User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

Candida Urinary Tract Infection 4 reviews 8 medications

Tinea Versicolor 3 reviews 97 medications

Summary of Fluconazole reviews 202 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the hospital because I had burning irritation and redness I was in alot of pain for 2 days the Dr. Said the antibiotics I was on gave me a yeast infection they had me take two pills at the hospital it is now the next day and my symptoms have definitely simmered down I still have irritation urinating and I lil discomfort in general but I can tell it working phew thank goodness this was my first yeast infection ever and I hope it will be the last"

Anonymous September 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I take this medication regularly for chronic yeast infections. I have a bad immune system as well as a stomach disorder. I never have any noticeable side effects. The first 12 or so hours are the worst while the yeast is being killed off. The itching gets extreme and I make sure I have nothing planned that day. Within 24hra the symptoms are minimal and I feel almost normal. It's my go to."

KitKat83 September 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill a few times in the past couple years and it worked every time. My only side effect was nausea so I took a nap during that. My insurance paid for most it I only paid $3.00. Compare $3.00 to Ministat 7 for about $20. I love this pill!!!"

Jennydzied September 10, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "was experiencing extreme and intense itching for almost a week straight. my period came and I was fine after. I still went to the gyno and she said there was still a little discharge so she tested it. didn't get a call back but magically there was a prescription ready for my at my local pharmacy. I took one pill and literally the next day the intense itching was back! it's unbearable I super can't live like this. "

Itchanna :( September 5, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had a very mild infection for about a week (caused by antibiotics) that suddenly erupted into the most agonizing experience I've ever had. Severe itching and burning, red bumps all over the place. I tried treating it with OTC medicine (Monistat as well as generic miconazole nitrate) which helped with the itching but did nothing for the rash. Finally got ahold of my doctor, she called in a diflucan prescription which I took yesterday on my lunch break at work (with a meal). By the time I was leaving I felt like a new person. No itching, no burning, just relief. Haven't experienced any side effects since then and feel completely better."

21f (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "Took 1 pill (150mg) and a few days later got terrible abdominal pain, testicular pain, headache and dizziness. 3 weeks later, I still have dizziness and minor testicular pain and swelling. The side effects are worse than the original symptoms. I would avoid this drug. It should not be over the counter and should be prescription only."

endezeichengrimm (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've been prescribed the flucinazole on 3 separate occasions over the past year. More recently, I was also prescribed oral Metronidazole twice a day for 7 days and told to take diflucan over the same period every 3 days. Well I developed a super itchy rash all over my arms which spread to my trunk and legs the more I kept taking the Metronidazole. I went urgent care and was told to stop the Metronidazole and given a shot to help with the rash. It went down almost immediately. Since they didn't say to stop the Fluconzaole I took my next dose and low and behold I'm an itchy mess again. I realized that although to a lesser degree this rash has been present the other times I've taken it also but mainly on my legs."

Gleny (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "had sex friday night, went to work and used the bathroom and wiped with cheap tissue when i got home i started itching and burning it was so bad and unbearable good thing i had an appt yesterday for bp check up while i was there i told my doc my symtoms and she prescribed me flucanazole i took it yesterday around 7 and today around 7 i notice its starting to work im not itching or burning plus its pushing all the infection out every time i go pee mount and mounts of discharge is coming out plus i have to keep a pantyliner on bc it makes you leak that 150mg did the trick for me all im drinking is water and cranberry juice to help clean me out every med dont do the same for everyone but its fine for me hopefully i dont experience this again!!"

taybaby (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Make sure you do NOT drink alcohol when taking this. It works well when my Doctor prescribes three (3) pills, to take every three days. That does the trick!"

nikgam5 July 27, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took 2 days for a normal pH"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is a wonder drug. The first time I had a yeast infection, it lasted for months, with unbearable itching, blisters and bleeding. Because there was no discharge, I didn't think it was a yeast infection, and because I had been previously diagnosed with lichen sclerosus, I thought this constant pain and misery was just how my life would always be from then on. When I went to see my gyn, she said it didn't look like a yeast infection, but said we should do a test anyway. Lo and behold, it was a YI. My doc gave me fluconazole, and one pill fixed everything. Since then, any time I get YI symptoms (unfortunately often because I have to take regular antibiotics) I take this, and it's always worked. It's also cheaper than OTC!"

