User Reviews for Fluconazole

Fungal Pneumonia

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 7.1 298 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This product did not work for my yeast infection. Very disappointed. I tried both Canesten and prescription Fluconazole which helped maybe 50% but needed diflucan to finish it. Very disappointed in both."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2018

For Tinea Corporis: "The side effects of fluconazole are terrible, it didn't work so well. After two weeks of taking it every third day it couldn't cureļ¼Œjust the same effect as a good rest but with side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have a weakened immune system due to my autoimmune disease medications I take daily. I tend to catch a yeast infection every now and then. This is my second time using fluconazole since last year. The first and second time I had one side affect. My two bowel movements in one day came out like diarrhea. Other than that it has worked both times for me just fine."

Ms. Prissy (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The most trusted medication"

Nick (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Terrible experience with this medication. I only took one pill-It did clear up my yeast infection but the side effects were harsh. I’m prone to migraines and it made me have some of the worst migraines I’ve ever had. I panicked about my head which led my anxiety to sky rocket and had a panic attack. I didn’t eat much because I was nauseous. For some reason I broke out with pimples-has this happened to anyone else? I wasn’t close to my period or anything so it’s not normal for me to experience. The only time I felt better is when I was sleeping. Basically just trying to wait it out until it was out of my system."

Kaykay (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Oral Thrush: "I have taken diflucan many times for a yeast infection on my bottom lip caused by my steroid inhaler. 150mg 1 week repeated the next. It worked great for the first few times. But now it clears it up a little but not all the way. If anyone could tell if the dosage is wrong it would be great. These doctors have no idea."

Laking (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2018

Laking (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Cryptococcal Meningitis, Immunosuppressed Host: "I diagnosed with Cryptococcal meningitis. Was treated with Fluconazole when it was a new drug instead of the accepted Amphotericin b. With the newer Fluconazole the infection was controlled without the need for inpatient hospitalization. Fluconazole has a few side effects like diarrhea, but ended up being mild. My biggest problem with the pill was that it would easily break down in the mouth and throat. If not taken with plain water and swallowed VERY quickly it would dissolve and stick in the throat causing gagging and leaving a foul taste for hours. On the other hand the drug was very effective for a life threatening condition. The few down sides were outweighed by the overwhelming benefits. The old treatment is much harsher than the Fluconazole. My vote goes hand down in favor of Fluconazole. Barring complications a life long maintenance dose will be required, but again a small inconvenience."

whisperlinerL1011 (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Never taking this pill again. Diarrhea and vomiting all day while 19 weeks pregnant."

Jess (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "No side effect on me, It will be fully affective in 24hrs ,the med will stay in your body and continue working for about 3 days. Monistat burns, so, Flucondazole is my one and only hope to fight off the yeast infection. Highly recommend!"

Kedo (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’m on diflucan for 6 months ! One once a week. I’ve also changed my diet. No sugary foods, no peanuts, no potatoes, no corn, no YEAST products. Stay away from bread!!!! The best way to cure yeast is naturally with probiotics , yogurt , and eating yeast free. I know it’s hard but it has to be worth it . When I started taking diflucan I started this diet as well. Diflucan barely helped until I changed my diet and took probiotics with cranberry pills also."

Star8456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Stopped discharge, but still have an irritating mild itch."

Melody (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have recurrent vaginal yeast infections (Candida albicans) that are difficult to treat. I've been on a number of different protocols with this med. First it was the standard 1x150mg, then it was 150mg followed by 150mg three days later, next it was 100mg ever other day for a month, however, the only thing truly effective was 200mg twice a week for 6 months. This stuff works, it sucks that it took a specialist gyno who only deals with vaginitis cases to finally implement what worked. For anyone wondering, I asked this Dr about the candida diets and whatnot, and was told the diets and cleanses are BS. Anyway, the medication works, but only when you find the correct regime for taking it."

Pseudonymish (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had tried some Monistat 3 with no relief. I called my gyne office and just hours after I had an appt. I called back and spoke to the nurse midwife. Told her what was going on she said she would call in a script for Diflucan. I am a retired OR nurse...when she mentioned Diflucan, I was thrilled. I had been prescribed this over 10 years before with great results. She called it in to a 24 hour pharmacy, and I felt like a new person by morning. I had remembered having the same results 10-12 years before...with one tablet."

JCC (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

For Esophageal Candidiasis: "I was so scared of this one dose pill because of some of these reviews that I almost talked myself out of taking it despite desperately needing it. So glad I took it! I ended up cutting it in half, took one around 8:30am experienced some nausea which could have turned to vomiting if I had anything in my stomach. Took the next at Noon, experienced some random mild belly cramping - nothing unbearable. It's now almost 6Pm and I've got a very mild headache with some random light itching. Absolutely nothing major, and best news ever is I finally got to eat without choking!! I'll update if anything significant happens, otherwise... Just take the pill. You've got it because you NEED it. I've also been taking Nystatin 4x daily with it and am normally very anti-medication/Dr Phobic/side effect sensitive. Don't let reviews upset you. Some of them sound exaggerated anyway."

