User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 462 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
Tinea Cruris  Off-label
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.4 462 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

twinklenoz · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am extremely prone to yeast infections particular with any antibiotic use. The medication took 3 days to clear up the infection used in conjunction with Monistat 3; however, the redness, irritation, and extreme itching remained, to the point where I could not sit still. I read on another forum that using a generous amount of zinc oxide cream would help. I was desperate to try anything and it truly did the trick! It provided instant relief and I just had to share this with others who may be experiencing the same symptoms. Forget using those anti-itch creams that come with Monistat! Use the zinc oxide instead and you will save yourself the agony. Be sure that you clean and dry the area first before applying the zinc cream. Works wonders!”

mongasb April 14, 2009

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I had terrible toenail fungus for many years. I participated in a double blind study of Diflucan for toenail fungus, and it was like a miracle. Month by month the fungus disappeared. Each month, I had blood work done. There was never a change in my liver function studies. It has been 10 years and the fungus has never reappeared.”

NotHappy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 25, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am suffering from yeast infection for almost a year now!! I had so many Flucanazole treatments, other drugs, everything. Now I'm on 6 month treatment with flucanazole. I took first 3 pills, infection is still there. Am I going mental here? Literally don't know what to do and where to go.”

On The Mend January 10, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Diflucan works freaking miracles; I'm never using OTC creams again. Last month (after a round of antibiotics) I developed a mild yeast infection and used Monistat One Day to clear it up. Unfortunately, I should've listened to other reviewers about Monistat because, this month before my period, the infection came back with vengeance! I called up my doctor and got a prescription for the genetic 200mg Diflucan. This drug is a heaven send! I took it with food at 5pm, and by 7pm, I was already feeling better. The discharge was firming up and exiting my body, the itching was lessening, and the discomfort of my labia was improving. No discomfort, burning, or messy creams with this medication. Why deal with Monistat when Diflucan is an option?”

Sinclaire · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took it at 5pm and all of my symptoms were gone by 11:30. I got the yeast infection from antibiotics and I'm so glad it's gone! This medication is amazing. Also I see a lot of ladies saying they have Chronic yeast infections, my advice is to change you diet and health routine.”

Crazyme · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took this medication last night 22nd of July 2019 cause I’ve been suffering from yeast infection for 3 months now and I really don’t know what to do. When I search in the internet Diflucan is best for this treatment. The next morning I am now relieved from itchiness I never thought it will go away. I have no side effects whatsoever. I recommend this meds for YI. FYI: This medicine is only one time dose.”

StannAugmon92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I had unsightly toenail fungus for many, many years. I didn't want to take lamisil because of the liver side effects. My dermatologist suggested fluconazole. I took 150mg per week. What a drug...my toenail fungus disappeared completely after around 9 months. It didn't work on one toenail but after another round of fluconazole, that toenail healed, as well. I highly recommend fluconazole but, of course, make sure you consult with your doctor or dermatologist first.”

Blueyes October 3, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “First time with a yeast infection .Took my first dose of fluconazole on day one with minimal results and second dose of 150 mg 48 hours latter and at day 5 I am feeling things are almost back to normal . Reading the other posts from ladies continually having repeat episodes of this I feel for you . Have any of your partners been treated or assessed for a yeast infection ?As you are back to normal he or she may have been infected by you especially if you do not use protection when you are infected and have sex .You could have picked it up from them if they don’t know they have one ? You may be swapping it back and forth between each other if you are both not treated . Go to your health care providers and your partner and discuss this and perhaps your partner needs to be treated too !!”

Nicki34786 · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took Diflucan years ago for a yeast infection—got rid of it quickly and efficiently with no side effects! Fast forward to this year. I had a major yeast infection, took Diflucan but this time had multiple weird side effects, including: peeling/swollen lips (with ulcers on the inside), nausea/vomiting, terrible stomach pains and diarrhea, heart palpitations, itchy throat and increased vaginal and anal irritation. I even developed hemorrhoids for the first time in my life, and I attribute it all to this drug. I think it severely irritated my mucous membranes and then this was only worsened by coupled chronic diarrhea I was having. Be really careful taking this drug..it’s no joke.”

'schell · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2014

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!”

That Itched · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a moderate vaginal yeast infection, and it was the first sort of thing like that I've ever had. I went into the University wellness center to be checked out, and was offered 2 options: a three-time creme and vaginal suppository treatment, or a one-time orally ingested antibiotic. I chose the method that was least... ichy, the pill. I've nothing but good reviews for the medicine. It was convenient, being a one-and-done thing. It was effective- experienced some relief within 24-36 hours of taking it, was completely relieved within 4/5 days. A week later, the yeast infection appeared to be near completely gone. I had almost no side effects other than some very mild nausea shortly after ingestion. Would take again if need be.”

