User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

Tinea Versicolor 4 reviews 97 medications

5.8
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 245 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 22 and have always been prone to yeast infections. I can always tell when one is coming on because it gets swollen and sore to sit/walk/wipe. My doctor always calls me in a prescription of this and it does the trick every time. It usually takes 1-2 days for me to feel 100% back to normal, and I always take the second pill on the 3rd day. As for side effects, the first few hours after taking it, I usually get shaky, have a little bit of diarrhea, and have a weird "head high" type of feeling. It subsides after a little bit and doesn't last too long. I have to say that with how painful my yeast infections can get, the side effects are worth it for a few hours. I absolutely love this medicine!"

Ashhrenee13 April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got my first yeast on Sunday, I've tried topical medicine to get rid the itchi but still not work, then I search more about fungus medicine, I went to pharmacy then the pharmacist told me to use Diflucan, I tried on Thursday 10 pm and I feel better on Monday... wish that it will be gone on the 7 days treatment which is next thursday :)"

greatberry April 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am very prone to yeast infections, I believe it's due to my birth control as well as having unprotected sex. Fluconazole has always cleared up my yeast infections with 2 doses. No side effects."

liopa626 (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG!!!! Help! Yeast infections come and go. I've been tested for absolutely everything and no answers . Fluconazole sux! Otc meds suck! I'm like at the end of my ropes with this "

KareeBee April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This rubbish doesn't work. Doc put me on diflucan once a week for 12 weeks, then blood draw to check my liver, then another 12 weeks... yeast infections always come back. I need relief and 5 docs have only prescribed me this stuff. I guess I'll go back to yogurt suppositories:( OTC makes them worse, too:("

Screamingvag (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection. I took the 150mg Diflucan yesterday at lunch. I have no smell or itching as of this morning. It works fast BUT the side effects hit me hard. I have had stomach pains on & off all night and my heart rate has went up 3 times and stays up for around 30 minutes each time since yesterday evening. No rashes though. If you can deal with the side effects, I'd say it is an effective medicine that works fairly quick."

Anonymous April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've been taking them for over a week now and my symptoms have just stayed the same and there more discharge then b4 is this meant to happen"

Girl with problems (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am very prone to yeast infections. Especially while on birth control, for the most part really good probiotics clear it right up but I had slight symptoms of a yeast infection for the past week and the probiotics aren't doing the trick so I had a diflucan lying around from when I was on a zpak. Decided to just take it and see if it would help. I'm having an awful reaction my vagina is 100 times itchier. Don't take it. Go out and buy a great probiotic, so much better and all natural. I'm regretting taking it. :("

Anonymous April 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I always get yeast infections. Especially after I finish a round of antibiotics for an ear infection or whatever it may be. Before I always tried using creams and it would take days to clear out. Sometime it wouldn't clear and I would have to go to the doctor and get another cream. Such a headache. I finally got a great Gyno, who prescribed this to me, and I thought, hmm a pill? Thats odd. Took the pill that morning, by night time, I was feeling much better, and the next day the discharge was way way less. By two days it was gone. And it stays in your system for 7 days so it helps prevent the infection from coming back. Works wonders! Thanks Diflucan! My most recent infection though, did require two doses of diflucan. FYI. :)"

lovelypink April 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the 150mg and within 24 hrs I felt way better . Didn't have to use the creams or anything."

Tina765 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear."

happylupie (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For years I was prescribed Diflucan for frequent recurring yeast infections, it did relieve my symptoms, but the infection would come back. I started doing my own research and found that some woman are sensitive to soaps, body washes, shave creams, etc and that those can cause problems with your ph balance and cause some women to have frequent infections. I started using Vagisal ph Balance wash. This product has changed my life! In the last 5 years since using this product I have maybe had 3-4 starts to yeast infection and mostly caused by antibiotics. If I feel like I am starting to get a yeast infection (which is rare now) I start taking RepHresh Pro-B (probiotic feminine supplement) and that will help take care of the infection."

Crystalball08 March 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a yeast infection Friday I went to the doc on Monday which he prescribed fluconazole and canesteen cream when I took fluconazole 150 mg the Monday night the next morning a woke up with green discharge that smelled funny I began to get worried but I continue to watch it during the day the discharge wasn't green any more but it was brownish an thick it looked more like whipped cream and it felt plasticy to me then by the end of the day my discharge was white and look like the typical vagina yeast infection as the days go by the discharge was less and the smell disappeared. I don't know if that's how to pill work to get rid of the yeast but that was how my body reacted to it my yeast infection is now completely gone"

Pretty pretty March 2, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been prone to getting yeast infections... I get rid of them then they seem to come back in no time. Anyways I decided to give this stuff a try because you can use it at anytime of the day (many other products you can only use at nighttime) I used it in the middle of the day and all of my symptoms were gone the next day... it took about 24 hours but it seemed my yeast infection was completely cured. I know it takes longer for it to be completely out of your system but all of the symptoms were gone and I no longer felt like a had a yeast infection. I am not sure if it was just the diflucan that got rid of it, as I decided to take a double dose of probiotic the same day, but whatever it was seemed to work."

