User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

Tinea Versicolor 4 reviews 97 medications

5.8
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 235 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First off the pill form is super convenient and leaves no mess behind. I did experience a slight headache however, i will take anything over the messy cremes."

AfroChick#1 November 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took the diflucan one dose on monday night its now thursday and I still have the infection and am still itchy. This is on top of canestine for the outer symptoms. Have to go back to chemist and try something else. Waste of $20 :("

Skittle cookie November 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "This is a very harsh drug%u2026 That I do not wish to ever take again%u2026 And I cautioned anyone that takes this drug .. It made me dizzy%u2026 Very tired%u2026 I took for a whole month three times a week%u2026 My doctor says the symptoms should go away%u2026 But I still feel tired and do not have the energy that I did before I took it .. I also have severe bloating and gas.. It has been weeks and the symptoms have not gone away%u2026 I'm getting very worried that it cost me damage to my liver%u2026 Again I will say I do not think the drug should be on the market%u2026 I regret ever taking it%u2026 Took it for scalp eczema%u2026 Because I am going to menopause%u2026 Believe me the scalp eczema is nothing compared to the side effects%u2026 Caution everyone to do not take this drug!"

Wish I didn't take this drug! October 23, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had vaginal yeast infection for three days until I finally made up my mind to head for the clinic. I was diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection and was prescribed 150 mg of fluconazole(diflucan). An hour after taking the pill, my symptoms ceased to a minimum. However, the itchiness and burning sensation still lasted for around two days before it finally resolved."

Lorri2530 October 22, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the metro gel for bv for 14 days and on the 12th day I started to get itching and burning and my doctor prescribed me 2 tablets of fluconazole for a yeast infection. I've had a yeast infection in the past and was told to use monistat 7, which burned and itched so bad, so this compared to that is 100% better. I took my first tablet yesterday and used the applicator from the metro gel to insert plain greek yogurt up there and as of now there is no itching and 95% less discharge! I still have burning which will hopefully go away soon."

Idk a nickname October 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have a mild yeast infection. Tried taking Diflucan One (1 x 150 mg tablet). Four days later, no improvement whatsoever. Tonight I went to the drugstore and purchased Canesten (3 x vaginal tablets) which I've used successfully in the past. Had I known, I would have stuck with what I know works and saved myself the $30."

Canadiancandida (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had several yeast infections in the past and I am currently getting over one and each time the doctor prescribed these pills to cure the yeast infection it did an amazing job, the same day I took the pill, I had some itching and burning relief, and less nasty discharge, I feel a lot better already"

Deviouskia (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The cream doesn't work well for me, but this one pill ( fluconazole) works just fine, plus it cost $3.02 compared to $20.86 for one day cream, cures the itching n burning fast. I hate yeast infections!!!"

Noyeast16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the hospital because I had burning irritation and redness I was in alot of pain for 2 days the Dr. Said the antibiotics I was on gave me a yeast infection they had me take two pills at the hospital it is now the next day and my symptoms have definitely simmered down I still have irritation urinating and I lil discomfort in general but I can tell it working phew thank goodness this was my first yeast infection ever and I hope it will be the last"

Anonymous September 20, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I take this medication regularly for chronic yeast infections. I have a bad immune system as well as a stomach disorder. I never have any noticeable side effects. The first 12 or so hours are the worst while the yeast is being killed off. The itching gets extreme and I make sure I have nothing planned that day. Within 24hra the symptoms are minimal and I feel almost normal. It's my go to."

KitKat83 September 14, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill a few times in the past couple years and it worked every time. My only side effect was nausea so I took a nap during that. My insurance paid for most it I only paid $3.00. Compare $3.00 to Ministat 7 for about $20. I love this pill!!!"

Jennydzied September 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "was experiencing extreme and intense itching for almost a week straight. my period came and I was fine after. I still went to the gyno and she said there was still a little discharge so she tested it. didn't get a call back but magically there was a prescription ready for my at my local pharmacy. I took one pill and literally the next day the intense itching was back! it's unbearable I super can't live like this. "

Itchanna :( September 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had a very mild infection for about a week (caused by antibiotics) that suddenly erupted into the most agonizing experience I've ever had. Severe itching and burning, red bumps all over the place. I tried treating it with OTC medicine (Monistat as well as generic miconazole nitrate) which helped with the itching but did nothing for the rash. Finally got ahold of my doctor, she called in a diflucan prescription which I took yesterday on my lunch break at work (with a meal). By the time I was leaving I felt like a new person. No itching, no burning, just relief. Haven't experienced any side effects since then and feel completely better."