JP Kraft (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "I get yeast infections often. Recently, I've experienced the hell that is thrush! I thought only little ones got this, but I was wrong. I tried the Rx mouth wash and there was little to no change. So I asked for a Diflucan pill because it's always worked on my vag yeast infections. What do ya' know, within 24 hours there is a marked difference, and my poor tongue is getting some relief. Great med, love the one dose system, and it works for me."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had minor itching and burning for a few weeks. Couldn't figure out if it was from soaking in the tub, drinking lemon juice daily or from doing perineal hair hygiene. Figured it was a yeast infection and finally say a small amount of thin white discharge. Desperately tried home remedies that worked before the discomfort returned. 4 weeks later took Diflucan 1-dose. Symptoms improved almost immediately bmbut never resolved. Ouch Ouch Ouch will call the doc tomorrow for treatment of this persistent infection."

Script.2nd July 11, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had terrible,recurrent thrush for about a year. My doctor isn't overly intersted,kept just giving me Canestan pessaroes and creams. I tried Fluconozole but it made my thursh even worse. I'm miserable with it. Trying diet,lifestyle and going back to the doctor. Here's hoping it clears up. Wish the same for everyone else struggling with it too."

Elle757 July 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It works for me every time when your diabetic it happens when sugars are to high sugars spill over into the bladder causing it but I have found fluconazole and a little help with Monistat cream or just walmart cream helps with the itchy feeling. it comes with a tube I just use that in the surface and does the job ."

Motherov3girls1 July 7, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the Dr for a yeast infection (my first) and was given this. It seemed to help yesterday after I took it but woke up this morning with worse itching and massive amounts of discharge. Really hoping this will look up soon since I'm a newlywed and have things to do!!!"

Chigal July 6, 2016

For Oral Thrush: "A few days after finishing a round of antibiotics (metronidazole) I started to get oral thrush. I took two rounds of nystatin (oral rinse) and still had the thrush. Doctor prescribed fluconazole (150mg for 7 days) - thrush responded very well but at the end of the duration it started to come back. Dr called in another prescription (150mg for 5 days) and so far my oral thrush is gone (I've been done with the prescription for 4 days). The only side effect I have noticed is a 'side stitch/pinch/ache' type feeling. It's mild but noticeable and started the day I took the fluconazole and continues today. I've read it can stay in your system for 7 days so hoping the pain goes away very soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I went to the clinic on Monday to get STD check because I was having discharge diagnosed me with a yeast infection they priscribed me the one time pill and I took it. Tuesday it started itching and creamy discharge and burning sensation (very uncomfortable) now it's wed and it seems to have gotten no better if anything worse because when I went to the clinic I wasn't having any of the symptoms I'm having now it sucks and is very discomforting especially when I'm at work .. I called my doc office to see if they can give me something else and figure out what's really going on. Ugh! I just want my vagina back to normal"

Loveland23 June 16, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was diagnosed with a Yeast Infection for the first time yesterday morning after 2 days of discomfort. My vulva was swollen, sore & itchy & my vagina was extremely sore & it burned slightly. After I saw cottage cheese-like discharge in my underwear on yesterday morning I decided it was time to take action & I went to my doctor. I was given one pill (150 Mmg dose of Diflucan) by my doctor. I took the pill at around 10:30am & later on last night I began to feel relief! This morning around 7am I woke up feeling almost 100% relieved!! Not even a full 24 hours & this medicine gave me relief! I can still feel slight itching a little bit throughout my day, but I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be back to normal & yeast infection free by Tuesday!"

Juju61406 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was experiencing discharge, itching and swelling for approximately 2 weeks and used OTC Monistat suppositories, to no avail. I went to GYN for annual physical yesterday and mentioned symptoms. She prescribed Diflucan 150mg tablet (1) and I took it on an empty stomach. Within a couple of hours symptoms ceased and today I feel so much better without discharge or itching. Best thing for me!!!!"

Sexytwin (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Awesome medication. I got a really bad yeast infection that kept coming back after two Z-packs. I took three, three days apart and it completely got rid of it. The inflammation lingered for a bit because the tissue was damaged, which is apparently normal according to WebMD and my doctor. Once I got an upset stomach from taking it, but that could have easily been avoided if I ate something with it."

Anne-H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Amazing!!"

Uy May 31, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a severe yeast infection. My labia were inflamed and over enlarged with a hard texture. My vulva was extremely itchy and my doctor prescribed oral fluconazole 150, 2 tablets. The first dose was enough to completely calm down the whole infection. I noticed some changes with in 4 hours of taking it. The next day there was a white debris in my vulva which was evidence of the yeast being killed off. I still had another dose left over and noticed great changes with just one dose."

Annie Yeasty (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "so i took this sat. had to wait 5 days fpr second dose. during the 5 days symptoms were mild. irritated more when i peed and wiped. today is 5th day i took the 2nd pill this morn.. all symptoms cleared.. "

im ready to have sex again lol (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016