User Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Candidemia

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Candidemia. 60% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 40% reported a negative effect.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

6.0/10 average rating

Compare all 24 medications used in the treatment of Candidemia.

JB · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2021

“As others have also previously reported here- I too, had used this medication prior with no reactions, however in 2020, I had an anaphylactic reaction to this medication that included hives all over torso, neck, swelling of throat- I had to self-admit to emergency & put on IV to get swelling down and reverse these severe reactions. Certainly NOT impressed that the company does NOT list these as possible side effects at all!!!!! They must've changed something in this medication to cause so many to react to it. DO NOT TAKE THIS!!”

Amy · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2019

“Do NOT take this medicine! I want to first start off by saying , this medicine fluconazole 150 mg 3 rounds is terrible! I had no idea I was having an allergic reaction to this medication I was prescribed this medicine and it did nothing to help my yeast infection!!!!!!! It caused the sides of my tongue to swell and caused it to burn and be very sore. I got checked twice for everything single STD!!!! All negative! It caused me to breakout in hives and still experiencing systems of allergic reaction including dry mouth and slightly swollen lump nodes under arms !!! The worst medication on the market ! The side effects of this medicine is not even listed ! I believe I’m going to sue the company for lack of knowledge of reactions ! Be very cautious of this medicine before taking ! Is absolute nightmare for me !!!!”

badriforget · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Helped a lot.”

blackrose1210 January 5, 2011

Diflucan (fluconazole): “I recently found out that I'm allergic to fluconazole. I have been taking this medication for years with no side effects but within the last year every time I take it my lip swells and feels like ants or needles are in it, then my lip will get like a cold sore on it and after it heals it remains black.”

brainhospice July 11, 2009

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Diflucan can change the serum level of Dilantin. In my father's case, it drove his Dilantin level to toxic levels within a matter of days (it reached 32; the normal threshold for seizure protection is a level between 10 and 20). His infectious disease specialist knew that he was on Dilantin (for a brain tumor) but did not warn us of a possible interaction. It took us a while to "even things out" afterward.”

drguen January 2, 2011

Diflucan (fluconazole): “I had a severe infection in my mouth, lips, corners of mouth, throat and this medication cleared it up in no time.”