User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

5.8
Fungal Pneumonia 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 258 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had all the side affects listed for this medication. It was my first time using this drug. I took a 150mg tablet and I ended up with dizziness, diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain. I am on Day 4 after taking it and I still have lower abdominal pain from it. Please use caution!"

M Colon July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking Diflucan I experienced blisters on both pinky fingers and toes as well as the palms and bottoms of my feet. It was painful and uncomfortable the side effects passed after a couple of days however the yeast cleared up instantly. I will NEVER use the product again."

AngiePaine July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "While traveling from LA to the Philippines, I was hit hard by a yeast infection during my layover in China. It was the worst one yet and very painful and could not have happened at a worse place and time. Luckily, once I was in the Philippeans, I found a pharmacy who carried Diflucan. (Thank God!) My doctor emailed me a Rx. I will NEVER leave home on a trip without this drug again. My vacation was almost ruined. I took the med on an empty stomach. Later my tummy felt bloated and a little sore, but the feeling went away. That minor discomfort was worth it."

Traveling cat lady July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been having recurring yeast infections for about a year now. When I had one last year my doctor prescribed me one pill of fluconazole and it really didn't work. So I was hesitant when I recently got one last month and attempted to cure it with OTC med but I don't think it fully went away because here I am again with another yeast infection. Well my doctor just gave me 2 pills of fluconazole. My discharge has completely gone and now I still have a little itch. I'm praying after I take this second pill it would fully go away because it's really starting to depress me. My doctor is testing me for everything (even diabetes) I hope its nothing serious and just a yeast infection"

Oshah09 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Diflucan works wonders and for me! It is the best choice for a yeast infection. I've had frequent UTI's since giving birth and I always get a yeast infection after taking antibiotics. Diflucan works very well and the relief starts within a day or two . The downside to this medication is the itching gets more intense as the medicine works, usually this happens between day 1 and 2. I wish that this product was available over the counter, but it is indeed a great product for yeast infections, whether the infection is mild or severe. I even took this while I was pregnant. But if I can remember correctly, if you are pregnant, you are not supposed to take Diflucan more than once."

NickieLee June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "When I get a yeast infection I take 200mg fluconazole and within 2 days it's completely gone! I highly recommend this medication. "

Cassie_Dalton June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've tried these several times over the years. Always had great results! I've never had any side effects. I was using creams, suppositories everything otc to no avail. but these have always helped. I normally get one to take but last time I went he gave me 4 it says as needed. That is his fault because he didn't tell me how to take it. But I took one and haven't had to use the other 3. So far so good! Whoever invented this was a great person because I've seen young and old taking this and they also have my same experience so bravo!!!"

Kenysgurl June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "2 years with yeast infection...I have tried so many antibiotics such as metronidazole, doxycycline, candid v3 insert & candid v-gel and it is not work on me. I've decided to see gynae and she gave me diflucan 150mg and now I am totally free from yeast infection for about 2 month. No more discharged going out. I feel so grateful. Thank goodness for diflucan"

Lajsbshuabaggs (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Fluconazole cured my toenail fungus in 6 months. I am very grateful!"

Danishdessert June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Before I took the medication, my vagina wasn't burning. Within 20 minutes, I could feel my vagina burning then it stopped. Then the burning would start up again. It happened like maybe 3 times. A few hours after taking this drug, my body felt like it was on fire. Suddenly I felt nauseated and wanted to throw up but I didn't. The next morning I felt so relieved and itch-free. No burning either. I am currently on Day 5 and I took 150 mg with one pill. It seems to be working but will confirm after seeing OB/GYN."

twizzler_92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fungal Pneumonia: "I have been taking this med for about 3 months (for my Lung infection, Saccharomyces cerevisiae) with bad side effects. Severe muscle and joint pain, completely lost my taste for food, insomnia, mood swings, depression etc etc etc. Will have another CT scan in a few weeks and hopefully get off this stuff."

Alex A (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've taken only about four times in 31 years, but one of those times is recently for a mild yeast infection. I always take the pill on an empty stomach, usually just before bed. I've never had side effects, although I know it is not recommended to take it on an empty stomach as others may have side effects. However, I never have issues taking meds on an empty stomach. If you do have problems with that, you probably don't want to try it with this one either. My discharge and odor symptoms usually start to clear within one day. This recent one was so mild, I rarely had funky discharge or an itch, but for previous ones I did have to combine the use of Monistat itch relief wipes, because diflucan may not immediately reduce that."

