User Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Oral Thrush

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 6.1 out of 10 from a total of 11 ratings for the treatment of Oral Thrush. 36% of those users who reviewed Fluconazole reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

6.1/10 average rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Oral Thrush.

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diz April 19, 2021

“I took medication and had an episode of irregular heart rate, after taken, this was like 6 hour following. Thrush wise is helpful fairly quickly. Not sure if irregular hart rate related to medication.”

Coyote · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2021

“Headache beyond ability to even clear mucus throat, nausea, fatigue, jaw and ear on left aching way harder”

Leah J · Taken for less than 1 month October 1, 2020

“fluconazole didn't work for my oral thrush. I guess it wasn't a strong enough antifungal”

Lindseylovely · Taken for 10 years or more July 23, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Diflucan had no side effects for me. Taken this like a million times. For thrush, vagina yeast infection, skin yeast infection, and athletes foot. Wait it out with the results of the pill. It's not instant, it takes 24- 48 hrs to work and then it is better quickly. If you need instant relief, use cream or antifungal mouthwash immediately and then take the pill. Only reason I didn't give 10 stars is you never know how many you need to take. I stick with 3 each time as that seems to do the trick.”

Anonymous July 12, 2016

“I get yeast infections often. Recently, I've experienced the hell that is thrush! I thought only little ones got this, but I was wrong. I tried the Rx mouth wash and there was little to no change. So I asked for a Diflucan pill because it's always worked on my vag yeast infections. What do ya' know, within 24 hours there is a marked difference, and my poor tongue is getting some relief. Great med, love the one dose system, and it works for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2016

“A few days after finishing a round of antibiotics (metronidazole) I started to get oral thrush. I took two rounds of nystatin (oral rinse) and still had the thrush. Doctor prescribed fluconazole (150mg for 7 days) - thrush responded very well but at the end of the duration it started to come back. Dr called in another prescription (150mg for 5 days) and so far my oral thrush is gone (I've been done with the prescription for 4 days). The only side effect I have noticed is a 'side stitch/pinch/ache' type feeling. It's mild but noticeable and started the day I took the fluconazole and continues today. I've read it can stay in your system for 7 days so hoping the pain goes away very soon.”

Stein · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

“First time I took fluconazole I experienced diarrhea and dizziness often (was on it for several months due to oral thrush as a result of too much antibiotics and weakened immune system). Second time I took it, my side effects were completely different (again was on it due to oral thrush and weak immune system). Had diarrhea for only 1 day, and only felt dizzy once. But I started breaking out severely on the T-level of my face with severely painful cystic acne. I was only on the medication for 5 days and I broke out so much! I realize by the 3rd day that the reason I was breaking out was due to the fluconazole. It takes about a week after finishing the medication for it to completely flush out of the body. Horrible experience, had to call out from work as a result. It took me months to recover from the cystic scars. Always be cautious of what you take and how your body reacts to medication! I learned that the hard way.”

Lo-ro · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2012

“I suffered with a yeast infection in my milk ducts which made breast feeding extremely painful. My baby also had oral thrush that would not go away as we continued to pass the fungi back and forth with all other treatments (nipple cream, gentian violet, nystatin, probiotics). I took one pill per week for 2 weeks, continued to breastfeed and we were BOTH cleared of candida!”

Peaceamongus · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

“This is only my second day of taking the 100 mg diflucan for oral thrush, so yesterday I took 1 woke up this morning with very bad vertigo had to take dramamine I just took my second tablet. Hope this vertigo goes away and praying this thrush goes away, this is absolutely awful”

Laking · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2018

“I have taken diflucan many times for a yeast infection on my bottom lip caused by my steroid inhaler. 150mg 1 week repeated the next. It worked great for the first few times. But now it clears it up a little but not all the way. If anyone could tell if the dosage is wrong it would be great. These doctors have no idea.”

Laking · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2018

Anonymous March 15, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Very easy to use and works for days after swallowing the tablet. Also inexpensive!”

patient · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

Diflucan (fluconazole): “After taking one 150 mg pill for oral thrush the next day I got vertigo bending over, it was so bad I fell over. ”

Anonymous September 8, 2019

“I took 3 bottles of nystatin for oral thrush. Did not help Took fluconazole for 5 days. Did not help. Doctor thinks is acid reflux .Took prolisek. Did not help oral thrush .”

Learn more about Oral Thrush