 pm. It is now 11:57 pm. I am in agony. The itching is torture. I read some posts that say it takes 2 days to start taking effect. Well forget that. The cream may be nasty and drips all day onto a pad, but at least it is relief from the itching. I can't stand it. I feel lick clawing my vag off. Off to the 24 hr pharmacy I go. Next time I will tell my doc to give me the cream."

ChickInAgony April 29, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used fluconazole several times. It works every time, I don't have to put goop up inside of me for about a week, don't have to buy pads when I am post menopausal. Because I am a diabetic sometimes it takes two pills. Still beats goop and pads."

Starshine428 April 27, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all."

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took a 6-month course of fluconazole beginning in the Fall of 2013 for a moderate, but long-term case of toenail fungus (both big toes). One nail is now clear and has reattached. The other is now worse and I just completed another 6-month course. Am hoping for resolution. I'm also using Penlac on it. Lamisil (oral) made me feel awful, or I would have used it instead."

radseg April 21, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I love the pill it's more effective and it works rite away, me myself is NOT a monistat person and I love sex with my mate. I'd rwther get rid of it and quick. It came from antibiotics. Everytime i take antibiotics i have the same problem."

Precious1980 April 16, 2016

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "While in Costa Rica an ichy skin condition that was developing for some time and which I did not know was fungus got worse. Went into a pharmacy and was recommended fluconizole. Within an hour the itchiness started to subside. By the next day there was visible improvement. By the end of the first week chronic Athlete's foot was mostly healed, as was jock itch. Got back to the states saw my doc, told him I wanted to continue with it to treat the nail fungus. He suggested a different drug. After a month I stopped seeing improvement. Switched back to fluconizole. 8 years later I have never gotten athletes foot again and I had it most of my life between two particular toes. It is as if I am permanently inoculated against fungus."

Esteve April 9, 2016