User Reviews for Fluconazole

Fungal Pneumonia

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 7.0 344 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Last night 4/3/19 I had another prescription refill of fluconazole 1 pill 150 mg. I had previously taken a dose two weeks before this one. That dose I took had my lip tingling and itching a little. I ignored it. So last night after I took fluconazole around 8:30 p.m my lips started tingling again but this time it was MUCH WORSE! Not only my lips my whole body felt as if a swarm of mosquitoes were attacking. I looked in the mirror, lips swollen and red with little red bumps, face starting to swell. I took two benadryl and now I feel much better. I let my doc know I had a severe allergic reaction to fluconazole."

Bubbles (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Yeast infections are a complete pain. I've been bouncing between bacterial vaginosis & yeast - the antibiotics tend to trigger yeast. I was using boric acid (made it feel all better but then yeast regrew once I stopped), then canesten cream but I could feel that crawling feeling of the infection still being there. I took the fluconazole tablet yesterday- can definitely feel the itch and discomfort fading. My theory is that fluconazole is good to kill the candida in your stomach, with one theory being that your digestive health reaches your vagina via the short distance from anal passage. I have taken fluconazole previously & felt like it did nothing but it really seems to be helping this time. If you have a persistent yeast infection just try everything- different routes, different things work. Boric acid has always been great to bring relief. Fingers crossed the issues stay away! But they do seem to keep reoccurring :( Good luck everyone!"

Penelope April 2, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Oral Thrush: "After taking one 150 mg pill for oral thrush the next day I got vertigo bending over, it was so bad I fell over. "

patient (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took this about 4 hours ago within an hour I have a burning sensation in back of my throat and feels like a lump , which is making me burp loads !!! A strange taste in my mouth and feel utterly awful ! Scared as spoke to doctor whom think it’s a bad reaction but when u feel it’s hard to swallow it is worrying !!! Never again will I take this it’s terrifying me have no idea if symptoms will get worse or wear off or how long they will last !!!"

Ceoede (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got a prescription to treat a vaginal yeast infection,I've had for 2 weeks. On Friday I took my first pill I didn't see any changes right away like a lot of people say they do. The next morning Saturday some of the itching went away but it was still severe with swelling. Today is Sunday I took my last dose. The itching and redness seemed worse than before when I woke up this morning. I took my last does about 10pm it is now 1:30 and I don't feel any symptoms of the yeast. I still feel swollen and I'm red down there. Hopefully my last dose will knock this out. I do have a problem with constantly feeling gassy and having stomach pains when I take this medication it also gives me diarrhea"

Tiff (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Best thing since sliced bread, no pun intended. Felt better within a matter of hours!!"

Shanner (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have took Diflucan a couple of times in my life, but at the age of 38 I had a surgery to my eye and my doctor had me take diflucan the day before surgery. The next morning I had welts on my face my lips were swollen and they almost cancelled the surgery. I took it again a couple of weeks later and the same thing happened again hearts in the exact same place lip swollen except this time it took longer to go away and I could barely breathe. This sounds like an allergic reaction so I should never take it again."

Nibbi January 30, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have taken Diflucan for yeast infections for years. I always get the infection after having to take antibiotics for a sinus infection (at least 1x/year). I have never had any issues - until now. Twelve hours after taking the Diflucan, I developed 3 hives- two on my face and one on my thumb. I thought maybe it was from something else or stress, so I ignored it. Big mistake. Had to take a second pill this week, and the hives came back in the exact same places, only worse, and have blistered. I also now have blisters inside my mouth and one my lips. They are extremely painful and are healing, but still there after 6 days. I expect scarring. If you have an allergic reaction to this drug DO NOT take it again. It only gets worse. Now to figure out what I CAN take, as the yeast infection is still there."

BadExperience (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been battling chronic vaginal candida symptoms now for 9 years (pain and burning in the vagina). Over the last few years I have also developed esophageal candida and toenail fungus (as well as thrush in the vagina). To cut a long story short, after many specialists and doctors claiming I don't have candida, I started on a course of Fluconazole 200mg a day but it kept flaring back up. I have now increased the dosage to 400mg a day and it's working. After many years of dealing with this problem, I have concluded that Fluconazole is fairly ineffective or is not prescribed at a high enough dose or for long enough. With the use of antibiotics, I also believe it's essential that gut health be restored with probiotics otherwise recurrent candida will keep recurring thus treating the symptoms and not the cause."

tpm January 19, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I asked my doctor for a prescription of diflucan after monistat 7 burned my insides worse than the infection itself! Diflucan has been great for me so far!! I was prescribed two 150mg tablets— one to take ASAP, and the other to take three days later. I’m on day 2 of the pill being in my system, and let me tell you, although it takes a while for the pill to kick in, it really does work!!! Now, this didn’t work a mere couple hours later for me, I didn’t start to feel relief until this morning, but a little over 24 hours after ingesting the pill, and the burning has completely gone away :) the itchiness is still prevalent, although it has subsided GREATLY. I’m still a bit sore, but that’s to be expected with a really bad yeast infection. The only side effects that I’ve really noticed with this pill are that it did leave a small patch of dry skin near my mouth (but as an eczema sufferer, this is nothing crazy for me to handle lol), and it really will give you the poops."

begone itch (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I reacted strongly. I was red and itchy all over my body. My hands and mouth were swollen. I think it was an allergy"

Naniii (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It’s been about 6 hours since I took it, and it feels like my symptoms went away. However, about 45 minutes after taking it, I had the WORST panic attack that I’ve had in a long time. Granted, I have anxiety disorder, but I haven’t had a bad panic attack like that in almost a year. Just an FYI for those with anxiety or panic disorder."