Anonymous March 27, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have issues with yeast infections and I took one pill Monday night and the second Wednesday night, every symptom went away except for the itching! I can't stand it anymore. It's now Thursday and I'm still itching not as bad but still. This medication has always worked for me before and all symptoms were gone in two days... not this time. I'm still itching.”

Pesco · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2017

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I have had toenail fungus for the last 45 years. My doctors would give only a cream to apply. While visiting friends in Ukraine, my friend suggested I use fluconazole, it is available over the counter in Ukraine. I used 50 mg, one a day for 10 days, the fungus is gone and I have been clear for 6 months now.”

ItchyKitty · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The BEST treatment for simple yeast infection. One pill, and symptoms are gone in 2 days or less. I have never experienced any side effects at all from this medication, and I am so thankful there is such a simple solution for clearing up a yeast infection. The creams they sell at drug stores don’t seem to do a lot for me and they are messy and expensive.”

Lorri2530 October 22, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Had vaginal yeast infection for three days until I finally made up my mind to head for the clinic. I was diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection and was prescribed 150 mg of fluconazole(diflucan). An hour after taking the pill, my symptoms ceased to a minimum. However, the itchiness and burning sensation still lasted for around two days before it finally resolved.”

Lindseylovely · Taken for 10 years or more July 23, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Oral Thrush: “Diflucan had no side effects for me. Taken this like a million times. For thrush, vagina yeast infection, skin yeast infection, and athletes foot. Wait it out with the results of the pill. It's not instant, it takes 24- 48 hrs to work and then it is better quickly. If you need instant relief, use cream or antifungal mouthwash immediately and then take the pill. Only reason I didn't give 10 stars is you never know how many you need to take. I stick with 3 each time as that seems to do the trick.”

Rivalry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 26, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am prone to yeast infections. Not super prone. But I usually get about 3 yeast infections a year, more if I have infections that require antibiotics. Rarely does over the counter medication work for me, plus I just hate how gross, messy, and how long it takes to clear up with the over the counter suppositories. This medication Diflucan is really a god send because the minute I feel it coming on I take it and symptoms are gone super quickly and with NO MESS. I honestly don't notice any side effects. I might get an upset stomach but I usually get that from the antibiotics that give me the yeast infection to begin with.”

Isabel September 30, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I got a yeast infection for the first time. Holy moly those things are horrible. Be patient. It works differently for everyone. I did see relief the first day. And more relief everyday. I felt normal after a week. I would take this again if I had to. No side effects for me.”

SavingCinderella · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have had a horrible yeast for six days. Tried coconut oil, eating raw garlic, 3-Day Monostat treatment, baking soda baths and Apple Cider Vinegar; nothing was helping. Day 6 I was in so much pain and itching so intense I couldn't even think. I also had a swollen throat which was coated with white film which is a sign of candidia overload or "thrush". I was desperate after my second Monastat treatment made it worse!!! So I went to my Doc and explained about four different kinds of yeast and Monastat doesn't cure all. He wrote me a prescription for Diflucan. This is no exaggeration: within fifteen minutes of taking it, yeast dumped out of my body. A few hours later and it's still coming out and my thrush/candida coated throat is almost gone”

YeastNoFun · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Give this medication time!! It's going to get worse before it gets better, trust me. When I take it, it usually gets worse for about 2-3 days. On the third day if I am not feeling better I'll take another dose and my symptoms will be gone within 24 hours. Patience definitely comes with this medication and although that's unfortunate, it's worth it in the end.”

Jno · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Fluconazole caused side effects of drowsiness, stomach ache, diarrhea, confusion, dizziness, panic attack, fast heart beat, chills, all in less than 24 hours of taking this 150 MG one dose pill. I will never accept this antifungal in my body again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The best for clearing up a yeast infection. Got some relief in a few hours with no side effects. Have taken many times and totally clears things up within a couple of days. Such a great alternative to the messy suppositories.”

Anonymous October 19, 2012

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a yeast infection to the 10th Power. I tried some OTC vaginal medicines and definitely didn't work out for me. Seem like it got worse. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable NOT A GOOD FEELING! My Dr prescribed me 2 doses at 150mg each. Took the 1st pill at noon and I could really feel relief within hours. I highly recommend this pill for quick relief. Thank goodness for Fluconazole!”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have been battling yeast infection for years. I went to my Gynae last year and he prescribed antibiotics and some drugs I could not remember, the yeast got WORSE after I took these medication. I continued with my symptoms until 3 June 2019, went to a different gynae who prescribed me Fluconazole, another drug and antibotics, I decided not to take antibiotics but took Fluconazole and the other drug, went to bed and woke up next morning CURED. It's been a few weeks and I feel amazing and like a new person. I highly recommend Fluconazole for yeast infection.”