User Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Candida Urinary Tract Infection

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Candida Urinary Tract Infection. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Fluconazole Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Candida Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole

Chilux · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Okay umm...I was diagnosed of candida 2014 and was given different antifungal which seemed to work for the mean time. Then In 2015 I had a re infection, symptoms were similar to the last one. So diflucan was recommended 150mg single dose and ketoconazole cream. On taking the single dose diflucan I got a lot better after 3 hours it was such a relief, the itching, burning and inflammation stopped. This is 2020 and currently on another dose and it's working perfectly... I recommend this drug 100%”

FungasAmongus · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

“bing bang bong - 1 dose cleared my candida bladder infection up! literally hours after taking Fluconazole I felt better. 1 more to go in 6 more days and I'm good to go. prob don't even need the other, but will take. my condition...yea pretty bad. ”

Jin Varel · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2019

“I was prescribed Fluconazole 150mg for a Candida Urinary Tract Infection and also Oral Thrush. It has caused terrible side effects such as chest pains, chest discomfort, panic attacks, anxiety, side pains (lower left above hip & upper right under rib), dizziness, lightheaded, pale skin (I look like a vampire), constant nausea but no vomiting, lower back pain, vaginal burning. I hope this med leaves my body soon because I feel like a walking zombie with lots of pain. It's actually causing my fibromyalgia to flare up like crazy so more pain for me yay..I will never take Fluconazole ever again! Even if my life depended on it. Oh also I stayed up all night with chest pain hoping that it would go away but then it caused the panic attack because I thought I was going to die on this pill. Never again!”

SavingCinderella · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): “Amazing drug. After trying everything for a week to get rid of the worst yeast infection of my life, I was prescribed Diflucan. Within 15 minutes, no lie, yeast started dumping from my body. Kinda gross but that's what was making me feel so horrible and frustrated had waited a few days after Monastat didn't work. But word to the wise, drink lots of water after you take this; there so many toxins that get released into your body when yeast dies off, especially that fast. I drank a lot of water and didn't experience side effects or headaches with this med.”

NiyaMiller0308 May 16, 2021

“I am a single mother of 4 at the age 36 and I had a yeast infection. My doctor gave me this medication for 7 days. I took only one and stopped because the next morning my urine color was very bright fluorescent yellow/ orange and abdominal pain! It’s day 3 since I’ve taken that prescription and my pain in abdomen and now eyes glassy and I don’t feel right at all! Tomorrow I’m going to Emergency Room if I don’t see a change! Please God Help me! I don’t want to die! I trusted my doctor to get rid of my yeast not my liver too! I’m so scared! Please pray that I survived and got better! For my babies!?”

K8s1 · Taken for less than 1 month September 22, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): “I was prescribed just 2 pills after getting antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection “just in case.” They were to be taken 7 days apart. The morning after taking 1 I had nearly all the side effects mentioned for this drug. I didn’t read the side effects beforehand and psych myself out. I just wondered why my stomach was so bloated, painful miserable gas, constant BM, 0 appetite and worsts of all I had shortness of breath! Then, 24 hrs later, I remembered I had taken this the night before and looked up negative side effects. I will not be taking the other pill! If I ever get a true yeast infection, I will use the 1 day ovule that has no side effects! Can’t wait til this leaves my system which says it stay in your system for several days :(”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2020

“I had a UTI got put on Bactrim my only symptom frequency to urinate and pressure on bladder, after that symptoms never went away, went back urine was clean for bacteria infection so the swabbed me and said I had a yeast infection but I have no symptoms but the same one from my UTI the whole 3 weeks??? Been on flucazole now for 2 days hope this works!!”

Jean · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): “I was prescribed this drug for a fungal UTI I have lost most of my hair. I started loosing it about a week or so after I finished the medication . I now have started saving it along with videos, I have 2 Qt. size zip lock bags of it & am still loosing it by the brush full almost 2 mo. later. My hair was VERY THICK now you can see thru it. I will never take this drug again.”

endezeichengrimm · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2016

“Took 1 pill (150mg) and a few days later got terrible abdominal pain, testicular pain, headache and dizziness. 3 weeks later, I still have dizziness and minor testicular pain and swelling. The side effects are worse than the original symptoms. I would avoid this drug. It should not be over the counter and should be prescription only.”

Tomega · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2016

“I'm a 30yo male and I recently picked up a painful candida infection. Ironically, this was worsened by the doctor prescribing me antibiotics in the initial belief that it must be a bacterial STI. Men can and do get thrush! Anyway, this med eased the burning immediately and cleared it up entirely after 7 days.”

kuno78 · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2021

Diflucan (fluconazole): “It would have been very nice to have known beforehand that Difucan contains fluoride, which messes with iodine. I have thyroid problems and bipolar, so it is been real fun puking my brains out while having a complete breakdown. This stuff also has the added plus of switching your yeast infection to a bacterial infection.”

Ptessa · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2021

“I am a 38 yr old male that had a possible yeast infection. My nurse practioner gave me this on a whim to see if it cleared up a possible yeast infection because a round of antibiotics didn't work. I am currently on a blood pressure medicine that I was told it wouldn't react with. Let me just say this. I took only one 150 mg tablet and as of 3 days later I am still extremely fatigued with nausea and some dizziness. The bp medicine I'm on is called bystolic 5mg for anyone's reference. This medicine stays in your system entirely too long as well. Especially for 1 pill. I don't know if anyone knows a way to get relief or not or they can even answer here. I thought I had covid these side effects are so bad. If I was coughing or had a fever I would have literally gotten tested.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): “I am still having problems with a bad taste in my mouth, no appetite, nausea after taking a single dose over a week ago. I suffered a very bad headache for 3 days after the dose. It was miserable.”