Anonymos (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I suffer from reoccurring yeast infections. 1 every few months...more often in the summer. The OTC creams do not work. Diflucan has been a life saver...up until recently. I noticed they have changed the pill - visually at least. Since the change I have needed 2 or 3 doses for it to be effective. The one that comes in a blister pack seems to work much better than the multi dose that comes in a pill bottle. Anyway, when it works I usually see improvement hours after taking the pill and am totally clear by day 2."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Well I figure out I had a yeast infection because I felt very uncomfortable . Two days later I’m like I feel irritated not burning but something ain’t right and I went to my doctor she did a check up and told me she didn’t see any lesions so I was good and I just had a yeast infection so she prescribe the pill at 150 mg. Boy the next 24 hours was the longest and this why it isn’t ten stars. When about 18 hours hit you will feel pain in your vagina - like okay I think the medicine is doing it job - but boy it hurt and then I went back to sleep woke up and my vagina went back to normal after a day !!!"

Idkwattoput (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The itching stopped within 3 hours, only because of the explosive diarrhea!! Holy smokes! Yeast infection is gone though."

ImOk (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I recently was on antibiotics and I believe it gave me a yeast infection. I’ve taken one diflican on the first day off of antibiotics and three days later but I still have the symptoms. It can’t be anything else because I was tested for everything when I got on the antibiotics. I’m at wits end at this point!"

Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It got rid of the yeast infection going on. I just had the one time dose. But the diarrhea that I have is horrible. It happened to me the second and third day. Almost like a stomach bug."

Saywhat205 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this medication to treat a severe yeast infection. I used the two-day pill treatment. My doctor said to take the first one and then if my symptoms did not completely disappear after 3 days to take the second one. Took pill one and noticed my symptoms got worse. I took the second one with no luck either. My doctor then prescribed me the 7 day treatment following the two day. My symptoms got slightly better but have not gone away completely. Intercourse is too painful to do anymore and I still get inchiness, dryness, and abnormal discharge. This is extremely frustrating. Still looking for a cure :("

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had 3 back to back yeast infections. The first one I treated myself with 7 day cream. The second one my doctor saw during my annual pap. I told her I thought I had one and she said she thought I was correct. She tested me for other infections, but it was in fact yeast. So she prescribed Diflucan and gave me 2 pills. I took one that day and one 3 days later. I started noticing an improvement within 24 hours. Let me say that the burning and itching from the yeast infections were SO SEVERE. I even questioned my 10 year partner about his fidelity because I wondered if I had somehow contracted an STI. (Not to his face) I'm not proud of that. It wasn't long, about a month later and I got ANOTHER yeast infection and this one, the burning was even worse. I emailed my doctor and she sent a prescription in to the pharmacy. The Diflucan worked the same started working in about 24 hours."

Georgia October 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First make sure you are being diagnosed with a yeast infection via a swab just in case it is bacterial! If that is positive for yeast, your doctor will recommend dosage and frequency, sometimes you could have outer discomfort associated and may use the external yeast cream that comes in the yeast infection otc box at the same time you’re taking the pill. Use it for at least 7 days (the external cream) no matter how many days worth of diflucan. If you are getting external symptoms, may be due to too much external cream or if you are using only pill, may be due to another infection you may have. Important to have a swab done. Probiotics aren’t necessarily the best. I recommend concentrated dose of chamomile, garlic, low to no sugar, greens, and possibly tea tree, or boric acid suppository. ( make sure it is administered correctly). Too much of one probiotic could be harmful if your body already has an abundance of one. Try other remedies. Hope this helps!"

Lizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Tried several times the pill never works. My best bet is monistat 7 day."

Scottwaters (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medication never works for me & has bad side effects!"

FunGirl September 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Woke up with worst yeast infection in years! Red inner labia, thick white chunky discharge, itching. Miserable! Took diflucan at 12pm. By 9pm most of the discharge was gone. Still being inflicted with itching torture but I am hopeful for full relief by tomorrow. I’ve had no ill side effects from this drug."

Yeast Beast (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed just 2 pills after getting antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection “just in case.” They were to be taken 7 days apart. The morning after taking 1 I had nearly all the side effects mentioned for this drug. I didn’t read the side effects beforehand and psych myself out. I just wondered why my stomach was so bloated, painful miserable gas, constant BM, 0 appetite and worsts of all I had shortness of breath! Then, 24 hrs later, I remembered I had taken this the night before and looked up negative side effects. I will not be taking the other pill! If I ever get a true yeast infection, I will use the 1 day ovule that has no side effects! Can’t wait til this leaves my system which says it stay in your system for several days :("

K8s1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medicine works wonders, I took this pill around 9 am in the morning, it started working within a few hours...by 4 pm that evening my symptoms were drastically improved. Whoever says this medicine doesn’t work must might have a really bad yeast infection or maybe something else because it surely worked well for me. It gets a 10 in my book!"

T September 12, 2018