User Reviews for Fluconazole to treat Candida Urinary Tract Infection

Also known as: Diflucan

Fluconazole Rating Summary

5.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 10 medications used in the treatment of Candida Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Fluconazole

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I was prescribed just 2 pills after getting antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection “just in case.” They were to be taken 7 days apart. The morning after taking 1 I had nearly all the side effects mentioned for this drug. I didn’t read the side effects beforehand and psych myself out. I just wondered why my stomach was so bloated, painful miserable gas, constant BM, 0 appetite and worsts of all I had shortness of breath! Then, 24 hrs later, I remembered I had taken this the night before and looked up negative side effects. I will not be taking the other pill! If I ever get a true yeast infection, I will use the 1 day ovule that has no side effects! Can’t wait til this leaves my system which says it stay in your system for several days :("

K8s1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I was prescribed this drug for a fungal UTI I have lost most of my hair. I started loosing it about a week or so after I finished the medication . I now have started saving it along with videos, I have 2 Qt. size zip lock bags of it & am still loosing it by the brush full almost 2 mo. later. My hair was VERY THICK now you can see thru it. I will never take this drug again."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

"Took 1 pill (150mg) and a few days later got terrible abdominal pain, testicular pain, headache and dizziness. 3 weeks later, I still have dizziness and minor testicular pain and swelling. The side effects are worse than the original symptoms. I would avoid this drug. It should not be over the counter and should be prescription only."

endezeichengrimm (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"I'm a 30yo male and I recently picked up a painful candida infection. Ironically, this was worsened by the doctor prescribing me antibiotics in the initial belief that it must be a bacterial STI. Men can and do get thrush! Anyway, this med eased the burning immediately and cleared it up entirely after 7 days."

Tomega (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

Diflucan (fluconazole): "Amazing drug. After trying everything for a week to get rid of the worst yeast infection of my life, I was prescribed Diflucan. Within 15 minutes, no lie, yeast started dumping from my body. Kinda gross but that's what was making me feel so horrible and frustrated had waited a few days after Monastat didn't work. But word to the wise, drink lots of water after you take this; there so many toxins that get released into your body when yeast dies off, especially that fast. I drank a lot of water and didn't experience side effects or headaches with this med."

SavingCinderella (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

Diflucan (fluconazole): "I am still having problems with a bad taste in my mouth, no appetite, nausea after taking a single dose over a week ago. I suffered a very bad headache for 3 days after the dose. It was miserable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2015