Ga (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 22 and have always been prone to yeast infections. I can always tell when one is coming on because it gets swollen and sore to sit/walk/wipe. My doctor always calls me in a prescription of this and it does the trick every time. It usually takes 1-2 days for me to feel 100% back to normal, and I always take the second pill on the 3rd day. As for side effects, the first few hours after taking it, I usually get shaky, have a little bit of diarrhea, and have a weird "head high" type of feeling. It subsides after a little bit and doesn't last too long. I have to say that with how painful my yeast infections can get, the side effects are worth it for a few hours. I absolutely love this medicine!"

Ashhrenee13 April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got my first yeast on Sunday, I've tried topical medicine to get rid the itchi but still not work, then I search more about fungus medicine, I went to pharmacy then the pharmacist told me to use Diflucan, I tried on Thursday 10 pm and I feel better on Monday... wish that it will be gone on the 7 days treatment which is next thursday :)"

greatberry April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am very prone to yeast infections, I believe it's due to my birth control as well as having unprotected sex. Fluconazole has always cleared up my yeast infections with 2 doses. No side effects."

liopa626 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG!!!! Help! Yeast infections come and go. I've been tested for absolutely everything and no answers . Fluconazole sux! Otc meds suck! I'm like at the end of my ropes with this "

KareeBee April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This rubbish doesn't work. Doc put me on diflucan once a week for 12 weeks, then blood draw to check my liver, then another 12 weeks... yeast infections always come back. I need relief and 5 docs have only prescribed me this stuff. I guess I'll go back to yogurt suppositories:( OTC makes them worse, too:("

Screamingvag (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection. I took the 150mg Diflucan yesterday at lunch. I have no smell or itching as of this morning. It works fast BUT the side effects hit me hard. I have had stomach pains on & off all night and my heart rate has went up 3 times and stays up for around 30 minutes each time since yesterday evening. No rashes though. If you can deal with the side effects, I'd say it is an effective medicine that works fairly quick."

Anonymous April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've been taking them for over a week now and my symptoms have just stayed the same and there more discharge then b4 is this meant to happen"

Girl with problems (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am very prone to yeast infections. Especially while on birth control, for the most part really good probiotics clear it right up but I had slight symptoms of a yeast infection for the past week and the probiotics aren't doing the trick so I had a diflucan lying around from when I was on a zpak. Decided to just take it and see if it would help. I'm having an awful reaction my vagina is 100 times itchier. Don't take it. Go out and buy a great probiotic, so much better and all natural. I'm regretting taking it. :("

Anonymous April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I always get yeast infections. Especially after I finish a round of antibiotics for an ear infection or whatever it may be. Before I always tried using creams and it would take days to clear out. Sometime it wouldn't clear and I would have to go to the doctor and get another cream. Such a headache. I finally got a great Gyno, who prescribed this to me, and I thought, hmm a pill? Thats odd. Took the pill that morning, by night time, I was feeling much better, and the next day the discharge was way way less. By two days it was gone. And it stays in your system for 7 days so it helps prevent the infection from coming back. Works wonders! Thanks Diflucan! My most recent infection though, did require two doses of diflucan. FYI. :)"

lovelypink April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the 150mg and within 24 hrs I felt way better . Didn't have to use the creams or anything."

Tina765 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear."

happylupie (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For years I was prescribed Diflucan for frequent recurring yeast infections, it did relieve my symptoms, but the infection would come back. I started doing my own research and found that some woman are sensitive to soaps, body washes, shave creams, etc and that those can cause problems with your ph balance and cause some women to have frequent infections. I started using Vagisal ph Balance wash. This product has changed my life! In the last 5 years since using this product I have maybe had 3-4 starts to yeast infection and mostly caused by antibiotics. If I feel like I am starting to get a yeast infection (which is rare now) I start taking RepHresh Pro-B (probiotic feminine supplement) and that will help take care of the infection."

Crystalball08 March 12, 2017