User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 3)

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 462 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
Tinea Cruris  Off-label
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.4 462 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

Bostonian girl · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The past few days I've had this horrible yeast infection. Thankfully this pill exists because I wanted to cry earlier from being so uncomfortable. My doctor gave me this 1 pill and I felt relief within the first hour. I have no doubts that I'll be 100% within a day or two. Oh! And I didn't experience any side effects.”

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all.”

The Wine Lady · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 20, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “DO NOT DRINK if you take this medication. The alcohol makes it not work. I had no idea and I like my wine. A Dr friend of mine told me that alcohol could be affecting the drug. Anytime I have ever tried to drink and take this it doesn't work. If I don't drink at all when I take it.. It works like magic. If you have had a problem with it not working make sure you're not drinking. Even one drink has made it not work as well for me. It literally is a lifesaver.”

Sara April 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I had a pretty bad yeast infection. I was itchy and my lady bits were bright red. I mean, it REALLY itchy and had pain. Only time I couldn't feel the symptoms was if I was laying in bed. I took fluconazole on a Saturday afternoon. Upon waking next morning, my symptoms seemed to be cut in half, still irritated though, itchy, and uncomfortable. Each day after, symptoms seem to be cut in half again. Tuesday I was feeling much better and it is now Wednesday and I feel great. This definitely worked for me. So glad I didn't have to take Monistat since that burns my insides! Those who are experiencing side effects, I can only guess with fluconazaole you do not actually have a yeast infection and the pill is trying to fight something that isn't there. Probably a different issue, maybe bacterial? This pill definitely worked for me and I am HAPPY and back to feeling like my normal self again.”

Anonymous July 12, 2016

For Oral Thrush: “I get yeast infections often. Recently, I've experienced the hell that is thrush! I thought only little ones got this, but I was wrong. I tried the Rx mouth wash and there was little to no change. So I asked for a Diflucan pill because it's always worked on my vag yeast infections. What do ya' know, within 24 hours there is a marked difference, and my poor tongue is getting some relief. Great med, love the one dose system, and it works for me.”

Bre June 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I originally had a UTI and was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. About two days later I started itching and the doctor prescribed me this drug. I kid you not I was sooooooooo dizzy I thought I was going to fall over. It didn't matter if I was standing up or sitting down. The dizziness was freaking horrible. Oh, I only had one dose of it and I'm still itching like crazy”

taste loss · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was prescribed this medication after getting a yeast infection while treating a horrible UTI with antibiotics. I wanted to wait before treating it as I didn’t want to take this pill with my antibiotics and really mess up my stomach, but after two days I caved. I took this pill last night and this morning I already feel quite a bit better. The only side effect I’ve noticed, and a side effect I haven’t seen anyone mention, is an insane change in my sense of taste. I went for a sip of my coffee this morning and it tasted like I was chewing on raw grounds no matter how much I sweetened it. Then I got curious and started trying other things and they all tasted bitter and bland, tomatoes, milk, bread, etc. Other than a change in taste, I’ve had no other symptoms!”

Shaza · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After taking fluconazole for 4 months at varied strengths it was apparent it wasn’t working, the side effects are horrid and found even at 50mg I was still feeling extremely queasy on them. Also note they do contain lactose which can upset your digestive system if sensitive. Anyway after many trips to GP, gyne, gum clinic it was then decided to check the strain of yeast I had - turns out I don’t have the normal albicans but instead glabrata which is highly resistant to azole medications. So for anyone taking fluconazole and it’s not working det them to check the strain you have as maybe it’s just a resistant strain , 10 months on and only just able to get the medication needed to beat this beast ... nystatin .”

