User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 2)

Also known as: Diflucan

Learn more about Fluconazole.

Esophageal Candidiasis 2 reviews 11 medications

Tinea Versicolor 4 reviews 97 medications

5.8
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 246 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Fluconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Unfortunately since being on contraceptive I have got a lot of a thrush and yeast infections. For me, creams don't work, and pessaries can leave me feeling quite painful. But the fluconazole tablet has always worked for me! No side effects and usually I will see the difference within a few hours and it's completely gone within a day or two. Brilliant stuff."

Lauramoonshine December 28, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Most definitely the worst experience I've ever had with medication. Horrible and constant vomiting, completely liquid and black diarrhea, I wasn't able to eat for 3 days, couldn't even drink without vomiting, couldn't sleep because of the constant vomiting and diarrhea, just absolute hell. I took the pill just a single time. One pill."

Au.mi.ch December 18, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies, I had recurring yeast infections a few years aback. What I did to stop it was I threw away my underwear and bought new ones. If you cannot afford you need to lysol your underwear crotch and wash in hot water to kill the yeast. I eat different brands of yogurt twice weekly(look for live active cultures). I don't use soap to wash off....I use an unscented ph balanced feminine wash. Make sure your sexual partner gets a dose of fluconazole as they can transfer the infection back to you. Wear cotton undies and try sleeping naked a couple times a week. Fluconazole works but it takes time. Yeast can reoccur. I suggest the following above tips. I also use natures way probiotic every other month."

Rebecca1988 December 18, 2016

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Went to gyno for severe cramping and just overall not feeling well. She of course did pelvic and then told me she was going to do vaginal ultrasound. Ok, 2 days later, no phone call, my Pharmacy has prescription ready. Normally this medicine has not really worked in the past when I obviously knew I had yeast infection, so I am really hoping that my cramping goes away and I finally start feeling myself again!"

18lucas69 December 17, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Tablet doesn't work at all waste of money"

Bellmat December 17, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Give this medication time!! It's going to get worse before it gets better, trust me. When I take it, it usually gets worse for about 2-3 days. On the third day if I am not feeling better I'll take another dose and my symptoms will be gone within 24 hours. Patience definitely comes with this medication and although that's unfortunate, it's worth it in the end."

YeastNoFun (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Fluconazole works well for me. Pretty much zaps it out. I take it AS SOON possible, as I feel it coming on and see the first sign of white I take it. I get a YI about 1-3 x/year. Perhaps taking it promptly might be why it has worked well for me (?) I feel that it halts the infection process quickly (1day). Then gradually clears up by day 3-4. I like that it's just 1 pill, although instructions say to take 2nd pill a week later, I usually do not. It's very worth it; always keep extras at home just in case."

Miu-Miu123 December 7, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I can't stand this medication. My ob prescribed 500mg for two days and it makes me violently sick. I've eaten with the medication and have not consumed any alcohol but I've been throwing up bile for the past 6 hours. This happened to me last time , I took this medication again and I regret it."

Aco124 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this twice in a three week period hoping it would cure a yeast infection i had twice. The first time i took it nothing happened. There was nothing that happened to me. So i thought i should see my obgyn in case it was bacterial vaginosis. The doctor said it was a yeast infection and they gave me 150mg flucanozole. Which is diflucan!! And it worked. Next week later i had a yeast infection again! I bought diflucan again thinking it would work. But guess what??! it did not work! Why the hell did the one from the doctor work. But the one from the store is rubbish. There was more then a week in between taking the first diflucan and the one the doctor prescribed. So it wasn't the two working together. diflucan is a sham!"

Bee892 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First off, I looked in here to see when it was best to take the pill. My doctor Always prescribes me one "Just in case" Whenever he give me antibiotics.... But the first thing i saw was how much people are spending on these.... There is an app called good Rx.com that I usually get coupons from for the more EXPENSIVE prescriptions BUT at ALL Walmart stores Diflucan is $4.00! PERIOD!!!!! SAME AS ANTIBIOTICS..... JUST TELL THEM DO NOT RUN YOUR INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS! :)"

Jillybean2015 November 18, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my 3rd yeast infection, tried the internal and external cremes for a week and felt like it was getting worse. The doctor warned me that if this dose didn't work, that in 2-3 days call them and she'd prescribe me another dose if needed. Took it last night and woke up a new woman today."

Adrianna Nikohl November 17, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First off the pill form is super convenient and leaves no mess behind. I did experience a slight headache however, i will take anything over the messy cremes."