WileyKiley (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Well I have read and read several articles I went to the drs and alln- nothing worked without reappearing I’ve had a bacteria infection and yeast infection for a few months on and off I tried some yeast capsules the Azo brand with a monistat 3 ( ovule inset not the prefixed) ovule works best for very sensitive women)I use to always take hot showers which is bad for your vagina if your doing it too much 1.you need a vagisil wash or some brand of wash for the vagina health 2.fish oil capsules 3.monistat 4.cool warm showers only This will destroy all symptoms"

Baby Sylvia February 14, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took diflucan for a yeast infection on a Friday around 8 PM, at about 10 PM my lips started to tingle. I went to bed and woke up at 2 am to find my lips severely swollen with a rash around them. Today is Monday and my lips are burning, dry, and still swollen. I am now getting sores inside of my mouth from the diflucan. My yeast infection has cleared up, but the pain I am feeling now is horrific. I will NEVER take this pill again."

Lin2018 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm sensitive to medication side effects so I took after eating. I was given 2 doses of 150mg, one on first day then again 3 days later, for yeast infection after antibiotics for kidney infection. Day 1, drowsy, dull headache, severe bloat/upset stomach, feeling diarrhea-ish, worst smelling gas of my life (yay). Infection symptoms dissipated within 1/2 day, but returned on and off. Today, 7 days later, I took a 1/2 dose. Bad gas, some bloating and upset tummy but not as severe. Symptoms gone within a few hours of taking it. I'll finish the other half in another day. Maybe it's better to take it at night. Seems somewhat effective so far."

Raja1 January 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took Diflucan when I'm pregnant 26 weeks and had YI since I'm in my 13th week of pregnancy. After taking 1 tab, the next day all the discharge came out and it feels so relieved (I think around 80% improved). No itchy inside, no burning sensation outside, I can wear panty with comfort. Yet after 6 days, the symptom seems to come back (starts to feel itchy from inside). Not really sure I should repeat the dosage or not. Still waiting for my obgyn's reply."

Sha Abdul (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'd been battling a yeast infection (2nd one I've ever had) for almost 2 weeks after starting BC for the first time and very unaware this was a side effect. I stopped the BC and the doctor prescribed me a gel to use which slightly alleviated the symptoms but they'd return every other day. I was also taking Azo (which previously worked for me within 2 days-but this was a much stronger infection) , Cystex, Rephresh probiotic (which I normally take) and plenty of water and nothing. I finally budged and went to urgent care. This made me feel 100% better within 24hrs, please just ask for this instead OTC solutions."

Emmm78881 (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After having a YI for about a week, I ordered the PHD suppositories that usually work for me. They didn’t work this time. So I ordered Yeast Arrest suppositiories, they worked a little. Until I asked my dr for a Rx and she prescribed me this. 2 pills one every 3 days. After taking the first pill, I ate before taking it, no side effects except for a headache That lasted for like 2 days. My symptoms kind of subsided but not completely. Then I took the second pill 3 days later and when I woke up everything was 100%. I recommend!"

Adrienne B. (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Diflucan gave me a rash on my neck that looks like a ring. It is round, red, itchy and it burns."

Yeast lady December 13, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had my very first yeast infection from taking antibiotics to treat my first bladder infection (back to back pain and discomfort within a few days!) - I was so swollen and raw up there :( My doctor did a pelvic exam and told me to take the one dose fluconazole pill. Within 24 hours the terrible twinging I felt disappeared but the biggest reaction was (warning, totally gross) all of the yeast just tumbled out of me the following day when I went to the bathroom! The medicine just ejected all of the junk inside of me. I'm still on the mend (I took the pill yesterday afternoon) and there are some teeny twinges up there, but I'd say I am 80% healed. No side effects other than the healing. Hallelujah!"

catchingthelight December 2, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For all these people that is having a really bad reaction and feeling even worse, let me tell you that you are so infected with candida. You need to have a candida cleaning otherwise you will never get that vagina yeast infection sorted. Do a bit of research about candida and you will be so surprised."

MeredithCS November 17, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my first time getting a yeast infection and when I started to feel the burning and itching a few days ago I didn't know what was going on, I seen this discharge coming out and I was so disgusted. The smell wasn't strong but I had no idea what it all was. After seeing my gynecologist yesterday we knew right a way it was a yeast infection. I took my first pill yesterday and I felt so much better this morning, very little itching and no burning at all. I take my second pill on Saturday hopefully all the symptoms will be gone. Having that yeast infection was worst then labor. Fluconazole is doing its job well so far, such a relief!"

Shanny90 November 16, 2017