User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 4)

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 454 ratings on Drugs.com. 53% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Onychomycosis, Fingernail  Off-label 10.0
Fungal Pneumonia   4.5
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.4 454 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

Em · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Warning: Do not take if you have heart problems unless your doctor knows and you specifically asked about these problems. I took it and felt okay. About two hours after taking the medication I got dizzy, weak and had chest pains that changed with breathing. After about two more hours I started to feel better. After sleeping I now only have residual chest pain when I breathe. I have an irregular heart beat and a condition that makes the muscles in between my ribs spasm and cause chest pain similar to this. My doctor knows this and everywhere I look you’re not supposed to prescribe this to someone with heart beat problems.”

CrystalMcFar31 · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Was prescribed this medication after BV treatment and next day lip was swollen & itching. Lip swelled to the point it was tight and shiny. Eating was unbearable. Woke up with a blister that has since popped and now I have open sore and scabs. I WILL NOT EVER TAKE THIS MEDICATION AGAIN!”

Irritated · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Took fluconazole 150mg, then took another one 7 days after. Symptoms got better but the infection didn't go away at all. Still feel the itching and still see discharge 2 weeks after. I have to go see a doctor again for another way to get rid of yeast infection.”

Mrs f July 29, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had swabs taken, results were candida. I have thrush a lot as I take regular antibiotics, a trip to the chemist usually helps but this time I had to go see my doctor coz nothing was working. She gave me one tablet and within 4 hours I had excruciating pain in my tummy and hot sweats, quickly followed by the most horrendous explosive diarrhoea! It lasted about 30 minutes, I'm now knackered and need my bed (got a disabled son to look after though) Thrush symptoms feel better though. If you take this medication it will work but please, stay at home!”

B July 29, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “A few months ago I had a reaction to something unknown with swollen lips and sores. About a week ago, after taking this drug at 10:30 am, two hours later, my lips swelled badly and then broke out in blister like sores, both inside and outside my mouth. I am now trying to trace back a few months ago to see if I had also taken a pill then. After reading a few similar experiences, it is confirming my suspicions.”

NotHappy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am suffering from yeast infection for almost a year now!! I had so many Flucanazole treatments, other drugs, everything. Now I'm on 6 month treatment with flucanazole. I took first 3 pills, infection is still there. Am I going mental here? Literally don't know what to do and where to go.”

Crazyme · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took this medication last night 22nd of July 2019 cause I’ve been suffering from yeast infection for 3 months now and I really don’t know what to do. When I search in the internet Diflucan is best for this treatment. The next morning I am now relieved from itchiness I never thought it will go away. I have no side effects whatsoever. I recommend this meds for YI. FYI: This medicine is only one time dose.”

Prego Mom · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I've taken fluconazole before and never had a problem with it. Last year I took it and within 20 or so minutes have extreme uncontrollable itching in my entire bottom area. My doctor told me just to take benadryl and continue with another pill because my yeast infection hadn't gone away. The itching took almost three weeks and I ended up using a cream. Now I'm pregnant and miserable and was prescribed the pill again. Forgetting about the events of last year I took the pill to realize afterwards that I shouldn't have. (my doctor never added it to my list of allergies). Same issue. I'm already miserable from the pregnancy, now this.”

Loren · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2019

For Fungal Infections: “Single dose tablet. Got rid of my yeast infection. Quite nasty side effects, but over in a day for me. Side note: it is possible that vulvar irritation is not the result of a yeast infection - even tight leggings can cause the same discomfort for me as thrush, and it feels *exactly* the same as a yeast infection! Please get a diagnosis from a doctor before self medicating, I didn’t and suffered for weeks before solving the problem!!”

Jin Varel · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: “I was prescribed Fluconazole 150mg for a Candida Urinary Tract Infection and also Oral Thrush. It has caused terrible side effects such as chest pains, chest discomfort, panic attacks, anxiety, side pains (lower left above hip & upper right under rib), dizziness, lightheaded, pale skin (I look like a vampire), constant nausea but no vomiting, lower back pain, vaginal burning. I hope this med leaves my body soon because I feel like a walking zombie with lots of pain. It's actually causing my fibromyalgia to flare up like crazy so more pain for me yay..I will never take Fluconazole ever again! Even if my life depended on it. Oh also I stayed up all night with chest pain hoping that it would go away but then it caused the panic attack because I thought I was going to die on this pill. Never again!”

