User Reviews for Fluconazole (Page 5)

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.4 out of 10 from a total of 462 ratings on Drugs.com. 52% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
Tinea Cruris  Off-label
Summary of Fluconazole reviews 6.4 462 reviews

Reviews for Fluconazole

Lin2018 · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took diflucan for a yeast infection on a Friday around 8 PM, at about 10 PM my lips started to tingle. I went to bed and woke up at 2 am to find my lips severely swollen with a rash around them. Today is Monday and my lips are burning, dry, and still swollen. I am now getting sores inside of my mouth from the diflucan. My yeast infection has cleared up, but the pain I am feeling now is horrific. I will NEVER take this pill again.”

Ej979797 August 2, 2017

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I suffer from yeast infections quite frequently, especially while being on my depo birth control shot and being more sexually active. In the past, diflucan did the trick in 24 hours (I learned Monistat does NOTHING for me!). As I suffer from them almost every other month, if not every month, I believe I have built a resistance to the medication. I began needing two pills prescribed at a time for an effective solution. Just a few days ago I received a pack of 3. My symptoms feel almost worst than before getting the prescription. I didn't drink much water and also had sex after taking the pill day 2, but I took the last pill yesterday and vagina is raw and swollen as well as itchy. Also feel period beginning. I hate this confusion about my body.”

taybaby · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “had sex friday night, went to work and used the bathroom and wiped with cheap tissue when i got home i started itching and burning it was so bad and unbearable good thing i had an appt yesterday for bp check up while i was there i told my doc my symtoms and she prescribed me flucanazole i took it yesterday around 7 and today around 7 i notice its starting to work im not itching or burning plus its pushing all the infection out every time i go pee mount and mounts of discharge is coming out plus i have to keep a pantyliner on bc it makes you leak that 150mg did the trick for me all im drinking is water and cranberry juice to help clean me out every med dont do the same for everyone but its fine for me hopefully i dont experience this again!!”

Lilypad97 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2017

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I got one Diflucan pill to take which I thought at first was a waste of money, but it works GREAT. The discharge and smell changed after 1 day! There were no side effects, no headaches, nausea, pain, etc. Highly recommend!”

Keddey November 24, 2009

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I tried a cream OTC, which didn't work. So I called my doctor and he prescribed this. AMAZING medicine! Within 24 hours my infection is gone and I feel human again! I experienced no side effects. It's almost like a wonder pill!”

30yrs toenail fungal infection April 29, 2020

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: “I just started taking a medication called Afumix. I was prescribed this medication after seeing a Dermatologist in GDL MX, he sent me to have a culture done. They scrapped the nail to identify the type of fungal infection, I’ve had it for over 30 years, battling athletes foot as well. I’ve suffered with this for soo many years, unsightly toe nails and itchy feet. Started this medication 4 days ago and will now take 6 days off then back on 4 days On 6 days off... I will continue this cycle until I’m done with 16 pills. By the way I bought this medication in Mexico for just under $100. 4 boxes with 4 pills in each box. I already have noticed that the skin on my feet feels smoother and absolutely no itchy ness between my toes. It appears to be clearing the skin peeling. I will continue to update the results after I’m done with the dose. FYI I’ve tried the Lamisil/terbifine pills and cream both never worked for me .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2016

For Oral Thrush: “A few days after finishing a round of antibiotics (metronidazole) I started to get oral thrush. I took two rounds of nystatin (oral rinse) and still had the thrush. Doctor prescribed fluconazole (150mg for 7 days) - thrush responded very well but at the end of the duration it started to come back. Dr called in another prescription (150mg for 5 days) and so far my oral thrush is gone (I've been done with the prescription for 4 days). The only side effect I have noticed is a 'side stitch/pinch/ache' type feeling. It's mild but noticeable and started the day I took the fluconazole and continues today. I've read it can stay in your system for 7 days so hoping the pain goes away very soon.”

