User Reviews for Fluconazole

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Onychomycosis, Toenail.

Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

"I took a 6-month course of fluconazole beginning in the Fall of 2013 for a moderate, but long-term case of toenail fungus (both big toes). One nail is now clear and has reattached. The other is now worse and I just completed another 6-month course. Am hoping for resolution. I'm also using Penlac on it. Lamisil (oral) made me feel awful, or I would have used it instead."

radseg April 21, 2016

"While in Costa Rica an ichy skin condition that was developing for some time and which I did not know was fungus got worse. Went into a pharmacy and was recommended fluconizole. Within an hour the itchiness started to subside. By the next day there was visible improvement. By the end of the first week chronic Athlete's foot was mostly healed, as was jock itch. Got back to the states saw my doc, told him I wanted to continue with it to treat the nail fungus. He suggested a different drug. After a month I stopped seeing improvement. Switched back to fluconizole. 8 years later I have never gotten athletes foot again and I had it most of my life between two particular toes. It is as if I am permanently inoculated against fungus."

Esteve April 9, 2016

"Hi i just started 100 mg and I'd like to know how long did it take to clear infection is there anything else I can use in conjunction with this medicine , If anyone did and cleared there infection can they please let me know Thank you"

Bomass324 February 17, 2016

"They gave this to my child since he got 2 toenails infected with fungus. (I think he got it on vacation) anyways he was using this and it was working miracles so definitely push the Dr to give you this. Of course your liver has to be good."

Mother of a 4yr old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Diflucan (50 mg) is effective, fast, and I had no side effects."

Anonymous October 16, 2010

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I had terrible toenail fungus for many years. I participated in a double blind study of Diflucan for toenail fungus, and it was like a miracle. Month by month the fungus disappeared. Each month, I had blood work done. There was never a change in my liver function studies. It has been 10 years and the fungus has never reappeared."

mongasb April 14, 2009

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This takes 6+ months, but did clear up a decades long infection."

Mosoak May 3, 2008