User Reviews for Fluconazole

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.9 370 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

Ethi July 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my second time taking Diflucan. I had an allergic reaction to medication. My reaction was not listed as their side effects. I instantly started having stinging in my lips. Later that day my lips were swollen. My tonsils started to get sore. My vagina is swollen, extreme itching, and painful. It made me develop hemorrhoids. It has been two days and my symptoms are worse. I am athletic and drink a lot of water. I should’ve never developed hemorrhoids. The itching is unbearable. I am now using otc creams for the discomfort. I’ve had STD testing for HIV, Gonorrhea, Chylmidia, RPR, and HSV. Everything was negative. Be cautious of this medication."

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been battling yeast infection for years. I went to my Gynae last year and he prescribed antibiotics and some drugs I could not remember, the yeast got WORSE after I took these medication. I continued with my symptoms until 3 June 2019, went to a different gynae who prescribed me Fluconazole, another drug and antibotics, I decided not to take antibiotics but took Fluconazole and the other drug, went to bed and woke up next morning CURED. It's been a few weeks and I feel amazing and like a new person. I highly recommend Fluconazole for yeast infection."

Iiz July 12, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This pill don’t work at all!! I took 2 of them for yeast infection and 3 days later I still fill the same but taking to many antibiotics can ruin you pH balance and cause the UTI or yeast infection so I recommend the flucon"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’ve taken this once before and the next day I was cured. This time I took it, the next day my infection was itchier and had more discharge "

PLG · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I suffer from a rare skin condition called Hailey-Hailey Disease that often is accompanied by a yeast infection on various sweaty body areas. Took fluconazole yesterday when I couldn't stand the symptoms. Topicals weren't working. Wow! So much better. So I'll tolerate the flu like side affects. They appeared last time as well."

Bell July 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My Dr prescribed me this and did not work. Itchiness went away for a while but came back I took this pill at least 4 times and the itchiness would go away but discharge would still happen. My Dr was being rude and wouldn't give me a better medicine or something else since it wasn't working. So I'm still stuck with this situation and my Dr won't do nothing about it I'm probably going to find something over the counter and hope that it works."

RL · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Tinea Versicolor: "I was prescribed fluconazole for a skin rash caused by yeast. Instructed to take two 150mg pills at the same time and if the rash doesn’t clear take same dose a week later. Well I did and had the worst reaction! Dizziness, diarrhea, dry mouth with an odd taste, racing heart, sweating/chills - I think I had an all night anxiety attack. I’ve taken this med before will very little side effects so I’m not sure what happened. It sounds like my experience is not uncommon. And my rash is still there..."

Oh So That’s What That Is June 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’ve had bacterial vaginosis 3 times so when I headed into the gyno with a sore vagina, we both assumed my sensitive inner pH meant BV again. She started me on a hefty antibiotic suppository and my itching became unbearable. 5 days later when I couldn’t sit down due to the burning, she let me know my test results had just came in. Apparently we’d been treating a yeast infection with an antibiotic medication that typically causes yeast infections, making it into Godzilla of Yeast. She prescribed two 150 mg pills to be taken 2 days apart. Never having a yeast infection before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Within a few hours of the first pill, the itching was almost gone. What I wasn’t prepared for is the next morning finding a shocking amount of the watery cottage cheese discharge everyone describes which I hadn’t had before. I hope/assume that means it’s working and the yeast is being expelled as it dies(?) I had no side effects, am symptom free and thrilled today."

Bre June 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I originally had a UTI and was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. About two days later I started itching and the doctor prescribed me this drug. I kid you not I was sooooooooo dizzy I thought I was going to fall over. It didn't matter if I was standing up or sitting down. The dizziness was freaking horrible. Oh, I only had one dose of it and I'm still itching like crazy"

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Fluconazole worked the first time I used it, but my infection came back weeks later. My doctor prescribed it to me again and it was not effective, so she increased the dose, and it did not work either but she just kept increasing the dose, it was pointless."

Emm · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This drug landed me in the ER with with a low temperature of 97 F, racing and pounding heart, chills, dizziness and weakness, yet very high blood pressure. It took them a few hours to stabilize me. This drug shouldn’t be on the market!"

Ma ma June 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Best meds for yeast infection"

Amylouhoo · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Awful! I was so dizzy even sitting down. My body dried out.. hands, feet face. My hands cracked open. 2 days after taking my throat felt funny and the entire inside of my mouth had white stuff all over. I can't say it works because the doctor diagnosed my with yeast and it wasn't I actually had an abscess and switched to bactrim. But I know I will never touch that stuff again."

ItchyKitty · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The BEST treatment for simple yeast infection. One pill, and symptoms are gone in 2 days or less. I have never experienced any side effects at all from this medication, and I am so thankful there is such a simple solution for clearing up a yeast infection. The creams they sell at drug stores don’t seem to do a lot for me and they are messy and expensive."

B · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had my yearly pap smear which was abnormal. My doc saw me again in 6 months and told me that I had a mild yeast infection ( no symptoms @ this point) she prescribed 150 mg of Diflucan weekly for a month..."