Ethi July 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This is my second time taking Diflucan. I had an allergic reaction to medication. My reaction was not listed as their side effects. I instantly started having stinging in my lips. Later that day my lips were swollen. My tonsils started to get sore. My vagina is swollen, extreme itching, and painful. It made me develop hemorrhoids. It has been two days and my symptoms are worse. I am athletic and drink a lot of water. I should’ve never developed hemorrhoids. The itching is unbearable. I am now using otc creams for the discomfort. I’ve had STD testing for HIV, Gonorrhea, Chylmidia, RPR, and HSV. Everything was negative. Be cautious of this medication.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have been battling yeast infection for years. I went to my Gynae last year and he prescribed antibiotics and some drugs I could not remember, the yeast got WORSE after I took these medication. I continued with my symptoms until 3 June 2019, went to a different gynae who prescribed me Fluconazole, another drug and antibotics, I decided not to take antibiotics but took Fluconazole and the other drug, went to bed and woke up next morning CURED. It's been a few weeks and I feel amazing and like a new person. I highly recommend Fluconazole for yeast infection.”

Iiz July 12, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This pill don’t work at all!! I took 2 of them for yeast infection and 3 days later I still fill the same but taking to many antibiotics can ruin you pH balance and cause the UTI or yeast infection so I recommend the flucon”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve taken this once before and the next day I was cured. This time I took it, the next day my infection was itchier and had more discharge ”

PLG · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I suffer from a rare skin condition called Hailey-Hailey Disease that often is accompanied by a yeast infection on various sweaty body areas. Took fluconazole yesterday when I couldn't stand the symptoms. Topicals weren't working. Wow! So much better. So I'll tolerate the flu like side affects. They appeared last time as well.”

Bell July 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My Dr prescribed me this and did not work. Itchiness went away for a while but came back I took this pill at least 4 times and the itchiness would go away but discharge would still happen. My Dr was being rude and wouldn't give me a better medicine or something else since it wasn't working. So I'm still stuck with this situation and my Dr won't do nothing about it I'm probably going to find something over the counter and hope that it works.”

RL · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Tinea Versicolor: “I was prescribed fluconazole for a skin rash caused by yeast. Instructed to take two 150mg pills at the same time and if the rash doesn’t clear take same dose a week later. Well I did and had the worst reaction! Dizziness, diarrhea, dry mouth with an odd taste, racing heart, sweating/chills - I think I had an all night anxiety attack. I’ve taken this med before will very little side effects so I’m not sure what happened. It sounds like my experience is not uncommon. And my rash is still there...”

Oh So That’s What That Is June 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve had bacterial vaginosis 3 times so when I headed into the gyno with a sore vagina, we both assumed my sensitive inner pH meant BV again. She started me on a hefty antibiotic suppository and my itching became unbearable. 5 days later when I couldn’t sit down due to the burning, she let me know my test results had just came in. Apparently we’d been treating a yeast infection with an antibiotic medication that typically causes yeast infections, making it into Godzilla of Yeast. She prescribed two 150 mg pills to be taken 2 days apart. Never having a yeast infection before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Within a few hours of the first pill, the itching was almost gone. What I wasn’t prepared for is the next morning finding a shocking amount of the watery cottage cheese discharge everyone describes which I hadn’t had before. I hope/assume that means it’s working and the yeast is being expelled as it dies(?) I had no side effects, am symptom free and thrilled today.”

Bre June 17, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I originally had a UTI and was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. About two days later I started itching and the doctor prescribed me this drug. I kid you not I was sooooooooo dizzy I thought I was going to fall over. It didn't matter if I was standing up or sitting down. The dizziness was freaking horrible. Oh, I only had one dose of it and I'm still itching like crazy”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Fluconazole worked the first time I used it, but my infection came back weeks later. My doctor prescribed it to me again and it was not effective, so she increased the dose, and it did not work either but she just kept increasing the dose, it was pointless.”

Emm · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This drug landed me in the ER with with a low temperature of 97 F, racing and pounding heart, chills, dizziness and weakness, yet very high blood pressure. It took them a few hours to stabilize me. This drug shouldn’t be on the market!”

Ma ma June 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Best meds for yeast infection”

Amylouhoo · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Awful! I was so dizzy even sitting down. My body dried out.. hands, feet face. My hands cracked open. 2 days after taking my throat felt funny and the entire inside of my mouth had white stuff all over. I can't say it works because the doctor diagnosed my with yeast and it wasn't I actually had an abscess and switched to bactrim. But I know I will never touch that stuff again.”

ItchyKitty · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The BEST treatment for simple yeast infection. One pill, and symptoms are gone in 2 days or less. I have never experienced any side effects at all from this medication, and I am so thankful there is such a simple solution for clearing up a yeast infection. The creams they sell at drug stores don’t seem to do a lot for me and they are messy and expensive.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had my yearly pap smear which was abnormal. My doc saw me again in 6 months and told me that I had a mild yeast infection ( no symptoms @ this point) she prescribed 150 mg of Diflucan weekly for a month...”