AfroChick#1 November 15, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took the diflucan one dose on monday night its now thursday and I still have the infection and am still itchy. This is on top of canestine for the outer symptoms. Have to go back to chemist and try something else. Waste of $20 :("

Skittle cookie November 2, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Tinea Versicolor: "This is a very harsh drug%u2026 That I do not wish to ever take again%u2026 And I cautioned anyone that takes this drug .. It made me dizzy%u2026 Very tired%u2026 I took for a whole month three times a week%u2026 My doctor says the symptoms should go away%u2026 But I still feel tired and do not have the energy that I did before I took it .. I also have severe bloating and gas.. It has been weeks and the symptoms have not gone away%u2026 I'm getting very worried that it cost me damage to my liver%u2026 Again I will say I do not think the drug should be on the market%u2026 I regret ever taking it%u2026 Took it for scalp eczema%u2026 Because I am going to menopause%u2026 Believe me the scalp eczema is nothing compared to the side effects%u2026 Caution everyone to do not take this drug!"

Wish I didn't take this drug! October 23, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had vaginal yeast infection for three days until I finally made up my mind to head for the clinic. I was diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection and was prescribed 150 mg of fluconazole(diflucan). An hour after taking the pill, my symptoms ceased to a minimum. However, the itchiness and burning sensation still lasted for around two days before it finally resolved."

Lorri2530 October 22, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took the metro gel for bv for 14 days and on the 12th day I started to get itching and burning and my doctor prescribed me 2 tablets of fluconazole for a yeast infection. I've had a yeast infection in the past and was told to use monistat 7, which burned and itched so bad, so this compared to that is 100% better. I took my first tablet yesterday and used the applicator from the metro gel to insert plain greek yogurt up there and as of now there is no itching and 95% less discharge! I still have burning which will hopefully go away soon."

Idk a nickname October 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have a mild yeast infection. Tried taking Diflucan One (1 x 150 mg tablet). Four days later, no improvement whatsoever. Tonight I went to the drugstore and purchased Canesten (3 x vaginal tablets) which I've used successfully in the past. Had I known, I would have stuck with what I know works and saved myself the $30."

Canadiancandida (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had several yeast infections in the past and I am currently getting over one and each time the doctor prescribed these pills to cure the yeast infection it did an amazing job, the same day I took the pill, I had some itching and burning relief, and less nasty discharge, I feel a lot better already"

Deviouskia (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The cream doesn't work well for me, but this one pill ( fluconazole) works just fine, plus it cost $3.02 compared to $20.86 for one day cream, cures the itching n burning fast. I hate yeast infections!!!"

Noyeast16 (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the hospital because I had burning irritation and redness I was in alot of pain for 2 days the Dr. Said the antibiotics I was on gave me a yeast infection they had me take two pills at the hospital it is now the next day and my symptoms have definitely simmered down I still have irritation urinating and I lil discomfort in general but I can tell it working phew thank goodness this was my first yeast infection ever and I hope it will be the last"

Anonymous September 20, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I take this medication regularly for chronic yeast infections. I have a bad immune system as well as a stomach disorder. I never have any noticeable side effects. The first 12 or so hours are the worst while the yeast is being killed off. The itching gets extreme and I make sure I have nothing planned that day. Within 24hra the symptoms are minimal and I feel almost normal. It's my go to."

KitKat83 September 14, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this pill a few times in the past couple years and it worked every time. My only side effect was nausea so I took a nap during that. My insurance paid for most it I only paid $3.00. Compare $3.00 to Ministat 7 for about $20. I love this pill!!!"

Jennydzied September 10, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "was experiencing extreme and intense itching for almost a week straight. my period came and I was fine after. I still went to the gyno and she said there was still a little discharge so she tested it. didn't get a call back but magically there was a prescription ready for my at my local pharmacy. I took one pill and literally the next day the intense itching was back! it's unbearable I super can't live like this. "

Itchanna :( September 5, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Had a very mild infection for about a week (caused by antibiotics) that suddenly erupted into the most agonizing experience I've ever had. Severe itching and burning, red bumps all over the place. I tried treating it with OTC medicine (Monistat as well as generic miconazole nitrate) which helped with the itching but did nothing for the rash. Finally got ahold of my doctor, she called in a diflucan prescription which I took yesterday on my lunch break at work (with a meal). By the time I was leaving I felt like a new person. No itching, no burning, just relief. Haven't experienced any side effects since then and feel completely better."

21f (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: "Took 1 pill (150mg) and a few days later got terrible abdominal pain, testicular pain, headache and dizziness. 3 weeks later, I still have dizziness and minor testicular pain and swelling. The side effects are worse than the original symptoms. I would avoid this drug. It should not be over the counter and should be prescription only."

endezeichengrimm (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016