Sam33093 February 16, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "When I get a yeast infection, I usually turn to Monistat 1. This time I was on penicillin for illnesses and the doctor told me to give her a ring if I developed a yeast infection. Sure enough, I did. I took the prescription because I figured it'd knock it out better than any OTC. First dose...no change in symptoms after 3 days. Second dose...no change again. I read that symptoms should start to go away after 1-2 days. So, after a week of battling yeast on diflucan, I bought Monistat 1. After insertion of the egg, it was painfully obvious that the pill did nothing as I could feel the itching burn of the egg working. Well, here it is a day after Monistat...feel soooo much better!!! I guess prescription isn't always better."

Itchyburn February 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get yeast infections all the time & all I get prescribed is Diflucan. No one listens to me that this doesn't work for me. Last Dr. at least tried giving me 3 Diflucan pills & take 1 every 3 days. Still didn't work. Don't know what else to do."

Lavenderangel February 13, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my first experience with this medication I've taken 2 pills. One yesterday one today, the only side effect I've experienced is diarrhea. I'm still itchy, no discharge or smell.. very uncomfortable. 3-7 days 2nd infection ever and this is by far the worst feeling ever."

Anonymous.406 February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have taken this medication before, so not sure if something with my body chemistry changed or this medication composition has changed. My experience was a severe allergic reaction causing swelling to my face and lips, with blistering and sores inside my mouth that were extremely painful. I was given a steroid shot and high dosages of prednisone. On day 5 the swelling has just started to go down, but the sores inside my mouth and the scabs on my lips are horrible. I will not take this medication again."

Severe swelling and blisters (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Over the counter (monostat and generics) make my symptoms 10X worse and do nothing for me. Fluconozole takes care of it every time, with ZERO side affects for me. If I take it on an empty stomach symptoms significantly reduce within an hour. I always do a 2nd dose three days later even if it appears to be gone to be extra sure. For ladies wanting to go a natural route that is also VERY effective is tea tree oil suppositories. They are just messier and you will smell like tea tree oil a little :) bit I don't mind the smell. I always keep that on hand as well. You can find those for good prices on Amazon. They are also just good to do like once a week or whenever for maintenance if you suffer chronic infections"

Anonomous AP January 22, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was given the pill and symptoms were gone in 24 hours but 2 days later it came back. I'm pretty upset. Now I'm gonna have to go back to the doctors just to get another medication or higher dosage. the only side effect I had was diarrhea"

woopsssss (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got one Diflucan pill to take which I thought at first was a waste of money, but it works GREAT. The discharge and smell changed after 1 day! There were no side effects, no headaches, nausea, pain, etc. Highly recommend!"

Lilypad97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Terrible experience w/ 150 mg dose: hot/flushed red face, swollen tongue/mouth, strong metallic taste, incredible weakness, yellow skin, & just feel terrible. Then I cut the dosage to 100 mg & was fine. Splitting a 150 mg pill into 2 doses taken 2 days apart caused same terrible side effects as before. 50 mg dose was simply ineffective. I saw a review from a woman who was given 1,000 mg over 2 days (that's way too much!) & ended up with way worse side effects including vomiting. If you have side effects, I encourage you to scale back & find the right dose: you will be glad you did! It is much more effective & convenient than the creams and suppositories, zero burning & zero mess!"

rava143 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was prescribed fluconazole for the first time for a mild yeast infection. Although I read the side effects of nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, I had no idea that this one pill would make me so violently ill. I had severe stomach pain that was so bad I was unable to sleep and do normal routines. If I had any idea that this one pill would cause so much pain I would not have taken it. I am very angry with my ob for prescribing it and not telling me the severe side effects when there are other cream medications on the market. The severe side effect outweighs any benefit of the pill in curing a yeast infection. I am still sick from this pill and have no intention of taking another pill, clearly it was prescribed because of the low cost"

Anonymous January 14, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Great medicine if taken at the very first sign of a vaginal yeast infection. It's normal for me to get one when finishing a round of antibiotics. If taken on the third or second to last day of treatment, fluconazole effectively treats any potential yeast infection well before symptoms manifest. No need to endure the burning or discomfort. Wont help the discomfort in established yeast infections, but relief normally will kick in in about 24 to 48 hours in my experience. Excellent drug to quickly and easily treat yeast infections with out the mess of cream suppositories."

Ebz (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Unfortunately since being on contraceptive I have got a lot of a thrush and yeast infections. For me, creams don't work, and pessaries can leave me feeling quite painful. But the fluconazole tablet has always worked for me! No side effects and usually I will see the difference within a few hours and it's completely gone within a day or two. Brilliant stuff."

Lauramoonshine December 28, 2016