Jillybean2015 November 18, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “First off, I looked in here to see when it was best to take the pill. My doctor Always prescribes me one "Just in case" Whenever he give me antibiotics.... But the first thing i saw was how much people are spending on these.... There is an app called good Rx.com that I usually get coupons from for the more EXPENSIVE prescriptions BUT at ALL Walmart stores Diflucan is $4.00! PERIOD!!!!! SAME AS ANTIBIOTICS..... JUST TELL THEM DO NOT RUN YOUR INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS! :)”

Ethi July 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This is my second time taking Diflucan. I had an allergic reaction to medication. My reaction was not listed as their side effects. I instantly started having stinging in my lips. Later that day my lips were swollen. My tonsils started to get sore. My vagina is swollen, extreme itching, and painful. It made me develop hemorrhoids. It has been two days and my symptoms are worse. I am athletic and drink a lot of water. I should’ve never developed hemorrhoids. The itching is unbearable. I am now using otc creams for the discomfort. I’ve had STD testing for HIV, Gonorrhea, Chylmidia, RPR, and HSV. Everything was negative. Be cautious of this medication.”

catchingthelight December 2, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had my very first yeast infection from taking antibiotics to treat my first bladder infection (back to back pain and discomfort within a few days!) - I was so swollen and raw up there :( My doctor did a pelvic exam and told me to take the one dose fluconazole pill. Within 24 hours the terrible twinging I felt disappeared but the biggest reaction was (warning, totally gross) all of the yeast just tumbled out of me the following day when I went to the bathroom! The medicine just ejected all of the junk inside of me. I'm still on the mend (I took the pill yesterday afternoon) and there are some teeny twinges up there, but I'd say I am 80% healed. No side effects other than the healing. Hallelujah!”

Anonymous May 4, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon.”

CrystalMcFar31 · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Was prescribed this medication after BV treatment and next day lip was swollen & itching. Lip swelled to the point it was tight and shiny. Eating was unbearable. Woke up with a blister that has since popped and now I have open sore and scabs. I WILL NOT EVER TAKE THIS MEDICATION AGAIN!”

Anne-H · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Awesome medication. I got a really bad yeast infection that kept coming back after two Z-packs. I took three, three days apart and it completely got rid of it. The inflammation lingered for a bit because the tissue was damaged, which is apparently normal according to WebMD and my doctor. Once I got an upset stomach from taking it, but that could have easily been avoided if I ate something with it.”

Tara is not happy November 10, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took this pill on Friday it is now Sunday and I'm still having all symptoms. It has not done anything for me. I have another refill for it I will get today and if it does not help I will be going back to get something else. This is my first yeast infection and they are nasty little demons.”

jackieoooo · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Took the pill Tuesday night, felt somewhat relieved on Wednesday night but slight irritation and itch but no more discharge. I recommend you try to keep the area clean and dry. It really helps always towel dry after every shower with separate clean towel.”

Kiki · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Have taken sporadically for yeast infection. Seemed to work, but I broke out in hives. It took me a bit to figure it out because I’d take 1 pill maybe once a year. It didn’t register. Well, now I know! I took 1 pill in March, 1 pill in July & thought huh, I wonder if fluconazole. Took 1 pill yesterday and paid attention!!! Yep! Ugh! Hives and allergic reaction not on the list! I get hives, my knuckle swells on 1 finger and it is painful. It blisters & finally pops & heals on its own. Each time it is worse. Now my lips are swollen & hives on palms & on skin by thumb. My hands are so dry NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE THIS Fluconazole!!”

happylupie · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2017

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear.”

kiki January 24, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So after reading all of the reviews I was extremely hesitant on trying Fluconazole 150mg single dose medication for a yeast infection. I am absolutely terrified of throwing up, so the idea of being terribly nauseous on top of all of the horrible other side effects people said they experienced was not something I wanted to intentionally do to myself by taking this pill. But I took a leap of faith and finally convinced myself to take the Fluconazole, fully anticipating the worst. I took it with food, and about an hour later I noticed the slightest of headaches and a little bit of lightheadedness. That was the worst of it. I was able to go about the rest of my day forgetting that I even took the medication. I know everybody’s body reacts differently to meds, but thankfully I didn’t have any crazy side effects, and best of all it knocked the infection.”

