User Reviews for Fluconazole systemic

Fungal Pneumonia

1 review 2 medications
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 7.1 332 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I suffer from reoccurring yeast infections. 1 every few months...more often in the summer. The OTC creams do not work. Diflucan has been a life saver...up until recently. I noticed they have changed the pill - visually at least. Since the change I have needed 2 or 3 doses for it to be effective. The one that comes in a blister pack seems to work much better than the multi dose that comes in a pill bottle. Anyway, when it works I usually see improvement hours after taking the pill and am totally clear by day 2."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Well I figure out I had a yeast infection because I felt very uncomfortable . Two days later I’m like I feel irritated not burning but something ain’t right and I went to my doctor she did a check up and told me she didn’t see any lesions so I was good and I just had a yeast infection so she prescribe the pill at 150 mg. Boy the next 24 hours was the longest and this why it isn’t ten stars. When about 18 hours hit you will feel pain in your vagina - like okay I think the medicine is doing it job - but boy it hurt and then I went back to sleep woke up and my vagina went back to normal after a day !!!"

Idkwattoput (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The itching stopped within 3 hours, only because of the explosive diarrhea!! Holy smokes! Yeast infection is gone though."

ImOk (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I recently was on antibiotics and I believe it gave me a yeast infection. I’ve taken one diflican on the first day off of antibiotics and three days later but I still have the symptoms. It can’t be anything else because I was tested for everything when I got on the antibiotics. I’m at wits end at this point!"

Nicole (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It got rid of the yeast infection going on. I just had the one time dose. But the diarrhea that I have is horrible. It happened to me the second and third day. Almost like a stomach bug."

Saywhat205 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this medication to treat a severe yeast infection. I used the two-day pill treatment. My doctor said to take the first one and then if my symptoms did not completely disappear after 3 days to take the second one. Took pill one and noticed my symptoms got worse. I took the second one with no luck either. My doctor then prescribed me the 7 day treatment following the two day. My symptoms got slightly better but have not gone away completely. Intercourse is too painful to do anymore and I still get inchiness, dryness, and abnormal discharge. This is extremely frustrating. Still looking for a cure :("

Jo (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had 3 back to back yeast infections. The first one I treated myself with 7 day cream. The second one my doctor saw during my annual pap. I told her I thought I had one and she said she thought I was correct. She tested me for other infections, but it was in fact yeast. So she prescribed Diflucan and gave me 2 pills. I took one that day and one 3 days later. I started noticing an improvement within 24 hours. Let me say that the burning and itching from the yeast infections were SO SEVERE. I even questioned my 10 year partner about his fidelity because I wondered if I had somehow contracted an STI. (Not to his face) I'm not proud of that. It wasn't long, about a month later and I got ANOTHER yeast infection and this one, the burning was even worse. I emailed my doctor and she sent a prescription in to the pharmacy. The Diflucan worked the same started working in about 24 hours."

Georgia October 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First make sure you are being diagnosed with a yeast infection via a swab just in case it is bacterial! If that is positive for yeast, your doctor will recommend dosage and frequency, sometimes you could have outer discomfort associated and may use the external yeast cream that comes in the yeast infection otc box at the same time you’re taking the pill. Use it for at least 7 days (the external cream) no matter how many days worth of diflucan. If you are getting external symptoms, may be due to too much external cream or if you are using only pill, may be due to another infection you may have. Important to have a swab done. Probiotics aren’t necessarily the best. I recommend concentrated dose of chamomile, garlic, low to no sugar, greens, and possibly tea tree, or boric acid suppository. ( make sure it is administered correctly). Too much of one probiotic could be harmful if your body already has an abundance of one. Try other remedies. Hope this helps!"

Lizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Tried several times the pill never works. My best bet is monistat 7 day."

Scottwaters (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medication never works for me & has bad side effects!"

FunGirl September 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Woke up with worst yeast infection in years! Red inner labia, thick white chunky discharge, itching. Miserable! Took diflucan at 12pm. By 9pm most of the discharge was gone. Still being inflicted with itching torture but I am hopeful for full relief by tomorrow. I’ve had no ill side effects from this drug."