Flash · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Unfortunately fluconazole was not a great experience for me. And still suffering from the side effects. Do not ignore chills, and burning sensations and skin irritation. I did 2 rounds of fluconazole 72 hours apart. First round I had a hive on my upper lip for a day And lady parts were red and irritated Went back to the doctor, prescribed a second round which gave burning sensation to anus, labia, vulva ... have been on fire ever since. Could hardly sit down. 5 days of prednisone to help, now Reactine once daily . Still have burning on back of legs and butt...it has been almost a month. Pharmacist says it’s just going to take time....ugh. Wish there was something else that would help to get this out of my system as it has been a brutal experience.”

BadExperience · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have taken Diflucan for yeast infections for years. I always get the infection after having to take antibiotics for a sinus infection (at least 1x/year). I have never had any issues - until now. Twelve hours after taking the Diflucan, I developed 3 hives- two on my face and one on my thumb. I thought maybe it was from something else or stress, so I ignored it. Big mistake. Had to take a second pill this week, and the hives came back in the exact same places, only worse, and have blistered. I also now have blisters inside my mouth and one my lips. They are extremely painful and are healing, but still there after 6 days. I expect scarring. If you have an allergic reaction to this drug DO NOT take it again. It only gets worse. Now to figure out what I CAN take, as the yeast infection is still there.”

Meggie128475 October 26, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This drug is a godsend for people who get chronic yeast infections. I just don't know what I would do without it, because the OTC meds do not even TOUCH my yeast infections. We are talking horrible itching and burning to the point of feeling like you want to climb the walls! Sometimes it takes more than 1 dose, but my doctor did tell me this drug was harsh on your liver and for people like me who already have some liver issues, that is the only thing I worry about when taking it. Otherwise, I just would be in misery all the time without this drug.”

Anonymous October 22, 2010

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I get repetitive yeast infections, so it took three treatments with Diflucan for three different infections before I realized that Diflucan was the thing that was causing the painful, blistering skin rash I was getting about once a month. I was having what it is known as "fixed skin ulceration." Ulcers in my mouth, blisters on my hands and leg, always in the same exact spots each time and always very painful. No one told me there was even a chance that I was allergic to this medicine and when I sought treatment for the second and then third episodes, the doctors completely missed it. There needs to be more information out there about this as the company only reports one previous person ever having this same reaction, yet it happened to me.”

Surrey · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Had a mild yeast infection that showed up on the pap results but felt no symptoms. Took diflucan and within 24 hours I had raging yeast infection symptoms that have worsened over the next five days. I routinely eat a diet low in carbs and high in probiotic foods, also no simple carbs. I suspect diflucan wiped out all the healthy microbes and made room for something worse to bloom. Still not sure how this will be resolved.”

KitKat83 September 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I take this medication regularly for chronic yeast infections. I have a bad immune system as well as a stomach disorder. I never have any noticeable side effects. The first 12 or so hours are the worst while the yeast is being killed off. The itching gets extreme and I make sure I have nothing planned that day. Within 24hra the symptoms are minimal and I feel almost normal. It's my go to.”

KrystleVari February 17, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I'm pretty sensitive to medicine, in fact I get so many side effects I have a long list of medicines I can't take. I didn't get any side effects from Diflucan so I'm pretty impressed. I read the reviews and the majority of the negative ones I think were misinterpreted, I don't think half of those were actually from this medicine so it's a shame they reviewed it so poorly. I have a candida overgrowth which is causing my infections so I have to take Diflucan once a week for 3 months, so far no problems.”

Pearlofagirl55 · Taken for 10 years or more March 28, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My gynecologist always prescribes 2 150 mg tablets packaged together for yeast infection. You take one immediately and then the other in 5 days. Works like a charm! I always develop a vaginal yeast infection when I take antibiotics! It's great to have this handy as a preventative!”

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far.”

Lizzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 7, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “First make sure you are being diagnosed with a yeast infection via a swab just in case it is bacterial! If that is positive for yeast, your doctor will recommend dosage and frequency, sometimes you could have outer discomfort associated and may use the external yeast cream that comes in the yeast infection otc box at the same time you’re taking the pill. Use it for at least 7 days (the external cream) no matter how many days worth of diflucan. If you are getting external symptoms, may be due to too much external cream or if you are using only pill, may be due to another infection you may have. Important to have a swab done. Probiotics aren’t necessarily the best. I recommend concentrated dose of chamomile, garlic, low to no sugar, greens, and possibly tea tree, or boric acid suppository. ( make sure it is administered correctly). Too much of one probiotic could be harmful if your body already has an abundance of one. Try other remedies. Hope this helps!”

rcka · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2013

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again.”

Lady Fi · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 13, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I know I have a yeast infection after only a couple days of itching and burning, I got the medicine from my doctor and took it immediately; don't wait weeks or months to call the doctor. BTW you can give a yeast infection to your boyfriend, do don't have sex until you are cured. Because he can give it right back to you, then you think the medicine didn't work. Use your head ladies, if it's itching and burning and discharging, keep your legs closed and call the Dr. Asap!”

Annie Yeasty · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a severe yeast infection. My labia were inflamed and over enlarged with a hard texture. My vulva was extremely itchy and my doctor prescribed oral fluconazole 150, 2 tablets. The first dose was enough to completely calm down the whole infection. I noticed some changes with in 4 hours of taking it. The next day there was a white debris in my vulva which was evidence of the yeast being killed off. I still had another dose left over and noticed great changes with just one dose.”

Vee92 January 10, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I went 21 years with never havin a yeast infection and then had 3 within like 2 months. This is the only medicine I have ever been given and it worked immediately. I took 3 (extremely small pills) one day and if symptoms continued I would take 3 more in 3 or 5 days. I never needed the second dose because it always cleared up. It provides great relief.”

Sexytwin · Taken for less than 1 month June 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was experiencing discharge, itching and swelling for approximately 2 weeks and used OTC Monistat suppositories, to no avail. I went to GYN for annual physical yesterday and mentioned symptoms. She prescribed Diflucan 150mg tablet (1) and I took it on an empty stomach. Within a couple of hours symptoms ceased and today I feel so much better without discharge or itching. Best thing for me!!!!”

honestconsumer101 July 24, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I'm telling you this medication is powerful and it works BUT I am giving it 5 out of ten right in the middle because it also has POWERFUL side effects. There is no doubt in my mind it works well BUT If your Very Hypersensitive like me to medications this one will knock you out ***Meaning its fighting the infection and doing its job*** but it can be a very uncomfortable experience... When you have a severe internal infection and take medication like this your body goes into overdrive helping the medicine work I took only a quarter of a 150 mg tablet to let my body know whats happening and wow did just that make me so dizzy and just lay in bed like WOAH but 12 hrs later took all the rest in small increments and I'm all better and it worked!”

Not So Yeasty Anymore · Taken for less than 1 month February 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I never write reviews for things online because I usually feel like it's a waste of time. I got a yeast infection about a week ago (Monday 2/1/16) and finally went in to my doctor to get something to treat it on Thursday (2/4/16). My doctor gave me the one time pill Fluconazole and I went online to look at reviews. I was TERRIFIED to take the Fluconazole because there were so many bad reviews! People saying that they had terrible nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.... I prepared for the worst. But the worst never came! I might have had sliiiiight nausea after about 24 hours but that's really it. Instead, it started to take effect and the itchiness began wearing off. Today, 2/8/16, I am completely free of itching. Fluconazole is GREAT!”

BlackGirlMagic August 16, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “1 dose of fluconazole (150MG): Ate dinner, went to bed and woke up feeling brand new. My kitty was happy and feeling back to her self. Waiting to see if I need to take another dose though. But overall I feel like it did it’s job. Side note: before commenting I read through some of the reviews and what I’m seeing is, make sure I’m not on any antibiotics or it won’t work.”