Rave · Taken for less than 1 month June 4, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: " it needs to be stronger I have taken it before I'm constantly getting infection and it helps but it takes more than a day I took mine today and nothing "

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I was put on Fluconazole for a pretty bad vaginal yeast infection. I had a mild one in the past and had taken the one time fluconazole pill and had zero side effects. This time I had to take one pill 150 mg initially then one more 3 days later. After I took the first pill I only had mild stomach pain, which wasn’t a big deal. I started getting chills night 2 of being on it and just felt unwell. I was extremely tired all the time. couple hours after taking the second pill, I felt horrible. Pale, dizzy, tired, chills, feverish, numbness in my cheeks, hands and feet. Diarrhea, bad taste in my mouth, and a headache that came and went. I contemplated going to the ER. The yeast infection is gone so the medicine works, but the side effects were too severe and scary. I can’t wait until this poison wears off in a few days. It you have a yeast infection I would try Monistat and stay away from this."

JC · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Last week (5/14/2019) I started experiencing vaginal redness and itching. Luckily I was scheduled the next day for my annual pap and my doctor said it looked like I was starting a yeast infection. She prescribed for me 2 150 mg Fluconazole tablets. I was to take one, then another one in 3 days. I took the first one Wednesday night and by the next morning I had felt about 80% relief of my symptoms. By Friday I felt back to normal. I did take the second dose on Saturday as instructed. Luckily I have not experienced any side effects from this drug. This was the 2nd time in about 6 years I've had a yeast infection and I had also taken the same drug on my last infection with no issues at all."

Whyme May 18, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I only get yeast infections if I have had to take antibiotics for a long period of time. I was on antibiotics for a while because of tooth pain then fever, and going overseas. I was a mess. Anyways, after stopping antibiotics for about three weeks or so I randomly developed a yeast infection. I noticed it at at 3:00 am a couple days ago when I went to go use the bathroom, at first my whole body was itching and then my lady parts. My mom gave me fluconazole and after a couple of hours I felt a little bit better, not as itchy but definitely soreness and burning. However, the following morning it came back and I promptly made an appointment with my doctor and she prescribed me the same thing 150 mg and some cream. It has been 8 hours since I took fluconazole and nothing. I am still really itchy and praying for a miracle. Also, I didn’t have any weird symptoms everyone keeps mentioning about diarrhea and what not."

FDE May 14, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took Diflucan last year and my vaginal yeast infection cleared up in a day, no allergic reactions. I recently needed to take it again earlier this year and my upper lip became swollen with a tiny sore/blister on the underside of my lip. The right of my face was also slightly swollen and numb. The pharmacist didn’t think it was related to Diflucan because I hadn’t had a reaction before. Well, was she wrong! I had to take it again a couple of days ago and the exact allergic reaction returned (which I realise is most likely a Fixed Drug Eruption). This time, my upper lip is much worse with a sore in the same spot and it’s taking longer to disappear. Both times I’ve been taking antihistamine to help. If you experience an allergic reaction after taking Diflucan, think very carefully about taking it again."

Anonymous May 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking fluconazole for a YI (vaginal) I became sick for about 36 hrs with diarrhea and it continued each day for 3-4 days. Not worth it and I'll do probiotics or something else next time to reduce the side effect."

Anonymous May 2, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medication is harsh but it is effective. I got a very severe yeast infection from heavy dose of amoxicillin (from tooth infection), although I had probiotics in between and after, I still got one. So, first I cured it with creams, it went away, then came back more aggressive. This time the yeast affected my GI tracy, I developed a bit of oral thrush on the tongue, then rectal itching, itchy eyes, and mucus coming out from my nose and throat as well as inconsistent bowel movements, I was overall sick of too much yeast. I called my doc and he prescribed fluconazole, to be taken for 10 days, 100mg per day. I got severe diarrhoea, 1st 3 days but it is good cuz the yeast is coming out from your gut, then you get super sick, (flu symptoms, fever, joint pain, stomach pain, etc.) and you need to drink lots of water, and herbal teas to detox from it otherwise your liver and kidneys will suffer. After all, this med cured me and put me on my feet again cause I was super sick after antibiotics."

Fuzz · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "As a medication fluconazole works very well and fast. I have reoccurring thrush related to hormone changes from my period. So every month just before my period I was getting thrush. But with the first dose of meds, a pill every 3 days then one pill weekly it was all cleared up and gone. But by week 2 of the pill I have horrible side effects that are still going on. I took the last pill 5 days ago ( total of 5 pills now) my vagina is numb. I can't feel any sexual pleasure or orgasm. 3 days after taking the pills I have massive watery discharge and have headaches and what feels like shortness of breath, fast chest and twitching eyes. I think the meds are very strong and stay in your system a long time. I won't be finishing the course which is a weekly pill for 6 months. It's too strong and they're making me unwell. Can't wait for them to leave my system."

Sara April 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I had a pretty bad yeast infection. I was itchy and my lady bits were bright red. I mean, it REALLY itchy and had pain. Only time I couldn't feel the symptoms was if I was laying in bed. I took fluconazole on a Saturday afternoon. Upon waking next morning, my symptoms seemed to be cut in half, still irritated though, itchy, and uncomfortable. Each day after, symptoms seem to be cut in half again. Tuesday I was feeling much better and it is now Wednesday and I feel great. This definitely worked for me. So glad I didn't have to take Monistat since that burns my insides! Those who are experiencing side effects, I can only guess with fluconazaole you do not actually have a yeast infection and the pill is trying to fight something that isn't there. Probably a different issue, maybe bacterial? This pill definitely worked for me and I am HAPPY and back to feeling like my normal self again."

mmarple · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The medicine (fluconazole) worked as prescribed for thrush. No allergic reaction, no anxiety attack, no tingling or burning sensations. I would highly recommended taking this product."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)