Matty L. May 24, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I got this one oral pill 150 mg. prescribed by my OBGYN yesterday to treat my 1st time yeast infection. Dr. told me to wear 100% cotton underwear for 2 weeks. ALways drying the area well after shower with a clean dry towel, plus using hair dryer blew it dry (use regular air, not hot air). Then, applying baby diaper rash cream (like Desitin) all around that area on both side. Finally, taking a cup of yogurt everyday. I asked if I could take probiotic, she said it's fine. After taking the pill yesterday morning. Last night, I didn't wake up until 5:30 am. Late morning, there was still some itchiness, but not too severe. I hope it will get better tomorrow. So far, I haven't felt any side effects. Good luck, everyone!”

Pretty pretty March 2, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a yeast infection Friday I went to the doc on Monday which he prescribed fluconazole and canesteen cream when I took fluconazole 150 mg the Monday night the next morning a woke up with green discharge that smelled funny I began to get worried but I continue to watch it during the day the discharge wasn't green any more but it was brownish an thick it looked more like whipped cream and it felt plasticy to me then by the end of the day my discharge was white and look like the typical vagina yeast infection as the days go by the discharge was less and the smell disappeared. I don't know if that's how to pill work to get rid of the yeast but that was how my body reacted to it my yeast infection is now completely gone”

rockchick66 February 18, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I never had so many yeast infections as I have had in the past year. Was on long course of antibiotics. Just a warning in December thought I had yeast infection and it was terrible. By the time I got to doctor it was actually bacterial vaginosis. Had to take Flagyl. If you have an unusually severe yeast infection, get checked. However anytime I did use fluconazole it works great.”

Georgia October 13, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had 3 back to back yeast infections. The first one I treated myself with 7 day cream. The second one my doctor saw during my annual pap. I told her I thought I had one and she said she thought I was correct. She tested me for other infections, but it was in fact yeast. So she prescribed Diflucan and gave me 2 pills. I took one that day and one 3 days later. I started noticing an improvement within 24 hours. Let me say that the burning and itching from the yeast infections were SO SEVERE. I even questioned my 10 year partner about his fidelity because I wondered if I had somehow contracted an STI. (Not to his face) I'm not proud of that. It wasn't long, about a month later and I got ANOTHER yeast infection and this one, the burning was even worse. I emailed my doctor and she sent a prescription in to the pharmacy. The Diflucan worked the same started working in about 24 hours.”

JC · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Last week (5/14/2019) I started experiencing vaginal redness and itching. Luckily I was scheduled the next day for my annual pap and my doctor said it looked like I was starting a yeast infection. She prescribed for me 2 150 mg Fluconazole tablets. I was to take one, then another one in 3 days. I took the first one Wednesday night and by the next morning I had felt about 80% relief of my symptoms. By Friday I felt back to normal. I did take the second dose on Saturday as instructed. Luckily I have not experienced any side effects from this drug. This was the 2nd time in about 6 years I've had a yeast infection and I had also taken the same drug on my last infection with no issues at all.”

Jeans&Tee August 3, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took 4 pills, 150 mg, of this horrendous medication for yeast infection and thrush I got from another horrendous antibiotic Amoxicillin (stay away from that drug) and none of them worked. That said this med almost took me to ER. every pill I took, I thought I was dying, nausea accompanied by debilitating headache, chills, fatigue, muscle pain, sweaty; then all these symptoms are relieved by explosive diarrhoea & resume when you take the next pill. Maybe this drug works for others not for me. Now I take nystatin for my thrush along with probiotics and low carb/sugar diet. Also take pau d'arco tea, oregano oil, and grapefruit seed extract, these all work better than this horrible drug. These yeast infections are horrible and need to be cleansed from the intestines if you took antibiotics because fluconazole will do nothing for it (it is for systemic infections) and after a few months it will appear with revenge. Just do a research on Candida and you will be surprised!”