21f (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "Took 1 pill (150mg) and a few days later got terrible abdominal pain, testicular pain, headache and dizziness. 3 weeks later, I still have dizziness and minor testicular pain and swelling. The side effects are worse than the original symptoms. I would avoid this drug. It should not be over the counter and should be prescription only."

endezeichengrimm (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've been prescribed the flucinazole on 3 separate occasions over the past year. More recently, I was also prescribed oral Metronidazole twice a day for 7 days and told to take diflucan over the same period every 3 days. Well I developed a super itchy rash all over my arms which spread to my trunk and legs the more I kept taking the Metronidazole. I went urgent care and was told to stop the Metronidazole and given a shot to help with the rash. It went down almost immediately. Since they didn't say to stop the Fluconzaole I took my next dose and low and behold I'm an itchy mess again. I realized that although to a lesser degree this rash has been present the other times I've taken it also but mainly on my legs."

Gleny (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "had sex friday night, went to work and used the bathroom and wiped with cheap tissue when i got home i started itching and burning it was so bad and unbearable good thing i had an appt yesterday for bp check up while i was there i told my doc my symtoms and she prescribed me flucanazole i took it yesterday around 7 and today around 7 i notice its starting to work im not itching or burning plus its pushing all the infection out every time i go pee mount and mounts of discharge is coming out plus i have to keep a pantyliner on bc it makes you leak that 150mg did the trick for me all im drinking is water and cranberry juice to help clean me out every med dont do the same for everyone but its fine for me hopefully i dont experience this again!!"

taybaby (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Make sure you do NOT drink alcohol when taking this. It works well when my Doctor prescribes three (3) pills, to take every three days. That does the trick!"

nikgam5 July 27, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took 2 days for a normal pH"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is a wonder drug. The first time I had a yeast infection, it lasted for months, with unbearable itching, blisters and bleeding. Because there was no discharge, I didn't think it was a yeast infection, and because I had been previously diagnosed with lichen sclerosus, I thought this constant pain and misery was just how my life would always be from then on. When I went to see my gyn, she said it didn't look like a yeast infection, but said we should do a test anyway. Lo and behold, it was a YI. My doc gave me fluconazole, and one pill fixed everything. Since then, any time I get YI symptoms (unfortunately often because I have to take regular antibiotics) I take this, and it's always worked. It's also cheaper than OTC!"

JP Kraft (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oral Thrush: "I get yeast infections often. Recently, I've experienced the hell that is thrush! I thought only little ones got this, but I was wrong. I tried the Rx mouth wash and there was little to no change. So I asked for a Diflucan pill because it's always worked on my vag yeast infections. What do ya' know, within 24 hours there is a marked difference, and my poor tongue is getting some relief. Great med, love the one dose system, and it works for me."

Anonymous July 12, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had minor itching and burning for a few weeks. Couldn't figure out if it was from soaking in the tub, drinking lemon juice daily or from doing perineal hair hygiene. Figured it was a yeast infection and finally say a small amount of thin white discharge. Desperately tried home remedies that worked before the discomfort returned. 4 weeks later took Diflucan 1-dose. Symptoms improved almost immediately bmbut never resolved. Ouch Ouch Ouch will call the doc tomorrow for treatment of this persistent infection."

Script.2nd July 11, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had terrible,recurrent thrush for about a year. My doctor isn't overly intersted,kept just giving me Canestan pessaroes and creams. I tried Fluconozole but it made my thursh even worse. I'm miserable with it. Trying diet,lifestyle and going back to the doctor. Here's hoping it clears up. Wish the same for everyone else struggling with it too."

Elle757 July 8, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It works for me every time when your diabetic it happens when sugars are to high sugars spill over into the bladder causing it but I have found fluconazole and a little help with Monistat cream or just walmart cream helps with the itchy feeling. it comes with a tube I just use that in the surface and does the job ."

Motherov3girls1 July 7, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the Dr for a yeast infection (my first) and was given this. It seemed to help yesterday after I took it but woke up this morning with worse itching and massive amounts of discharge. Really hoping this will look up soon since I'm a newlywed and have things to do!!!"

Chigal July 6, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oral Thrush: "A few days after finishing a round of antibiotics (metronidazole) I started to get oral thrush. I took two rounds of nystatin (oral rinse) and still had the thrush. Doctor prescribed fluconazole (150mg for 7 days) - thrush responded very well but at the end of the duration it started to come back. Dr called in another prescription (150mg for 5 days) and so far my oral thrush is gone (I've been done with the prescription for 4 days). The only side effect I have noticed is a 'side stitch/pinch/ache' type feeling. It's mild but noticeable and started the day I took the fluconazole and continues today. I've read it can stay in your system for 7 days so hoping the pain goes away very soon."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016