Yeast Beast (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "I was prescribed just 2 pills after getting antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection “just in case.” They were to be taken 7 days apart. The morning after taking 1 I had nearly all the side effects mentioned for this drug. I didn’t read the side effects beforehand and psych myself out. I just wondered why my stomach was so bloated, painful miserable gas, constant BM, 0 appetite and worsts of all I had shortness of breath! Then, 24 hrs later, I remembered I had taken this the night before and looked up negative side effects. I will not be taking the other pill! If I ever get a true yeast infection, I will use the 1 day ovule that has no side effects! Can’t wait til this leaves my system which says it stay in your system for several days :("

K8s1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medicine works wonders, I took this pill around 9 am in the morning, it started working within a few hours...by 4 pm that evening my symptoms were drastically improved. Whoever says this medicine doesn’t work must might have a really bad yeast infection or maybe something else because it surely worked well for me. It gets a 10 in my book!"

T September 12, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Diflucan always works for me and it works a lot faster than having to use vaginal inserts for days. I'm grateful that such a little pill is so effective."

Barbie September 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took prescribed Fluconazole 150 once a week for 4 weeks to treat yeast infection, first two weeks was horrible it made my symptoms of which I only had one (itching) was worse and the doctor did a pap and found the yeast much worse caused burning, irritated vulva and labia, redness and itching intensified after the first and second dose. The third pill on the third week did better but nausea was horrible and gave me a shaky feeling (could of been my anxiety) fourth and final week took the pill Monday was dizzy and felt out of space within 30 minutes of the pill, had stomach pain and loss of appetite went to bed woke up the next morning my body felt like I was hit with the flu without the fever now on day 3 of the last dose nausea comes and goes and the shaky feeling comes and goes I’m just hoping this medication gets out of my system soon so I can be back to normal but as far as the yeast infection goes I feel much better after taking third dose and added probiotics and plenty of water"

Uncomfortable September 7, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the third time I am having yeast infection this year! They are so annoying! It all started after taking heavy doses of antibiotics thrice (the last one in April) but still the infection came back again in September. First two times were okay with canestan and the symptoms were gone in 7 days but this time it is damn red and itchy! Looks like a bad form. I was prescribed one dose of Diflucan and today is the 2nd day. I felt it has made me itchier and my periods are also due anytime. I hope it gets better by tomorrow (not seeing much difference though, in two days, only the discharge went away). Side effects are there like diarrhea, stomach pain, and lightheadedness but they are mild and manageable thankfully."

vagonfire September 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After taking fluconazole I saw improvements right away. Didn't clear all the way until the third day."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Tinea Versicolor: "Had toenail rot and hives on neck and back for 30 years Diflucan worked for both. I must have had a fungal infection on my neck and back that I was allergic to. Now the fungal infection is gone the hives have gone!"

Ed August 30, 2018

For Fungal Infections: "Yes ... men get yeast infections too , from their partner who also had one while being intimate . So I get one and my partner got 2 of the pills and within 2 hrs I saw a difference it's been 2 days and it's just about fully gone . I didn't experience any side effects from the pill , I took it without food . It says is an easy pill to take "

Dave (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Tinea Corporis: "Have taken brand name Diflucan for fungal skin rash that I got ten years ago and I have been took it for ten days and it worked like a dream. No side effects and rash cleared easily. Now I have the same rash again and have been given a generic fluconazole from India, Eradicom. Have read so many terrible reports of terrible experiences with Indian generic drugs and reports here of terrible side effects that I'm actually really scared to take it. I think I may be safer keeping the rash! I wish people would specify in their reviews whether they took a name-brand medicine or a generic because there are so many reports of counterfeit and harmful pills coming from generic manufacturers overseas. The side effects described in these reviews here ate scary and bizarre."

Mushroom (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

For Fungal Infection, Internal and Disseminated: "I am immunosuppressed and use this for a running battle with oral thrush, which tends to get systemic for me. I works great."

Captmick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This works amazing for me nothing clears it up faster than this. It's great for yeast infections."

Anonymous August 15, 2018

For Fungal Infection Prophylaxis: "very helpful"

Anonymous August 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "For the first time two treatments of OTC cream didn't work, but within a couple of hours of taking this pill, I already felt a lot better. Thankful!"

Marg (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was prescribed Diflucan one tablet daily for 30 day's. My symptoms were itchiness at night time mostly for a long period of time before treatment. I had a cervical smear last April which came back unusual somehow? I was advised by post to return to gp for retest in 3 month's. (cells need to grow), Anyway didn't the GP phone me within 3 days of me receiving the letter. She advised me to pick up script at front desk and start on augmentin 625mg for 7 days and then take Diflucan 1 a day for 30 days. I have finished my prescribed meds and I have the same itchiness following Diflucan. What do I need to do now, my smear is not due for another while due to antibiotic."

Toni.086 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018